JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q5. A Dwelling Place for God

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As we are in Christ so we become individually Temples of the Holy Spirit but as we are joined indissolubly together as living stones so the individual members contribute as members of the Body of Christ to the whole. I have a spiritual gift which I must exercise in accordance with God's will to develop and build up the Body.

• 3 weeks later...

By alllowing the Holy Spirit to not only dwell, but reconstruct our lives we become the dwelling that God can call 'home'. We must be cleaned and swept clear by the Holy Spirit so that the new man can begin to operate in the world among God's People and those yet to be joined.

The Church is being built together, being fitted together, into a "dwelling of God in the Spirit'. We do this through coming together in one spirit, one attitude, one mind, and one heart of love. Congregations that fight and have conflicting issues are not being fitted together, but are being torn apart. As representatives of Christ on earth, the Church has an obligation, a calling, to join together as one in love. Satan would like nothing better that to have churches break apart. What kind of message and representation does that show to the world? Surely, God is not glorified when we fight and show dissention.

This also affects me personally as an individual believer. I am a part of the Church. I am to come to worship God with humility, love, peace, and joy. If I come to church with this attitude, I can grow in grace and be a part of the building together of "God in the Spirit". Only I can answer to God. I am responsible to God and to my own local church. And when I am responsible, then I can glorify God in all that I do.

• 2 months later...

My congregation should be "a dwelling place for God in the Spirit" by being a place of worship and praise as well as obedience. According to verse 22 the members of a congregation help bring this about as live intertwine and testimonies and experiences are shared, The Lord ties us together for His glory. This should take shape in my life so I can be a place where His Spirit can dwell. In the life of my congregation this should take shape so we can be strong in His presence.

• 2 months later...

We are to be built together with others...being built into the frame-work of the church with others-is not an option for us,it is Gods plan for us.We are living stones(1-peter 2:5) living 2/4s,if you will,joined to others to enable us to build something not only for our benefit,but for Gods. God wants us to be part of His Holy temple for His Honor and Glory.

God dwelt in the tabernacle in the wilderness(Exodus40:34)(Eph.2:22)What the shekinah glory was to tabernacle and temple,that the Spirit is to the "Holy Temple,"the church and to the temple which is the believers body(1cor.6:19

Our congregation is not a part of the temple. Our church is the Temple of God . It doesn`t matter if your congregation is large or small. Jesus is present where two or three are gathered together in His name.(Matthew18:20)Regardless,it is Gods desire for you and your destiny in God.

• 4 weeks later...

One of the key words here is "together". We have to be aware that we are a piece in the jigsaw. This means (i) we have to function beautifully in the Spirit as a single unit, so as not to disfigure the whole picture, and (ii) We have to fit into a certain spot in relation to the others. We are unique, but part of an organic whole. We are disfunctional if we ar not fitting with the other people around us, and how we complement their function. Then, over all, we have to look, in the Spirit from God's eagle perspective, looking with highly accurate vision on the whole jugsaw, and identifying pieces out of place, constantly seeking to build the jigsaw as a whole, in correct perspective. Truth and love, in a blanket of wisdom, are needed for this task.

In my own life - I have just joined a new church, and have to find my place in it. Thus I will attach myself to those whom I see as mentors. I will submit to them and serve them. I will be aware of the others that God places in my path, praying for them, ministering to their needs at every opportunity, at the same time accepting no games and other forms of nonsense, controlling spirits etc. but where needed, giving account of my actions in love, always appreciative of teaching or correction when available.

As individuals in the congregation do similarly, the church will be built, steadily, precept upon precept, line upon line.

• 2 months later...

Q5. (Ephesians 2:22) In what ways should your congregation be "a dwelling place for God in the Spirit"?

The congregation should be a dwelling place for the Holy Spirit by worshiping and loving the Lord and being obedient to God's Word.

According to verse 22, how do the members of the congregation help bring this about?

By following God

• 2 weeks later...

My congregation should be a dwelling place for GOD in the Spirit by revealing the presence and the glory of GOD on earth. When anyone comes into my congregation the impression should be that GOD is in His holy temple, (the Church).

Members of the congregation help bring this about by getting into GOD's Word and applying it to our lives, loving one another and forgiving those who hurt us.

All of the above must be applied to my own life so that I do not hinder the work of GOD's Holy Spirit.

This applys to all of those in my congregation.

• 5 months later...

God dwells in the holy temple and that is the church - the congrgation. As we worship the Lord, cleansed through His blood and learn the truth we are shaped to be His holy temple where He can dwell with confidence

The congregation makes this happen when every one of the body of Christ dies for their flesh and start to live for Christ who bought us paying the price that no one can pay.

And this takes the shape of one body where evey part strives to give its beat and all make sure that the kingdom of god and His purpose on earth is fulfilled.

• 11 months later...
:D EPHESIANS 2:22, Q5-- FOR THE INDWELLING,OR THE DWELLING-PLACE OF GOD. FORMERLY HE DWELT IN THE TEMPLE. NOW HE DWELLS IN THE CHURCH, AND IN THE HEARTS OF HIS PEOPLE; SEE-- 2 CORINTHIANS 6:16; (2)--- BUILT TOGETHER--YOU ARE BUILT INTO THAT,OR CONSTITUTE A PART OF IT. YOU ARE NOT MERELY "ADDED" TO IT, BUT YOU CONSTITUTE A PART OF A BUILDING; UNITY- WITH GOD. AMEN, PRAISE THE LORD; :D

• 3 months later...

Our congregations should be a dwelling place for God in Spirit in that the God who called us His Holly and if we are to follow Him we must fully commit our life to Him and worship Him in true Spirit , that is meeting together , encouraging one another .

This is because we have one thing in common , we are sons and daughters of one Father

Our congregations should be a dwelling place for God in Spirit in that the God who called us His Holly and if we are to follow Him we must fully commit our life to Him and worship Him in true Spirit , that is meeting together , encouraging one another .

This is because we have one thing in common , we are sons and daughters of one Father

• 6 months later...
In what ways should your congregation be "a dwelling place for God in the Spirit"? According to verse 22, how do the members of the congregation help bring this about? What shape should this take in your own life? In the life of your own congregation?

Each believer has Jesus dwelling within them. We are no longer ours but his. A congregation is a community and by coming together the indwelling Jesus within each of us becaomes the cement that links us to a true thriving church. He is in us and we are in Him. Together we become His body. Members of the congregation bring this about by growing your own spiritual life and relationship with Jesus. As each individual's faith deepens this on a collective basis strengthens and gives life and strength to a congregation: it infects others; it motivates; it energises. It starts with a personal committment to study, pray and obey His teaching. An effective congregation is one when personnal commitments are joined and work in unison.

God in the spirit is the Holy Spirit. He is the Spirit of truth. He dwells in each one of us and His presence is with us. His truth for the church is that He is building a community of believers who will be His people. We as members of congregations, help bring this about by living in unity. We humbly base our acceptance of each other on the knowledge of the grace we have received through Jesus. We teach this grace and show this grace towards each other and in all things by exhorting and edifying in love. God is love. God's grace received is a foundational truth for all of our actions.

In our own lives, this should show characteristics of Christ. Humble servanthood, a willingness to suffer at times for the good of all and the furtherance of the Kingdom of God. It should reflect renewed minds and hearts. A people born again to do the work given to them by the Holy Spirit. We should have a wonderful desire to know God more, seeking Him in all things and by devouring His Word for truth and revelation so as to know Him more and to understand Him more and to love Him more.

We should be focused on the cross and Jesus' sacrificial death and amazing grace, so we too can live a life of selflessness and forgiveness towards each other. Our hearts should cry out to show and preach this wonderful gift, salvation by grace to others so that they may be built up and have the joy of changed lives.

If each does His own part and allows the fullness of God to flow up and outward, like a drink offering to each other and to the lost, we would see congregations living in unity and love, adding more and more to Him who is worthy of all praise and glory. We would see more living houses of God of one mind.....the mind of Christ.

• 3 months later...

Question#5.)(Ephesians2:22) a.) We the congregation form the temple for God to dwell in. b.) By coming together in Jesus name. c.) by making the commitment to become part of the temple. d.0 Make sure they understand that they are needed to complete the temple, they are outpost od God's glory and presence and power.

• 2 months later...
Q5. (Ephesians 2:22) In what ways should your congregation be "a dwelling place for God in the Spirit"? According to verse 22, how do the members of the congregation help bring this about? What shape should this take in your own life? In the life of your own congregation? Exposition

Our congregation should be a dwelling place for God in any way He chooses. Open to His leading and guidance. Obedient to His voice. A place where He is praised and worshipped. A place of teaching and learning. This is brought about by prayer and obedience. Willing to do whatever He asks. This is for the congregation and the individual.

• 5 months later...

Q5. (Ephesians 2:22) In what ways should your congregation be "a dwelling place for God in the Spirit"?

Our congregation is a "dwelling place for God in the Spirit" because as Believers, we are of the Household of God.

According to verse 22, how do the members of the congregation help bring this about?

The members of the congregation help bring this about as we come together to form the Church of God. Not the local church, but a part of the larger Church.

What shape should this take in your own life? In the life of your own congregation?

In my life and that of my congregation we should always be mindfule that we are a part of something larger that the local body.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi we are the dwelling place of God, every born again believer is the Temple of God, he states such in his word. We are to show others how they can be part of this church or (The Bride of Christ) family, this is why we are saved, to point others to Christ. Let us all keep a clean and workable vessel for our Lord to work in. Let us come out and be separate from the world, and let every man see the difference in us. God bless you all, and yes I am the dwelling place of my Lord, and he keeps my heart in check for His use.

0000beaut4TheeBarb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Q5. (Ephesians 2:22) In what ways should your congregation be "a dwelling place for God in the Spirit"? According to verse 22, how do the members of the congregation help bring this about? What shape should this take in your own life? In the life of your own congregation?

A gathering or fellowship of believers who gather together in the name of the Lord Jesus are a dwelling place for God in the Spirit. Wherever there are two or more gathered together in His name, Jesus said He would be in the midst of them. Each believer is a living block or brick of the Church -- the Living Temple of the Lord God Almighty.

Members of the congregaton help bring this about by calling upon the name of the Lord and submitting their will to the will of God for service and spiritual growth as the body of Christ.

As a disciple of Jesus Christ and a member of a congregation, I should open my heart and submit myself to the Living God for his instruction and perfection in my life. Additionally, I should be opening myself to others in the congregation to love, encourage, serve and worship with the congregation. As we grow together, we become a stronger, tighter congretation -- more spiritually mature.

• 5 months later...
Q5. (Ephesians 2:22) In what ways should your congregation be "a dwelling place for God in the Spirit"? According to verse 22, how do the members of the congregation help bring this about? What shape should this take in your own life? In the life of your own congregation? Exposition

We should be open to anyone sharing in our congregation.God puts us together into His Holy Temple. I should be open to anyone who might come into my church or congregation. We must show in our outer appearance and actions that the Holy Spirit is evident.

• 3 weeks later...

The Spirit of God dwells in believers individually and corporately. When we assemble together in unity we become a spiritual household for God, His Temple.

As a single unit or as a number of brothers and sisters we should recognize our duty to walk in the Spirit, especially in church, in order that we may receive the fullness of the Lord's glory.

We come to God as an individual to learn of Him personally so as we come together corporately we are able to share His truths and spread our witness.

God chooses to bring us together so He may dwell "LIVE" among us. He is active within us therefore we too are being built by Him for action. Our lives and the congregation grows spiritually is evident by the fruits of the Spirit that we display towards others. As God draws us and others closer to Himself we become instruments and light sources for others to receive what God desires to share with them and prayerfully they too will delight in His indwelling.

• 11 months later...

-NOT as the only place we can find Him. Rather as a teaching place, and academy of Theology- the study of God and our relationship with Him.

-By being willing to grow together and be taught.

-This very type of Bible Study, prayer time, small group Bible Studys, fellowship and fun times with other believers, regular attendance in our church.

-The church has the ultimate responsibility to nurture it's own. More small groups, more classes, MORE LEADERS arew required. Christ's church is a Leadership Training academy, making disciples who then make more disciples for Jesus Christ OR it's just a service and fellowship club like Kiwanis or Rotary.

The Church or the believers should be holy and like the tabernacle of old be the dwelling place or resides of the Spirit of God. We are built together through the cornerstone or Jesus our Lord and Savior. As member or in this case a lively stone, I should be participating in the fellowship with other believers. The local church should be built on the cornerstone with the foundation of the apostles and prophets.