JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Maximum Growth in Good Soil

Q3. (Matthew 13:23) Even good soil can have factors that hinder growth in various parts of the field, or make some areas grow taller and fuller wheat.

1.What factors make a disciple especially good soil for the growth of the word or message of the Kingdom?

Shalom,

OBEDIENCE to Christ makes our "soils" grow for God's Kingdom. We must have a humble, teachable and childlike attitude in faith. John 5:39-40 39You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about Me, 40yet you refuse to come to Me to have life."

Faith comes by hearing God's Truth, that we receive in Christ, through faith and prayer. We must receive Christ into our whole being, and have faith that there's power from on High to help us be victorious for God's Kingdom. We are to be so close to Christ, similar to symbolically drinking His blood and eating His flesh, becoming one in Him. His words must live in us, His thoughts, His mind, through the Holy Spirit. It is through Christ that we can recieve forgiveness and reconciliation to the Father and then be able to live by the laws of God's righteousness that's in His Son.

John 5:24"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes Him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life."

2. What might be the reasons for 30-fold, 60-fold, and 100-fold growth? Fruitbearing is not something we can do on our own, without Christ we can do nothing. John 15:16-17 16 You have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you." The fruit will come if we remain in Christ, "that whatsoever you shall ask the Father in My name, He may givt it to you." You actually have access to the Father and can ask for His will to be done, for His strength, for His favor, for the blind to see, healing, etc. Amen? Amen!

The proof of Christ Spirit living in us, would be Love, Joy and Peace, Long suffering, Gentleness and Goodness,Faith, Meekness and Temperance.

John 15:2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. It is through God's Son that we bear fruit and if we are truly living in Christ we will bear fruit by the power in God.

God's abundant Life is in His Son, Jesus Christ, and if we truly desire to be fruitful for the Kingdom, we will obey His commands. Next time you want to yell and fight with your neighbors, think what would Jesus do? Jesus would say, "remain in my love." We have a choice every moment to obey and glorify God. Praise and glory be to God forever! Amen.

God bless, Lory

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. (Matthew 13:23) Even good soil can have factors that hinder growth in various parts of the field, or make some areas grow taller and fuller wheat. What factors make a disciple especially good soil for the growth of the word or message of the Kingdom?

A big factor for growth would be the condition the heart is in.

What might be the reasons for 30-fold, 60-fold, and 100-fold growth?

Each one of these folds resemble great growth, they must have been watered with the word, and with their obedience to the Word, fertilized the seed bringing great growth to the Kingdom.

Q3. (Matthew 13:23) Even good soil can have factors that hinder growth in various parts of the field, or make some areas grow taller and fuller wheat. What factors make a disciple especially good soil for the growth of the word or message of the Kingdom? What might be the reasons for 30-fold, 60-fold, and 100-fold growth?

The factors that make a disciple especially good soil for the growth of the word or message of the kingdom, is that he is grounded in the word of God and can be a good example or witness to those who are not grounded. He probably has a strong faith and trusts in God to provide everything he might need and he is confident in his faith in the Lord that even though bad things may happen to him, God is always there to help him through the tough trials that may come his way. So he hears the word, he then keeps the word in his heart, and as he believes and doesn't doubt in gods word, he becomes stronger and stronger in his faith and trust in God and because of this he wins others over to God through his faith and trust.

I believe that the reasons for 30-fold, 60-fold, and 100-fold might possibly be the strength of the faith and trust these have in God. 30-fold is someone who has heard the word and received it with joy but has a hard time trusting in God when trials and tribulations come, so even though he is strong and is a good example to others, he does not have the confidence to win as many people over to God but he does win a few. 60-fold is someone who not only hears and receives Gods word with even more joy and excitement than 30-fold, and is somewhat stronger in his faith and trust in God to provide everything he may need, but here again when tough times and tribulations come he does not completely waiver in his faith and trust, at first but as they may become stronger and more defeating he then starts to doubt a little but his faith is still strong enough to win even more people over to God. Last but not least i believe the 100-fold receives the word of God and keeps it with him at all times, in his heart and in his mind, as he grows in the word which he is constantly running through his mind and heart, he becomes stronger and stronger in his faith and trust in God. This disciple has become so strong that he never doubts that God is by his side through all the good times and the bad times and he is the best example of all three because his faith and trust is so strong people are won over to the Lord just by looking and seeing how he reacts to everything.

It's not only your personality.

It's also your geografical area and culture.

If you live isolated, it will be difficult to spread the word.

If you live in North-Corea it's illegal to spread the word so it will be more difficult then in a free country.

Shade, sun, moisture, nutrients and protection all are important factors to consider for maximum growth in good soil agriculturally speaking. I don't think it is much different spiritually speaking. Spiritual armor for protectiion, fellowship with other believers for teaching and accountability, time in prayer and the Word for nutrition and faith all contribute to maximum growth spiritually. These factors and the level of consistent and diligent application will determine whether a harvest is 30,60 or 100 fold.

I love that you thought this out with you included as part of the harvest, not strictly the soil on which the seed was scattered. Through proper care, by means of Bible study, Christian fellowship and relationship with God, you as a stalk of wheat will be healthier to produce much fruit.

Factors that make a disciple have good soil for the growth of the Kingdom is when they have a desire to become more like Christ. They will want to be obedient to the Father, read the Bible daily, pray without ceasing, and persevere to put on the fruit of the Spirit.

As a believer apply the truths of Gods word to their daily lives, and grow in Christ. It is God who will give them the increase of a 30-fold, 60-fold, and 100-fold growth, because He alone knows the heart, and can judge how much a person have taken hold of His salvation.

Q3. (Matthew 13:23) Even good soil can have factors that hinder growth in various parts of the field, or make some areas grow taller and fuller wheat. What factors make a disciple especially good soil for the growth of the word or message of the Kingdom? What might be the reasons for 30-fold, 60-fold, and 100-fold growth?

I believe the factors that help us grow in the faith include regular church attendance, Sunday School, fellowshipping with other beleivers in both social and learning environments, going on missions, having an accountability partner, daily Bible reading, daily devotionals, and prayer. One Biblical example I think of is Daniel where he spent time with God at least three times a day. We also need to be aware of the company we keep, the food we eat, the drink we drink, the rest we get, the books we read, and the media we listen too and watch.

For years my tomatoes failed while other's flourished. Someone told me I am too good to them. They need a little sand in the soil for drainage while the cukes didn't want much fertilizer, the zuchini (love that stuff) could take about anything except this summer's heat and drought but still produced some. I think God knows each He has created and what soil they will grow well in. Some need trials, some flourish with money and give much to charity and helping others, etc.

I think part of the reason is lack of prayer on our parts for our spirits to grow in the Lord where we are planted.

I also believe that God alone knows our hearts and He plants us where even if shut up we will fully love Him and desire to honor Him.

He is Lord and He reigns over all.

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26

PRAY! PRAY! PRAY! Lets pray for each others spouses and children. This world with all its gadgets takes over hearts and minds which might otherwise be fertile ground for Him. We are all family in Christ. We need to pray for each other.

Understanding, obeying and living God's Word. Letting the world see Jesus in us daily. Christian hearts are the good soil, where the seeds, grow 30, 60 and 100 fold, where the fruit is produced. We are to use our God given gifts, to serve others. We do not have to be out there winning souls, that is the Holy Spirit place. But we do need to be examples, we need to be light and salt. If, by our actions, souls are won, then we are doublely blessed. We need to pray for our loved ones, each other, for our country and our leaders. :rolleyes:

I believe that as we nurture and allow God to hone our abilities to use and implement the gifts that He has given us,the more productive we become.We need to become focused

on Him and His will and then the things of this Earth will grow strangly dim, in the light of His glory and grace.We need to be constanly in prayer and delving into His word remaining servants to His will.

As we draw closer to His plan for our lives His light will shine brighter through us.Amen.

Fertile soil still requires preparation and maintenance for crops to thrive: Water, fertilizer, weeding...As a Christian, I must pray, read and study the Bible and stay awake to what God is trying to tell me. It is easy to become distracted by work, household duties, relationships and just the busyness of life. Prayer, reflection and taking a daily inventory of what happened in my day -- did I bear the fruit of the spirit -- or did I miss an opportunity to be kind, generous and loving. Am I truly seeking to do God's will? Where do I fall down -- am I carrying resentment, blame or my personal favorite -- pride? Have I truly repented? If I am mindful, prayerful and loving, the fruits of the spirit will be evident.

Dear Lion of Grace, thanks for your answer. It really touched me.

What factors make especially good soil of disciples?

My husband is a farmer and for him to have a good crop, he has to care for the land. He plows, plants, weeds and fertilizes the land. He checks on his crops and watches out for pests and disease. He then treats the crop accordingly for a good yield.....and he prays for blessing on weather factors and yield as only God can control those. We are much the same way, we need to take care of ourselves spiritually to produce a good crop. We plow up our hardened heart ground with repentance and plant seeds of the Word in our softened hearts. We pull up the sin in our lives and get rid of the weeds holding us back. We fertilize with Bible teachings, church and with fellowship with other Christians. We are accountable and ask for accountability when disease wants to set in or pests from the world want to infest our better way of thinking. We pray for blessing in our lives and ask for rain to water our fertile ground. I heard a song the other night on the radio and it was titled, Jesus Bring The Rain. I had an original hesitant, dreading "uh oh" moment, but then could sing along. " Bring me joy, bring me peace, bring a chance to be free, bring me anything that brings You glory." and I felt a peace in that because we always grow in those "rainy" moments and something in it will be for HIS glory! Not easy sometimes....but He is`faithful!

I think this ties in with the 30, 60 or 100 fold growth. The more our hearts are softened and we are planted with God's seed and allow the weeding, the fertilizing and the sun and rain and the over all care and infinite wisdom of God to grow us, we will grow in HIS grace and knowledge and be filled with the Spirit to live lives totally for Him.

Q3 "By their fruits you shall know them" If we the good seeds are nurtured,

harvested, we begin to grow in Gods character and produce good heart by the help

of the Holy Spirit. Together with the spiritual gifts bestowed upon us, we will

help to build the Kingdom of God here on earth. Each one of us has a different

gift and through the manifestation of this gift we reach out to those who hunger

for the Word of God thus producing and yielding, 30, 60 and 100 fold.

As disciples, we are good soil for the growth of the word or message of the Kingdom when we receive God's word into our hearts and our lives are transformed according to the Word. However, we must receive the Word with discernment as seeds of strange and wrong teachings can also be tossed in to the field of good soil. We are to water the Word (good soil) with prayer, faith, fellowship with other sound believers, good works and most importantly living a life completely yielded to the Holy Spirit. Good soil can also be hardened and be weed-infested. Therefore we must be on our guard against complacency and pride, and be watchful over the company (even christian company) that we keep. Making good use of our God-given gifts will also make us good soil. We have to diligently seek God for what he has called us to do, and do it well. Not all of us are called to be in the fore front of the church and its various ministries. Some of us are called to do small things. Whatever we are asked to do, we are to do it joyfully for God. The 30-fold, 60-fold and 100-fold is determined by our obedience and faithfulness, as well as God' grace.

"The man who hears the Word and understands it. He produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown." (Matt. 13:23).

Time, trouble and tribulation reveal our true character. When trouble or tribulation comes, those with a shallow Christian commitment, will fall away. Others will endure much longer, because their roots do go down deep, but they will also ultimately fail, because they tolerate the thorns of sin, "

The good soil refers to those who hear the word with a receptive heart and bear fruit of love, joy, peace, pacience, kindness, goodnes, faithfulness, gentleness and self control.

But it is possible for one to receive the word but good fruit.

The factors that make good soil for growth are those who receive the Word of God and allow it to develop the godly qualities or character traits that are within them - it will also allow for the gifts and talents they posses to be perfected within them...

Reasons that result in growth are as we develop and perfect our walk with God it has the tendency to not only produce but to produce greater.

B)

What factors make a disciple especially good soil for the growth of the word or message of the Kingdom?

Not attempting to avoid answering the question however I have a question prior to answering the question given. Is it the hearer that brings forth fruit or the Seed that is received and understood by the hearer? (verse 8)

What Jesus said in regards to the Sower, the Seed and the soils has always been true and the truth. The responses to the truth are always like those soils. The differences are not to be found in the Word (Seed) but in the preparedness of the soil (heart) to receive the Word. (James 1:19-21). A human being will not receive more than they can believe, nor can they believe what they don

I can only speak for me but my thorns were from a background of abuse and even though much of my life I was in church learning more (wheat) I turned to any escape possible-drugs, alchol, and hatred. After the good soil had taken over recently there was a certain church who thought it was ok to scream at me and hurt me very deeply. I could have run for the hills but i chose to stay with God and find his rest and comfort. Many others have choices equal as painful and leave the church.

Q3. (Matthew 13:23) Even good soil can have factors that hinder growth in various parts of the field, or make some areas grow taller and fuller wheat. What factors make a disciple especially good soil for the growth of the word or message of the Kingdom?

2 Peter 1:19-21

There are many factors which can make a disciple a good soil for the growing of the word of the kingdom:

When one is ordained by God, they pick up the call and become good soil for the growing of the message. God makes everything work; nevertheless, there are other factors like; a person's attitude over others or place; understanding capacity of a person as regards the word of God, submission of a person to serving God fully, bearing witness of Christ as the savior among others.

The reason for 30-fold, 60-fold and 100-fold growth is that some seeds, though they are cast in a fertile soil, don't find all nutrients that are necessary for them to grow. The idea is that they still put on fruits since fertility of the soil which is one of the major requirements for plants to grow well is there.

When we focus on believers, we shall find those who receive the message but to some extent, tend to rebel. Since they are a fertile soil and have been ordained by God, they must produce some 30-fold, others 60-fold.

You know that parable where the king goes away and leaves his servants with 10, 5 and 1 gold coins? Well perhaps this 30/60/100 fold idea is linked to it. We are not all given the same abilities, some folks are dealt a better hand than others. The trick is to do the best with what you have been given.

I once read that a disciple should be FAT (Faithful, Available, and Teachable). These traits would improve the quality of the soil. When we are faithful to what we already know, God rewards that faithfulness (Matt 25:23). When we make ourselves available, God gives us more opportunities to serve. When we are teachable, God's Word can be more fruitful for positive change in our lives.