JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 2 months later...

Q1. (John 4:31-34) What does Jesus mean by “food” in these verses?

Jesus said His "food" was to do the will and pleasure of His Father Who sent Him...and to accomplish and completely finish His work.

What was his passion?

Revealing His Father's love to the people....and explaining that He is "The Way" to the Father.

What is your passion?

My passion is to share the gospel with people....and to encourage... (my gifts are evangelism and exhortation)

What will it take so that your passion, your goal in life, is to do the Father’s work? In your life, what do you think that might look like?

My goal in life was set years ago when in a Bible Study we were asked what we wanted our epitaph to say about us when we are gone....I said "I want to be remembered as a woman of faith who loved people". That's my focus as I go through the day...not in a Pollyanna-ish way, but in down to earth, every day situations and circumstances. I don't always succeed, but that's my goal, and in Him, "I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me", so I keep relying on Him to get me to the finish line with having pleased my Father.

(John 4:31-34) What does Jesus mean by “food” in these verses?

Jesus spoke of food in a figurative way as the notes point out. He declined the food that the disciples brought him to illiustrate his point (John 4:32, 34). He said "My food is to do the will of him who sent me, and to accomplish his work." That was his passion and mission.

What is my passion?

I'm not sure if I can say what my passion is at the moment to be honest. However It thrills my heart to see people progressing in their lives by putting their faith in the Lord.

What will it take so that your passion, your goal in life, is to do the Father’s work? In your life, what do you think that might look like?

I think my goal in life is to represent Christ in the work that I do in the community (Colossians 3:17). Although lots of times I stuff it up.

What does Jesus mean by “food” in these verses?

1.  Jesus is saying that his food is doing the will of his Father and helping to bring His work of salvation to completion.

What was his passion? What is your passion? What will it take so that your passion, your goal in life, is to do the Father’s work?  In your life, what do you think that might look like?  

2.  His passion is to do his Father's work.  My passion is witnessing to my family to turn their life over to the Lord.  My daily prayer is to be more like Jesus.  If I continue to study His word and sit at the feet of my Man of God, it will help with my ministry work.  I would look like a woman of God that has a concern for saving those that so not have a relationship with God.

What does Jesus mean "by food" in these verses?  What was his passion?  What is your passion?  What will it take so that your passion is to do the Father's work?  In your life what do you think that might look like?

By food in these verses Jesus is referring to doing the Father's work which glorifies the Father and brings lost souls into his kingdom.  Jesus' passion was to do the Father's work?  

My passion right now is to develop a closer walk with the Lord and to take care of my husband.  I believe right now taking care of him is the Father's work.  As to the future I will leave that in His hands because none of us know what the future holds.  However I hope to be a good ambassador for my Lord and to finish the race set before me in a way that brings Him glory.  

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26

We need to pray for each other so that we can each accomplish what the Father sets before us.

Q1. (John 4:31-34) 

What does Jesus mean by "food" in these verses? 

What was his passion? 

What is your passion? 

What will it take so that your passion, your goal in life, is to do the Father's work? 

In your life, what do you think that might look like?

Jesus was saying that His food was to do the will of God, and to finish the work which God had given Him to do. The passion and the object of His life was not to cater to the body, but rather to do the will of God. He emphasized this by explaining that the will of God is spiritual food, which is much more satisfying and sustaining than physical food. My passion should be to imitate my Lord and Saviour Jesus. This means that I should in obedience to my Heavenly Father, do and complete all that he has given me to do. For example, I need to be bolder in trying to win others to Jesus by sharing the Gospel and by living the Christian life. He has given me many opportunities in my neighbourhood alone. 

Q1. (John 4:31-34) What does Jesus mean by “food” in these verses? What was his passion? What is your passion? What will it take so that your passion, your goal in life, is to do the Father’s work? In your life, what do you think that might look like?

In these versus Jesus is referring to food as His purpose for coming to earth and obeying the will of His Father. This is the food or purpose that keeps Him going.

The Lord's passion was to teach people about the gospel ant the Kingdom of God and to get as many people as He could to come to the faith in Him and His Father.

Our purpose in life is to be disciples of Christ and preach the gospel and bring as many people as possible to the faith in Christ.

What it will take in my life to have the passion to live for Christ and preach the gospel to as many as possible would be to help my faith and love for him. To have the Lord teach me to express myself about God and Jesus by the way I feel in my heart. Also to have a personal relationship with the Lord.

In my present life I have no idea what that maybe like, perhaps just learning to trust Him.

Q1. (John 4:31-34) What does Jesus mean by "food" in these verses? What was his passion? What is your passion? What will it take so that your passion, your goal in life, is to do the Father's work? In your life, what do you think that might look like?

We can not really be alive in a spiritual sense without the food of prayer and meditation. This is the food we get from our relationship with God, our creator. It is simple to put in words, yet daily practice is need to maintain a spiritual connection or condition that will really help us, and also bear fruit which the Father wants to use us for.

it is enough to turn our lives over to God, do the next right thing on our path today, and wait to see what He tells us to do as we grow. To say I think it should looks like "this" has cost me pain and frustration, the kind that comes by trying to act as if we are God. An exercise of patience and prayer, and more patience, in learning to really let Him take control of our lives. There is no formula of how to do it, just try, as I am and be blessed, as only He can do it.

Q1. (John 4:31-34) What does Jesus mean by "food" in these verses?

The food Jesus was talking about is “Spiritual” food, delicacies he had just shared with the Samaritan woman, spiritual food when received, when taken in, will satisfy the hungering of the soul:

The questions she asked revealed her soul was hungry for that which is spiritual, that which is true, this is why she received his words as if they were honey to her mouth, thereby she knew who he was as she said, “I know you are the Messiah”

Q. What was his passion?

His passion was to complete the work the Father sent Him to do.

Q. What will it take so that your passion, your goal in life, is to do the Father's work?

When I believed and turned my life over to God is when the will of God was felt on my life, my passion is that of “love” as the Father’s word feeds my soul with, “If you love me, keep my commandments” and I esteem the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

(John 4:31-34) What does Jesus mean by “food” in these verses? What was his passion? What is your passion? What will it take so that your passion, your goal in life, is to do the Father’s work? In your life, what do you think that might look like? 

Jesus was referring to spiritual food. To Jesus, food meant - 'My food,' said Jesus, 'is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.' (John 4:34) In Matthew 4:4, when Jesus was tempted by the devil, He said, 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.' Jesus' passion is to save the spiritually lost. Doing the will of God does not necessarily mean being a pastor or minister. Instead we can do the will of God in our every day lives - by being obedient to God's word, living our lives according to God's words and bringing God's word to the spiritually needy. 

Jesus means spiritual sustenance, but in this case, not our own sustenance, but His own.  I can’t think of another instance where the roles are reversed in this way.

His passion (in this context) is to save souls and lead sinners back to righteousness.  My passion is to see the children who are my responsibility flourish.  I believe this is also the Father’s work.

When we do a job well, we have a great sense of satisfaction and contentment.  This is rather similar to the feeling at the end of a really good meal.

Q1. (John 4:31-34) What does Jesus mean by “food” in these verses? What was his passion? What is your passion? What will it take so that your passion, your goal in life, is to do the Father’s work? In your life, what do you think that might look like?

In these verses, when Jesus spoke of food he spoke of nourishment for the spirit-man.  Jesus' passion was to do the Will of Father God.  My passion is also to do the Will of God and with His grace I continue to reach the mark and accomplish the work He's set for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Q1. (John 4:31-34) What does Jesus mean by "food" in these verses? What was his passion? What is your passion? What will it take so that your passion, your goal in life, is to do the Father's work? In your life, what do you think that might look like?

By "food" here Jesus meant doing the will of God, bringing the lost sheep home to God. Give them eternal life.

His passion was to totally do the will of God and work for Him until all is done.

I have a passion in work- work given to me by the church and the secular authority.

This takes my determination, commitment, time, resources and energy.

Jesus was talking about His food as being His spiritual nourishment.  It includes more than Bible study,prayer,and attending church.It comes from doing God's will and helping to bring His work of salvation to completion.

His passion was to see that everyone receive His salvation with help from all.

My passion is to lead my family back to the Lord. I pray for them and try to talk to them and know one wants to listen. I pray for the Lord to have mercy on them and pray a hedge around them until they receive Him back into their lives. Maybe I am not praying right. Open to any suggestions. 

Maybe work harder on God's work pray harder. Evaluate my spiritual life and pray for the Holy Spirit to fill me that I can lead people to the Lord. Get out and do more work for the Lord. 

Maybe the Lord would look upon me in a different way I may not be doing what he wants me to do.

The food that Jesus desires in contrast to physical food is to do the will of the one who sent him (the Father) and to finish His work. His passion is to do this, that is to say, to complete the plan:  "For even the Son of Man did not come to be served but to serve and to offer his life as a ransom for many." Mark 10: 45. Jesus receives nourishment not only from what he receives from the Father but also from what he is able to give - his life.

My passion also is to do God's will. He has gifted me in the area of teaching. My prayer is that with God's help, I can place myself in a space to receive the Holy Spirit daily. I have recognized that when I'm obedient  to God's will is precisely the time when I'm most satisfied in Him. This I can get passionate about.

To God be the Glory.

I think that Jesus means by “food” is there are people out there that need to have God in their lives and that they are ready for this type of evangelism. Jesus passion was to do the work that God had given him.  This should be my passion but sometimes I don’t think that am working toward that goal. In my life that would look like going out and doing more mission work.

• 4 weeks later...

Q1. (John 4:31-34) What does Jesus mean by “food” in these verses?

Spiritual food is what Jesus mean. The supply, the energy, the living, the food of Jesus is to do will of the Father.

What was his passion?

His passion was to minister to the sinners soul.

What is your passion?

My passion is to be use by God in his passion.

What will it take so that your passion, your goal in life, is to do the Father’s work?

By the grace of God that he'll put in my heart to have a passion and goal in life to do his will.

In your life, what do you think that might look like?

May God have mercy on me to learn more about him and live my life doing his will.

• 4 weeks later...

The “food” about which Jesus was speaking was his spiritual nourishment. My passion includes more than Bible study, prayer, and attending church but to be used by God. Spiritual nourishment also comes from doing God’s will and helping to bring his work of salvation to completion. We are nourished not only by what we take in, but also by what we give out for God.  Jesus come here on earth to complete God’s work and to save the sinners.

What Jesus meant by "food" in these verses was, doing the work His Father had sent Him to do.

Jesus' passion was saving the lost.

My passion is working in children's ministry and being an intercessor. I also have a passion for the persecuted church.

• 2 months later...

I feel that Jesus means a spiritual food. I think that he means type of food that fills his soul and our souls. Jesus was very passionate about doing the work of his Father. Right now I am very passionate about my studies of the bible. I feel that this is what the Father wants me to do right now. I try to find places to share the knowledge that I am getting. I want to show others the positive things in their lives. I am trying to be that example that helps people to come to God.

• 1 month later...

What does Jesus mean by "food" - The spiritual nourishment that He receives fro doing God's work.

What was His passion - being obedient to God

What is my passion - to be an instrument that God can use 

What will it take to accomplish my passion - listening to God through continued heart felt prayer allowing for quiet time in order to hear God. Diligently reading & studying his word. 

What does that look like in my life - currently I am a member of a disaster relief team, I assist in the nursery at church, and I am anxiously seeking my next assignment

• 3 months later...

Food is whatever substances we consume to maintain life, nourish health, provide energy, and promote growth and wellness. Jesus needed physical nutrition, of course, but what He needed more than that was spiritual food and sustenance. His passion to feed the spirit in the accomplishment of the Father's will was stronger and deeper than any need to feed the body. His greater desire was to maintain spiritual life, health, energy, strength, and growth – things eternal, not transient.

Very rarely does my passion for God and His work completely override my worldly passion to feed self, sad to say but honest. Changing my goals in life begins with the plea that God will increase my desire for that kind of passion and clear focus, to the point I can't be satisfied with anything else and am willing to give up whatever is required in order to pursue His goals with all my heart.  When I consistently nourish my spirit with the Word, time with Him, gratitude, and obedience, God will grow me into His will and plans for my life.

• 2 years later...

I think that when Jesus uses the word “food” he is saying that there are a lot of people out there that need to be forgiven and come and see the Lord. His passion was to save the people and He was going to do it. My passion is to save people to bring them to Jesus and for a long time I was teaching them about Jesus.

• 7 months later...

He means that His food is to do the will of His father who sent Him to earth to die on the cross for our sins to show us the Father's love .

His Passion - The Father's love to show it to everyone who was willing to know it. 

My passion is to write for Him so teens, and women alike have something enjoyable to read that is not filled with garbage or inappropriate language. Also books for teens that draw them to Christ. 

• 5 months later...

The "food " in these verses are the gospel.  Jesus's passion was to tell a dying world or sinners about the love of God and how to be forgiven of sin so that they may receive eternal life through the belief in Him.   Our work is the same as Jesus's was.  We are to teach the gospel.  We are to tell those who are lost how to be saved and how to walk in the light of the world, who is Jesus Christ.  Jesus taught the word of God to everyone He met who wanted to hear. He taught them of God's love for them and what they needed to do in order to be saved from their sins so that they may have eternal life with God.  We are to have the same passion and the same mission in our lives ,to tell someone of God's amazing love and be a testimony, a living witness of how God has changed our lives from sin to a live of love and holiness and righteous in Jesus  Christ.