JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Day 23. River

Pastor Ralph

• 4 weeks later...

The water is flowing from the throne of God so that means that it is probably a spiritual healing and a physical healing. We are being healed from the sins that we have committed while in this earthly body. The way that “living waters” flowing through us that brings healing to others is by exercising the Spiritual gifts that God has given us.

'Throne of God,' stained glass , artist: Betti Pettinati-Longinotti, main window, Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church, High Point, North Carolina.'       Lead Kindly Light

Throne of God,' stained glass , artist: Betti Pettinati-Longinotti, main window, Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church, High Point, North Carolina.TRULY AMAZING.......

In what ways can “living waters” flow through you to bring healing to others?....Really beyond my understanding...(amazing grace).In the words of JESUS..."But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life".John 4:14   

Father, thank you for your healing waters that flow within us, straight from the throne of the Lamb! Thank you for your Holy Spirit. Soothe us, we pray, quench our thirst, and then let your river flow out of us to heal your hurting world. In Jesus' name, we pray. Amen.

Day 23 Meditation (Revelation 22:1-2).

What is the significance of the source of this healing stream?

It flows from the throne of God and of the Lamb, brings healing to nations. 

In what ways can “living waters” flow through you to bring healing to others?

When we share the Gospel and pray for one another, release the word of God to build  others, share the love of Christ.

On 5/15/2020 at 12:58 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Day 23 Meditation (Revelation 22:1-2). What is the significance of the source of this healing stream?  

I think the source of the healing stream is the throne of God and of the Lamb. According to the notes, the stream flows from the heart of Jesus because it is from the river of life.

In what ways can “living waters” flow through you to bring healing to others?  If given the privileges as outlined in the notes, I will also follow the lead of the Lamb and his disciples and bring healing to people that are suffering from pain and illnesses. I would also love to give fertility to women and men who have not been able to conceive on their own. I once spoke to a man who suffered from a hormonal disease which prevented him from producing sperm and he and his wife struggled for years to conceive, spending countless hours, money to bring their own offspring into the world. Their marriage suffered, both were heartbroken over and over again when the results came back negative.  They finally did have children, twins, through a complicated process of IVF, fertility drugs so in the end it worked out for them but if I could in anyway help to ease the burden, I would love to do it.  

As the protests rage against police brutality, I especially appreciated your comment...

How we need healing! But the healing our world needs -- even more than physical healing -- is the healing of our souls. There's an African-American spiritual that draws from Jeremiah 8:22.

"There is a balm124 in Gilead
To make the wounded whole;
There is a balm in Gilead
To heal the sin-sick soul."

Father, the source of healing is Your throne. Please heal our nation! For You Al things are possible; please have mercy! 

Q. What is the significance of the source of this healing stream?

A. The source of the healing stream is from the throne of God, from God directly with healing power.

Q. In what ways can "living waters" flow through you to bring healing to others?

A. As I am connected to the source of leaving water my self, I can be able to let it flow out to others by my acts/ feeds, loving, giving, serving etc to impack on others.

On 5/15/2020 at 9:58 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Day 23 Meditation (Revelation 22:1-2). What is the significance of the source of this healing stream? In what ways can “living waters” flow through you to bring healing to others?

1. What is the significance of the source of this healing stream?

The healing stream is flowing from the throne of God and the Lamb....from whom all blessings, all redemption, all purity, all holiness, ALL life flows. On earth we can't survive without water for more than a few days...but there in glorified bodies perhaps it's simply for continual refreshing from our God and King. It indicates that we will be intimately near Him and continuing to depend upon Him as our source of abundant eternal life. There will be no sickness in Heaven, nor any accursed thing so the healing leaves from the Tree of Life, which was present in the Garden of Eden,  may be symbolic of "all tribes and tongues and nations" finally gathered together in Him,   living in harmony and peace" in His presence. (I'm thinking of the nations who gathered together in their unholy alliance in Genesis to create a super society apart from God, and where He thwarted the plan by confusing their languages.....and now in our day, the same plan is being plotted, called "Globalization" by the godless "elite" billionaires which will culminate with Anti-Christ as it's "unholy" leader for a time. Now finally, the nations will be unified in Christ for eternity, His Name on all foreheads.

2. In what ways can "living waters" flow through you to bring healing to others?

John 7:38,39: He who believes in Me (who cleaves, trusts and relies on Me, as the scripture has said, From his innermost being, shall flow (continuously) springs and rivers of living water. But He was speaking of the Spirit, Whom those who believed, trusted ( had faith) in Him were afterward to receive. 

His living waters may flow through my words, spoken and written, my deeds and actions, as I interact with others. The promise is they WILL flow....and don't have to be forced or drummed up....but will flow naturally as I live a yielded life to and in Him.

Day 23 Meditation (Revelation 22:1-2). What is the significance of the source of this healing stream? In what ways can “living waters” flow through you to bring healing to others?

What is the significance of the source of this healing stream?

The source of this healing stream is significant because is our Heavenly Father and the Lamb.  It flows from the giver of life.

In what ways can “living waters” flow through you to bring healing to others?

"Living waters" flowing from me can bring healing to others because I am merely a conduit of God to give life and healing to man.

Day 23 Meditation (Revelation 22:1-2). What is the significance of the source of this healing stream?

The significance of the source of this healing stream is God in Christ who is the water of life (John 7:37-38). We remember that water is a symbol of eternal life. Jesus shares the same with the Samaritan women (John 4:7-14) its pictured living water that would quench one’s thirst and eternal life and “the source of this constant stream of blessing and refreshment for his people”.

In what ways can "living waters" flow through you to bring healing to others?
In both old and New Testament, living water pictures salvation and the refreshment of the Holy Spirit. and because the living water is in me, I  can bring about healing to others by allowing the living water to overflow  and spill out His flowing fountain to  bring forth healing.   

What is the significance of the source of this healing stream? 
In what ways can "living waters" flow through you to bring healing to others? 

The source of this healing stream is the throne belonging to the Lamb. We read that there is a river with an abundance of that life-giving water flowing from it. This water of life signifies a steady stream of blessings to all the elect. And we read earlier in Rev 7:17 that the Lamb, who is at the centre of the throne, will shepherd us and lead us to springs of living water. This healing stream is the Holy Spirit who satisfies our spiritual thirst, and is a guarantee that we belong to Jesus and will spend eternity with Him. 
Living waters is a metaphor about the Holy Spirit’s work in our lives providing spiritual cleansing and constant refreshment. We need this “living water” to give life to our spirit, but at the same time, we can bring life and light to the world. Once we have our own needs supplied, we will have an abundance of rivers of spiritual blessing, that the overflow will flow out from us to others. In John 7:38 Jesus says, “Whoever believes in Me … streams of living water will flow from within him." Once we have been born again, we cannot keep the joy we know from others. We must tell others as well as helping them and serving our Lord. We are excited about our new life’ the free gift (Isa 55:1) of salvation which Jesus gives freely; mercy, comfort, strength, glory; What a Saviour! 

Very very significant. This is eternal promised water of life given by God and God only. Where the lamb made it possible for us to access this water, the Holy spirit. Jesus said that we know how to give bread for our children, but God gives us the Holy spirit much more. Man can promise to give something but may not be fulfilled at times things become beyond control. God is trust worthy in any circumstance. The Psalmist said that ...I fear no evil even if I walk in the valley of the shadow of death... Only God by the blood of the lamb can heal us. The source being God is very significant for all our gifts of life.

The fruits of the Holyspirit can flow from us and become contagious to others if and only if we continue to seek the guidance of the Holyspirit in our relations, work and testimony for salvation of others. 

We can't survive without water.  Water defines life and sustains us even into eternity.  It isn't who is asking for this water or where, it is important that we give it when asked.  Sometimes it is not so much what you do but to listen for the voice, the asking for water and to hear.

a.  The significance is that the water of life, bright as crystal,  flows from the throne of God and the Lamb. It is living water!

b.  Having the Spirit of God within us we can bring this living water to others: waters of salvation, healing and deliverance.  As the woman at the well:  Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinks of this water shall thirst again:  But whosoever drinks of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.  The woman said to Him, “Sir, give me this water, that I may not thirst, nor come here to draw.”
John 4:13-15

The significance is that this healing stream is flowing from the throne of God. It is living and meant to heal people from all nations. They are to use the leaves for healing and eat the fruit. 

Living water can flow through me as I talk to others and tel l them about how He saved me and helped me overcome sinful habits. I can tell others how He can help heal them and deliver them from sin. I can show through my actions how He has changed me.

• 3 weeks later...

The significance of it is that it comes from the throne of God and living and meant to heal people from all nations. 

Living waters can flow through me by the way I speak to others about the Lord and how He saved me and how He helped me overcome my addictions. I can tell them that the Lord can heal them and deliver them from sin. I can show through actions how I have changed. 

• 2 weeks later...