JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Promises Fulfilled

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are now created new, our old self has passed away, we have a new resurrected body like Jesus, a new heaven, a new earth, we no longer need a place to worship for God is their, no light for God is the light, God will reside with us, we will see Him, we will walk beside Him, we will have full communication with God, we will live in paradise the way it was to be in the beginning before the fall of mankind.

The promises can only be fulfilled in Heaven for this is where God lives, this is Gods throne.

I especially look forward to dwelling with God.

The fulfillment of our lives is to do as

Christ Jesus our Lord has done.

Do God's perfect Will from the beginning

to the end.

Having His life as a perfect example of what

to do, we can see how little we are, how far

of the target we are and then we still hold

the vision of God in our lives, and his promises

So is of a great significance to hold the thought

that one day because of His mercy we could be

with Him in heaven, in the Spirit, since God is the

Spirit of the Universe and only in the Spirit we can

come to him and exalt him.

Be with God always my brothers and sisters.

ps I do not know if this is appropriate but here

it comes. One of our brothers (Al4jesus) is in

the hospital with a heart condition please

hold him in your prayers. Thankyou.

I see it as the returning to the Garden of Eden, as it was in the beginning. We were created to commune with God, and we will walk with Him as did Adam and Eve.

Why it can only be done in heaven? Because only with the return of the LORD and our redemption and transformation into perfect bodies - - we will be perfect at that time, our God can be with us as He intended.

I look forward to long walks with the Father just chatting! :D

It will be as it was in the beginning with Adam and Eve. God will walk with us and we will be able to talk with him and he will talk with us. There will be nothing to stop us from serving God and doing his total bidding at all times. It will be a personial relationship.

Only in heaven can we live at peace with God he will wipe away our tears and we will have no more pain as long as we are not in heaven this will continue to go on.

God's home is now with his people. He will live with them, and they will be his own. Yes, God will make his home among his people. We shall talk and walk with God as Adam did in the beginning. It shall be even better than it was in the garden of Eden we shall never have to worry or be concerned about sin for it will no longer exist. Praise the Lord.

Only in heaven will God wipe all tears from their eyes, and there will be no more death, suffering, crying, or pain. These things of the past are gone forever. We will be free of all that caused us to fell pain and suffering. Thank you Jesus.

I look forward to both of these equally they are important to me. I want to be with Jesus and the Father most of all I would have to say. Oh want it be wonderful there. Praise the Lord. :D

In heaven we will live in God's glorious presence. Looking forward to heaven is a sign of salvation. We will live in fellowship with Him. We will know God, we will see Him as He is 1 John 3:2, we will worship Him in perfected worship, we will serve Him and He, Jesus will serve us Luke 12:35-40. To me it is inconceivable that I will be there. As long as we are on this earth we will have tears and pain and sorrow. It is only in heaven that those things will be absent because there will be no more sin and the suffering it causes. I guess I am looking forward to feeling God wipe away the tears from my eyes.

Lately I am finding I am getting all caught up in things here and not focusing on where I am heading. I am grateful for this study because its getting my mind off here and on to there where we shall see him face to face.

I read something on Revelation 19 about things to praise God for. One of the least expected is for His destruction of the wicked. There are many scriptures referring to this and while it doesn't make me happy yet we should praise God for it. John MacArthur wrote a very insightful piece on this in His commentary on Revelation. I just thought I would add this in because I just read it and I have been feeling so sorry for those condemned I didn't think about giving God the praise He deserves as I so often don't.

God Bless

Jen

Q1. (21:3-5) What is the significance of the fact that in heaven "God himself will be with them"? Why can the promises in 21:4 only be fulfilled in heaven? Which of these do you especially look forward to?

21:3-5) What is the significance of the fact that in heaven "God himself will be with them"?

The Bride is ready and perfected and in eternal; the Almighty

The meaning of God will be with man means that there will be no dividing wall, like there is before Jesus comes. The dividing wall being sin. We will be standing or sitting right next to God.

The reason why the promise of 21:4 can only be fulfilled in Heavon, is there is tears, death, pain. We live in the old order of things. When Jesus comes there will be a new order of things. Our last fight will be death. Unless Jesus comes first. There will be no sorrow in Heavon.

I look forward to both of these questions. Being right next to God with no barrior between us. And having no sorrow. (just buried a relative last week) There is death all around us. Everywhere we look, someone is dying or someone we know has someone dying. It is a relief to know that in Heavon, there is no dying.

Which of these do you especially look forward to?

Just the thought that there will be no more death, mourning, or pain is wonderful enough; But to be with my Lord and walk with Him in more than a spiritual way is overwhelming.

When I read v 21:4 about wiping every tear from their eyes, I have this image of a loving daddy on his knees wrapping me in his arms and caressing my cheeks while removing my tears. To be with the Lord here on earth brings me such joy! I can only imagine what is in store!

:huh: No one will be seeking God as many do now but His physical presence will be right in the midst of us. God actually will communicate with His creation as He has always wanted to. I will be happy with the earthly things being removed particularilyl this pain I have seena and even what I have experienced. I will praise Him particularily for the absence of pain.

God will be able to dwell among men like He had always planned to do, just like in the Garden of Eden. It was God's purpose back then to dwell among and fellowship with His creation. Because of sin, that fellowship was broken and it took the death of Jesus on the cross to restore man's fellowship with God.

The promise of our sorrows, griefs, tears, etc. being taken away can only be fulfilled in heaven because only God is capable of completey wiping away the sorrow and pain of our past.

What I look forward to is being with Jesus and fellowshiping with all the different kinds of believers that will be there. I look forward to looking up old Christian friends and making new ones. There are also famous Christians of the past I am looking forward to meeting.

:) The significance of the fact that in heaven "God himself will be with them" is that no longer is man be separated with His Creator. The full communion of man with God is restored. The tabernacle of God is with men, and they shall be His people, and He will be their God. And this will be our destiny to come if we continue to be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.

The promises in 21:4 will only be fulfilled in heaven because this is what God had said in His word and as the former things will pass away, God will make all things new then. Paradise is restored. Hallelujah.

I look forward to all these promises of God. In God's presence there is fulness of joy. Maranatha, Jesus!!! :)

The significance of the fact that in heaven "God himself will be with them" is that we will be able to see God's face and hear His voice on a daily, physical basis. The promises in 21:4 can only be fulfilled in heaven because that is the only place that is perfect and holy. I am especially looking forward to no more pain-physical, emotional, or spiritual.

The New Jerusalem is where God dwells among His people. He comes down to be with us, just as God became Jesus Christ and lived among us. Wherever God reigns, there is peace, security and love. Revelation 21:4 can only be fulfilled in heaven because on this earth we have death, pain, sorrow and crying. In heaven ALL of this is gone forever. Regardless of what we go through on this earth, it is not the final or last word. God has written the last chapter. Eternity with God will be more wonderful than we can imagine.

Q1. (21:3-5) What is the significance of the fact that in heaven "God himself will be with them"? Why can the promises in 21:4 only be fulfilled in heaven? Which of these do you especially look forward to?

I look forward to a time that the many different sorrows of this world will no longer trouble me. I will have a glorious eternal time of joy and glory with my Father and Savior. Also with all those who are my brothers & sisters in Christ. :)

• 2 weeks later...

God himself has been preparing for long, this new, glorious Jerusalem, for his people and him to have that , inimaginable and wonderful fellowship! We are going to live in this Jerusalem, in our transformed bodies, in which God has His headquarters now! It is beyond our comprehension, what is it to be citizens of this city, in which God himself stays with us and rules righteously.

• 2 weeks later...

This is where (Heaven) that everything and everyone will be perfect. Here, now on earth we have to deal with pain, suffering, crying, etc. until God comes.

On earth we have the Holy Spirit of God, but Jesus has returned to the heart of the Father, and God, Himself always was in Heaven. However Jesus does seem to visit with people on earth and is always present in suffering. He seems also to retain an earthly presence. Once we arrive in Heaven we shall "know also as we are known". We shall be in the presence of God Himself whom no man has ever seen (lest he die!). We shall know God as we could never know Him on this earth.

There will be always tears on this earth. Only God in His Heaven, can clear those. Likewise for death, mourning, crying and pain, all of which will pass away there.

I love the idea of being present with God. His Holiness and presence deal with all my need, tears, death, pain etc. "Seek ye first....God and His righteousness, and all .... will be added...."

The new Jerusalem is where God lives among his people,instead of our going up to meet him,he comes down to be with us.God himself will be with us.~~~~~~

God has written the final chapter,and it is about true fulfillment and eternal joy forever for those who love him.There are no words to express how wonderful and beautiful heaven will be for us.

• 1 month later...

Q1. (21:3-5) What is the significance of the fact that in heaven "God himself will be with them"?

1. That in heaven God is waiting and we long for eternal union. While on earth the Spirit of God is with us.

2. That in heaven we will know the fullness of God. While on earth we receive 'glimpses' or 'portions' of Him.

3. That in heaven we will be in the presence of the God continually like Adam and Eve were before the fall.

4. That in heaven there will be no Satan, Devil or Beast to bother or annoy us no longer and never again!

Why can the promises in 21:4 only be fulfilled in heaven?

The enemy will be totally defeated and never to prowl or pounce again on a person's life. Hallelujah! All things will be made new and all things will be holy, perfect and good in the new heaven and earth. There will be then no need for death, mourning, tears, crying or pain that is associated with the old heaven and earth. The foe or enemy will be gone forever who had brought about and was the source of cause, for such things as death, mourning, tears, crying or pain.

A redeemed community, truly in unity, with no causes of sorrow to ever occur in anyone's life ever again.

• 1 month later...

Q1. (21:3-5) What is the significance of the fact that in heaven "God himself will be with them"?

We will have a new home in Heaven and God Himself will be there with us. We will share all that He is preparing for us there and we will be able to walk with Him by our side and talk to him face to face. What a wonderful day that will be.

Why can the promises in 21:4 only be fulfilled in heaven?

It means there will be no more pain, no more sorrow, no more doubt, no more fears. There will be no memory of the bad things we experience here on earth. Jesus said He would make all things new, and that is what we will find in Heaven. Praise God!

What I look forward to was depicted in a drawing done by Danny Hahlbohm . It

• 4 months later...

God will now live with mankind. Now that everything is fulfilled the "old order" is gone. Because it is and we are is heaven there will be no more death, or anything else that causes unhappiness. I am looking forward to living with God more then "no more tears", etc.

• 1 month later...
Q1. (21:3-5) What is the significance of the fact that in heaven "God himself will be with them"? Why can the promises in 21:4 only be fulfilled in heaven?  Which of these do you especially look forward to?

That God will be with us in His physical body, dwelling with us there in Heaven. Hallelujah!!! 21:4 can only happen in Heaven because Heaven is the end result of the beginning here, which is the beginning :)

I look forward to the day/s I get to sit with Abba, to see and touch His Majesty, and to eat with Him and talk. I wonder if Abba has a favorite color.... :D

• 6 months later...

I believe that heaven and earth come together in the mass, and that the promises of 21:4 are fulfilled each time the mass is celebrated. In physical death we are granted these promises eternally, but the promises are living right here, now, on earth, available to all who believe.