JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Creator of the Ends of the Earth

Pastor Ralph

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4. (Isaiah 40:21-31). In this passage on the "Creator of the ends of the earth," which words are repeated in verses 28-31. What application are we disciples to derive from this passage so that we might understand God's might as Creator?

This is the only one of my answers from previous weeks that I had saved.

This passage is one of the most majestic and inspirational of the Bible. It is also one of the most misused and quoted out of context. Yes,

I particularly see a repetition of the words tired, weary, and strength in verses 28-31. This assures me that, while I do not even have the strength or resources to make it through the finite period of years for my earthly life, Everlasting Creator God has all understanding, all strength, and all power to supply all need over all the earth for all eternity.

In seeking to make real-life application of His might as Creator, this raises some questions I really need to ponder. In what ways do I ignore His glorious, abundant provision for my needs? What causes me to continue to do this so frequently? When I am tired or weary or hopeless or lacking understanding, why am I often so slow to turn to God and receive what I need from Him? Who is on the throne of my heart? If it is not the LORD, what right does the occupant have to be there? What is clouding my vision, darkening my mind, or dulling my spiritual ears to know Everlasting Creator God for who He truly is? What steps do I need to take to correct that? How does the way I actually live reflect what I really believe?

Just last night I attended a Chris Tomlin/Matt Redman concert (what astounding, scriptural, worshipful music!) with speaker Louie Giglio. He talked about the "Astronomical Grace" of God (what incredibly perfect, personal timing God has!). He showed us picture after picture taken by the Hubble telescope of other galaxies out there in deep space with billions upon billions upon billions of stars - that the Lord knows each by name. He showed us one composite photo from our Milky Way galaxy that covered more light years of distance than I can fathom where you could barely see the little speck of dust in a band of reflected sunlight that we know as planet Earth. The final photo he showed was from deep in the center of one of the farthest galaxies yet seen, where there is what the astronomers call an X-formation - - clearly seen in the shape of a CROSS! God's astronomical grace is being unendingly proclaimed across the entire universe!! Louie's point was just how huge and great and mighty Creator God is, and how tiny and helpless and infinitesimal we are. But yet how supremely loved and valuable we are to Him as His creation, just as much as the rest of the universe that was designed to continually express and declare His glory! What need could we ever possibly face that cannot be met by such a mighty Creator?

If there is anything that is created, it was created by GOD Himself. God is the Ultimate cause and that He alone is creator. A position that is not share with anyone or thing. Because of the greatness of God we are, though created a littlte lower that the angels, we are created in His image and after His likeness. We're to bear His characteristics on earth. All of God's creations are designed for a purpose, humans were designed to have fellowship with our Creator, to worship Him, magnify and adore Him. As He reveals Himself through His various names we get to see more of His Glory and have revealed to us His creatures more of His mercy and grace.

Yes, I agree with Pickledilly, the words "tired and weary", occur multiple times in these short passages. It is the most beautiful thing I have ever read. Rading this aloud moved me, and I am so evident of my weakness and Gods strength, and yes, it is so unfathomable for me, I am in awe of my Creator, my Everlasting God, Creator of the ends of the earth. I just wish I could live in a constant state of awe and respect and reverence for Him, I am so unworthy of all He Is.

Q4. (Isaiah 40:21-31). In this passage on the "Creator of the ends of the earth," which words are repeated in verses 28-31. What application are we disciples to derive from this passage so that we might understand God's might as Creator?

Do you not know?

Have you not heard?

Has it not been told you from the beginning?

Have you not understood since the earth was founded?

This is the passage that is repeated at the end. After seeing the wondrous works of God, there is no scope for the fool to assert that there is no God. Because he is a fool, he says that. God has given us wisdom. It is said that the brightest and most intelligent person has used just fraction of 1% of the brain power that God has given us. Looking at that we can imagine what a magnificient God we have. Our most eloquent descriptions of the creation are just not enough to bring to light the majesty and power of God. As mentioned in the first chapter of Romans, there is no scope for the human being to escape the fact that there is a Great Creator behind all this Creation and they cannot be like an ostrich and say there is no God. We as disciples of the Lord God Almighty, do need to proclaim that fact more often and worship Him in the true spirit. Our God is an awesome God..... so goes the chorus and many like that. Yes, we have an awesome, powerful, magnificient and altogether lovely Creator with us, always. What a privileged lot we are!!

Tired and weary. Rest.

This week I have strugglked with perfection. Expecting it in myself and becoming increasingly aware of my striving in it. Thank God He is faithful to show me I am not perfect. I am small and I need Him and I need to rest in Him. He is God. I am in His hands and I can trust Him to love me as is. He's doing a good work in me and He will finish it...in His time. It is so easy for us to wander and end up striving by ourselves even if the intention is to be closer to Him!

" Come to me, all you who are tired and have heavy loads, and I will give you rest. Accept my teachings and learn from me, because I am gentle and humble in spirit, and you will find rest for your lives. The teaching that I ask you to accept is easy; the load I give you to carry is light."

When we end up tired and weary....give it over and trust Him. He meets us in our need and makes us strong again! Free to fly!

All praise and honor to His glorious name!

Q 4. (Isaiah 40:21-31). In this passage on the "Creator of the ends of the earth," which words are repeated in verses 28-31. What application are we disciples to derive from this passage so that we might understand God's might as Creator?

In this passage on the "Creator of the ends of the earth," which words are repeated in verses 28-31.

Have you not heard? Have you not understood since the earth was founded? The words weary, tired, strength and hope. We become tired and weary when we forget who he is. He gives us strength and hope

What application are we disciples to derive from this passage so that we might understand God's might as Creator?

It tells me how wonderful he really is. If he can create this world and all that is in it. He can take care of us. Everything we are is because of him. We are nothing without him. H is our strength our peace and our hope. :rolleyes:

As a supreme Creator, he never grows tired or weak as we do. but he DOES have what WE need to help us when WE grow tired or weak. God always has what we need, all we have to do is ask, and believe.

God is always faithful and just, he will never leave us. he does not sleep, so he is always available when we need him the most.

Repeated words: Do you not know? Have you not heart?

I am again humbled to think abiut this past week when I felt so weary from just trying to keep up with the demands of life! Yes, I have heard and yes, I do know that my Lord is the everlasting and eternal God, the Creator. He doesn't grow tired or weary and His understanding is limitless. It is my God that gives strength when I am weary. I cannot pick up myself - He reaches down with his loving arms and embraces me and says "Come, draw your strength from Me."

I like the amplified Bible for verse 31 - But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for, and hope in Him] shall change and renew their strength and power; they shall lift their wings and mount up [close to God] as eagles [mount up to the sun]; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired. What a beautiful picture of being able to lift up my wings (arms) and fly close to God. It is only then that my weariness disappears. I am healed by my Creator. We, who put our hope in God, will stay strong when we are held close and embraced by the Father's love.

In these verses it is repeated He gives strength, He will refresh renew our strength

He will supply what we need and take away our weariness...

We disciples of his need to know thru reading these passages that we need to

rely on god our maker for our strength and nourishment and to be renewed in

our every day tiredness and weariness that it will be thru God's strength that we are

renewed and given sustenance and streangth to meet our expected goals and

do the work and things expected of us.

Not in our strength and energy but in God's strength and energy what strength and

energy he sees fit to give us.

Have you never heard or understood? Don't you know that the Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth.

Waiting on the Lord is the patient expectation that God will fulfill his promises in his Word and strengthen us to rise above life's difficulties. It means we must completely trust in God. Even the strongest people get tired at times, but God's power and strenght never to become gradually less.

God is never too tired or to busy to help or listen. His strength is our source of strength. We can always call upon God to renewed our strength or even when we are down,He lift us up.

Put our trust in God,remember,God is almighty and powerful. Nothing is impossible for God.

The words repeated in Isaiah 40:28-31 are " He will not grow tired or weary", " He gives strength to the weary".

Not only does God never get tired or grow weary, but gives us strength during the times when we are tired or weary.

If I understand the question correctly the words that are repeated are Lord, tired,and weary.

We need to understand that the Lord, Creator of the worlds did not become weary or tired. He rested on the Seventh day to admire His work for it was good. We if we live in the Lord can become like Him in that we to can run and not tire and walk and not be faint. I believe that this is a promise to the ones who endure the race not as people here on earth. We as humans tire but when we get Home we will never tire of giving God praise for the things He has done in our lives to bring us to Him and then we to will see that is was good.

Tire and weary.

This passage struck me like none has for awhile. I have gone through a tough struggle the last 2-3 months, I let the 'world' get ahold of me, trying to make something of myself or "be somebody". This passage addresses that issue with great power. I can't begin to speak of everything it's saying to me now other than I have been making too much of myself and what I think is important. True happiness is under the canopy of the heavens. What is it that causes us to think we have more urgent things to take care of than make time for Him who is really in control of those important things.

The words that are repeated are ''Tired'' AND ''Weary''.

As a disciple of God, i can understand from these words that God is forever strong and powerful that even when we grow weary we should always trust in His strenght and power of strenghtening us, because those that trust in the Lord , They He renews their strenght and the weak, He increses their power.

This is such a wonderful passage that have opened my eyes the more concerning the power of the most high GOD.

Q4. (Isaiah 40:21-31). In this passage on the "Creator of the ends of the earth," which words are repeated in verses 28-31?

The words that are repeated are tired, weary and strength.

What application are we disciples to derive from this passage so that we might understand God's might as Creator?

I should always trust God. When I grow tired and weary He will be my strength. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Q4. (Isaiah 40:21-31). In this passage on the "Creator of the ends of the earth," which words are repeated in verses 28-31? What application are we disciples to derive from this passage so that we might understand God's might as Creator?

The words repeated are "tired," "weary," and "strength." God is so powerful that He can create strength for us when we grow weary.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Q4. (Isaiah 40:21-31). In this passage on the "Creator of the ends of the earth," which words are repeated in verses 28-31? What application are we disciples to derive from this passage so that we might understand God's might as Creator?

Be aware of all the wondrous things that are around us. Know the the Lord sees all and hears all. God is everlasting and has created these wonderful things for us. Those who faithfully believe in Him, will be given all his wonderful rewards.

But!, Those who don't follow the Lord will not be given his rewardsand will not be given the opportunity of greatness and will be living in the Spirit of the Antichrist.

• 3 weeks later...

The words that are repeated are

Repeated words are strength and weary. That without God, if we chose to do it our way, we will grow weak we will become weary. But, praise the LORD, with Him, He will give us the strength to go on and He will give us rest. We will never become weak or weary if we rest in the LORD.

• 3 weeks later...

The words which are reapeted in this pssage are :- Have you not heard and weak.

Even the strongest people get tired at times , but God's Power and Strength never diminish . He is never too tired or too busy to help and listen . His strength is our source of strength . When we feel all of our life crushing us and we cannot go another step , remember that we can call God to renew our strength.

Trusting in the Lord is the patient expectation that God will fulfil His promises in His word and strengthen us to rise above all difficulties.