JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Satan-induced Blindness

• 2 months later...

Since Satan has blinded people's eyes to the truth, is there any hope for them? Yes, absolutely.

What strategies must we use to overcome spiritual blindness? Speak openly to ensure they hear; the rest is up to God.

How many people are likely to find Christ without intercessory prayer? No many, though I believe many will stumble upon the truth. Perhaps that is the prayer of an intercessor.

Q2. (2 Corinthians 4:3-4)

Since Satan has blinded people’s eyes to the truth, is there any hope for them?

What strategies must we use to overcome spiritual blindness?

How many people are likely to find Christ without intercessory prayer?

Yes, but only if the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ should shine on them. We need to earnestly pray for them, interceding on their behalf. We must also proclaim the gospel; they have to hear the good news of Jesus, Romans 10:14 “How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?” The work of the Holy Spirit is vital in sharing the gospel – He can lift the veil and open spiritual eyes.

Q2. (2 Corinthians 4:3-4) Since Satan has blinded people’s eyes to the truth, is there any hope for them?

Of course there is. The power of the Gospel is still at work. People are still praying for the lost. The Spirit of God is still at work in people's hearts.

Intercessory prayer and openness in sharing the Good News. Spiritually blind people aren't likely to read the Bible. We are their means of learning about Salvation.

I can't honestly say. God has the power to do anything and everything without our prayers but He's chosen to work through the prayers of the saints. Without us praying for non-Christians to come to Christ the job becomes that much harder.

There is hope until the day they die. Only God's Word can take away the blindness from their eyes & hearts. We need to be faithful to present the Truth to them so the Holy Spirit can work in their lives. Prayer is key to being faithful witnesses.

Since Satan has blinded people's eyes to the truth, is there any hope for them?

Yes, there is still hope for them.

The strategies that we must use to overcome spiritual blindness include:

1. fighting the blindness with prayers;

2. being open, honest and truthfull in spreading the gospel;

3. spreading the Gospel with clarity; and

4. showing our intense love to unbelievers.

I think intercessory prayer is important to all people in finding Christ.

Q2. (2 Corinthians 4:3-4) Since Satan has blinded people’s eyes to the truth, is there any hope for them?

I believe so

Tell the truth about the Gospel of Christ. as it is

How many people are likely to find Christ without intercessory prayer? Not many, people need to be told about Christ

Q2. (2 Corinthians 4:3-4) Since Satan has blinded people’s eyes to the truth, is there any hope for them? What strategies must we use to overcome spiritual blindness? How many people are likely to find Christ without intercessory prayer?

There is always hope for the lost. God does not desire anyone to perish but for all to have eternal life.

To overcome spiritual blindness we must pray in the Spirit. It is a spiritual battle. We pray that eyes, hearts and minds will be opened to the truth. We pray for Satan's defeat in the lives of unbelievers and we pray for Heavenly Warriors to help fight!

We also, must share the Gospel and our own testimonies as to what God has done for us. We mentor and walk with others and show God's love to them. We remember we ARE the Gospel they read from our own actions. Sometimes I think Christians forget how important their own actions are as a testimony to what they themselves believe. If the unsaved aren't sold on what they see you believe....why should they believe it themselves?

I don't know how "likely" it is, or what numbers are saved from our prayers. God calls and some are saved and some are not, but I do believe we are called to pray unceasingly for others. God partners us in prayer and I can't say I have that all figured out when with one breath He can make anything be, but I DO know He wants us to pray and we should be faithful in that. More faithful, realizing the extreme importance of prayer than most of us really do.

Q2. (2 Corinthians 4:3-4) Since Satan has blinded people’s eyes to the truth, is there any hope for them? What strategies must we use to overcome spiritual blindness? How many people are likely to find Christ without intercessory prayer?

There must be hope because I was one of them.

Prayer, honesty, clarity and charity.

Very few although there will be the odd conscript.

Absolutely! My eyes were blinded until a Christian neighbor began to pray for me and to share Christ with me....I wasn't interested for quite some time, but the Holy spirit wooed me and won me! Jesus said No one comes to Me unless my Father enables them to come," so I share believing that each one has been enabled to come....."Whosoever will may come."

Prayer and sharing Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit. The life my Christian neighbor lived before me, and her love and kindness softened my heart to be willing to listen to truth.

I have no idea. Left to our own devices, we are not likely to seek Christ on our own. The Jewish woman with the issue of blood, confined to her home for being "unclean", broke all the laws and went out in public in seach of Jesus because of what she'd HEARD 

ABOUT HIM...and He said "Daughter, your faith has healed you."

Q2. (2 Corinthians 4:3-4) Since Satan has blinded people’s eyes to the truth, is there any hope for them? Yes of course. Gods will be done. No one knows if a word, a message, an encounter thru prayer will open the eyes of a person to Gods truth, Gods love.

What strategies must we use to overcome spiritual blindness? Prayer. Intercession. We must be honest, and open with others, always remembering it is Gods work and Gods will. He will put the words to speak into our hearts and minds.

How many people are likely to find Christ without intercessory prayer? God alone knows. He might touch their hearts with something as simple yet wonderful as a rainbow creating a need in them to come to know Him.

Answer:

1.Since Satan has blinded people’s eyes to the truth, is there any hope for them?

YES there is Hope for them...as long as they live in their physical body there is hope...but we must not forget that it is the goodness of God that will lead them to repentance(Romans 2:4)..

God did not will that any man should perished,and that God wants all to come into the full knowledge of God,and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

2 Peter 3:9-The Lord is not slow concerning his promise,as some regard slowness,but is being patient toward you,BECAUSE HE DOES NOT WISH FOR ANY TO PERISH BUT FOR ALL TO COME TO REPENTANCE...

Tim 2:1-4-First of all, then, I urge that requests,prayers,intercessions ,and thanks be offered on behalf of all people,even for kings and all who are in authority,that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life in all godliness and dignity:Such prayer for all is good and welcomed before God our Savior.SINCE HE WANTS ALL PEOPLE TO BE SAVED AND TO COME TO KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH.

Apostle Paul clearly,says here that Prayers,intercessions are good and welcomed before God for those who are blinded by satan...And I think It is God's work that will lead them to receive the light..

John 6:44-No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him,and I will raise him up at the last day.

The difference is in us Christians..sometimes we tend to take matters into our own hand,forgetting about God,and bear all the responsibility and the brunt why this brother or sister is not converted....We act as if sometimes we know more than God.

2. What strategies must we use to overcome spiritual blindness? How many people are likely to find Christ without intercessory prayer?

Just continue preaching,teaching the goodness of God,the Gospel of jESUS CHRIST..and make intercession and pray for those who are lost...and be a good example to them,and let the fruit of the Spirit just manifest from inside out for everyone to see AND PRAISE AND GIVE GLORY TO YOUR GOD...and my GOD..OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST.

Since Satan has blinded people’s eyes to the truth, is there any hope for them? Never give up on anyone as long as we can still be talked to, their is hope, the problem is if it continues too long you will have less time and a hard time the longer he is deceived, eventually it can run into being a-reporbate and their is no hope.

What strategies must we use to overcome spiritual blindness? Always searh the scriptures for your answer, inorance any longer. never take anyone's word for your answer, God will not wink at ignorance any longer.

How many people are likely to find Christ without intercessory prayer? You don't need no one to intercede for you as long as you are pray for God to save you, God will intercede for you. When he died on that cross and said,-it is finished the veil was rent and came down, their was no more separation from God any more.

I believe that intercessory prayer is a privilege. It is a gift that God gives to us and to the ones we pray for. If God has designed that no one will be saved without intercessory prayer, then he will make sure that SOMEONE prays for the ones needing prayer. But no, I don't believe that a person's eternal life is dependent on any sinful human being. The only person we are dependent upon for our salvation is Christ. What a privilege, though, that we can grow in grace through praying for others. Why and how, exactly, God works through those prayers will be a wonderful thing to learn!

I believe there is always hope for unbelievers especially through prayer and more are likely to find Christ with prayer then without. We must use the the strategies of prayer and truth and reliance on the Holy Spirit to prevent blindness.

Q2. (2 Corinthians 4:3-4) Since Satan has blinded people’s eyes to the truth, is there any hope for them? What strategies must we use to overcome spiritual blindness? How many people are likely to find Christ without intercessory prayer?Yes JESUS is always reaching out,King David was blind to the truth that he was wrong in his actions with Bathsheba & her husband Uriah.Insult on top of injury was that Uriah was 1 of King Davids mighty men of valor...GOD sent Nathan the prophet to help King David take the blinders off...WE ALL fall short of the GLORY of GOD,it is said that the Prodigal Son came to his senses while still in the hog pen...GOD rebukes the devil long enough for each of us to come to our senses,at that moment the choice is available repent and return to GOD or stay in the hog pen...No has the power to make anyone pray for them but we do have power over ourselves to choose JESUS over satan,balaam choose satan over GOD it cost him his SPIRIT...GOD BLESS

There is always hope for those blinded to the truth of the Gospel of Christ as long as there is breath in their bodies. God doesn’t desire that anyone should perish! (2Peter 3:9) We should never lose hope for them or give up on prayerful intercession. Unless we are willing to take on the burden of one lost in spiritual blindness like Jesus did for us, that person may never have anyone keeping their name before the Lord who saves.

Pastor Ralph has laid out a concise strategy for overcoming spiritual blindness.

1) Remember always that unsaved people are blind, perishing, and captive to the thieving, murderous, destructive “god of this age”.

2) Maintain vigilant prayer and employ our spiritual weapons – pure truth, righteousness, steadfast faith, the peace of Christ, God’s piercing and protective Word.

3) Guard against deception or manipulation of people’s emotions. Be genuine, authentic, and honest about the gospel of Christ and about your own life of faith.

4) Keep the gospel message clear and accurate. Know the Word and be discerning of distortion.

5) Share and live out the gospel with love and compassion. Believers were once condemned and unlovely, too.

Satan is strong, but God is stronger.

Paul was the blindest of all, but God made him a christian anyway.

If we think people are blind by a splinter in their eye, we first have to check if we don't have a whole tree-thing in our own.

You can do that y praying, reading the Bible, and discuss it with other people.

For other people you can do intercession prayer and live as a good example.

Prayer and preaching the gospel can overcome spiritual blindness. Without these few people are likely to find Christ.

Q2. (2 Corinthians 4:3-4) Since Satan has blinded people's eyes to the truth, is there any hope for them?

Each unfaithful person has an opportunity to get to know Christ during his/her lifetime. So there is hope till they come to pass. But as Christian, we also have an opportunity to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with these lost souls. If we don't do our part, satan will definitely get them to his side.

What strategies must we use to overcome spiritual blindness? We need to intercede with prayer and just spend valuable time with them in learning about God with them and praying for them and have them pray for themselves at times.

And let God do His part too.

How many people are likely to find Christ without intercessory prayer? None. When they are alive, this is an opportunity for them to come to know Christ personally and allow his Word to sink in them. When they are called by God, no more chance.

As long as they have breath of life in them there is hope. We use prayer and letting God use us as He desires to win them to Christ. Their unbelief is deliberate. They have sin in there lives and don't want to believe. The god of this age is able to blind their eyes to the light of the glorious gospel of Christ.

I don't know how many people are likely to find Christ without intercessory prayer however I do know that our God cares about us and hears our prayers and WE NEED TO PRAY. He does answer if we ask according to His will and He desires that all be saved and that none perish.

God Bless!

Jen

Romans 15:13

I need your prayers and I am sure many of you need mine. May we be faithful to pray for each other.

There is always hope, as long as they do not blaspheme the Holy Spirit.

Our work in bringing people to Jesus begins with prayer for ourself to say the right things and to love them with God's love. Only the Holy Spirit working through us and the Word will break down the spiritual barrier that the unbeliever has erected. Our strength is in using "the Sword of the Spirit" to open the heart of the unbeliever.

The Bible does not talk about "intercessory prayer" bringing anyone to salvation. The prayer we make is for the Holy Spirt to work through us and the Word to bring understanding to the unbeliever.

There is always hope for the lost or why would Christians have a mission from God to spread the gospel? Christians must pray and intercede for the lost and be open to divine appointments to spread the good news of Christ. It is always in God's timing and not ours that results will happen. We must always be in prayer with God and be a team with Him for results; without intercessory prayer, it won't happen.

Since Satan has blinded people’s eyes to the truth, is there any hope for them?

There is always hope for sinners. My eyes were once blinded, all I could see were my wants and desires. Nothing else was important me until I had an encounter with God one Sunday morning. I slept through the sermon, so adamant was I not to hear the Word but God woke me up and the words of the altar call stirred me. I responded but I wanted to remain blind until I understood that my obedience to God was a measure of my love for God and so I allowed God to open my eyes so that I can see and He sees and go where He is sending me. So yes there is hope. I have unsaved family whom I love very much but they are blinded. There is hope for them too.

Prayer is essential. Preaching the Word as well. Maybe we can take the church service into the community and pray with the members of the community. Most importantly we must live the gospel. People may refuse to go to church or may leave the area when the church visits but they cannot ignore the radiance that is reflected when you live a life sold out to Christ.

I do not know the answer to this question but I know that I was prayed for generally and specifically. I believe that it is our duty to pray for the unsaved. If we know unsaved people we should call them by name as well. In that way we will do our part to increase the Kingdom of God.