JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. The Judgment Seat of Christ

Q4. (2 Corinthians 5:10-11a) How does Paul’s mention of the Judgment Seat of Christ fit the context here? How should our belief that we Christians will appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ to be judged for our works affect (1) our desire to please him? (2) Our motivation to persuade people to receive Christ?

• 2 months later...

How does Paul’s mention of the Judgment Seat of Christ fit the context here? No one is exempt, we must all come before the Judgment Seat of Christ. The only difference is believers who have received Salvation and unbelievers.

How should our belief that we Christians will appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ to be judged for our works affect (1) our desire to please him? Strive to please him while on earth as it is at this time, our works will be rewarded.

(2) Our motivation to persuade people to receive Christ? Prevent them from entering the lake of fire. It is similar to a known traffic jam; we call others whom we know are traveling the same path and warn them to detour/repent.

Q4. (2 Corinthians 5:10-11a) How does Paul’s mention of the Judgment Seat of Christ fit the context here? How should our belief that we Christians will appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ to be judged for our works affect (1) our desire to please him? (2) Our motivation to persuade people to receive Christ?

Paul, talking about the judgment seat of Christ here is a reminder of who we serve and why. We are to remember no one is exempt from the judgment seat. Us included, we all have sinned and fall short. The difference for us, is we know the blood of Christ will pronounce us not guilty, so we won't perish, and there are rewards to be given out and we desire not only eternal rewards, but the affirmation of " Well done good and faithful servant.".

The question is, what motivates us? When we are saved, there should be a profound sense of thankfulness. If we really grasp being saved from eternal death, then we will be grateful. We then serve not to follow a bunch of rules, or to get the most perks, but out of love. We come to love Jesus. Our desire then is to serve Him, be like Him, love Him in return. Our motivation for others is to desire THEY know His love too! We know unbelievers are destined to death and that their only hope is in Jesus, so the motivation should be for them to know Christ....because we know He is who they need and without Him....they will die. We know from our own experience, that their lives can be changed and it's a wonderful thing to know God and desire to see them walk in more truth because the truth is amazing and good! My greatest joy is to see others start to walk in faith....and my greatest frustration and sadness is when they refuse and walk only by what they see, getting sucked into worldly systems taking care of themselves and trusting in all the things that aren't trustworthy.

Jesus is trustworthy. I know I want to know Him more and I want others to know Him and trust Him and give Him a chance. They won't be disappointed!

We will all be judged one day and appear before God. Those who have not been saved--to hell--no chance of salvation then.... (which is where the importance of evangelizing comes in. We are all commanded to evangelize...I am learning & trying to grow.....)

Believers' judgement takes place to judge our works--whatever is done on earth--God knows.

Obviously we need to choose to please God each minute, each hour, each day--it does matter what we choose to do.

Again, we need to ask God for a burden & love for the lost. Just walking around the supermarket, God laid on my heart each individual--that they were lost & heading toward hell. I needed to obey God and share the good news with them. It's hard--but harder yet to disobey God & realize that I don't care enough about others to send out the lifeline.........

We will all be judged one day and appear before God. Those who have not been saved--to hell--no chance of salvation then.... (which is where the importance of evangelizing comes in. We are all commanded to evangelize...I am learning & trying to grow.....)

Believers' judgement takes place to judge our works--whatever is done on earth--God knows.

Obviously we need to choose to please God each minute, each hour, each day--it does matter what we choose to do.

Again, we need to ask God for a burden & love for the lost. Just walking around the supermarket, God laid on my heart each individual--that they were lost & heading toward hell. I needed to obey God and share the good news with them. It's hard--but harder yet to disobey God & realize that I don't care enough about others to send out the lifeline.........

Q4. (2 Corinthians 5:10-11a)

How does Paul’s mention of the Judgment Seat of Christ fit the context here?

How should our belief that we Christians will appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ to be judged for our works affect (1) our desire to please him? (2) Our motivation to persuade people to receive Christ?

Whether in the body or out of it, our goal is to please and serve our Lord Jesus, and the Judgment Seat of Christ will reveal what we have done. It is not the loss of salvation which is the issue – for our salvation is secure and cannot be lost. How faithfully we have used our time, and how well we have pursued opportunities, and how single-minded we have been in our Christian service, is at stake. We are not saved by good works but for good works. Paul reminds us that we have been saved not for a life of aimlessness or indifference but for a life of service. A healthy fear of the Judgment should be motive enough for every believer.

For we must all stand before Christ to be judged. We will each receive whatever we deserve for the good or evil we have done in our bodies. It is because we know this solemn fear of the Lord that we work so hard to persuade others. Gof knows we are sincere, and I hope you know this, too.

Q4. (2 Corinthians 5:10-11a) How does Paul’s mention of the Judgment Seat of Christ fit the context here?

Paul is telling us that living by faith (rather than by worthless works of the flesh) produces the rewards we will receive at the White Throne Judgment. (Believers are not appointed to the wrath awaiting those who reject Jesus, His Gift to all.)

How should our belief that we Christians will appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ to be judged for our works affect (1) our desire to please him?

The benefit is two fold...by serving Him in love and obedience to whatever He calls us to do on a daily basis, pleases Him and reaps a later reward for our obedience at the White Throne judgment. I want to hear "Well done good and faithful servant! I asked the Lord when I learned as a young believer that my life would be sifted as to wood, hay and stubble, or precious "jewels" which withstand the fires of testing, to do whatever is necessary in my life to insure that I won't come to Him "empty handed". I want my life to have eternal value.

(2) Our motivation to persuade people to receive Christ?

My motivation is that I don't want anyone to go to hell. I can't bear to think of anyone stuck in hell forever because they never heard how to have a relationship with our beautiful, wonderful Savior! I don't want to miss any opportunity to share Him! I'm so grateful to those who planted seeds and watered them in my life and ultimately invited and kept inviting me to a Bible Study where I could learn and grow in Him.

Q4. (2 Corinthians 5:10-11a) How does Paul’s mention of the Judgment Seat of Christ fit the context here?

We as Christians shall be judged as well however our judgment is not regarding eternal salvation. Our judgment will be as it relates to rewards for faithful service. All of our works and things that we have said will be examined but praise be to God that our eternal salvation was determined because we surrendered our lives unto Christ. By grace through faith we are saved. It is unfortunate however that some were conducting what they thought were good works but not in the will of God (Matthew 7:21-29) and that some maybe lukewarm (Revelation 3:14-22) my prayer is that as many as will repent and turn unto the Lord.

How should our belief that we Christians will appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ to be judged for our works affect (1) our desire to please him?

It should directly affect our desire to please Him, however because we live in the world sometimes we allow the influences of the world to influence our decision making. It's sad to say but it is true. Sometimes people in a church repeatedly perform sinful acts; sometimes they walk in the bondage of unforgiveness because someone in the church has hurt them (I recent listen to a radio ministry, a wellness ministry speak on the 1000's of people they minister to that experienced physical violence in a church / churches.) There are more things that I could say however more sorrowful than what I have said is that the perpetrators, most of them have not repented.

As we know of something occurring against God's Will we should seek His guidance on what course of action to take. Be it something atrocious happening in a church, or behavior as it witness to others.

Believing that we as Christians will appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ to be judged for our works how should it affect our motivation to persuade people to receive Christ. We as Christian should be doing so because it is commissioned for us to do so. We should not be lead to do so fearing failing will cause us to miss out. We should do so more in the lines as Christ did, He did so as being in the Will of the Father, He did so out of compassion and not compulsion. Our motivation should mirror that of Christ, He was active, He was obedient. Every person that He witness to did not recieve Him. Just as the Spirit drew people then, the Spirit draws today, we are to be willing vessels. Our being reflective light or salt is one measure that God uses to motivate people to receive Christ.

Q4. (2 Corinthians 5:10-11a) How does Paul’s mention of the Judgment Seat of Christ fit the context here? How should our belief that we Christians will appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ to be judged for our works affect (1) our desire to please him? (2) Our motivation to persuade people to receive Christ? LOVE is the key,yes JAMES says Faith without WORKS is dead but if the work we do is not done in LOVE then it will not STAND...ONLY what we do for CHRIST in LOVE will STAND...1 Corinthians 13 Paul eloquently sums it up FAITH,HOPE,LOVE the greatest of these 3 is LOVE,what ever we do as non-believers or Christians if not done in LOVE will not STAND the test of the Judgement Seat and will be burned along with everything else...GOD BLESS

We will all appear before the Judgement seat of Christ. As believers it will be for rewards and as non believers it will be for eternal judgement.

I cannot imagine the terror for those who don't know Him. It will be terror. So I ask God to grant me the grace to live ina way that is pleasing to Him in an effort to win those who don't know Him not for rewards for me because it will be of His grace given but for those poor souls in that terrible place before the Holy and Just God of the universe.

God Bless!

Jen

Romans 6:24-26

We need to pray for each other.

Paul said that we can't loss sight that we are accountable to God,

We too will be before God on judgement day but not for our salvation

in our judgement it will be for our rewards.

We are to please God just like we please our parent. We should be

delightful when we please our father.

We should have the right motivation to ask someone about salvation

because we are not to judge no one,when we are talking to someone

God will let us know when we are to ask someone about salvation.

Q4. (2 Corinthians 5:10-11a) How does Paul’s mention of the Judgment Seat of Christ fit the context here? Even though we have been saved, redeemed, we are still answerable to God for the things we have done, or have not done here on earth. We are assured of heaven thru Jesus but must stand judgement.

How should our belief that we Christians will appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ to be judged for our works affect (1) our desire to please him? We want to do what is right in the sight of God, because He is all seeing and will be judging us some day. We really want Him to be able to call us His good and faithful servants. Knowing I must face Him will keep me remaining in His path.

(2) Our motivation to persuade people to receive Christ? I can hardly stand to think of others not knowing God, facing eternity in the firey lake. God wants everyone to be with Him.

The Judgement Seat of Christ for believers will be for our works not for our salvation because Christ covered our sins for us.

God will be handing out our rewards on that day for what good things we did in His name! AND because we will be facing Him for this honor, this is all the more reason that we have to do as much as we can in His Name on Earth. It's like when we were little kids trying to please our parents. It's the same thing. I want God to be happy with me and proud of me and I want to do my best with the life that He had given me to do what I can to be the best that I can be. And I want God to bring me people who want to know Christ and I will share my story with them! It's His job to do that and it's my job to share my story!

Q4. (2 Corinthians 5:10-11a) How does Paul's mention of the Judgment Seat of Christ fit the context here?

For every actions, thoughts, and words we ever did, God knows about it and these will be accounted against us on that day when we will be judged by GOD himself. And by accepting Christ as our personal Savior and Redeemer, all things will be erased, since Christ has paid for our sins: paid in full....

All people in the world have a day of reconing. The day which we will be all judged by our LORD CHRIST himself. And if we believe and have faith in Christ, we will each receive our rewards according to what we sow while we are still alive.

(2) Our motivation to persuade people to receive Christ? Be Christ-like. We should be very happy about serving the LORD CHRIST, after-all, He created us and give us the live that we think it is our own.

Answer:

1.How does Paul’s mention of the Judgment Seat of Christ fit the context here?

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad

I am struggling with this..for it seems that Apostle Paul is referring that All of us would be judge again when we appear before Jesus in Heaven...

But I think Apostle Paul is referring that ALL CHRISTIAN BELIEVER who upon salvation must admit and receive the free gift of Salvation at the judgment seat,to what Jesus has done in the cross,and no matter how bad he has done,to his body due to false belief before being save...IS TOTALLY FORGIVEN.

2.How should our belief that we Christians will appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ to be judged for our works affect (1) our desire to please him? (2) Our motivation to persuade people to receive Christ?

if, I will be doing the things in obedience because of fear..that Jesus will judge my work..if I do it,or do something to please Him,then I think It profits me nothing,and voided the Grace of God,but has gone back to the Law..

There is no fear in me..for His perfect Love cast away all my fears(1 John 4:18- There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. )

...because I know my God loves me,and if I don't receive any rewards in Heaven due to good works...it is ok..to be with my Lord is more than enough with me.

Q4. (2 Corinthians 5:10-11a)

How does Paul's mention of the Judgment Seat of Christ fit the context here?

Paul's mention of the Judgment Seat of Christ fits the context here in that, on the last day, the Lord will sit of the Judgment Seat to judge each person according to his or her deeds and receive reward for that.

(1) Our belief that we Christians will appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ to be judged for our works would affect our desire to please him by konowing that, our judgment on the last daywill not be for salvation. Our judgment there will be for rewards that we will receive for faithful service.

(2) Our belief that we Christians will appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ to be judged for our works would affect our motivation to persuade people to receive Christ by having the fear of knowing the type of verdict for those who do not know Christ; unfortunately such people include some of our relatives, friends and neighbours. As we love them, we should be concerned of their destiny and therefore the need to persuade them to turn to God.

Prior to these verses Paul was talking about our home in the body and our home in the Lord. He was convinced that when he died he would be present with the Lord. Actually, it seems as though Paul was eager for the time to come when he would be absent from his body and present with the Lord. What he said though is that regardless of where we are in the body or with the Lord our goal is to please God and then he gave the reason why this should be our primary goal; because we must all face the judgment seat of Christ. I think he is trying to bring home to his audience that there is no escaping, all must give an account so we should live to please God in all things.

Second to love, this should serve as our motivation to please God. Knowing that we have to give an account to God should guide us daily as we make various decisions.

We should already be motivated to do this from our obedience to the great Commission and because our the love of Christ that dwells in us. Love that wants all to be saved. However, this knowledge of the judgment seat should motivate us even more to tell our loved ones and those we come into contact with about Jesus because we know that there is no escape and if they do not accept Jesus, their fate is eternity in hell. We should also be motivated because we know that we will have to give an account for the lives that we allowed to go without presenting them with the gospel of truth.

We Christians will stand before the judgement seat of Christ to be judged for our works, we will get rewards or for some a telling off.

This should motivate us more to please him, it should remind us of the seriousness of our calling, there are people all around us that don't know Christ and are on their way to hell, if we don't tell them the gospel.

Q. (2 Corinthians 5:10-11a) How does Paul's mention of the Judgment Seat of Christ fit the context here?

It fits in with all of Paul's teaching, Christ, Israel's Passover calls believers to keep the feast of Passover by putting aside the old leaven that we use to walk in, the reason being is that one day ALL people will appear before the judgment seat of Christ, and we do not want to stand before the Lord at the bema seat of judgment in terror, knowing full well, there are no rewards for those whose works produce things that are bad, evil.

We are called to walk in "faith", righteousness, and we can put aside the old leaven because we have the Ernest, the promise of Christ that He will write on the heart of those who believe in the Messiah, the laws of His Father, therefore, our desire is now to put on holiness, be a light to the world, a sweet sacrifice up to God that brings to the believer great rewards.

How should our belief that we Christians will appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ to be judged for our works affect (1) our desire to please him? (2) Our motivation to persuade people to receive Christ?

(1) Our belief as the remnant of true believers, is no longer that of pleasing self, that of walking in the flesh, sin, our hearts have been changed, our desire now is that of pleasing God by keeping God's laws, this is why we walk in "faith", that of righteousness, we are called to be a light to the lost world, that they will see the earnest that lives in us.

(2) The way we can persuade people to believe in Israel's Messiah is by being a living testimony of the glory of the Cross; there is no one who can persuade people to receive the Messiah, which is by the calling of the Holy Spirit.

ETERNAL LIFE IS A FREE GIFT GIVEN ON THE BASIS OF GODS GRACE, BUT WE ALL WILL BE JUDGED BY CHRIST.

THIS JUDGEMENT WILL REWARD US FOR HOW WE HAVE LIVED.

GOD GIFT DO NOT EXEMPT US FROM BEING OBEDIENT TO GOD. ALL CHRISTIANS MUST GIVE AN ACCOUNT FOR HOW THEY LIVED THEIR LIFE. OUR REWARD IS HOW WE HAVE LIVED THIS LIFE .

How does Paul’s mention of the Judgment Seat of Christ fit the context here? How should our belief that we Christians will appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ to be judged for our works affect (1) our desire to please him? (2) Our motivation to persuade people to receive Christ?

1) Paul's mention of the Judgment Seat of Christ fit the context because it reminds us that we are accountable to God. We will still have to appear before the Judgment Seat not for salvation but to receive our rewards, whether good or bad.

2) We should always be aiming to please God. Life is not about us but God. We should be looking forward for our reward for our faithful service.

3) Because we know the fear of the Lord we are to persuade others because our conviction, God's love for us, understanding that Christ died for us and a love for sinners ourselves.

As Paul instructs believers to walk by faith and not by sight, the mention of the Judgment Seat of Christ definitely fits the context. This judgment of believers is an assured part of the unseen reality of heaven and eternity. It is an event that can only be understood with a mind renewed and transformed by the Word through the Holy Spirit.

Knowing that I will appear before this Bēma seat of judgment should affect everything about my perspective on life. All that I do here on earth (in the body) will be examined for intent and motive. Nothing I’ve done will be of eternal value if it was not motivated by my love for Christ that inspires me to submit to the Holy Spirit in order to please the Father. Romans 12:1 says that I’ve already been made acceptable to God by His compassionate mercies, but I am accountable to living in accordance with that favored status by presenting my body and life as an ongoing living sacrifice to Him. That is what pleases God, as I cooperate with the Spirit and live by faith. As I’m transformed into the image of Christ, I will see as God sees, love as God loves, desire what God desires. This will include a different vision of people who are unsaved and a burdened heart for their souls.