JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Firstborn from the Dead

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4. What assurance do you have that you will be physically resurrected rather than experience disembodied immortality? What does it mean that Jesus is the "firstfruits" (1 Corinthians 15:20) and "firstborn" (Revelation 1:5) from the dead?

My assurnace is the promise God had made by resurecting His Son Jesus. Because Jesus was the first to be raised from the dead from Gods promise He has made a way for us. Without Him we wpould no be able to raise again in the fleash and meet in heaven.

My assurnace is the promise God had made by resurecting His Son Jesus. Because Jesus was the first to be raised from the dead from Gods promise He has made a way for us. Without Him we wpould no be able to raise again in the fleash and meet in heaven.

Q4. What assurance do you have that you will be physically resurrected rather than experience disembodied immortality? What does it mean that Jesus is the "firstfruits" (1 Corinthians 15:20) and "firstborn" (Revelation 1:5) from the dead?

Firstfruits were the first part of the harvest that faithful Jews brought to the temple as an offering ( Leviticus 23: 10ff ) A lthough Christ was not the first to rise from the dead ( He raised Lazarus and others) He was the first to never die again. He is the forerunner for us. The proof of our eventual resurrection to eternal life. He is the firstfruits.

Others had risen from the dead--- people whom the prophets, Jesus and the apostles had brought back to life during their ministeries-- but later those people died again. Jesus was the first who rose from the dead in an imperishable body never to die again. He is the firstborn from the dead

I have the assurance of eternal life with Jesus, because He said so in His Word. He is there preparing a place for us.

He is the firstborn--the first to travel the same road with Him. He came to earth to show us how to live & to trust in God & promised us to be with Him for eternity. He defeated death so we can also defeat death!

We have the assurance of our faith if Christ rose from the dead as He said He would and is at the Father's right hand then we will rise again to be with Him as He assured us we would be. We will have a physical body in some aspect because Christ had a body, He ate walked and prepared food for the disciples so we too will have the same kind of body.

The first fruits means that Christ was the start of many to come, He was the orginal of all who will rise after Him to new life in the heavenlies. The frist of many breathern as Paul stated. He said that He went to prepare a place for us meaning everone who choses to follow in His footsteps and seek to be like Him in obedience to the Father.

The first was significant of more to come.

Jesus retained a body for which was tested by thomas as he doubted and needed proof.

Jesus ate fter his resurrection and even states that he would not eat of the fruit of the vine untill the marriage feast of the lamb.Just as Jesus paved the way for men to live on earth he has also prepared a way for us in eternity.

He said in my fathers house are many mansion and i go to prepare a [place for you).

his example is our example and his promise our promise as we move from servants to freinds and sons of God.

"All os creation groan whit anticipation at the revelation of the son's of God.

We are promised that we died to our life and our lives are now hidden in Christ. He is our life, and when He appears, we will appear with Him and be presented to the father. To believe this, is to know we will have bodies to appear with and be presented with. We will be resurrected as Christ was, and He was recognized in His body by those who loved Him. Jesus was the very first to be risen to life from actual death, making Him "firstborn"- and He's given us the reason to make Him our "firstfruits" of our day, and our lives.

Jesus promised that as He was so would we be resurrected. As He was bodily resurrected so too will we be.

The firstfruits are the best of the first fruits offered to Yahweh each harvest season. Jesus is the best and the first of the resurrected.

The firstborn of the dead is again, he who was crucified and died a bodily death and rose again, the first of all of those who believe.

I have been baptized in Christ, He made the trial run, so to speak, being resurrected first. I have the promise that God will do the same for me.

Jesus was the first of the "fallen asleep" to be raised and He is God's One and Only Son, that was the first to be resurrected from the dead.

The scripture promises a physical resurrection for the believer who will be in the presence of Jesus, the Christ. Jesus, as fully human as well as fully divine, is the 1st one to be alive for ever and ever. Lazurus and Jairus' daughter were brought back to life from death, but they did not have the glorified body as Christ did upon his resurrection. Also, they both died, finally. However the promise of everlasting life is for them as with all believers in Christ. The promis that Jesus is the 'firstfruits' and the 'firstborn' indicates that more are to follow... that's us folks!

As it is written in scriptures and Jesus' own resurrection is the proof, "By his power God raised the Lord from the dead, and he will raise us also." 1Corth. 6:14

Jesus' resurrection from the dead was the first, for he was the first to be born from death, the first fruit of those who have "fallen asleep", and he will live forever and ever. His resurrection is our hope and promise of a eternal life with him, a bodily resurrection from the dead like Christ' own resurrection from the dead. For death shall no longer keep us, for we shall be resurrected into eternal life with Christ Jesus forever.

The wonderful quality of God is; HIS WORD IS HIS BOND, there is no need for a written contract or a court of law to force compliance to a promise which God has made. I just love what he told Moses, "I AM who I AM, Just tell them I AM sent you." I can trust that, no false promise, no made up stroies, just I AM who I AM and that is enough for me.

Call me stupid but I have copied that philosophy in my business; no written contract, I simply state to my customers, "If you don't like it when I am finished, tell me what you want fixed or don't pay me."

I have been a painter for 16 years now, and have painted many new houses. The one thing I have noticed is that every new home built has people living in it. Jesus said I need to go, to prepare a place for you in my Father's house. I don't think the New Heaven and the new earth and our Father's house are going to be left empty, do you?

With nothing but God's grace we are born to this world (For he knew us before we were born) with nothing but God's grace we are born to the next and we know Him better because of his Son.

1 Corinthians 1:17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel--not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power. 18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate." 20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. (NIV)

Darrell

I signed up to go wherever Jesus is, to be like Jesus is, to become all that Jesus co-created me to be. I intend to let Him plant me in His presence where we can all enjoy one another forever. I hope to see you there. B)

[/

Jesus was raised from the dead and walked around in a glorified body. Jesus said that He took the keys to death hell and the grave. Death and the grave will not have any power over us because Jesus has gone before us to make the way plain. He is our example in every way. He also said that Greater things than these shall ye do because I go to the father. The same power He had we have. I dont believe that power stops with death.

He is the first fruits because He was the first to be resurrected. the first born to be raised from the dead. first fruits and first born have always had first priority throughout the Bible. Jesus is the way maker

The assurance I have about bodily ressurection is based on the scriptures which tell us that the dead will rise firsft at the second coming of the Lord and those still alive will be lifted up bodily too to meet the Lord in the clouds. Since Jesus rose bodily we will also rise bodily. He is the fisrt to rise bodily and never died again, thus the term the fisrt born.

Christ's resurrectionis my asurance that I too will experience a spiritual resurrection. Christ's resurrection is the focus of our own hope for eternal life.

Jesus' resurrection from the dead led the way as the first to experience rebirth and opened up the way for the rest of us.

I have the assurance of God promise. That I will be resurrected and be in the presence of Jesus, to live forever.

Jesus was the first to be rised from the dead and never to die again, He is now sitting at the right hand with God His Father.

The reason I can have the assurance that I will be physically resurrected someday, is that God's Word says so.

"By His power God raised the Lord (Jesus) from the dead, and He will raise us also." (1st Cor 6:14)

The Bible is crystal clear that Christ's resurrection is the precursor of our own resurrection in the last days.

"First fruits" and 'first born" from the dead, basically mean the same thing. Christ's resurrection from the dead was the first,

but it was not to be the last. By rising from the dead, He opened the way for all believers to be resurrected some day.

I look forward to the day when I will receive my new physical body, and I can live forever on the new earth with Jesus.

Spending eternity with just a spirit form isn't very appealing.

Jesus Christ ... the firstborn from the dead (Rev 1:5) guarantees the believer's future bodily resurrection through His own resurrection (I Cor. 15:20&23).

Jesus is the proto-type, the first, of those God will bodily/physically resurrect from the dead.

Jesus' resurrection is the assurance I have that I will be physically resurrected rather than experience disembodied immortality. Jesus' resurrection is the promise of our own that God who raised Jesus from the dead will also raise me with Jesus.

That Jesus is the "firstfruits" (1 Corinthians 15:20) and "firstborn" (Revelation 1:5) from the dead means that Jesus' resurrection from the dead is the first, but it is not the last. The rest of us will be physically resurrected like done to Jesus and will have eternal life together with him in God's presence.

The bodily resurrection of Christ is the center of the Christian faith. Because Christ rose from the dead, as He promised, we know that what He said is true and that He is God. The resurrection affirms the truthfulness of Jesus' life and words. The resurrection confirms Jesus' unuque authority to say, I am the resurrection and life.

I do believe in Jesus and I believe His word is True.