JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Stewards vs. Independent Entrepreneurs

Q3. When we are successful, to whom does the fruit of our labors belong? In what sense are we independent entrepreneurs? In what sense are we stewards of the gifts and "talents" given us? How does the attitude of a self-made person differ from the attitude of a steward?

Answer:

1. When we are successful, to whom does the fruit of our labors belong?

It belongs to JESUS,who become poor so that we can be rich:

2 Corinthians 8:9- For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

2.In what sense are we independent entrepreneurs?

We become independent entrepreneurs,if we own and take credit all the blessings and success that God has given us,as though it is our natural ability that enable us to be prosperous.

3. In what sense are we stewards of the gifts and "talents" given us?

By becoming a blessings to other..for God has provided us extra,so that we can share to others who is lacking.

Genesis 12:2 (New International Version)

"I will make you into a great nation

and I will bless you;

I will make your name great,

and you will be a blessing.

Galatians 3:29

And if you are Christ

Q3. When we are successful, to whom does the fruit of our labors belong?

The fruit of our labors belong to our Heavenly Father for without Him we would not be equipped nor able to complete or do anything successful.

In what sense are we independent entrepreneurs?

We are entrepreneurs because we should be using the talents and gifts to increase and build upon what our Heavenly Father has already placed inside of us.

In what sense are we stewards of the gifts and "talents" given us?

We are stewards because we should be responsible caretakers of God's gifts bestowed upon us.

How does the attitude of a self-made person differ from the attitude of a steward?

A self made person would most likely have a more prideful attitude than a person who is a steward. The steward understands that he has been given temporary responsibility and must return what has been given to him - if possible in better shape than was loaned to him. The self-made has the attitude that is their hardword and labor that their riches were made and they don't have to return or share any of their successes with anyone, except whom they willfully choose to do so.

Personally, when I succeed, I attribute the success to the Almighty God and then to any other contributor to the success.

We are independent intrepreneurs because God has given us his resources eg talents but expects us to work hard, committed and with the right conduct and attitude to achieve the expected results.

We are however stewards because everything including our drive, effort, character etc that help us to succeed, all come from God.

When we are successful,the fruit of our labors belong to the Lord.

We are independant entrepreneuers in the sense that we all have different spiritual gifts,talents,and abilities that God has given us.

We are stewards of the gifts and "talents" given us in the sense that they aren't really ours. God has entrusted them to us in order that we may do the ministry He has called us to do,while we are on this earth.

The way the attitude of a self-made person differs from the attitude of a steward is that they believe the fruits of their success is for them to enjoy.

Q3. When we are successful, to whom does the fruit of our labors belong? In what sense are we independent entrepreneurs? In what sense are we stewards of the gifts and

• 3 weeks later...

Q3. When we are successful, to whom does the fruit of our labors belong? God

In what sense are we independent entrepreneurs? We really aren't we are entrusted with talents and are to use our talents to glorify God and not ourselves.

In what sense are we stewards of the gifts and

• 2 weeks later...

3a)The fruit of our successful labours,belongs to God. God has given us the resources to succeed in his timing,& equipped those who may have prepared the "ground" before we started through their actions. The Holy Spirit at work enables success of our labours to happen. We are indebted to God & others responding to him. smile.gif B)God has given us freewill to make choices.We are independent entrepreneurs when we invest God's resources wisely, so that it will bring the best "return" of growth for the kingdom. cool.gif C)We are warned not to do nothing e.g."burying" talent, we need to practise,develop,nuture & use gifts God gives us wisely.From this God may see that we can be trusted with gifts he's given &he may trust us with more for his kingdom.In this way we are faithful stewards. D)A self-made person is one who thinks that financial rewards/gifts are for him to do what he/she wants for self. As opposed to a steward who humbly serves others, gives all the glory to God,& uses the resources to reach others for Him.biggrin.gif

Q3. When we are successful, to whom does the fruit of our labors belong? In what sense are we independent entrepreneurs? In what sense are we stewards of the gifts and "talents" given us? How does the attitude of a self-made person differ from the attitude of a steward?

The fruit of our labour belongs to God who enables us. God allows us to take the fruits and give tenth to those who do His work. We seem to be independent since we decide what to do with what we harvest at our convenience. We are driven by the talents God gave to us in whatever we do. That's why we even take different positions in spreading the Word of God. A self-made person accounts what he getsw to himself. A seward accounts what he gets as belonging to the master.

• 1 month later...

TO GOD

WE ARE NOT , HE HAS GIVEN US A GIFT AND WE USE IT WITH HIS HELP [C]WE ARE STEWARD OF GOD HE GIVEN US THE GIFT AND THE TALENT TO USE ACCORDING TO HIS WORD [D] THEIR IS NO SUCH THING SELF MADE MAN, GOD MADE US ALL.. ONLY THEY THINK THAT.

SELF MADE MAN THINKS HE CAN DO EVERYTHING BY HIMSELF STEWARD KNOWS HE CAN DO EVERYTHING WITH THE HELP FROM GOD

• 3 months later...

Q3. When we are successful, to whom does the fruit of our labors belong?

The fruit of labour belongs to God who makes us to succeed.

I think only in the sense that, in order to succeed, we have the choice on how we use the talents/gifts we are given by God.

In the sense that, the gifts and talents which contribute to our success we receive them from God.

How does the attitude of a self-made person differ from the attitude of a steward?

Differs in that, the self-made person sees the fruit of his/her success as his/hers to enjoy and wants to take glory to him/herself; but the steward understands that everythong belongs to God and when there is success, glory should be given to God.

• 1 month later...

Q3. When we are successful, to whom does the fruit of our labors belong? In what sense are we independent entrepreneurs? In what sense are we stewards of the gifts and �talents� given us? How does the attitude of a self-made person differ from the attitude of a steward?

1) The fruit of our labors belong to God. He deserves the glory.

2) We are independent entrepreneurs in the sense that we have the freedom to make decisions on how we will use our talents. However, God has made us stewards over what he has given us, not owners.

3) We are stewards of the gifts and talents given us to use as we wish. But, we are to use them wisely in order to serve God completely in whatever we do.

4) The attitude of a self-made person is that he/she looks at their success as something that they did on their own and for them to enjoy. The steward's attitude is one that recognizes that it is God who has given them resources for their success and give him the glory.

• 9 months later...

When we are successful, to whom does the fruit of our labors belong?

GOD

We work to please our loving Father. We earn heavenly rewards and even these belong to God. We gain eternal life

God entrusted us with our talents. It is up to us to develop and apply them

A steward will never stop serving his Master while a self made person focus on himself

• 4 months later...

The ability to labor and the resources available for our labor come from God, so the credit for any successes/fruits of our labor belong to Him as well. God maintains ownership of everything, even as He “loans out” what we need or He desires to give. So no talent and gift we have is truly our own, and we’re responsible to Him for what we do with them and how we use them. He is the Owner, we are managers. A “self-made” person has no understanding of that accountability. We are independent entrepreneurs in the sense that God provides and then sets us off with the freedom to follow His lead and guidance - or not. Sometimes that leadership is direct and sometimes is more of a general thing as we operate according to His principles instead of clear dictates.

• 7 months later...

Our success is because of God and the fruits belong to Him.  We are independent entrepreneurs if we go off on our own without God and even then, it is His resources that we use (Psalm 24:1).  We are stewards in the sense that we first acknowledge that nothing belongs to us, everything belongs to God, and we use the gifts and talents the way He wants us to use them, and give Him the credit, honor, and glory.  

• 11 months later...

All things come from God.  All glory is His for our successes.  We are independent entrepreneurs in the sense God gives us free choice to choose our paths. God has bestowed certain talents on us.  It is up to us to use them for Him.  A self made person always says "I did it".  A steward knows and says it comes from God.

• 1 year later...

When we are successful, to whom does the fruit of our labors belong?  Our lesson material lists three: "no one ever succeeds by himself or herself; it is God who has given us the resources that contribute to success; and we are stewards of what God has given."

1 Co 3:6 "I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase."

In what sense are we independent entrepreneurs?  The Parable of the Talents makes this point: which of the three am I?  Will I take what I have been given and make an increase, or will I dig a hole and bury it?  Just how much will I risk for the Kingdom?

In what sense are we stewards of the gifts and "talents" given us?  "We do not suddenly become owners of God's resources when success comes.  We are still stewards, servants, slaves of the Most High God.  We must never take the glory to ourselves" (Lesson Material).

My father use to tell me that the more we own, the more responsibility and time it takes.

How does the attitude of a self-made person differ from the attitude of a steward?  I think that one (self-made) is proud and often arrogant, while the other (steward) is humble.  The self-made person has failed to completely dethrone himself/herself and enthrone the Lord.  The self-made person just cannot see himself/herself a slave in subjection to "the Most High God."  He/she wants/ has to have some of the "glory."  When success comes, the self-made person has trouble dealing with it, while the steward knows who the Owner is.

I don't think this comes easy.  For me, it takes a day-by-day walk following the Lord.

For me, it comes down to which of the three (Parable of the Talents) am I, and which attitude (self-made/steward) do I have?