JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Wrap Up Question

Pastor Ralph

I believe that we need to remember that the church is not here for us to just get together and pat each other on the back. Our reason for being here is to worship our Lord, and go tell others about Him. We get too comfortable in our own little world but we need to get out and bring others to the Lord.

I appreciate this study.

Joan

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, Pastor Ralph, I want to thank you for your tireless efforts is sharing the truths of God's Word in a meaningful and edifying way. May He bless you for using your unique gift for that purpose.

Second, knowing that God has established three institutions on earth, the family, civil government and the local church, He has reiterated through the "Vision for the Church" Bible Study that the Church, the body of Christ composed of men and women who have accepted His gift of salvation and are called by God to serve Him, has been commissioned by Him to carry out His purpose of reaching the lost and perfecting or maturing believers. His plan for me as a believer is best fulfilled in connection with my local congretation. I will continue to support my local church in its efforts to build and teach God's Word to believers, provide fellowship with other believers, encourage prayer, give testimony of God's grace and power on a daily basis, help minister to the needs of the body, reach out to my community, and glorify and praise Him.

Thanks again, for this study. I'm anxious to get started with the Revelation series.

Debbie

This study was a confirmation to me of the power and love for his children that God has for us. He is omnipetint and knows what is best for His creation. We need to do His will for the love of our God and for our own good!

Thanks for the study.

Grateful and learning. :)

Thank you for this Bible study. It is good to be reminded that we are the body of Christ, and we are not without power. I loved the part about Satan being under our feet. We have to remember that Jesus Christ has ultimate power, and we, as His body, are representative of Him. NOthing can defeat the church, no matter how hard "it" tries.

Dear Dr. Wilson,

Your studies are excellent, & our group is still using your study on Luke. I have printed the one on the Church, but haven't read it yet. I'm saving it for when we need to use it. May the Lord continue to use you to bless your readers & give fine Biblical input into their lives.

Sincerely,

Pat Fischer

As a young Christian, the study has helped me to reinforce my understanding of the meaning of the church with Christ as the head of the church. It is also good to remember that we are the body of Christ and that we are not without power. His plan for me as a believer must have been to help me and my family get through some difficult and tragic situations not too long ago. We saw how strangers for various churches rally around us to help us through. Even our non-believer relatives and friends were touched by the love, care and concern shown to us by these Christian brothers and sisters.

What convictions has God formed in you through this "Vision for the Church" Bible Study that will make a difference on how you think about, value, and act toward your own local congregation? Towards the greater Church around the world?

The church is the body of Christ that is His arms, His feet, His mouth in this present world. The body must work in unity as one to work now because the "night cometh when no man can work." We are all commissioned to go into all the world and preach the gospel. Our world must start right where we are. The Word of God clearly commands that assemble together to gain strength and be edified. That is the reason for the body, that we can use the gifts that the Holy Spirit has bestowed on us for the benefit of the rest of the body.

To forsake the church is deny the Rock of our Salvation on which the church is built. The church is God's instrument of blessing, teaching and fellowship. Every child of God has a responsibility to do his/her part as a member of the body until we see Jesus and truly become one in Him.

• 4 weeks later...

I fear that my replies may give the impression that I am being unnecessarily controversial, but the studies and questions have helped me to think through my own beliefs and to clarify them. For this I am most grateful and for the work that has been put into the studies. I suppose I am not ecumenical in the sense of the World Council of Churches for example, but I recognise the truth that we are all one in Christ Jesus - with the emphasis on "in Christ Jesus" and this conditions true unity in the spiritual sense and as fulfilling the prayer of Christ in John 17. Thank you Pastor, and my apologies if I have not conformed to your own thinking.

• 1 month later...

:P In this study, I learn how to see the church as Jesus does. Previously, I enjoyed the life in church because I was happy and comfortable and had a good relationship with other christians . But now, I deeply realize that church is the body of Christ. We all have a mission to build up the church. I learn to love it as Jesus does and let others know. In my local congregation, I try to love others more, to be humble and patience and cooperate with others to build up the body of Christ. In the future, I hope to see spiritual growing in my church and everyone would love God as He loves us.

God Bless,

Jolly.

I have gained some deep and meaningful insights to this study. I thank you for taking the time to find the original languages, the history, and the humble attitude in which you gathered your information and gave it to the world.

I look upon my congregation now with the attitude of "what can I do to make this church better? What can I do to be a part of the structure, and help to make it a more functioning church as a beacon to the community.

I no longer look on in criticism, but instead see that in order for the church to grow, I must be a part of that growth.

I was raised as someone who did not believe in healing or tongues (ok, it was even hard for me to write that!) Yet I know that the church today must be ready to face the enemy and that spiritual gifts are available to all who seek them. Even those that I may not understand (yet), or may not agree with. I believe that the scriptures state for the equipping of the saints He gave some as apostles (even today), prophets (even today), evangelists, pastors and teachers. So in essence, I am saying this study helped me to see beyond my own thinking and stretch my belief system.

• 2 months later...

Convictions God has formed in me through this Bible study that have made a difference on how I think about, value and act toward my own local congregation are that noone is perfect, to not get discouraged when not asked to help in a ministry, to care about everyonr in the church, and not to judge people because it is not my place to do so. These sentiments are pretty much the same towards the greater Church around the world with the exception that I pray for the wisdom of its leaders to show the love of Christ and not to push people away that are seeking God.

• 2 months later...

I want to thank you Pastor Ralph for this Bible study I have enjoyed it greatly. It has given me a deeper love for the family of God the Church and the sense of responsibility for the flock,as a deacon it has given me a more careing ,earnest and,prayerful concern for "Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace."

• 3 weeks later...

From Denise, England

I received so much from doing this study. In fact I am still working on it, slowly, due to college and nursing commitments. The thing that has gripped me is the list of attributes in lesson 3. Ephesians 4v2 speaks of humility, gentleness, longsuffering, patience and love. I have come to realise that Jesus wants to see these active in me rather than me looking for them in everyone else. Verse 3 speaks of 'keeping the unity'. 'Keeping' or 'maintaining' means that God has already created the church in unity. We don't have to make it, simply maintain it. I realise that we too often try and work at something in our own power which God, in His power has already provided. My prayer now is that He will build these attributes in me so that I can love others with His love and not mine. Thank you so very much for this study. I will continue in it for a while because I have received so much already and I think Jesus loves His church and wants to see us loving and living in His Way instead of our own way.

• 3 weeks later...

The long and the short of this question for me is that I caught a vision of a resplendant and beautiful bride, walking the earth as Christ did, going about doing good, humbly accepting ignorance and persecution, but bringing good news, hope, healing, jubilation to all who will give ear.. This church has branches in every part of the nations, affecting the operation of everything from government to schools to daily life and love - not by control and manipulation, but by demonstration of Truth in the power of LOVE. Sounds a bit much, but our nation of Australia had Biblical foundations for its legal system and to that extent we are developing a vision to revive that Biblical foundation for our land, as well as reaching out to others.

On an individual basis we will serve both mentors and weaker Christians with great love and joy in the power of Christ (Truth) and keep the vision that Jesus had (that we, the church, should do even greater works that He) alive and flourishing on the strength of first love quality.

This study did a great deal for me, and I thank you Pastor Ralph, very much.

I selected this study because my church is in a rut and my pastor is trying to emphasize spiritual growth as individuals, and collectively, as a church. Although there are wonderful, loving Christians in my congregation, as a whole they don't appear to be growing in unity or service. There is a definate lack of commitment and purpose in reaching others for Christ that my pastor is trying to address. I feel the apathy when I enter the doors and talk to the people. They don't believe that they have the ability to reach out and touch those around them for Christ. Paul could have written his letter to the Ephesians to my church. I see the love for Christ in my church, but some of the areas in the study that really caught my attention was that "You battle against the spiritual forces of evil [/u]" and "As we believe God's promises, we have just begun to see his greatness evidenced in our midst." There is a small group of people at church who are very focused on being "the full expression of Christ on earth" but I want it to sink in that we can grab hold of God's awesome, immeasurable power. This is what I want to take back to my church and this is my prayer for my church family. Pastor Ralph, your study has given me a renewed sense of direction and joy that through the power of Christ and his Spirit, we may find our way.

• 5 weeks later...

What convictions has God formed in you through this "Vision for the Church" Bible Study that will make a difference on how you think about, value, and act toward your own local congregation? Towards the greater Church around the world?

We are the Bride of Christ and contrary to popular belief, the

• 1 month later...

Thank you Pastor Ralph for this study.

This study has made me aware of the power that GOD has given the church that few of us ever use. I also learned that each believer must use the gifts that GOD has given so that the body of Christ might be built up to what He wants it to be. I am learning to love fellow believers as they are and not as I think they should be.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been reminded again that we are but one small part, (or as the Bible says, organ) of the body & it's only as we permit the Lord to fit us together & use us as a whole unit, (body) to work for Him that His will is accomplished & His work is done. I especially liked the way one of the students expressed it: "The strength of the Lord is magnified in the UNITY of His people working together! That strength will never be within an individual--it takes the BODY and its many members working together!"

I greatly enjoyed the time spent studying these passages in Ephesians with you Pastor Ralph & the other students on the forum & look forward to doing so another time, soon. :)

Again, thanks, & we'll continue to pray the Lord will bless you as you lead other Bible Studies & us as we apply what we have learned to win others to Christ & to deciple them.

• 2 weeks later...

I am new to the prophetic way of thinking and wanted to learn all I could on the power of the church today and thus gain a vision of what God intended for the church to be. The church today is not all God intended it to be and we have dropped the ball-so to speak. I enjoyed the lession on "Power in the Church" but the others left me as unteresting as our "spirit"-God living in us has been presented to me in other places that spoke to my spirit.

But I am happy that you also see the power of the church as a potential we are not using because we are living so much in a "disconnect"with God. It is not wacky thinking.

stephanie macallister

• 1 month later...

lydiamcrury@sasktel.net[God has given me the vision of keeping open to new ideas in the church as long as it pretains to His worship and that not of idols. I am sure that this study has helped me in being able to try and see if we here at St. george's Anglican Church in Prince Albert, Sask. Canada can come up with a vision to change the set values of materialism and to put our values in the releams of God. Hoping to keep united in the faith of one God, one Father and one Son who didst give his life for all, not just for certain people, but to all of mankind. We need to remove the politics from our churches in order to come to a full sense of the word a congergation of God and not that of man.

May God Bless All that have a vision for their church.

Edited by lydiamcrury@sasktel.net

• 1 month later...

What lesson has meant the most....well, that would be easy given the last year at our church. It was lesson #3, UNITY. Since loosing our pastor a year ago and going through a church split as a result, this has been a very trying year. Not just because of the pain of seeing those I loved so much leave angry, but because those of us left behind struggled with what to do and where to go. Near the first of the year, we were at each others throats. Instead of pulling together, the trauma of the split nearly tore us apart. Much love, great forgiveness, and constant prayer by many of the remaining members has allowed us to really begin the healing process, seek forgiveness with each other, and begin to pull together. There is still a long way to go, but the lessons from this passage ha already began to be a heartbeat of our church. For a long time to come, having gone through this last year, the lessons we hav learned, and the truths of this passage will ring true for all of us.

• 2 weeks later...

My conviction is as follows.

The world thinks many things about the church, and the church thinks many things about itself.

However, the way that God thinks of the church is quite different from either one of those. I am convicted that the vision that God has of the church should be what I strive to have. This vision in some cases is so much removed from my "reality" that God will have to do "beyond what I can ask or imagine" in order to give me the vision that He has.

However, I am convincted to seek after this vision, to let the scriptural truths really drive home in my life to the point that I am actually a functioning member of the body of Christ.

Hi,

My name is Allison I just joined the Revelation study but I did not find any recent post on that forum so I thought I would just jump in here and introduce myself...

I have been reading through the Bible ...Prasie the Lord and am going through Revelation and boy did that take me through a loop... Sometimes I understand it and sometimes I am just boogled.... :blink:

I can not wait until some understanding and a more hunger for the book of Revelation...

If any of you wants to reply ...Go ahead

In Christ,

Allison Marie