JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Wrap Up Question

Pastor Ralph

The course has encourage me to tell persons of what God expects and has done for the Church. My church at this time going through a change I find that we want to see God's power at work amoung us, we want to get closer to God, love for each other is increasing ,our fellowship has improved prayer has increased, worship seem to have gone to an other level. So the study has also help me to appreciate what is happening in our congregation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What convictions has God formed in you through this "Vision for the Church" Bible Study that will make a difference on how you think about, value, and act toward your own local congregation? Towards the greater Church around the world?

This Bible study has really helped me to establish some of my casual believe about Faith in an unseen God. I now believe with the whole of my hearth that God is and is the rewarder of them that deligently seek Him.This has greatly affected the way i interact with people all arround me and the way i love them.Because i could Love people with the Love of God.

I also believe that God does not want anyone to perish but that all should come to the saving knowledge of His dear Son.I can now express God`s love to everyone both in my local church and at work.

Thanks.

Olayemi Olusegun.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What convictions has God formed in you through this "Vision for the Church" Bible Study that will make a difference on how you think about, value, and act toward your own local congregation? Towards the greater Church around the world?

The five week study on "Vision for the Church" has more than ever before reaffirmed my conviction that in Christ we are one. That it is in His will that we should love each other as He loved us even unto death. We should remian holy and submit to His will.

nusi

I was really convicted on how we are all one in the body. I've always thought so individually and I really think in some ways I was beginning to despise the Church itself for individual problems in the Church. I see it in a much more unified way now and not only with each other, but with God. If I fight or critisize or pull away I am in essence treating God that way and as a small part of a greater part, that effects everyone. I now have a much more "us" view instead of a "me" view. I can trust God more too, because if I understand myself as alone, I understand myself as helpless or hopeless, but if I understand myself as a part of Him.... well that's different altogether! If I understand myself as a part of even my local congregation, then I have others to stand with and if I understand myself as a part of the world wide capital " C" Church....then that's one big family! So there is security in Him there too!

I know the Holy Spirit is really doing a mighty work in all this! Other Christians are really starting to open to me too! I've actually been astounded with it the last two weeks. They have been " God happenings!" It's nice to be a part of a good church family and to know God says I do have my part in it and to know nothing can ever change that! He's for me! I'm a part of Him! God has always said that to me in my most desperate alone times. "You're a part of me." but I didn't understand it!

When I was first saved at an altar call I sang:

Lord prepare me to be a sanctuary, pure and holy, tried and true. With thanksgiving, I'll be a living sanctuary for you! I never, ever knew or thought of all He would show me in that!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! PRAISE GOD!

• 4 months later...

Thank you for this study, it has challenged our house group to check our attitude to church and the all too 'human' people within it. We are the bride of Christ - part of his body. We've been encouraged to see our congregation as God sees us - loved and accepted, and been challenged to realise that God is our focus and vision. We need to see the bigger picture.

This has been a really solid Bible study that has challenged us to go deeper into God's Word. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Trying again...... I am a Bible teacher myself and I appreciated the study. It was refreshing to study more of the same beliefs I have regarding the Church. The Holy Spirit just continues to confirm his work in our lives.

• 1 month later...

Unity is one of the greatest keys to the church. Knowing what the goal is and working together to see that goal achieved. The ultimate goal for any church is to see the lost be saved, and to see Jesus Christ glorified. If Christ is not the main focus of the church you are in then you are in the wrong church. Its all about HIM - not at all about me. We must learn to prefer others greater than ourselves. We must also learn to look for opportunities to spread the gospel to the entire world!

Being legalistic and judgemental is not the way to do it. We must do it in love. We must be sensitive to the needs and feelings of others.

• 1 month later...

I have been so under atack that I havent been able to read any of it. I would just like to say that IF the Church of Christ is alive today then where are YOU, because there are alot of children that belon to God our Father that are in alot of paine and thay are suffering so bad that thay can berly wake up the nexd, I know this because I ame one of them who suffer, at the moment I have two cuts on my hands, when I show them to people thay think Jesus. All I ask is for prayer from the Church of Christ.

I am sorry..... corey

• 8 months later...

The major conviction that God has formed in me through this study is patience with my congregation. A greater commitment to individual ministry. As a Pastor I desire to see quick spiritual growth and a strong commitment to service in the church by each individual Christian in my church. However, God has pointed out to me that patience and love is the key. Each member is on their own individual walk, overcoming individual obstacles in their spiritual growth and that I should be sensitive to that. So I am tailoring a ministry to each person in my congregation. All are different and this is causing me to grow and be more creative in my approach as a Pastor. It is causing me to be more empathic to others and creative in placing them in a meaningful ministry and I am getting to know each of them much better and more indepthly. Each individual Christian is valuable and important to the church. Each has unique gifts and talents from God to be used in building up the Church. So, I need to cultivate each individual to bring the best out of them in love and patience. That is what God has laid on my heart.:)

The local and greater Church around the world should be praying for and supporting each other. My church should be concerned with what is happening to the Church in Kenya, in China, in England, etc. We are all one body regardless of denomination or race!!

• 3 weeks later...

This 'Bible Study Vision for the Church' was an instrument to increase my knowledge and opened my eyes regarding the power Jesus Christ gave for us who believe in Him ( the Church). And regardless of what denomination or local congregation we belong, and what race we belong, we are united as one body of Jesus Christ living our lives worthy of the calling we have received and doing our ministry in order to glorify God alone.

Thankyou for this Bible Study because it serves to remind me and warned me not to judge my fellow believers in Christ in my own local congregation and my fellow believers in Christ around the world.

• 4 weeks later...

This Bible Study has tied right in with the previous Sunday School lessons that we have had....Summoned to Repentance/be Humble/Labor, etc. Although I did not participate until late in the study, foremost in my mind is always my responsibility as a Christian to others and to God. One concern for myself in the past has been my own judgemental attitude towards others not only in the church but also in other arenas. How has this affected my ability to witness? I shared with my Sunday School class how sad I would be to get to heaven and find that none of my family was there, some of my church family was not there, some of my friends and coworkers were not there....Why? Because I "played undercover Christian" or because it was more important to be liked by everyone than to be truthful....lovingly truthful....and be alienated from them? Am I missing the mark? Maybe I need to remove the "beam" in my own eye before I try to remove the speck of dust in my neighbor's eye. There is more to studying God's Word.....practice is the action of being a Christian/Christlike. I have work to do....personal work to do. But first to steal a cliche', I need to "Let go and let God." By that I mean truly allow God to use me to do His Will...reliquish the "controls." And while God is still working on me, I wll continue to labor in His vineyard because the idea of "rocks cry out" is something akin to a horror movie.

It made me look at/evaluate myself but I think that to get the full impact, I need to adjust my schedule and do the entire study. Continue to pray for my time management skills.

• 4 months later...

This Bible study has reminded me that God is in control of the Church, her destiny and her people. The body does have freedom of choice but we are chosen which puts us in a secure place that those outside of the Church will never have.

No matter if we are in relationship with our own family, local community or our global neighbors we are commanded to love them as Christ would with all our heart, soul and mind; my mission/commission is the same. The equality of love will help guide me as God would have me witness, testify and live before others.

I can't quite yet wrap my head around all the goodness of this study yet I know that my heart has been softened and my understanding deepened concerning what the Word says about my place within His will. And He is coming back to receive and judge and raise up this Church!

The bible study on Ephesians has prompted me to be a better member of the body. As an elder I feel the importance of stressing unity by encouraging everyone else to work as one. I can also say that I see myself more as another part and can work harder at keeping myself in my place that is, humbling my thoughts of me.

It is now a prayer that as a church we recognize ourselves as a part of the whole, casting aside all thoughts of what other denominations agree or diagree with in terms of doctrine. The only way to defeat the enemy is together.

• 1 month later...

Unity is one thing that I have belived in for a long time. I did fell guilty for not going to church so I have started going again. I had been putting it off till I found a group that I felt belived just as I did, the perfect church. Satan was useing this to keep me from going to church and if I waited until I found the prefect church I would never go.

• 4 months later...

What an encouraging strengthening study! Thankyou Pastor Ralph!

I feel empowered moreso now after the study and am concvinced of my position in Christ Jesus, where I am called, and the importance and urgency of faithfulness to a Father who remains faithful to us! That we are His children and we are called to serve!

Thanks! God bless ! All! Happy New Year!

2009 THE YEAR TO REFINE !

Hallelujia!

• 5 months later...

Thank you, dear Pastor for the work you have done to grow us sheep. I love the book of Ephesians. It is our 'warfare' direction

and encouragement. The Church is our Father's 'body' on earth. When we see that, we can realize that our enemy is not stupid;

he will do anything to divide and weaken the Church to make her ineffective. Our Father said that the 'gates of hell shall not

prevail against' us; therefore, we need to realize our unity, our power, our purpose and our responsibility to do the work He has

called us to do....to go into all the world and give the gospel (Good News) and make disciples. That is reproducing ourselves in

His purposes for us, His Bride.

I do not know of any Christians that are not being 'tested' and 'tried' for this work. We should wake up and realize our enemy

is God's enemy and Father has given us all we need to live godly lives here. Let's put on the 'armor' He has bought and paid for

which is Christ Himself; put on Him and we will be fit for the battle. He has also given us His joy. He has already won so we can

rejoice. Keep looking to Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith. BTW, a 'conviction' is something we should be willing to die

for, otherwise, it is just an 'idea' that sounds good.

• 4 months later...

My church has been working on transformation and struggling with some issues. The reason I chose this study was because we are searching for the vision God has for this faith community. We know He has a plan for us and have been involved in Season of Prayer groups to work through the reason we are declining. This study has strengthened my belief that we will be shown our vision and purpose. Together we are looking outside the church "structure" to be ready for the missiion He has for us. I will be revisiting this Bible Study often for insight and strength.

• 1 year later...

Thank you Pastor Ralph for this timely and powerful study in Ephesians.

I am looking forward to reviewing it again. I love the church and am

so grateful that God has called me to be a part of what he is doing in

growing the church in his image. My vision is to be transformed by his

word, to love others as he loves and to pray diligently for souls to be

saved for his glory! God's promise to us as the body of Christ is that

he will build the church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against

her. His promise is my passion, to invite others to know him.

• 9 months later...

Dear Pastor Ralph,

Thank you for the great exposition about the church vision.

The great things that I learn is to remind me that church is His body on earth, that is the reason why we must continue His work while He is already in Heaven.

As for the congregation, I learn that the role of the chirch to equip them to serve God is very important, that will strengthen the church's vision.

• 1 month later...

:rolleyes: Dr. Ralph Wilson. thank you for a challenging study about Jesus' church. As I was not able to complete the study, I still gained much insight into the direction the church must go. Last October, I was once again called on to preach until we are able to call another preacher to be with us, so I have started to preach through the "Letters of Paul" starting with Galatians. I started the Book of Ephesians in January 2012. The study of "the vision of the church" has inspired me to put forth a vision in the Neighborhood Church of Christ where I am now preaching.

So on January 29, 2012, I am presenting what I feel, through prayer, a vision of what our congregation can do in 6 months time. It has to do with the physical -building - and the spiritual. I have had many great teachers in my life from you, Dr. Wilson back to the days of Bible College, and my outlook on the Church world wide is optimistic, because I know who is in charge and what God is going to do with Jesus' church. How firmly I now believe that the church is only spiritual has come in degrees and it has been difficult to get others to fully understand that Christians are the church and not that building down the street.

The "church" is healthy, spiritually, because of the grace and mercy of God. And I feel that we continually want to put God on our level of doing things, when He can do anything. I worry about problems in my congregation, until I remember, "It's Jesus' church". And where do I stop praising God for His great mercy upon me, "OF little faith", and to move on to more trust in Him who has created us to glorify Him.

Thanks again, Dr. Ralph Wilson, for the lessons I have taken. I will join a study again when I am not so busy.

• 2 years later...

For me it has been reinforcement of being intentional as possible without being legalistic about making disciples who focus on God's Great Commission fueled by His Great Commandment.  This boils down to being so infused with God's Word that it is the topic of conversation to spur others on to faith and good works in the unity of the Spirit.  In our individualized, isolation prone society with cell phones that elicit contact without actually sitting down and talking, I must be increasingly intentional about personal relationships that mirror what Ephesians says about the church and family.  Reading the insights has been beneficial.  Thanks to all. Pastor "g"

This five week study has been teaching me that the word "church" has both a local and a broad perspective. On the local perspective, we see how the local congregations minister to each other in the equipping of the saints. In this local, we focus on the area(s) in which we live , work, play, go to school and so forth. Our reaching out is in the nearby establishments.

On the broad perspective we see the church as a whole body of believers called to be the light of the world in unity together.

Thus, this series has been beneficial in it's teachings.

Thank you very much!

• 1 year later...

I now have a better understanding of how the Church makes up the body of Christ. And, I realize that my current church has a lot of room for learning and understanding in relation to how the congregation should function. I feel that it is my responsibility, as a warrior of God, to reach out & guide those who are not serving their Christian duties. Through true doctrine and the action of love, I believe my congregation can grow in Christ. As the ole cliche goes, "when you know better, do better." I know we have been blessed with different talents and that's what makes us special but if those talents are not used to build the Church, no matter where you are or who you are, the work is vain. We "all" are a part of Christ, and if the church performs in this matter all around the world, what a wonderful world it would be. It doesn't matter our methods (such as worshipping on sat. or sun.), as long as we have the same outcome...building the body of Christ, worshipping Him and giving Him the praises, being about our Father's business such as helping one another to grow in Christ, helping those in need, making decisions in our daily lives while putting Christ first, we are working to build His kingdom.

I've enjoyed reading everyone's post. I thank Dr. Wilson for the lesson. May ALL be blessed and Happy Holiday. And, let us not forget, "Jesus is the reason for the season."

• 2 years later...

This study reinforced in me that God’s church is made up of many members who are in various forms of spiritual growth. As member of the local body of Christ, it is up to each one of us spur each other on to further spiritual growth so that we are ever equipping other to join in the ministry of reconciliation. Despite its many issues inherent of fallible man, we are still the body of Christ called to function in unity in spreading the gospel message to those who have yet received the Lord as their Savior.  Thank you for so much insight that caused me to think through some things about church in a logical progression.