JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Worship

Q2. These chapters contain many insights into worship that have been adopted by the Christian Church. What do you learn about Christian worship from chapters 4 and 5? Don't miss the basics. Your list might include 20 elements and concepts of worship -- or more.

Answer:

I learn about Christian Worship from chapter 4 & 5:

1.Worship with Awe,in his Glory and Splendor

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. These chapters contain many insights into worship that have been adopted by the Christian Church. What do you learn about Christian worship from chapters 4 and 5? Don't miss the basics. Your list might include 20 elements and concepts of worship -- or more.

I hate redundency, but I'm afraid all the great insights have been listed before mine.

Absolute Freedom and Joy in the Worship of the ONE who is most high.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I won't break it down into specifics as that has been well done by others on the forum, but the word that comes to my mind is "absolute".

These passages portray an absolute worship experience by all those in the assembly of heaven, by those from the earth, from all of creation, from greatest to the least that God is`supreme and the Lamb is worthy. There is not one claim for anyone or anything except what is laid at the Lambs feet that all is from Him, in Him, through Him and for Him. Utter humbleness and face down worship for God. He is worthy, He is sovereign, He is deserving of all praise. No question.

Sometimes here on Earth, I can lose myself in the experience of singing praises to God before the throne, but here, doing this study, I ponder on what it will be like in Heaven before His throne. Are there human words to express it in all it's glory? I don't think so.

• 2 months later...

Worship occurs up there - in heaven

The Object of our worship is seated on a throne

The Object of our worship is splendid in appearance

The throne is surrounded by a green rainbow

The throne is surrounded by the thrones of twenty-four elders

Thw twenty-four elders are clothed in white robes and golden crowns

Lightnings, thunders, and voices proceed from the throne

Seven lamps of fire burn before the throne

The throne sits on a sea of glass

The throne is surrounded by four living creatures

The four living creatures sing worship praises day and night

The twenty-four elders fall down before the throne and worships Him

The One who sits on the throne has a scroll in His right hand

One of the elders declares that there is One worthy to open the scroll

Jesus takes the scroll from the One seated on the throne

All three persons of the Trinity are all worthy of, and should receive our worship. While we worship here on earth, an even greater worship service is going on in heaven. The object of or worship is located in heaven. We join heavenly worshipers when we worship. Worship there is unceasing, as it should be, as it always will be. Great music can be great worship, and is pleasing to God.

• 2 years later...

There are many elements and concepts about worship in Revelation chapter four and five. "In heaven, in the spirit, on the throne, Lamb of God, Spirit of God, praise, glory, honor to the slain Lamb, He is worthy, worship Him, redeemed us, prayer, singing, power, He lives, He reigns forever, white robes and gold crowns on their heads. The power of Christ going to be the perfect sacrifice shows all the love and obedience He has for God the father. The only begotten of the Father. It shows of the beauty of heaven and how worthy is the Son.

• 3 weeks later...

There are many symbols and insights into our worship in Chapters 4 and 5. Our chairs on the chancel, we usually have 3. They surround the "throne" or the pulpit. 7 lamps represent in worship represent the candles on the Lord's Table. They are before the pulpit. Singing. Kneeling at the altar. Stained glass windows, the Bible on the Lord's Table, saying Amen during the service, when coming into the service we are "in the spirit", sea of glass could be the path from one's seat to the altar to kneel, full of eyes nothing escapes the Father in the servce, he knows your heart. The 7 spirits, the Holy Spirit is always in the Worship Service. Music, benedictions, doxology, call to worship. These are a few of the concepts that I found in these two chapters.

• 2 weeks later...

Insights into worship taken from Revelations chapters 4 and 5 include: 

The Throne room was spirit-filled -- our lives and worship should be Holy Spirit-filled.

God, on His throne, was in the center-- God should be in the center our lives and personal worship.

There was constant praise and worship going on as there should be in our lives.

Glory, honor and thanks were given to God.  Something we should be doing everyday.

The twenty-four elders laid their crowns down before God.  We should be laying our lives down before God.

The acknowledgment that God is creator.

Sorrow and sadness over the unworthiness of humanity before God.

The joy, delight, and thanksgiving the Jesus Christ is worthy and is the Savior of all humanity.  Especially those who believe.

Holding bowls of incense representing the prayers of the saints.

Singing hymns and songs to God the Father and Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.

Acknowledging the worthiness of Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God to receive power, and wealth and wisdom and strength. 

Falling down before God and worshipping Him.

• 2 weeks later...

Our Spirits long to be "Home" in Heaven. We grow weary as we continue on what seems this long journey of life. We see so much strive here......We will not see that when we have reached our Spirit's longed for destination. For me, personally, I love the new song that asks "What will I do? Will I sing Allelujah? Will I be able to sing at all?" It is the best thought anyone could have.......where God wipes away all our tears. I think the "elements" of worship here are important to note not only because they are what we will see in Heaven but it helps us "bring Home to our Spirits"......If you will, "a piece of Heaven ie Home in our Spirit....." by the way we worship......One thing I find particularly interesting in the beginning of these verses is the mention of the "Door". Having been a Hospice Nurse, I've so very often heard people talk about the "door".....Then, one person said, "I can't get the door open..." and she was struggling so in her body....Finally, she was taken home. One thing I can not understand are the churches that say instruments are "not to be played". It is so clear in these verses that these instruments are indeed used to worship our Creator and the one who has given us a license to the door of heaven by Grace alone.

Our Spirits long to be "Home" in Heaven. We grow weary as we continue on what seems this long journey of life. We see so much strive here......We will not see that when we have reached our Spirit's longed for destination. For me, personally, I love the new song that asks "What will I do? Will I sing Allelujah? Will I be able to sing at all?" It is the best thought anyone could have.......where God wipes away all our tears. I think the "elements" of worship here are important to note not only because they are what we will see in Heaven but it helps us "bring Home to our Spirits"......If you will, "a piece of Heaven ie Home in our Spirit....." by the way we worship......One thing I find particularly interesting in the beginning of these verses is the mention of the "Door". Having been a Hospice Nurse, I've so very often heard people talk about the "door".....Then, one person said, "I can't get the door open..." and she was struggling so in her body....Finally, she was taken home. One thing I can not understand are the churches that say instruments are "not to be played". It is so clear in these verses that these instruments are indeed used to worship our Creator and the one who has given us a license to the door of heaven by Grace alone.

• 1 year later...

Praise God's holiness

We sing that God is worthy because He is the creator

Acknowledge that the Lamb is the Redeemer

Acknowledge that God is the Alpha and Omega

The use of incense

Redempton by the blood of Christ

Singing of new songs

Praise and Honor

• 5 months later...

The first thing is to "go through the open door"! To recognise who is inviting us and providing the door to enter, Christ Himself. To view almighty God, the Father Himself. To take in the holiness and awe. What the various things mean, fire, trasluscent, To allow ones eyes to take in , the rainbow, of His promise to us. The four living creatures capturing the whole of the created order, That super nature, angels are key here, but Earth is just as much part of the scene.

We join the elders and can

Sing

Prostrate ourselves

Take off our crowns and surrender.

Sing even new songs !!!

Wait in silence!!!!

• 10 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Christians will praise God for he sees all and knows all and never sleeps. We should have our minds stayed on him at all times.

He is the worthy one to open the book.

No need to weep; God is in control.

His Spirit fills you.

Fall down and worship for he is worthy

The root of David

Slain for our sins

Sing songs of worship

Redeemed us by his blood

Blessing, Honor, Glory, and Power

LIve for ever and ever