JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q5. Little Scroll

Pastor Ralph

Q5. (Rev 10:1-9)

What is bitter about what you've read in Revelation 6 through 10?

If bitter is to mean what is distressing to the mind then, are the afflictions that will be cast upon people. The suffering that will come upon many. Grief wells up and a sense of loss like a pre-mourning when I read, because, it was read with flowing tears knowing what will happen to people who will reject God. I think of my family and people I know and myself. Tears fall as I read in Luke where Jesus looks over Jerusalem and weeps. What more can anyone do, nothing? It is done, or will be. After the tears I was just filled with extreme sadness. We can witness and tell others but not all will make it. It will be horrifying days.

What is sweet?

No more evil and wickedness! New Jerusalem will be sweet, so is the promise of its coming through the Word. We will live life as intended for us to be. We will be transformed into holiness and perfection, into the image God created us in. There will be no more pain, hurts, suffering, tears in our lives. We will know and live daily life with God and Jesus in fullness and for all time forever, eternity. We shall live in harmony and unity as it was intended for us to live. There will be peace and all fruits will abound in abundance.

Why do we tend to reject what is hard for us to understand?

1. Selfishness, not wanting to give up time it will take in order to understand.

2. Fear of the unknown.

3. Loss of control.

4. Scared to ask questions.

5. We do not listen or want to listen.

6. Other things may take priority over other needs; misaligned priorities.

7. Pain or hurts may be in the way, not being able to focus or concentrate on other things.

8. Handicaps may be in the way: learning - mental; physical - hearing/speaking.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q5. (Revelation 10:1-9) What is bitter about what you've read in Revelation 6 through 10?

Because of the loved ones that have rejected Jesus and are lost forever if they don't repent.

What is sweet?

Because of the Amazing Grace of our Heavenly Father, I will spend eternity with Him in Heaven.

We tend to reject what we don

• 3 weeks later...

The bitterness is the terrible wraths of God and what will befall mankind. It will be extremely hard to survive in those last days being a beleiver - many will suffer and die terrible deaths - but will have spiritual protection for thier souls. Non-beleivers will suffer the full wrath. It is sweetness to have the closeness to God, to have His word and know what our future holds, how to be on the winning side, and the greatest sweetness of all is God's Grace for Redemtion. Its hard for us to change - its much easier to go along in the same old rut doing the same things day after day - we think surely, nothing bad will happen - we think of God as a God of Love and Forgiveness and find it hard to believe that he will not save everyone whether they are deserving or not. But they have had chance after chance and then another chance. God is fair, God is just - we all know what we must do to receive God's grace and redemtion.

• 3 months later...

Bitter: Gods total distruction, even though it is 1/3 of everything, and people refuse to repent. How sad to see all God can do and not accept him.

Sweet: The church is protected. All Who are believers will be safe.

I think we reject the hard stuff because it's easier to ignore it then to deal with it.

• 1 month later...
Q5. (Rev 10:1-9) What is bitter about what you've read in Revelation 6 through 10? What is sweet? Why do we tend to reject what is hard for us to understand?

The only thing bitter about Revelation that I observe is the unbeliever's killing eachother, and the destruction that will come upon them for rejecting Christ. God hates sin and the evil heart.

Unbeliever's point at God and say look at how terrible He is, without even seeing how they themselves are the one's who brought it on by following the lusts of there own flesh, and persecuting those who are all about love and forgiveness to the highest degree in Christ.

They would rather believe some lie that brings them some temporary pleasure in the flesh, that does nothing but ultimately hurt them and those around them, rather than believe there is pleasure in giving up the lusts of the flesh and live according to Gods standards.

God is a high like no other high could possibly come close to, and He doesn't leave you in the dust in the morning, but He continues to Live in us as we Live in Him, for His glory, in which He glorifies Himself in Us. Yes Amen!!! And nobody get's hurt in any kind of way.

And they will fight it all the way to hell, just because they don't feel like trusting God, and living righteously in one accord with Gods' children. They don't feel like taking the time to hear and or read the word of God, because that would be doing something constructive, and also because God is against those against Him. They don't want to be humble. Go figure.

An overall observation I noticed in Rev 6 - 10 is that the Seals and the Horses all come from one the other, and all have the attributes of Christ Himself in everyway, and the Trumpets and Angels as well. They all are describing what Jesus said that He would do Himself. (I see) God doesn't need anybody or anything else to do what He has said, but uses the metaphor's so that we can understand because our minds are so small, and we tend to attach understanding to that which we can see. So He show's us all about Him. To God be the Power, Glory, & Honor, for ever Amen!!! :DThis observation does not in anyway cancel out any part of The Word of God.

• 1 month later...

Isaiah 34:4 And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll: and all their host shall fall down, as the leaf falleth off from the vine, and as a falling fig from the fig tree. The sweet is having your name in the book.

John had been taken to the (this) earth age. He had been shown what was going to happen in the latter days. The generation of the Fig Tree, (WE) are the generation of the Fig Tree, When Israel became a Nation again in 1948, that marked the generation that would be here to see the comming of the Anti-Christ, (pretending to be the Real Jesus Christ), sitting in Jerusalem deceiving and telling lies to anyone who will worship him. John, also saw how the children of Cain (the Kenites) the BAD FIGS, will be working to cause as much discontent as they can. (Jeremiah) 24:3 Then said the LORD unto me, What seest thou, Jeremiah? And I said, Figs; the good figs, very good; and the evil, very evil, that cannot be eaten, they are so evil. They (the kenites) ,already have control of the (four) hidden dynasties Political, Education, Finance, and Religion. John, saw what was going to happen when Michael kicks Satan and his Fallen Angels down here on earth, to steal as many Souls as they can, from the true Christ. The Seven Thunders means that it's all over, there's nothing else for him to write. When you eat the whole book of God's words, you too will taste the bitterness. You will see how many people are going to fall for Satan's lies, He comes on the 6th seal, the 6th vial, and the 6th trump. His number is 666. There will be no marks on the forehead, and no marks in the hands. The mark will be in your brain if you worship him. And the mark in your hand, will be the work you do for him, if you worship him.

If you are God's Elect and you have ears to hear, and eyes to see. Then you'll understand what Jesus is talking about whenhe,warns us in (Mark) 13.4 when his three deciples ask him.

(4) Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign when all these things shall be fulfilled?

(5) And Jesus answering them gegan to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you:

(6) For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. ( Have you listened to the preachers and teachers on TV, in the churches, on the streets, Preaching the Rapture theory? Thke word rapture is not even in the Bible.)

(7)And when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, be ye not troubled: for such things must needs be; but the end shall not be yet. (all we are hearing right now is peace. peace, and yet there are still wars.

(8) For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrrows. (the famine is for hearing the word of God, chapter by chapter, verse by verse, line by line. Is this what wer'e hearing from our so called preachers and teachers today?)

(9) But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them. If you are one of God's elect, and you don't worship the beast, your family, and maybe some of your friends, are going to Satan and ask him to forgive you for not believing in him.)

(10) Now the brother shall betray the brother, to death (Satan is death) and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death. (go before Satan himself)

(11) But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought before hand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speake ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.

(See what Joel the prophet spoke of in Joel chapter 2:28) Jesus is telling us not to worry about what to say to Satan when we are delivered up to him (satan). the Holy Spirit will be speaking through us, just like on the day of pentecost,( Acts chapter 2.)

(12) Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, (satan) and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death. (Have you seen what has been dominating the the tv news today?

(13) And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. (Those of us who don't worship satan when comes.)

(14) But when ye shall see the abominaation of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains: (Jesus is telling us to go read what Daniel the prophet spoke of in (Daniel) Chapter 9.)

(15) And let him that is on the housetop not go down into the house, neither enter therein, to take any thing out of his house: (He's telling if we are on the housetop watching stay up there and watch, because you are not going to be flying out or being Raptured out of here. You need to stay up there and see all the people who are going to be deceived by satan and all his croanies).

(16) And let him that is in the field not turn back again for to take up his garment. (don't go to house to get any thing, your'e not going to be Raptured away.)

(17)But woe to them that are with child, and to them that give suck in these days! (Uh Oh, if you have been in bed with satan and are nursing his his child (religion, you are in trouble.)

(18) And pray ye that your flight be not in the winter. (When is harvest time? May through September, right?. We don't harverst anything during the winter, but if you are following satan you are harvesting in the winter!)

(19) For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be. (nothing like this has ever happened before, and if you don't have the Seal Of God in Your Forehead , you are going to see some real afflictions, when the (Trust Christ) returns.

(20)And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days. (Are you one of his Elect?. do you know how many days he has shortened this to? See Revelation 9:5, 9:10)

(21) And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not: (why? because it is satan, the dragon, the devil , Appollion, the serpent,the beast, ect;)

(22) For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect. (satan and his crew, the fallen angels, the kenites. the bad figs, are gong to be so good at deceiving people, if Jesus had not shortened the time the Elect would not have made.) Thank You Jesus for shortening the time!

(23) But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

I can undertstand the bitter sweet scroll, The bitter is being deceived by Satan and worshipping him. The sweet is standing fast to our Father's word, and running a Good race! Let's not be deceived by Satan, let's put our amour of gospel on and fight against the firey darts of satan!

• 3 months later...

Q5. (Revelation 10:1-9) What is bitter about what you've read in Revelation 6 through 10?

What is bitter is the pain and misery that will befall, has befallen, and is currently upon the churches who have perverted or rejected the word of God. Rejected God's new covenant with man.

What is sweet?

The fact that the new covenant is there for any who will accept and believe. On a personal note, I believe that we are told throughout this book that through communion with Jesus, and throught the liturgical practice which is prescribed throughout, we can experience heaven on earth. It doesn't get much sweeter than that. That is God's new covenant with man.

Man's ego continues to be strong. People tend to feel threatened when their not "in control" of anything, including knowledge. The practice towards humility and egolessness. In living the word of Christ, helps relieve this considerably, and keeps our minds, hearts and souls open to the word.

• 4 months later...

What's bitter, is the destruction of seas, fish, trees, people, etc....just because people won't repent. What is sweet, is that God has a purpose for doing all of this...when it's done, people will have everlasting life in the presence of God!!! Woo hoo!!

• 1 month later...

The bitter is the judgements that are to come to those that reject Jesus.

The sweet is the grace and love God is pouring out to those that beleive in Jesus and the eternity we will spend with Him.

I don't know why we tend to reject what we can't understand . I wish I did!

• 4 weeks later...

Q5. (Rev 10:1-9) What is bitter about what you've read in Revelation 6 through 10? What is sweet? Why do we tend to reject what is hard for us to understand?

What is bitter is that the Lord's heart is broken by those who do not repent and upon which He must inflict judgment. What is sweet is that He loves us all and that He guide those who believe, those who repent and that gives us "springs of water of life; and God will wipe every tear form their eyes." What could be more beautiful?

Why do tend to reject what is hard for us to understand - because we trust not in the Lord. We are called to walk in faith and when we do not walk in faith, it makes it hard for us to understand. We are not to lean upon our own understanding, when we do - life becomes difficult for us - because we are not walking in faith. If we are truly walking in faith, it doesn't matter if we understand, we know and trust God first and foremost and our desires are not to control Him, but to be in service to Him and trust that He is truly in charge.

If we reject, we are not walking in faith. If we feel we must understand, we have not surrendered and we do not trust the Lord above all things, nor do we love Him with all of our mind, heart, body and soul for if we HAVE to understand, we are loving ourselves and our life more than we love him. We are worshipping a false idol if feel we have to understand or when we lean on our understanding - we are outside of His love and He is not within us. He can't be, there is no place for him to lay his head if we are too full of ourselves.

• 3 months later...

REVELATION

Chapter 20

"The Day of the Lord"

Chapter 20 of the Book of Revelation covers the first days of the Millennium, when Jesus Christ comes to earth to establish His kingdom. This chapter runs close to the prophecies of Ezekiel in the last eight (8) chapters of the book of Ezekiel. "Millennium" means "1,000 years", and this period is basically a 1,000 years of teaching and learning.

Jesus Christ will be with us here on earth in His kingdom then. There will be teaching and discipline, and many people saved in this Millennium period. Most of the people saved today will not be reigning with Christ in the Millennium, because they will throw their inheritance away very soon, when they choose to go whoring after the Antichrist. These people are the ones who believe in the rapture theory. They will chase after the first messiah that appears on earth, and not be part of the wedding between Christ and His bride, the church at the sounding of the seventh trump.

Those who fall into the trap of the rapture theory doctrine can repent and be saved in the Millennium age, when their sins of following the Antichrist are committed in ignorance. You could even look at the Millennium kingdom as the "time of salvation", for many will accept and follow Christ in the Millennium. However the period of grace is for this age of the flesh only, for in the Millennium age salvation will be by their works only, as we will see in this chapter. Because of the great apostasy there will be more saved out of the Millennium, than during any other period of time.

Revelation 20:1 "And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand."

When Satan has completed his five month reign here on earth, the battles of Armageddon and Hamongog have already taken place. Jesus Christ is returning with His army to earth here, and this army is those saints that are already with Him. Those saints that died and went to be with Him as recorded in Ecclesiastes 12:7, for though their bodies were laid in the ground, their souls return instantly to the Father, and not though a rapture.

On that first day of the Millennium age, both the beast and the false prophet are destroyed. The beast is in two parts, the one world political system that gives way to Satan's one world religious system. These systems of support will not be brought back to support Satan at the end of the millennium. [see Revelation 19:20 where both of these are destroyed.]

I believe this angel to be Michael, for it's Michael and his angels that control Satan. This chain that Michael will have is a locking, sealing and confining device. Satan will be locked away, and his influence will be totally absent during this time of teaching.

This is why every knee, even the Kenites, will bow to Christ. Satan, their father, will be in the pit and can not influence their thinking.

"Revelation 20:2 "And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,"

"The dragon" was Satan's title in the world that was, and just as his title of "the Antichrist", or "instead of Christ" during the last five months of this earth age of the flesh. Dragon is the title he wears as he rules over the ten kings and seven regions or continents. [see Revelation 12 and 13]

The "serpent" was his roll in the Garden of Eden when he "wholly seduced" Eve, and she bore his offspring Cain, the father of the Kenites. The "Devil" was his title given in Matthew 13:39 as Jesus identified the enemy as the "Devil". Satan will have no influence in this time of teaching.

In Isaiah 14:12-16, Satan is given another name of "Lucifer", which means "morning star" or "bright star". It tells us that people will walk by the pit and see Satan bound and say, "Is this the man that deceived the world?" And they will wonder how they could have been so deceived through this earth age into believing Satan to be the true Messiah. They were led by Margaret MacDonald's "rapture theory", which gave them a false hope, and their lack of knowledge of God's full plan led them into believing Satan to be the Jesus Christ.

"Revelation 20:3 "And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season."

When this time of the great deception is on earth, it will be during the five month period of Revelation 9:5,10, and the Antichrist will then deceived all nations and all peoples of the earth except the elect. When the millennium is over, Satan will be released to try to deceive the people all over again, and many will follow him just as they did in this earth age.

Why would God turn Satan loose a short season? Because this will be a time of testing for those claiming to be Christians who were deceived by him in this earth age. After the thousand year testing and teaching, some will still seek after Satan, and they will be gathered by the angels as tares [see Matthew 13] to be burned with him.

Matthew 13:40 "As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world."

Matthew 13:41 "The Son of man shall send forth His angels, and they shall gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity:"

Matthew 13:42 "And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

God is a fair and just God, and when all have been taught and tested after their changing into that spiritual body, there will be no retardation or sickness to be used as an excuse. Every soul will have a sound mind, with good thinking capacity, while observing Jesus Christ in His reign, and Satan in the pit, then with full under-standing, every soul will choose for himself (herself) whom they will follow. There will be no second chances, for many in this earth age simply are not taught the truth of God's eternal plan.

Revelation 20:4 "And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years."

Though their bodies are in the tombs and have decayed, millions of Christian brothers and sisters have lost their lives for the witness of Jesus Christ over the past two thousand years. Also receiving rewards are those that have not bowed to the Antichrist in the five month period of deception coming up shortly, nor did they take his mark through the deception, nor accepted his ways (image) in their minds. If you believe in the rapture theory, you will worship Satan. Mark 13 and Matthew 24 makes it clear that the Antichrist will come first. The "rapture theory" teaches that you will be lifted out by the first messiah, and that first messiah is the Antichrist.

Ezekiel 3:8, 9 tell us "our forehead" is our mind. The seal that is in our forehead is what we believe to be true in our minds. The "mark of the beast" is the knowledge you will possess in your mind. What you believe as truth will either cause you to be deceive, or prevent you from being deceived by the first (false) Christ into thinking he is the true messiah.

Revelation 20:5 "But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection."

If you are saved and make a stand against the Antichrist and his deceptions, you will reign with Christ 1,000 years.

Those who did take the "mark of the beast", their souls will not, I repeat, will not have eternal spiritual live, and live again until the Millennium age is over and finished. I Corinthians 15:50-52 describes the mystery of the two bodies. The physical and spiritual bodies are two separate entities.

What are we talking about when it says "the rest of the dead"? The difference in taking part in the first resurrection or not taking part is whether, is hinged on whether or not they were deceived by the Antichrist. Remember, John has been taken in the spirit to the last day before Christ's return. Revelation 20 is talking about that specific day when the last trump sounds, and Jesus Christ our Lord is returning with His saints to earth. This verse is not addressing those who died 50, 100, or any time of any century prior to the sound of the seventh trump. It is addressing the generation (our generation) who will live in the time of the seven seals, and take Satan's mark (the mark of the beast) and give service to him. It is those who will be held in confinement in the place of the lost souls, waiting for the final judgment at the end of the millennium.

I Corinthians 15:52 "Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption."

The kingdom of God is wherever Jesus Christ is, and flesh and blood cannot exist in that kingdom. When Christ returns for the Millennium age here on earth, flesh and blood bodies will not exist.

I Corinthians 15:51 "Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,"

This is a mystery that Paul is going to reveal to us that had been hidden until Paul writing. This mystery concerns what happens at a particular point in time, for at that instant, there will be no more death. "Sleep" as used here, is # 2838 in the Strong's Greek Dictionary; "Koimesis, koy'-may-sis; from 2837, to put to sleep." We read in # 2837; "Koimao, Koy-mah'-o; to put to sleep, to decease, to be dead."

So a time is coming when all the people on the face of the earth will never see death in their flesh bodies again. This is the mystery that Paul is going to tell us; when this event shall take place.

I Corinthians 15:52 "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."

On the first day of the Millennium age, the "Kingdom of Heaven" will be with us on earth. You cannot enter that kingdom age in a flesh body. Therefore, it is written in verse 52 that all will be changed, in the wink of an eye, and at the last trump (seventh trump). When that seventh trump sounds, everyone on earth will be changed to an incorruptible body.

That doesn't have anything to do with your soul, or its condition. Your physical body and your spiritual body (soul) have nothing to do with the condition of one another. Your soul is your inner man that will exist in your current flesh body, and either at death or at the seventh trump, will be changed and enter into a new body (spirit body) which will not be subject to the decay this flesh body is subject to.

So, to understand what will occur in the Millennium age, you must understand that instantly following the seventh trump, all flesh bodies simply do not have life. Not one person will exist in the flesh. Every person will have the same capabilities and all will have the understanding to be taught without Satan's influence.

However, only those saints of God who have died in the flesh, or who lived and stood against Satan will take part in the first resurrection. By that I mean, will have an active part with Jesus Christ in His kingdom and reign, as he rules and teaches the earth for one thousand years, and live in their immortal soul bodies.

I Corinthians 15:53 "For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality."

The word "mortal" as used here in the Greek manuscripts never applies to a physical body, but it applies to your soul. So we see our physical bodies are gone at the seventh trump, and the mortal (soul) must put on immortality. That soul becomes your existence in the Millennium age. When the time of judgment comes at the end of the Millennium, you will enter eternity with Christ, or you will cease to exist -- you will be destroyed. At that time even the memory of your existence will be eliminated. This is serious business, my friend, and you know it.

If you enter the Millennium with a mortal (liable to die) soul, by following the Antichrist in ignorance, you must be an overcomer in the Millennium, or your soul will not put on immortality, and it will die.

Revelation 20:6 "Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years."

We saw that those who took part in the first resurrection were those who died in the Lord, and those who did not yield to Satan, the Antichrist during his "one world" reign. Those who did not take the Antichrist's "mark of the beast", these are the blessed and holy ones. All of these people already will possess an immortal soul during the Millennium.

The "second death" is the second time of testing at the end of the Millennium age after Satan is released for a short season. The saints of Christ, and overcomers of the Antichrist's reign in this earth age of the flesh will not go through the second testing, or resurrection, with those mortal souls living in the Millennium age.

What are you going to do in the Millennium as a saint of Christ? You're going to be priests of God, and reign with Him. You are going to teach and oversee, and judge those mortal souls, as they will learn and follow all directives of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Revelation 20:7 "And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison."

When everyone has been taught that are in their mortal (liable to die) soul bodies, then Satan will be loosed. Those teachings were given under perfect conditions, and all will have bodies with no ailments, perfect thought, and no temptations by Satan. In fact, all will even know he was the deceiver of this earth age. Their understanding will be perfect.

Then Satan is released.

God is a God of love, and His love is shown by his great patience and understanding of the shortcomings of mankind. There will be no one who goes to hell, and is burned by ignorance. If someone follows Satan then, they deserve hell fire, and there will be many that will still follow Satan even with the full knowledge of the truth in their minds.

Revelation 20:8 "And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea."

"Gog and Magog" means from "the east to the west". And we see Satan will cover the earth again for the deception of all mankind. Can you believe that, friend, Satan will still have his followers and hoards of unbelievers ready to give battle for him. After 1,000 years of teaching, the tribulation of the seven trumpets, and visually seeing Satan as the fallen one (deceived of the earth) in prison, they still follow him in large numbers.

Think of the great seductive powers Satan has to use against you, when you tend to let your guard down, and disrobe from the armor of God. That armor must be continually in place and cover all your parts that Satan will attack, which Paul tells us to have on and in place in Ephesians 6:10-20, [inserted after chapter 17,on page 145].

Revelation 20:9 "And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them."

This beloved city is Jerusalem where Jesus Christ and His temple will be at the close of the Millennium age. It is here where the glory of God is, and God's fire from heaven will come down to devour Satan and all his followers.

This is the "great day of God" when the full god-head comes to dwell on earth with His saints forever. This is different from the "day of the Lord", which was 1,000 years earlier, that took place at the seventh trump when Jesus Christ came and set up His kingdom for the Millennium.

Revelation 20:10 "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."

In Ezekiel 28:16-19, Satan is promised that he will be destroyed from within and turned to ashes. Once a soul is turned to ashes, it is finished. Satan can cause harm to your body but only God can destroy your soul.

Revelation 20:11 "And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away: and there was found no place for them."

With the God-head present on earth, and the judgment of God on all those lost souls, there was no place for Satan and his hoards of followers to exist.

Revelation 20:12"And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works."

Notice there are two sets of books here. The first called "The Books" is to judge the unsaved. The second is the "Book of Life" where only the names of the saved are recorded. The saved have had their sins removed from God's judgment and booted out. Though they were committed, the blood of Christ has covered them from being used against us.

Notice how all souls are judged "according to their works". Does it talk about faith here after the Millennium? No. The "great white throne judgment" will not take faith into consideration. The first resurrection takes faith into consideration. That was back on "the Lord's day". That was Jesus Christ's "great day". On the last day of the Millennium age souls are judged by works only.

Why are you judged for works only? Faith is something hoped for but unseen. You don't see Jesus Christ on earth today, you will see his wonderful works, and be led by Him and His Spirit in the Millennium age. Today He is in heaven and not walking on this earth. However, in the millennium, He will be on earth, and all will have full intelligence, with full recall and will be taught. The Heavenly Father honors all those with grace, that have accepted His Son by faith through repentance without Christ's physical presence here on earth, if you believed in His Word.

To those who are not under grace in the Millennium, their salvation will be only through and by their works. For faith doesn't exist to them. There will be no ignorance, physical handicap, for you will see, know, and experience Our Lord first hand.

If you follow the Antichrist, the first Christ to appear, you will have forfeited your salvation in this earth age. You will not be under the grace of God, and your works will be the only thing that matters on the last day of the Millennium, the day of judgment. They will be judged by works alone, for they have seen Jesus Christ, and are without excuse. The "rapture theory" leaves believers defenseless against Satan, for they will be taken in by Satan's deceptions.

Revelation 20:13 "And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works."

The sea is the massive number of mortal souls that follow Satan. These are those souls who did not overcome, and are in a place of holding at the time of their physical death, and also from the Millennium. There it is again! "According to their works."

Don't be frightened by this! For we are now under grace, and the Antichrist has not yet arrived. You are going to face the truth now, or be judged by your works from the thousand year Millennium age. Eternity is a long time, so much so that our minds simply cannot comprehend it.

To refuse Christ at the end of the Millennium age will commit you to destruction.

Revelation 20:14 "And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death."

This "second death" is also the final death and the sinner's soul will be turned to ashes from within. Death and even the thought of death will be no more with us.

I Corinthins 15:54 "So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory."

Following this death of the mortal soul, after the final judgment, only victory remains. Those of the mortal soul will be so blotted out from the minds of their saved loved ones that even the remembrance of their existence will not exist. There will be no tears or sorrow for them by loved ones, because it will be as if that soul had never existed and been created in the first place.

I Corinthians 15:55 "O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?"

There will be no sting of death following the second resurrection, for all souls living then will be eternal and immortal.

I Corinthians 15:56 "The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law."

I Corinthians 15:57 "But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."

Our hope and salvation now can only be through our Lord and Savior.

Hebrews 2:15 "Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;"

Jesus said he came to earth to destroy death, which is the devil.

Revelation 20:15 "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

It is important that we understand the chronological order of the events that will occur, and the physical and spiritual bodies that we will be in during each of these times. The very condition, and life of your soul relies on your understanding of these events. For by not understanding them, and chasing after man's traditions, assures that you will follow the Antichrist and think he is the true Christ. This is a must before we can understand the Millennium age.

It's time you learn about it, for you will be in it very shortly.

The Shpeherds Chapel

• 3 months later...

The bitterness is the harshness of the judgement to come and how all the lost souls who don't come to Jesus will be lost forever.

The sweetness is the majesty of the eternal life we have to look forward to.

We reject what is hard for us to understand because it is the easiest thing to do. We are frightened and don't want to venture too far out of our comfort zone. Sometimes we don't listen and only hear what we want to hear. We don't see what is directly in front of our eyes. It is maybe our hearts which are hard and not our ability to understand.

Q5. (Rev 10:1-9) What is bitter about what you've read in Revelation 6 through 10? What is sweet? Why do we tend to reject what is hard for us to understand.

The suffering brought about by the famine, death, violence, war, plagues, and disease is bitter. When God welcomes home his saints and wipes away every tear from their eyes is sweet. We tend to reject what is hard for us to understand because it is easier.

• 4 weeks later...

Q5. (Rev 10:1-9) What is bitter about what you've read in Revelation 6 through 10?

The bitterness is the not willing to accept the truth. It is hard to stomach in this world having to do things that are righteous. So mankind chooses to do things their way instead of the way of God because so many feel it is so hard trying to follow through with God's plan.

What is sweet?

The sweet is for those who have followed through with God's plan despite the torture or pain they have had to suffer to do so. Then comes the sweetness of God's truth prevailing over all things on this earth. For those who know his word and live it according to discipline they will have the sweet but for those who choose other ways they shall have the bitterness of his wrath.

We are sinners and it is in our nature to sin. It is much easier being what we naturally are instead of being what we were naturally created to be, loving children of Christ. We prefer the easy street instead of working for a reward that we don't get until the end. We want instant gratification and we don't plan on sharing it with anyone and we don't plan on waiting to get it. To know that we would have to change the things in our lives that make us feel good is a hard thing to do. That is why so very many don't. We are creatures that want all things to be to our advantage. We can't see ahead instead we see and feel what brings us instant gratification. But Christians know that the reward comes in the end. It is a hard journey but when we get there it will be well worth the trip.

• 9 months later...

The bitterness is the punishment for the non-repentant who have missed the opportunity to be with Jesus throughout eternity.

The sweetness is the joy of knowing that God will protect us and the joy of being in the presence of the Lamb eternally.

It is easier to reject things we do not understand rather than to dig into the meanings. Finding the true meanings through Bible study and prayer make it all worth while.

God Bless,

Bruce

• 1 month later...

Rev. talks about John eating the little scroll which tasted sweet like the incense being sweet from the prayers to God who loves them; the bitter or the upsetting of the stomach was from the nonrepented sins of the others.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The plagues and judgements to me are bitter - the destruction the fear of those on earth and even the lack of faith or love for God during that time - much as it is now.

It is sweet because He has made a way of escape for HIS people. He has HIS people sealed and protected. the knowledge that when I die (however that may be) I will be in the hands of a loving and merciful God. That is sweet!

It is hard to believe what you don't understand. Personally if I don't understand something I tend to put it out of mind. not think about it much

• 2 weeks later...

Q5. (Revelation 10:1-9) What is bitter about what you've read in Revelation 6 through 10? What is sweet? Why do we tend to reject what is hard for us to understand?

I think that it is knowing that the window of opportunity for repentance will be gone forever and some of our loved ones will have missed it and they will be lost forever.

That all who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ will be saved and live with Him forever and ever.

It takes work to understand somethings and we don't want to put the time or energy into learning something new. If it is something that we feel we may not agree with then we'll ignore it, hoping that it will go away.

• 2 months later...

Knowing that mankind has rejected our Creator, inspite of His great love for us in sending and sacrificing His only begotten Son to give us the path back to Him is bitter indeed. To know that most of mankind will perish because they continue to rebel against God, even as they are suffering the end of all things as is now known, is grievously bitter.

It is sweet to trust in Jesus and realize our blessed hope. It is sweet to be marked by God as His own, to have His love abide in us and that our place with the Lamb and the Father is assured for evermore. Amen.

• 3 months later...

Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus sweet because he has spared us from the judgement of the lamb and of God. bitterness cames from thoes who rejacted christ our saviour, or thoes who wait until the tribulation to accept him due to that they will have to endure the judgements.

Many people can't believe that a loving God could bring judgement upon the worl and world systems, because they do not know the God of the bible but a God that is in their mind.

• 2 weeks later...

What is bitter is all those who are lost - what is sweet is those who are saved.

We reject what we don't understand because we want things to make sense in order to accept them (we're a facts and figures driven people), not just rely on someone else's say-so (we learn our own lessons, we make our own mistakes).

Q.5 The seals or lack of seals is the bitter and the sweet. Accepting (sweet) or denying (bitter) Christ determines our place in eternity. Also the sweet is the ultimate defeat of Satan. It's hard to accept that our reasoning is mistaken - we are asked to live a life of faithful obedience - to depend upon God's wisdom. What a relief! Many times my reasoning has been or is wrong. How blessed it is to live a life depending upon God -reading His word, looking at what He desires us to believe, and what to accept, or reject.

• 2 months later...

The bitter is that there are people who reject the Lord - there there will be loved ones who reject the Lord and who won't be there for eternity with Him.

The sweet is being with Jesus for eternity - reigning with Him and knowing that all persecution will have its end!

We tend to forget that we will feel pain etc for the lost souls - why would anyone not want to follow the Lord? We should hurt for what God hurts for and that is for the lost to return to Him.