JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

God has promised to sustain us in our justification to the end when our redemption is fully realized on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ!  Our faith and hope in this promise is strengthened first by the gift of the Holy Spirit given to dwell within us as Advocate, Teacher, Guide, Encourager, and Comforter.  We have been given the inspired written record of God’s Word to man.  We have been given the privilege and position to boldly come to the throne of God with our prayers of praise and petitions, to engage in a personal relationship as children of the Father and friend of the Savior.  We have been united with all other believers as a spiritual community where we are to learn, serve, and grow together as we each develop and exercise our individual spiritual giftings for the building of the Body of Christ.  We have been given the amazing gift of unfailing acceptance and forgiveness every time we fail God and come back to Him in humble confession.  And we have been given the gift of tests in life that reveal our weaknesses and failures, help us to surrender the old nature in order to grow in our sanctified holy nature, and provide opportunities to mature and prove our faith.

No gift is useful or fulfills its potential unless it is accepted, actively engaged and put to use.  We have to make practical choices throughout the courses of our days/lives to listen and obey the Word and the Spirit, to choose faith in all God has promised over fears of this life, to sacrifice what Self thinks or desires for the perfect heart and will of God.  Each person has to study, pray, and obey for themselves.  Honestly, I need to be diligent more in every area!

Q3. (1 Corinthians 1:8-9) What gifts does God give us to ensure that we’ll continue in faith until the end? Why does each require our active participation to receive its full benefits? Which do you need to enter into more?

Question 1.3

God will strengthen us to the end.  He says that for his arm we will hope. (Isaiah 51:5).  Isaiah also writes “awake, awake, put on strength O Arm of God”.  And in 63:12 we read of god Yahweh, “who caused his glorious arm to march at the right hand of Moses who divided the waters before them - the children of Israel. (Isaiah 63:12) this strong arm of God needs to be taken advantage of in prayer, in reading scripture and study, fellowship with god and other brothers and sisters of the faith, surrendering to God and to accept the Christ into our lives.

Secondly we must forgive others so that God can forgive us.  When we appear before God we must be righteous and as we cannot on our own obtain righteousness we must seek forgiveness.  We must believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and we will be saved. (Acts 16:31) Jesus then places on us a cloak of righteousness which covers all our blemishes and sins and we can than stand before God on our day of judgement, righteous before that great judge.  We do not deserve this righteousness it is God’s gift of grace.

Thirdly, there is faithfulness.  There is the faithfulness of God which has been with the people since the beginning.  God has been with us since creation, through the flood, the exodus from Egypt, the exile and in this faithfulness and in his grace he gave us his Son Jesus as a sacrifice for our sins.  The old hymn goes “Great is they Faithfulness, O God our Father, there is no shadow of turning in thee”.  We have this promise, we have a tradition that God will be there for us regardless, we just need to return to him in our love and return his faith.  The Prodigal Son was forgiven, why not us.  God is faithful to his promises to Abraham, to Moses , to the prophets, to the apostles and disciples and to us today.  God is here we must just reach out in faith to meet him as he reaches out in faith to us.

Fourthly, we have perhaps the most important of these attributes fellowship.  We have fellowship with God the Son, and the Holy Spirit sits on our shoulder as we go about our way.  We need only speak to him to talk to him and to show him our faith and our desire for fellowship.  We also have the strength of fellowship with other believers.  This is a source of strength, it gives us something to work for and somebody to work with.  All the ancients spoke not to individuals but to groups, they spoke to tribes and nations.  So we also must work with Christian groups in order to be strengthened in our faith.

We need to be active in these four - fellowship, faithfulness, forgiveness and strength for these are relationship qualities. To receive each of these we must open our hearts, our mind and our souls to God’s strength, fellowship, faithfulness and forgiveness, accept them as they are offered but we are not to hoard them. We are to pass them on to others and help develop a strong, interactive relational community.  

All of the above.

Q3. (1 Corinthians 1:8-9) What gifts does God give us to ensure that we’ll continue in faith until the end?

StrengthForgiveness, Faithfulness, & Fellowship.

Why does each require our active participation to receive its full benefits?

Because it is us, our body who God owns and not other people. Without our active participation we will not be able to practice and experience its benefits.

Which do you need to enter into more?

All of the above.

Q3. (1 Corinthians 1:8-9) What gifts does God give us to ensure that we'll continue in faith until the end? Why does each require our active participation to receive its full benefits? Which do you need to enter into more?

He has given us the gifts of strength to stand to the end life or end age, forgiveness of sin where are blameless by his grace, fellowship, and his faithfulness ensures that we can be confident to state without doubt that we are save and have a heavenly inheritance with him in fellowship.

God's abundant gifts listed above are available to us by grace but it is our responsibility to take advantage of these gift and avail ourselves to the them by receiving them.

I need to avail myself more to fellowship with him in the richness of his grace so that he will strengthen me to the end of time.

Q3.

1 - (1 Corinthians 1:8-9) What gifts does God give us to ensure that we’ll continue in faith until the end?

God has given for us many things. The greatest of these is love.

3  - Which do you need to enter into more?

I need to be more faithful.

God has provided us with strength in Jesus and His Word, forgiveness, faith, and fellowship to persevere as saints in Christ until Jesus comes again or we pass from this world. 

In other words, we have the grace of Jesus Christ, the love of God the Father, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit to see us through this pilgrimage in this life.

Unless we actively participant in these gifts we have no relationship with God.  The most important aspect of all of these is placing our faith and trust in God and obeying Him.  Appling His Word in our lives.

I think the gifts I recognize easily are role models in the faith. When i can see a strong person live selflessly. When I notice someone with an easy smile and a caring heart. I am brought back down to earth and i remember who i want to be. That's why i think it's important for us all to be role models to each other. It is easier when we all have good role models.

God gives us the Word, fellowship, forgiveness, prayer--many ways to strengthen us.

If we don't use our gifts, we lose them--it does no good.

Probably a little of all.

Q3. (1 Corinthians 1:8-9) What gifts does God give us to ensure that we’ll continue in faith until the end? Why does each require our active participation to receive its full benefits? Which do you need to enter into more?

3.a. Strength, forgiveness, faithfulness and fellowship.

b. Our salvation is by God's grace but through prayer we get strength. through confession we get forgiveness, through trusting, depending and relying on God, He show Himself faithful, and even when we are unfaithful and undeserving, He show Himsellf faithful and we are amazed. Through fellowship, He shows Himself real to us and speaks to us by His Holy Spirit, we have communion with Him, know He's there for us 24/7 and longs to have fellowship with us.

c. I need to enter into fellowship more.  Just as you tell people what is going on with you and they can't even help you.  Why not go to God the Father and talk to Him, He is the only one that can help you and give you peace and rest as a bonus.

Strength--God is our strenght, we must be firm in our commitment to Christ, we must stay in the Word, Prayer, Fellowship with the Lord daily.

Forgiveness- We must be forgiving, makes us blameless or justified.

Faithful- God is faithful in all He does.  We must be faithful to Him.

Fellowship- We must have fellowship with Christ daily.(close relationship),Scripture, Prayer, Fellowship

Probably more of all.

1. Strength. (to overcome)

2. Forgiveness. (to remain blameless)

3. Faithfulness.  (for assurance no matter what)

4. Fellowship.  (with Jesus present in us at all times)

Our participation is to "receive" all without question, and to give way to God's ways, and to diminish our will.

Every one of these points are in need to increase at different time of our lives: sickness, sin, desperation, and personal endeavour cause each of these to increase or to diminish, depending on our attitude and reaction. We just need to realine ourselves with the Bible teaching.

The gift that God gives us to ensure that we continue in faith until the end is the Bible. He also has given a church so that we can fellowship with other believers to increase our knowledge in God.

It requires our active participation to receive its full benefits because we need to keep our minds on things that are holy instead of things that are worldly. If we don’t keep our minds on God then the world will take us over.

• 1 month later...

God gives us so many gifts and graces which include those in this study: strength, forgiveness, faithfulness and fellowship...without these gifts I would be totally lost on completely on my own.  All those years in my life where I found myself on my own by own choice led me into total chaos, a mess, and totally distraught and downcast against me.  But praise God, I came to my senses and started benefitting from these gifts. As I will emphasize, these are not one-sided, i.e., only to be received...sure they are free and undeserving but that is what grace is all about.  I "do" have to participate and strive to become closer to Jesus along the way. By so doing I will gain the strength for the living of my days and the work of service in which I am involved.  By seeking and receiving His forgiveness, I not only experience that great feeling of reconciliation but also can enjoy an increasing faith in Him while simultaneously knowing and experiencing His complete faithfulness to His promises of always being with me no matter what I do or where I am.  Oh, yes, I know this to be true and can witness to that fact over a multitude of times in my life.  And finally, there is nothing better than to be involved with and participate in the fellowship of believers.  We brothers and sisters in the faith partner together with each other and with our LORD in an amazing realization of His love and our devotion to each other and to Him.

• 3 weeks later...

God gives us the very air we breathe and all the blessings we need. He gives us discernment inside to know when we do wrong and when we do something that pleases him. When pleasing him I receive the greatest high of praise as if he was saying Well done my child. He gives us this joy and his presence in our daily lives which keeps me persevering toward our goal to be with him. I believe we need to ask for forgiveness everyday to continue in his will.

• 1 month later...

God gives us so many gifts and graces which include those in this study: strength, forgiveness, faithfulness and fellowship...without these gifts I would be totally lost on completely on my own.  All those years in my life where I found myself on my own by own choice led me into total chaos, a mess, and totally distraught and downcast against me.  But praise God, I came to my senses and started benefitting from these gifts. As I will emphasize, these are not one-sided, i.e., only to be received...sure they are free and undeserving but that is what grace is all about.  I "do" have to participate and strive to become closer to Jesus along the way. By so doing I will gain the strength for the living of my days and the work of service in which I am involved.  By seeking and receiving His forgiveness, I not only experience that great feeling of reconciliation but also can enjoy an increasing faith in Him while simultaneously knowing and experiencing His complete faithfulness to His promises of always being with me no matter what I do or where I am.  Oh, yes, I know this to be true and can witness to that fact over a multitude of times in my life.  And finally, there is nothing better than to be involved with and participate in the fellowship of believers.  We brothers and sisters in the faith partner together with each other and with our LORD in an amazing realization of His love and our devotion to each other and to Him.

• 5 months later...

God gives us the gifts of strength, forgiveness and faithfulness.  These are God's gifts to ensure that we continue in faith until the end.  In order for us to be guaranteed that these gifts will keep us to the end we must be actively participating in receiving and allowing the benefits of the gifts to be the guiding force through our journey.  Of the gifts i need to participate more fully in faithfulness; that it may apply to my entire life.  Help me Holy Spirit.

• 4 months later...

God give us strength but we have to nurture this strength within ourselves. We have to pray for God's guidance on how to best use this power. We have to follow God's words through the bible for this is the gateways to our ultimate salvation and reward in heaven. We need to associate with other members of the faith in order to learn how to love others as were commissioned to do. We were given the forgiveness of our sins. However, we cannot go through life without growing ourselves to the full potential that God sees in us. I really need to do more in the way of fellowship and strength. I find that I lack in the ability to associate with like minded individuals. I am very critical of their honesty of beliefs and faiths.

• 3 years later...
On 2/5/2014 at 2:29 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

God gives us wisdom to know the difference between good and evil.  Jesus Christ will confirm us to the end, that we may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.  God is faithful, we are called to have fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.  I need to be found blameless in the Lords coming, for I as hard I try not to sin I still do.  In prayer I like to confess my sins to God after I’m in the spirit or His realm, past, present, and future sins.  Of course I have to forgive everyone who has done me wrong and that’s not such an easy thing to do sometimes, otherwise if I don’t forgive them God won’t forgive me.

• 3 years later...

Q3. (1 Corinthians 1:8-9)

What gifts does God give us to ensure that we'll continue in faith until the end?

Strength, forgiveness, faithfulness, fellowship

Why does each require our active participation to receive its full benefits?

If you are given a GIFT, it can only benefit you if you open it and use it. Exactly the same with God-given GIFTS, they need to be put into use to be of benefit in any way. 

Which do you need to enter into more?

To be strengthened. I do spend time with the Lord and in His Word. But not much time in fellowship with other believers. I keep myself very much one-sided. I do not easily cope with misunderstandings or taking things for granted. 

• 1 year later...

I wonder if those who suffer deeply both perceive and receive His four gifts as clearly and easily as those who seem to have softer, gentler Christian lives. Some Christians struggle daily -- ... no, hourly! --  to receive His strength, for example, and yet never feel His power or the upholding of His hands. God can withdraw the perception of His gifts -- Job didn't feel God's strength or even His fellowship, and yet endured and persevered. 

Perhaps there are seasons of life -- for some, it may be all of life -- during which these gifts are not felt; perhaps our "feeling" of these gifts is not what's really at issue, here. Perhaps "strengthening" and "fellowship with Jesus" isn't felt, but believed, with a stubborn faith that persists when all evidence and all of life suggest otherwise.