JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 3 weeks later...

Prayer, expectation, hope, fellowship and perhaps taking away a conscious of inferiority.

The more we participate the more real becomes our belief system.

My prayer life sucks as far as I am concerned. I pray everyday, it seems all the time, always being in an attitude of prayer but to me my prayers seem to be shallow. Pray for me.

God gives us strength through studying the Bible, prayer, surrendering our lives to Him, fellowship and reaching out to others. God gives of faith through His forgiveness of our sins. God is faithful and trustworthy. God is the one person I trust and is so worthy of my praises. We also are given fellowship with God's only begotten Son Christ Jesus our Lord.

Q3. (1 Corinthians 1:8-9) What gifts does God give us to ensure that we'll continue in faith until the end? “The assurance that I am established and made strong in faith, declared justified through faith in God’s forgiveness of my sinfulness through the faithfulness of Christ. That I am assured by the fellowship of Christ Jesus Himself that I am indeed saved, secure in this life and in the life to come.” Why does each require our active participation to receive its full benefits? “Each aspect of God’s grace to us depends on our participation because we are the fleshly means of representing the Lord Jesus in this world. We are the Body of Christ, the Church of which Christ Jesus is the head. Which do you need to enter into more? Personally I need to focus most on availing myself of God’s presence and help when I am faced with secular choices that tempt me to compromise my trust in God’s ways in answer to life’s circumstances. A reminder too that it is 'in Christ', even in this fellowship of believers, this sharing together with others in the church, that God gives solace and the answers to life's circumstances."

I find it incredibly reasuring that even though i may fail on my journey( and i have failed a lot) the LORD will pick me up and dust me down with love.He has given me an abundance of gifts including compassion,knowledge,patience and determination.Like brothered above,i have never been the strongest of prayers and i do need to make a conscious effort to spend time with the LORD.

Q3. (1 Corinthians 1:8-9) What gifts does God give us to ensure that we’ll continue in faith until the end?

Strength, to endure and remain standing. Forgiveness, to remain blameless. God's faithfulness, that we live in trust in His faithfulness and loving care. Fellowship..invitation to live in intimate relationship with Him. (No more orphan spirit!)

Why does each require our active participation to receive its full benefits?

They are GIFTS, and gifts must be received (opened) to be useful or appreciated and acknowledged.

Which do you need to enter into more?

Our current living situation is extremely stressful and tense. I'm asking for His strength and wisdom constantly, and He is faithfully answering.

What gifts does God give us to ensure that we'll continue in faith until the end? STRENGTH, FORGIVENESS, FELLOWSHIP, & FAITHFULNESS

Why does each require our active participation to receive its full benefits? IT ALL COMES DOWN TO A DECISION; FOLLOW CHRIST AND DENY SELF, ONLY WE CAN DO THAT--HE WON'T FORCE IT.

Which do you need to enter into more?  STRENGTH AND THE IGNORANCE OF PERSONAL WILL!!

What gifts does God give us to ensure that we'll continue in faith until the end?

- Strength - Forgiveness - Faithfulness - Fellowship are the real gifts that God gives us to ensure that we last until the end.

- By using our gifts, we are able to understand them better and we will benefit from the involvement with great joy.

- Fellowship with God is the most important because by being close to God we will understand Him better concerning His will for us.

What gifts does God give us to ensure that we’ll continue in faith until the end?

1.  God gives us strength, forgiveness, faithfulness and fellowship.

2.  Active participation helps to keep us strong so that we can stand for Him.

3.  For me it is forgiveness.  It is hard to go thru life without sinning, whether intentional or unintentional. 

I do not ask God's forgiveness as much as I should.

Q3.  What gifts does God give us to ensure that we'll continue in faith until the end?  God gives us strength, knowledge, and words to communicate to others.  God gave every gracious gift.  The Corinth church gave thanks for the calling of Paul, a view of what was going on in the Church, and they were given a chance to receive grace and peace.  God will save the Church at Corinth because He is faithful.

Why does each require our active participation to receive its full benefits?  We have to discover our spiritual gifts and use them to build up our church.  By becoming secure with Jesus Christ will determine how I behave in the belief that I owe a life of gratitude for Jesus Christ.

Which do you have to enter into more?  Like Paul I desire the ability to thank God for the abuses and conflicts in the Church which causes us pain, so we can fix it and get it right. 

The gifts God gives to ensure that we'll continue in faith to the end are:

Strength to be firm in our commitment. We can take advantage of prayer, scripture, fellowship and surrender to God's will.

Forgiveness so we can be blameless until Christ returns. Blamelessness is God's gift to us. We are justified and declared righteous through Christ.

Faithfulness of God. Great is your faithfulness Oh God! He is worthy of belief or trust, faithful and dependable.

Fellowship with God. We are invited into a close relationship with God, sharing in partnership with intimacy.

Each requires our active participation because we come to understand God's character through each one. When we come to know Him better our trust is firmly established in Him.

When we become committed to Him and seek Him in prayer and the scripture, we soon learn He is the source of wisdom to live by and we can safely and confidently allow His will into our lives. When we embrace His forgiveness and become blameless through Christ, we rest assured that though we sin, we always will be received back when we are willing to return. Grace softens us and we don't desire to sin anymore. When we realize how faithful He is, we make Him the center of our lives. Mere man pales in comparison and our bond with God grows. As our bond grows we become AMAZED that the God of the universe desires to talk with us personally. To encourage us, chide us when we start to step to the left or the right and we live every day in communion with Him amazingly astounded and thankful that He was ever mindful of us....but filled with joy that He is!!!

Which do I need more? To trust in His faithfulness. I struggle with doubt when trials come. It's like I have the knowledge of His faithfulness, but I have to really ask Him if He WILL be faithful instead of trusting and having it in my heart that He is for sure. Thank heavens I do have fellowship and I come out of talking with Him assured. Part of the problem is I want Him to be faithful to me in the way "I" think He should and His thoughts and ways are higher than mine, but "self" still hopes it will be "my" way. So, I'm still developing trust in HIS will. He really is assuring me in that, so I continue to surrender even if I have doubts. But DOUBT GO AWAY!

1 Corinthians 1:8-9

Q). What gifts does God give us to ensure that we'll continue in faith until the end?

A). In the verse 1 Corinthians 1:8-9 Paul describes four gifts that God give us to ensure that we'll continue in faith until the end:  strength, forgiveness, faithfulness and fellowship.

#

Q). Why does each require our active participation to receive its full benefits?

A). It's like if someone gives me four tools. I must actively use the tools in order to receive the full benefits from them. The four gifts of God mentioned in 1 Corinthians 1:8-9 are ways in which God keeps us in Christ for that Day. And it is by our active participation that we receive the full benefits of those gifts. For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also (James 2:26).

#

Q). Which do you need to enter into more?

A). I need to enter into more strength to be firm in my commitment. This requires me to take advantage of the various means of grace that God provides -- prayer, Scripture, fellowship, surrender, etc.

Q3. (1 Corinthians 1:8-9) What gifts does God give us to ensure that we’ll continue in faith until the end?

God he has given us his Son as a gift, in Him are hidden all treasures of wisdom and understanding. It is only if we dwell under His word that we will continue in faith.

Isa 55: 10-11 Rain and snow fall from the sky and dont return without watering the ground. They cause the plants to sprout and grow, making seeds for the farmer and bread for the people. So is my word that goes out of my mouth, it will not return to me empty, but it willaccomplish what i desire and achieve the purpose for which i sent it.

Fellowship and to walk in the light

Q3. (1 Corinthians 1:8-9) What gifts does God give us to ensure that we'll continue in faith until the end?

The gifts God gives to us is His divine gratuity, a spiritual endowment given to the believer so that we will walk in holiness, “STRENGTH” is given so that we will be more able to overcome sin- (Col. 3:5) so we will mortify our members and we will reframe from fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, covetousness, which is idolatry – the Holy Spirit is power given, so  (Ezekiel 36:27) He will cause the believer to follow God’s commands “to do them” and when we fail, the Holy Spirit is there to bring conviction, calling the heart unto that of forgiveness, so that we will in the end stand blameless before God, not forgetting, we are called unto partnership with God’s Son.

Why does each require our active participation to receive its full benefits? Our actions are required because faith is an action word, without works, action, there is no faith, our calling as “saints” is that we walk in “FAITH”, we have no excuse, God has given to us His Word, His armor for us to put on, the Holy Spirit to guide us along the way, and prayer so that we may fellowship with God; However, it is our “WILL” that we must give up and our “OBEDIENCE” in order to receive the full benefit of God’s gifts to us.  

Which do you need to enter into more? I need all that God has given, however, I would not want to live one second without the Holy Spirit.

Q3. 1 Corinthians 1:8-9

a) What gifts does God give us to ensure that we'll continue in faith until the end?

There are four gifts that are listed, which God has given each of us. Strength we receive through prayer, and reading of scriptures, Fellowship with other followers of Christ, as well as an open heart, by surrendering lives to Him.

Forgiveness is another gift, that he freely gives each of us. This brings comfort for I know I am not perfect and will fall short on a daily bases. This too allows me to forgive others, and lift them up in prayer. 

Faithfulness comes easy for me now a days. with all that I have struggled through, and he was and is faithful daily. I trust fully in him and know deep down He is real. 

Fellowship with God and others is another gift. Having a connection and being free to trust and cry with each other. 

B) Why does each require our active participation to receive its full benefits?

To receive the gift of strength, I need to be actively engaged in prayer and meditations. Opening my heart allows God to work in my life and truly feel his presence. Finding forgiveness for others as God has forgiven me gives freedom for daily activities. I am not consumed with others nor my own forgiveness, rather I remain open and free to God. For myself, faithfulness, comes form within. By personal experiences and others testimonial, I gain faith and have faith to share with others. This brings up the gift of fellowship. Being, sharing, and loving one God together and alone strengthen each other as well as personally. 

c) Which do you need to enter into more?

At times the daily business of life draws me away form God, such as my readings. A balance in all four areas is needed to remain firmly grounded. The fellowship shared with co-workers encourages me to seek God and address those issues, and remind me faithfully to surrender all to God. 

Perseverance

Q3. (1 Corinthians 1:8-9)

What gifts does God give us to ensure that we'll continue in faith until the end?

Thank God for the strength, that He gives us, to continue on in this journey to Heaven, without the gift of strength, we would not get much accomplished.

Then God gives me forgiveness, that I forgive others, no matter the circumstances or the issue, I will be able to forgive. Through the flesh, I would not have been able to do this. I have seen so many people live a defeated life and in constant turmoil because they couldn't forgive and let it go.

The Jesus Christ, gives me the much needed gift of faithfulness. This is a dirty word around most churches today. The majority of people that attend church, only go to see what they can get, they are not faithful on paying tithes and helping around the church, no wonder Jesus said when He returns would he find any faith. 

Then we have fellowship, which is the only way a church can really know what others are like. Thank God, we are not all alike, but when I have fellowship with my church family, I get to know them and they also get to know me. When needs arise in the local assembly, you will see the folks take care of the need and do the responsibilities of a church that loves God.

It is easy to talk about the gifts that God has given us to benefit the kingdom of God on earth, but you have to walk your talk, are you will be counted worthless in the site of God. We show others as Jesus showed us by example, when others see you helping others and enjoying it, they will go away saying "now that is a Child of God" I don't know of a greater view from someone who is a sinner than to have this view of a Christian. 

Those that are faithful until the end, will live in fellowship with the Lord Jesus Christ for eternity. Praise God, Oh come quickly Lord Jesus and call, Your Church home. Brother Mike

What gifts does God give us to ensure that we'll continue in faith until the end? Why does each require our active participation to receive its full benefits? Which do you need to enter into more?

1) Strength. The 1st 2 questions pointed to sanctification. Sanctification changes our character so that we don't want to sin anymore. Now Paul tells us that we receive strength as well - that is power to overcome sin. Thus we don't want to sin anymore (although temptation will always be there - it depends on our focus) and we receive power to overcome sin.

2) Forgiveness. Forgiveness goes with salvation. It is about our past, Sanctification goes with our future, Our sins (past) are forgiven and we receive sanctification and power to overcome future sins - temptations.

3) The above 2 and our experiences with God leads to faithfulness

4) and because of all God has done for me I want to share it with everybody I meet!!!!!

Q3. (1 Corinthians 1:8-9) What gifts does God give us to ensure that we’ll continue in faith until the end? Why does each require our active participation to receive its full benefits? Which do you need to enter into more?

1. the gifts that god gives us to ensure that we will continue in faith until the end is strength. We should take advantage in this strength in praying, reading scripture, fellowship and surrendering ourselves totally to Christ.

2. each of these gifts requires our full participation so we can have fellowship with Christ and with our fellow believers.

3. the gift I need more of is fellowship with other believers. By doing this we could edify and comfort one another.   

Q3. (1 Corinthians 1:8-9) 

Since we have been called by God Himself, to share in His Son, Jesus Christ, God will not abandon us or go back on His promises. We have put our trust in Christ, and God has confirmed this fact by giving us the gifts of the Spirit. If we are to make these gifts a reality in our lives we shall need to enter more fully into the richness of His grace. We can be confident God will keep us for Himself until Jesus comes. We know that God has gone to such tremendous cost to keep us, and therefore, He will never let us slip out of His hands. It is up to us, however, to make full use of the grace provided by prayer, fellowship and obedience to the Word. 

Q3. (1 Corinthians 1:8-9) What gifts does God give us to ensure that we’ll continue in faith until the end? Why does each require our active participation to receive its full benefits? Which do you need to enter into more?

God gives us many gifts through the Holy Spirit. We are given strength so we can continue our journey with Him until the day of  His coming, or until our earthly death.  I think here, there is a reason why Paul mentions God's gift of strength 'first' in his letter to the Corinthians. Since the Corinthians seem to be going off in all sort of direction and perhaps confused bout what gifts God has given to them, Paul's intention is to remind them that they have been given strength to carry on the good fight till the day of redemption!l  If we do not take advantage of the gift of strength God has given us, we will not experience spiritual growth. As with all the gift that God has given us we must USE them to grow. Some of the ways God strengthens us Spiritually is through prayer, His word, guidance, discernment, forgiveness of sins. We must surrender ourselves to God. I surrendered a long time ago. At first, pride got in the way ( still does sometimes-these are the times that I remind myself "that "God is God and I AM NOT"), and it was hard to surrender. However,  God has His own ways of humbling us, if we trust in Him and Him alone. Surrendering is a process which continues throughout our life. It requires lifelong strength and commitment.  I belong to Jesus, and I trust at all times I'm living IN the Spirit. this the the spiritual strength I continuously  pray for, and God has gifted to me.

Each one of the gifts Paul mentions in his letter to the Corinthians must be utilized for us to experience spiritual growth.

Forgiveness, unless we learn to forgive we cannot possibly grow in faith. As a Christian, forgiveness is not an option. We must forgive others, as God has forgiven us.It is a requirement. Just as we love because God showed us what LOVE is by first loving us, we must also forgive, as Christ Jesus showed us on the cross when he forgave his murderers. Most importantly forgiveness, love, is the cornerstone of our faith.God gave His beloved Son ,as a GIFT, so that we would experience forgiveness and be made righteous through grace.Now that is a sovereign, unsurpassed EXAMPLE of forgiveness. Unless we learn to forgive through the blood of Christ our spiritual growth will be stunted. We will surely face spiritual death.

God teaches us Faithfulness in the same way, by example. He is a Faithful God. He will never forsake  us or leave us. Our salvation is not earned,it is a gift to us from our sovereign King. As you read and study the word you will become more familiar with the ways in which God is a faithful and loving Father.

supporting verses: read Hebrews 1 1-40 for examples of God's faithfulness.

Fellowship. Fellowship means entering into a personal relationship with Christ Jesus and supporting and relating to, learning from, others as they do the same thing.

However without a doubt the hardest thing for me to accomplish is fellowship with others. And the one I need to enter into more. Throughout the years,I have had trouble relating to other Christians and have been judgmental and  felt that they have been hypocritical in many ways.  I have left a few churches after going to them for a while because of my emptiness I felt while in fellowship with others. I know fellowship is an essential part of being a Christian and essential in growing my faith.There are several ways to fellowship with others.I have found  online, especially with Dr. Ralph, a good way for me to accomplish a measure of fellowship.However I do think God requires us to let down our internal walls and get out there among other Christian brothers and sisters.This is as area in which I continuously pray for help. I'm basically a shy person, a loner, I love spending my days in fellowship with Christ through prayer, and just plain talking with Him throughout my day!That being said, I need help in fellowship with other Christians.

Q3. (1 Corinthians 1:8-9) What gifts does God give us to ensure that we’ll continue in faith until the end? Strength, Forgiveness, Faithfulness and Fellowship

Why does each require our active participation to receive its full benefits?  If you don’t use it you’ll lose it – we are to continuously seek the kingdom of God

Which do you need to enter into more?  Prayer!  Prayer! and seeking the Will of God for direction before choosing direction on my own.

Q3. (1 Corinthians 1:8-9) What gifts does God give us to ensure that we'll continue in faith until the end?

A. 1. Strength 2. Forgiveness 3. Faithfulness 4. Fellowship

A. If we are given a gift and refuse to open it will be useless and I am sure disappoint the giver. Without participation on our part the gifts of God lay dormant and are of no value to us personally, others or God. We are stagnant, have no growth and show no fruit.

A. I of course need to enter into all of them more, but Forgiveness is the most dominant. I definitely have had difficulty in forgiving myself.

A3. There are 9 gifts noted in 1 Corinthians  12:7-10. Wisdom, Knowledge, Faith, Healing, Power to do Miracles, Ability to Prophesy, Discernment, Tongues and the interpretation of Tongues. I will say in order to ensure we continue in faith until the end, God gives us the specific gifts needed to fulfill our purpose as saints.  The bible says some are given this gift(s) and others are given that so I'm not sure if it's possible for one person to possess all 9 gifts. What is your intake on this Dr. Ralph? I believe God knows us and knows our strengths and weaknesses and will give us the specific gift needed to enhance our faith. I can't really say he gives every believer the same exact gifts as our needs may differ.  Let me know what you think Dr. Ralph.  

Without our active participation, the gifts will lie dormant and cannot flow because God has given each and everyone of us free will.  So if we choose not to operate in those gifts, it'll not be used.  

I need to work on discernment and interpretation of tongues because I come from a pentecostal background and everyone speaks in tongues but most or none is able to interpret the tongues being spoken. Discernment is also needed in my situation because as I mentioned earlier, almost everyone in my circle tends to be spiritual but some might be totally not of God but I won't know that unless I'm operating in the gift of discernment.. I don't want to fall into the sin of judging but discernment will make it clear.  

1 Corinthians 12  To some people the Spirit gives the message of wisdom. To others the same Spirit gives the message of knowledge.To others the same Spirit gives faith. To others that one Spirit gives gifts of healing. 10 To others he gives the power to do miracles. To others he gives the ability to prophesy. To others he gives the ability to tell the spirits apart. To others he gives the ability to speak in different kinds of languages they had not known before. And to still others he gives the ability to explain what was said in those languages.

Spiritual strength

Forgiveness for our sins

Unwavering faithfulness on God's part to keep us in Christ

Fellowship with Jesus Himself

Every Spiritual gift depends on our willing reception of it. We must believe wholeheartedly in God, who provides us with these gifts.

To be honest, I need more of each one. God's faithfulness is something I need in greater measure though. I very often feel totally alone and friendless and despite earnestly seeking God's help in my every day struggles, that help very often fails to materialize in a way that I can sense it. Just lately things have been going well for me and I'm actually fearful that it'll all be taken away, as has happened EVERY time in the past when I've received a blessing. It's really difficult to have faith when that faith has disappointed me at every turn for decades. I love God but sometimes I find myself questioning His Love for me. I know that's the enemy making me think like that, but there are times when I just can't take another disappointment. For years God has been giving me my daily bread and not a crumb more. And I mean that literally. Then I read God's promises in the Bible and wonder when He'll keep them with me. I tithed for years, not out of an expectation for a great blessing but willingly and cheerfully as the only ministry a divorced man with health issues can have, and I went broke doing so. I feel as though I've just come out of the wilderness.