JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. King of Kings

Q2. (19:16) What are the implications of Christ's title: "King of Kings and Lord of lords" for your life? For the everyday world that surrounds you?

Christ is the ultimate King, there is none better. The servant King who shows us how to live and give to others what they need. This requires seeing with His eyes, hearing with His ears and His heart, a wonderful impossible goal, to be more and more like Him. As for 'saving the world' He did this, He set the context for this. Who alone can rescue us from the grave, only Jesus our one true King, the only true faithful Savior.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. (19:16) What are the implications of Christ's title: "King of Kings and Lord of lords" for your life? For the everyday world that surrounds you?

For me the title "King of Kings and Lord of Lords" mean that my Redeemer is supreme to every circumstance, every situation, every struggle or battle that I might face. And because He is "King of Kings and Lord of Lords" I can, as He has asked of me, cast every care on Him and He'll take care of them all. In every thing Christ has final victory.

• 2 months later...

the implications of christ's title are quite fantastic. not only is he king of the whole universe but he is king over those on earth who figure they are the rulers and no one else such as the kings ruling in european countries, our rulers and he is the one and only true god, which means he is even the greatest king of all because he rules over other pagan gods etc., so jesus has the last, first and only power to give or to take away.

for the everyday world that surrounds us, has also been given by jesus, god and can at anytime be taken away. the world around us can only exist as long as jesus and god are in control and want it to exist.

• 2 weeks later...

Q2. (19:16)

What are the implications of Christ's title: "King of kings and Lord of lords" for your life?

For the everyday world that surrounds you?

He is the one over all, and He reigns with majesty, power, and authority. I have surrendered my life to Jesus, and I thank Him for His mercy and grace. Also for His forgiveness in having saved a sinner like me. The world should take note and read what Paul wrote, before it is too late:

• 4 months later...

He is the King of Kings! He is righteous and just; all that He does is an example for us. He never faulters. He knows what's better for us than we know for ourselves! He gives freely of Himself. My greatest prayer I can offer, is that we use Christ for our example for all we do and say!

• 1 month later...

Q2. (19:16) What are the implications of Christ's title: "King of kings and Lord of lords" for your life? For the everyday world that surrounds you?

Answer:

He is my ALL in ALL.Jesus is my ALL in ALL.He is my God,in Him all the Godhead is present..(Col 2:9-For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily).

He is Provider,He is my Healer,He is my Protector, I will fear not what man can do to me(Psalm 118:6- The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me)He will direct my everyday life,through the Holy Spirit which represents Him(Jesus),here on earth

• 3 months later...

King of Kings shows me that all authority is under Jesus. We may have symbols of authority here on Earth and we are called to obey authority here, but there is one who rules over them also and He is King of Kings and HE is head over all. The only reason they have any authority at all is because it was given to them by God and God can take it away just as easily. We are to always go to our GREAT King in times of trouble with authority figures who have turned from doing right. There you will find all true authority and One to listen to your concerns! Justice is from God and HE has all authority to meet it out.

Lord of Lords is much the same, yet here "Lordship" is (to me) having complete authority. When we say "Jesus is Lord" we proclaim He is above all. Even over our very selves. We bow to His Lordship. We submit to His rulings. Sometimes we don't like to do that, but we do anyway, knowing He has us in mind and with intended good. He's the one supreme Lord of Lords we CAN fully trust. He is faithful and true. Unlike earthly "kings" and their earthly "kingdoms".

• 1 month later...

King of Kings implies His Kingship is better and more sovereign that any earthly king that ever existed or will exist. He is above all; the one and only King who will administer justice and righteousness for those are the foundations of His throne. It also means that He is in control of our lives. He is the

King of Kings implies His Kingship is better and more sovereign that any earthly king that ever existed or will exist. He is above all; the one and only King who will administer justice and righteousness for those are the foundations of His throne. It also means that He is in control of our lives. He is the

• 2 months later...

Kings of Kings and lord of lords means to me in my everyone surrounds is that no matter what Gods is over every things. There

is no one over him this is something that I keep in my head that God is my lord of lord and my king.

• 1 year later...

Being saved by His grace and mercy, Jesus Christ is the author and finisher of MY faith. For me Christ looked over 2,000 in the future and knew He had to shed His blood for a poor sinner like me! He is the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS in my household. Without Him being the head of my life I would've been doom. For the everyday world outside of my home, the some people carry-on, I can tell He not the author and finisher of their faith. But, as for me and my household we will serve the Lord!

• 4 weeks later...

The titles King of kings and Lord of Lords is like the Alpha and Omega to me.  He is of the highest order, above all.  In the world around me, I see him in all creation.  I live in a very secluded place.  No streetlights, no traffic, no neighbors.  I see the beauty in creation all around me.  Today one of my dogs brought us home a wild turkey baby.  Still with it egg tooth.  So, it is only maybe a day old.  God created this tiny bird.  For some reason my dog brought it to us.  We will nurse it back and a neighbor from a mile away will raise it.  God is everywhere.  He is King and Lord of Lords!

• 2 weeks later...

Q2. (19:16) What are the implications of Christ's title: "King of Kings and Lord of lords" for your life? For the everyday world that surrounds you

King of Kings and Lord of lords means for me and any other that Jesus is Sovereign in all ways and everywhere in the universe.  He is the King and Lord of my life.  He has my loyality and my life.  I am at His service and I seek to obey, glorify, and serve Him as best as I can.  I take what He taught as recorded in the Bible and apply those teachings in my life seeking to identify and be a part of the Kingdom of God.

He is King and Lord and I am His servant.

• 1 year later...

Christ is the supreme ruler in my life. I have pledged my allience to Him. I try to live by His rules. I find comfort in having a relationship with Him. I know that He is in control of the world. Yes, bad things are happening to good people, but I know that there is the promise of reward. We are promised that if we live our lives as Christ like, we will be rewarded with ever lasting life. This world is just the learning grounds to get there.

I realize that Christ has given us choices and free will to do what we feel is right. He does not want us to blindly folllow Him. And I feel that no matter what happens on this planet by people who do not follow Him, Christ will be there for me. I might not understand it, but there is a reason for all that is happening today. The rulers on this planet are only temporary, and their day of judgement will come.

• 1 year later...

I know that the person in charge of this world will no longer be. Our King will rule the world truthfully and honest. We won’t have to listen to the lies that the politicians spew out of their mouths and hope of the best. We will know the best when Jesus comes back.