JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Book of Life

Q4. (20:12-15)

Here is a serious question for each of us - not one we should respond to with pat answers.

What assurance do you have that your name is written in the Book of Life?

I fully trust God and His promises. I have given my life to my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, and know I have eternal life,

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4. (20:12-15) Here is a serious question for each of us -- not one we should respond to with pat answers. What assurance do you have that your name is written in the Book of Life?

The assurance that I have that my name is in the 'Book of Life' is that I believe that Jesus is Lord. I depend on and seek His guidance in the Word. I confess that Jesus is Lord with my mouth.

Q4. (20:12-15) Here is a serious question for each of us -- not one we should respond to with pat answers. What assurance do you have that your name is written in the Book of Life?

The number one reason and the one I think is most valuable is the sacrifice Jesus has made to atone for my sins. I believe that this sacrificial act atoned for the sins of the whole world - 1 John 2:2 (KJV) And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

John 3:16 (KJV) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. . . .

Secondly, understanding that this is God's will and plan for all humanity - that none perish, but that all come to repentance - there is also the need to agree with this plan and accept it by believing in your heart (spirit) that Christ died for our sins, was buried, and was raised for our justification to participate in this salvation. . . Having agreed with and accepted this, I know my name is written in the Book of Life. . .

Romans 10:9-10 (KJV)

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Romans 10:9-10 (NLT)

9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved.

B)

• 1 month later...

Answer:

I make Jesus as my Lord and Saviour.I believe that God,our Heavenly Father has send Him to die for me and for everybody who believe(John 3;16) in Him.

Jesus become like man,live like man,and Die for the whole World(1 John 2:2).I believe that on the third day,He was resurrected,and now sit at the right hand of the Father,for HIS MONISTRY

• 3 months later...

I am saved by the blood of Christ that He shed for me. He is the final sacrifice offered for forgiveness of my sin and I accept the covering of His blood and that He is Messiah. His righteousness is now my righteousness and I am accepted into the Kingdom of God. I am Gods child.

I also bear fruit. My life is changed. The Holy Spirit is active in my life whether for encouragement or in conviction. I have come to know more and more of His grace and my heart is changed.

Oh yes, I am in the Lambs book of life! Thanks you Jesus. Thank you Father. And Thank you Holy Spirit.

• 2 months later...

The Word of God says that those who call upon Him in truth will be saved. Also we confess with our mouth and believe in our heart that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father, we receive salvation. God is the ultimate judge of mankind, who gets to enter and stay out rests in His hands solely. I believe in Jesus and the Holy Spirit in me takes me from glory to glory in the image of Him who created me. I am a partaker in His divine nature, and when I follow and abide in His word I have assurance beyond measure that I will realize salvation through Christ Jesus!

• 1 month later...

We all can assure that our name is written as long as we live by the Bible

and not by man. If we ask God to forgive us of our sin and do it from our

heart he faith to us and will forgive us he love us this must. Live by his word that

he give us. This is some of the thing that we can know that our name is written in the book of

life.

• 1 year later...

I have the assurance my name is in the book of life because I accepted Jesus the Christ as my Lord and Savior. I believe that through God grace and loving mercy for me He sent His only Son to die for my sins so I can have eternal life with Him forever. And, through God Holy Spirit, who indwell within me He is keeping me on that right path with my mind on Christ no matter what happens in my life. Christ is my King, Lord and Savior of my soul. Yes, my name is written in the book of life!

• 4 weeks later...

I know my name is in the Book of Life.  My fruit, that which I do daily to serve God and my character is what I will take to Heaven.  If here on earth we serve God and Him only our characters reflect that.  I serve the Saviour daily.  My character, I believe reflects that and shows in my deeds.

• 2 weeks later...

My assurance that my name is written in the Book of Life is based on my faith and trust that by my accepting Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior and by the grace of God I'm listed in that book.  As the Apostles taught whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.  I have given my life to Jesus.

• 1 year later...

I have very strong feelings that my name is in  the Book of Life. I have a very strong faith that has changed my whole life. I have grown to know and love the Lord so much more through my studies in the Jesus Walk Series. My path and my purpose have become clearer with the help of my congregation and a few pastors who I am honored to call friends.

• 1 year later...

The assurance that I have that I am written in the Book of Life is that Jesus died for my sins and that He rose again and is sitting at the right hand of God. I believe in Jesus Christ and his resurrection. I do know that there is nothing that I do that will get me into heaven except to believe in Jesus Christ.