JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 5 weeks later...

5. (John 1:50-51) Which aspects of Daniel’s prophecy in Daniel 7:13-14 does Jesus apply to his title as Son of Man?

He points to Himself as the same Son of Man Who approached God the Father - The Ancient of Days. He came to bring the Kingdom to earth.

When will the Son of Man complete his ministry?

When He comes again as Judge, the good and the bad. When He comes on the clouds.

Praise be to Him and that Wonderful day

5. (John 1:50-51) Which aspects of Daniel’s prophecy in Daniel 7:13-14 does Jesus apply to his title as Son of Man?

He points to Himself as the same Son of Man Who approached God the Father - The Ancient of Days. He came to bring the Kingdom to earth.

When He comes again as Judge, the good and the bad. When He comes on the clouds.

Praise be to Him and that Wonderful day

Q5. (John 1:50-51) Which aspects of Daniel's prophecy in Daniel 7:13-14 does Jesus apply to His title as Son of Man?

In Daniel's vision he saw on the clouds of Heaven One like the Son of Man coming to the Ancient of Days and being presented to Him. Jesus declares that all of them who were hearing His worlds would see Heaven opened and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of Man.. They saw this when Jesus ascended into Heaven shortly after He spoke these words, and returned to His Father.

When will the Son of Man complete His ministry?

He completed the Suffering Servant Savior portion of His ministry as God-man when He was crucified, died, was buried, rose from the grave then ascended into Heaven. (When he comes again he will come as the triumphant King of Kings and Lord of Lords!)

Q5. (John 1:50-51) 

Which aspects of Daniel's prophecy in Daniel 7:13-14 does Jesus apply to his title as Son of Man? 

Jesus was giving Nathanael a glimpse of the future when He would come back as the Son of Man and Israel’s King, and reign over all the earth. In that day, heaven will open, and the favour of God will rest upon the Him as He reigns, with Jerusalem as His capital. Jesus was saying to Nathanael that he had seen only very minor demonstrations of His Messiahship. In the future Reign of Christ, he would see the Lord Jesus fully revealed as God's anointed Son. 

Q5. (John 1:50-51) Which aspects of Daniel's prophecy in Daniel 7:13-14 does Jesus apply to his title as Son of Man? When will the Son of Man complete his ministry?

The aspects of Daniel's prophesy the Jesus applied to himself was the one Daniel said "...I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven...He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshipped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed." (Daniel 7:13-14)

The Son of Man will complete his ministry when he comes in his glory to take his own to heaven. This coming will be preceded by a trumpet blast by the Arch Angel and every ear shall hear the trumpet sound and every eye shall see him descend with angels.

Q5. (John 1:50-51) Which aspects of Daniel’s prophecy in Daniel 7:13-14 does Jesus apply to his title as Son of Man? When will the Son of Man complete his ministry?

He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed." (Daniel 7:14)

Jesus applied this title to himself 'son of man'. As far as I can tell, Jesus applied every aspect of Daniel's prophecy to himself.  And when is his ministry complete? The bible implies, that his ministry will never be complete because his dominion is everlasting and his kingdom will never be destroyed.

Which aspects of Daniel’s prophecy in Daniel 7:13-14 does Jesus apply to his title as Son of Man? When will the Son of Man complete his ministry?     

• Daniel was prophesying the future and describing the Son of Man thru a vision "at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven". He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed .  Ministry will be completed when He comes again.    

Q5. (John 1:50-51) Which aspects of Daniel’s prophecy in Daniel 7:13-14 does Jesus apply to his title as Son of Man? When will the Son of Man complete his ministry?

The aspect of Danial's prophecy 7:13-14 is that " he see's one like the son of man, coming with clouds of heaven" therefore Jesus takes the title of son of man to which he always refers to himself as thus.

Jesus, the son of man will complete his ministry when he comes back in the clouds of heaven, with power and glory. The trumpet will sound and Jesus will gather his elect from the four corners of the earth and his kingdom will last forever.    

It is not exact.  Daniel saw Christ at the right hand of the Father.  Jesus predicts that Nathaniel will see angels coming and going between heaven and earth.  Both passages show the glory of his relationship with God the Father.  It is an eternal ministry, so there will be no end, even after Judgement Day.

Q5. (John 1:50-51) Which aspects of Daniel's prophecy in Daniel 7:13-14 does Jesus apply to his title as Son of Man?

Jesus prophesied again to Nathanael, that he will see far greater things than these, that he will one day see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man; and I can’t help but believe that this Jewish man Nathanael, who Jesus said had no guile, knew the scriptures well, knew the promises God made to Israel about the coming Messiah, the King of Israel, as we read in Daniel and in Revelation:

(Daniel 7:9,13,14) Daniel prophesied, he beheld the Ancient of days did sit, (God the Father) and there are thousands and thousands ministering unto him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened, when in the night visions, Daniel saw, one like the Son of man (the Messiah, the King of Israel) he came with the clouds of heaven, and went to the Ancient of days, as they brought him before him, takes us to Rev 14:14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.

A sharp sickle represents judgment, Judgment is coming and is in the hand of the Son of man, I can hear Joel 4:9-13 in which grape harvesting and wine pressing are used as a metaphor for judgment, and Isaiah 63:1-6 in which God treads the wine vat in his fury, judgment is symbolized by the harvest at Jeremiah 51:33, and also Jesus own parable of the wheat and the weeds, where the Messiah who treads the winepress.

I believe judgment is coming not just to the world, but to America, for America “has” and “is” trampling on God’s mercy and grace.

Dan 7:14 And there was given him, the Son of man, the King of Israel, dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other." (Matthew 24:30b-31)

I believe it will be soon, but very soon, when we will see the King, when every tongue will confess, and every knee will bow before the coming Son of man, the King of Israel, the promised Messiah, who will rule therefore with a rod of Iron, that of righteousness.

Which aspects of Daniel’s prophecy in Daniel 7:13-14 does Jesus apply to his title as Son of Man? The description “Son of Man” was a Messianic title. Jesus is the One who was given dominion and glory and a kingdom. When Jesus used this phrase, He was assigning the Son of Man prophecy to Himself. The Jews of that era would have been intimately familiar with the phrase and to whom it referred. Jesus was proclaiming Himself as the Messiah. http://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-Son-of-Man.html 
When will the Son of Man complete his ministry?  Just as it says in Daniel 7, "His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.”

(John 1:50-51) Which aspects of Daniel's prophecy in Daniel 7:13-14 does Jesus apply to his title as Son of Man? When will the Son of Man complete his ministry?

"He (Jesus) was given authority, glory and sovereign power..." was applied to Jesus' title as Son of Man. The Son of Man will complete His ministry at His second coming.

The passage in Daniel 7 predicts that Jesus will be the Son of Man. This is more than just a Son of David (one man, one lineage)... I think Son of Man is a declaration of his world wide dominion, his humanity in general and his suffering to save any man on earth. Jesus comes to restore our lost inheritance as only he can.

Jesus' dominion will never end. He will claim victory and rule forever. It is God's promise to us. Jesus promises Nathaniel that he will see greater things as the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man. Jesus becomes the communication channell/the connection from Earth to Heaven. In the Old Testament, Jacob saw angels going up and down a ladder to Earth, but Jesus promises that angels will go up and down Himself... I don't know what else this could mean other than Jesus becomes the ladder. I think this is confusing for me... but it certainly was a good promise to Nathanael.

• 2 weeks later...

The versus predicts that he is the Son of God the Messiah who will rule all nations.

Jesus  will always be the Son Of God he will always be here we worship Him while we are on this earth and when we leave in death if we are one of his we will forever live with Jesus in heaven.  So his mission will go on on forever. I praise his Holy Name for giving us all that promise.

Jesus applied His position as one given given authority, glory and sovereign power; the one to whom all peoples, nations and men of every language will worship. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.  The Son of man will complete His ministry when He comes to take His Bride and oresents her to His Father.

• 2 weeks later...

Which aspects of Daniel's prophecy in Daniel 7:13 - 14 does Jesus apply to His title as the Son of man?

He was given authority, glory and sovereign power over all people and angels.

When will the Son of Man complete His ministry?

Jesus' ministry was to redeem mankind, so it will end when He returns to take the church to heaven. 

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus speaks about the heavens opening up and the angels descending and ascending around Him as God gives Him all power and dominion(Daniel 7:14 (KJV) 

14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.)  His ministry will be completed upon His second coming.

• 2 weeks later...

Q5. (John 1:50-51)

John 1:50-51 (KJV)
50  Jesus answered and said unto him, Because I said unto thee, I saw thee under the fig tree, believest thou? thou shalt see greater things than these.
51  And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.

Which aspects of Daniel’s prophecy in Daniel 7:13-14 does Jesus apply to his title as Son of Man?

one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven

Daniel 7:13-14 (KJV)
13  I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
14  And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

His dominion is an everlasting dominion.  Jesus second coming is the fulfillment of the promised but his ministry is forever.

• 2 weeks later...

"In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed." (Daniel 7:13-14)

Q5. (John 1:50-51) Which aspects of Daniel's prophecy in Daniel 7:13-14 does Jesus apply to his title as Son of Man? When will the Son of Man complete his ministry?

Jesus has all authority, all power, yet He sacrificed Himself for our sins. He tehes me to know in my heart that I must trust Him, there is no other way; that I should not look for some great thing to do,... but to obey His commandments and love others as we'd do ourselves. This level of trust it is hard to imagine, but God shows us each something different and in His own way, so personalized, there can be no mistake; follow or perish 

• 2 weeks later...

As the unique God-man, Jesus would be the ladder between heaven and earth. Jesus is not saying that this would be a physical experience (that they would see the ladder with their eyes) like the Transfiguration, but that they would have spiritual insight into Jesus’ true nature and purpose for coming.

Danial 7 verses 13 to 14 This one “who looked like a man” is the Messiah. Jesus used this verse to refer to himself (Matthew 26:64; Luke 21:27). The clouds of heaven portray the Son of Man as divine; throughout the Bible, clouds represent his majesty and awesome presence. God’s glory appeared in a cloud in Exodus 16:10 and 19:9 at the giving of the law at Sinai. His mission will end in his second coming. 

The aspects of Daniel's prophecy that Jesus applies to His title as Son of Man are, authority and sovereign power over the earth and every living creature.

The Son of Man will complete His ministry when He returns a second time. He will rule over the nations on the New Earth.

• 2 months later...

Jesus came down to earth as a man. He had given up His heavenly radiance. He had many powers that He credits to God the Father. He is able to heal, raise people from the dead, feed thousands of people with every little and to expel demons from people.

The Son of Man finished His ministry when He was on the cross and said out loud "It is finished."

• 1 month later...