JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Water of Life

Q2. Read Revelation 21:6; 22:17; and Isaiah 55:1-3. What does the "water of life" represent here and in 22:1? In what sense is it a "free gift" (22:17). In what ways should "the Spirit and the Bride" (22:17) extend that invitation in your community?

The water of life represents a giving of this essential element free and without debt. In Isaiah, he asks why we work for these things? Living with God in our hearts is as essential as water. God gives of Himself freely; He allows us to 'thirst no more' in this life - He gives us His peace concerning the future. And when others ask how we can have peace, we bear testimony that it comes from Jesus, who extends the invitation to us all and gives of Himself freely. If they have a need that we can fulfill, we do so, for His name's sake. We do our best to extend the love He so graciously gave to us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. Read Revelation 21:6; 22:17; and Isaiah 55:1-3. What does the "water of life" represent here and in 22:1? In what sense is it a "free gift" (22:17). In what ways should "the Spirit and the Bride" (22:17) extend that invitation in your community?

To sustain life in our natural bodies water is an absolute necessity

• 1 month later...

Answer:

Revelation 21:6-And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Revelation 22:17-And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Revelation 22:1- And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb

Isaiah 55:1-3-Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.

2Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.

3Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

1. Read Revelation 21:6; 22:17; and Isaiah 55:1-3. What does the "water of life" represent here and in 22:1

The Water of Life represent the ETERNAL LIFE/EVERLASTING LIFE..,that God has promised,in John 3:15-16- That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

2.In what sense is it a "free gift" (22:17).

It is a

• 3 months later...

The water of life is Salvation through Jesus Christ.

It is a free gift because salvation comes through Jesus and only through Jesus. There is no other name by which we can be saved.

The Spirit and the bride should extend this invitation to our communities because the free gift of salvation is for everyone. We, as the bride should be taking part in crying out for others to come and receive eternal life through Christ. This takes shape in various forms of evangelism and outreach and should be extended to all.

Church should never become inclusive but be reaching out.

• 2 months later...

The water of life represents the life giving salvation and eternal life that comes only from God because it flows out of Him. It is the truth of God that leads to eternal life and salvation. It represents His fullness, wholeness, completeness and when we drink of it, we become one with Him and partake of the eternal blessings that comprised in it.

The Lord gives us this free choice, it is a call to those who are thirsty and desire the true gift of life. It is free because it is God

• 1 month later...

The water of life represent the free gift of salvation that jesus have a for all you thirsty for it It is water that you will never get thirsty from It come from the throne of God and the Lamb which is Jesus.

• 1 year later...

The water of life represents the Word of God. Jesus Christ is the Word maybe flesh. All those that come to Him shall never thirst again! It is a free gift paid for by Christ blood. The Spirit and the Bride should be also offered to those in the community in order to receive eternal life.

• 1 month later...

Q2. Read Revelation 21:6; 22:17; and Isaiah 55:1-3. What does the "water of life" represent here and in 22:1? In what sense is it a "free gift" (22:17). In what ways should "the Spirit and the Bride" (2 extend that invitation in your community?          

The water of life represents God given life and connection to Him and all that implies/represents.  God has given access to Himself to anyone that will listen and receive the invitation.  To anyone who will receive the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

That invitation has been presented to the world for thousands of years by Holy Spirit filled followers of Christ.

• 1 year later...

I feel that "the water of life" here on earth is the words from the bible. They are free to who ever wants to partake in them. I also feel that we, as the church' should welcome all people into our loving embrace. We should care for them no matter what. We should offer them the salvation that we have found from this new life as a loving Christian.

In Revelation 22:1 the 'water of life" is the presence and glory of God that will be radiant and shine onto all who are worthy to be in their presence in the New Heaven.

• Pastor Ralph changed the title to Q2. Water of Life