JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q5. Coming Soon

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q5. (Revelation 22:20) If you were convinced that Jesus Christ would return in your lifetime, how would it affect your life? What would you do differently than you do now?

I am convinced that Jesus will return in my lifetime because my life is already eternal as He is my Lord and savior and by His victory at the cross, there is no death, but eternal life.

My relationship grows more richly and deeply each day. I see the thumbprint of God in everything I do. I pray His will and His will alone-forsake all that is culture, tradition, and Pharisee for His ways are not "our" ways and our ways are not His ways. It walk in His ways alone. The ways of this world cannot affect me, I walk in faith and see how the enemy uses the ways of this world. I feel no pain, I know no defeat, I trust fully and wholely on the Lord. The steps of the righteous are ordered. I repent for sins known and unknown daily for anything not done in faith is sin and I've no way of possibly knowing all things as He does - and I acknowledge Him as the supreme being. I am blessed to be His servant and He calls me friend. His glory is everywhere - his mercy is faithful. The Lord is my husband, my provider, my protector, and through him I am benefactor in the inheritance.

Blessed be the name of the Lord!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Q5. (Revelation 22:20) If you were convinced that Jesus Christ would return in your lifetime, how would it affect your life? What would you do differently than you do now?

I guess the correct answer should be that if I was convinced Christ would return in my lifetime that it wouldn't affect my life as I was already properly prepared.

In reality and more honestly the urgency would really strike home. I think my thoughts of an imminent revival on a massive scale would really happen. My part in this would be to be much bolder in evangilising the gospel.

God bless and I would like to take this opportunity to thank Pator Ralph in helping me to take this opportunity in studying Revelation. I truly believe that this study has really helped me to continue maturing as a Christian.

Best regards, your Brother in Christ,

John.

I wouldn't waste any of my time. I do spend time preparing for Jesus' return, but I could do more.

Really have appreciated Pastor Ralph's study on Revelation. It is not easy to find a good class on prophecy. I have also appreciated the comments the other students have made when answering these questions. This has been helpful to me.

• 1 month later...

What I would be doing if Jesus would return in my lifetime, I would be praying and watching and praising and watching that Jesus would find me. I would be praising his name and telling everyone that he has come just like he promised and you need to prepare to receive our guest the Lord of Lord and the King of King has returned just like he promised he would. He has come to take us home. Praise the Lord Jesus! Our day has finally come. It would be the happiest day of my life. A day I have read about, A day I have hoped for, A day I have waited for. Our Savior, Our King has come. Praise Be To God!

• 3 weeks later...

I wouold be more active in spreading His teachings and sharing with those I love and care about in order that they too would find salvation. Knowing that Christ is returning soon would build confidence as well as urgency.

• 9 months later...

If he came in my lifetime vs after my death would make no difference to me for through forgiveness and repentness grace has already given me a large piece of Heaven.

• 4 weeks later...

It would affect my life as Jesus is affecting my life right now. The fact is, we don't know when God is going to remove us from this life on this planet. Jesus said to keep watch and be ready because we don't know when He will return. Additionally, I love Jesus Christ and want to be like Him. I want to remove anything that hinters my relationship with Him or that diminishes my witness as a Christian to the community around me. I want to be a Christian man of integrity.

So, in my life I am working with the Lord daily to remove anything that takes away from my relationship with Him. Likewise, I am working with the Lord to add things that enhances my relationship with Him.

I am permitting the Lord to use me as an instrument in Kingdom building on this planet with an eye to eternity.

• 1 month later...

I know that Christ could come at any moment. I should be witnessing more and being more dedicated than I am. I should not be concerned with the petty issues of life, but should be consumed with telling the world He is on His way. I do that quite a bit but I need to "kick it up a notch". We should live everyday as if He is coming this day. Lord forgive us for our slackness.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It shouldn't affect our lives - our lives should be continually lived in that manner - as if Christ will return today. However, often we don't and we become focused on ourselves and our own situations.

I belive I wouldn't change a lot as over the last few months I have grown in Him tremondously. However, I would walk, testify with more urgency. I wouldn't ignore His voice as we can try to do when we think it will be too hard. I would spend even more time in the Word and listening to God's voice - more of Him and less of me (something I am striving for everyday)!

• 5 months later...

Yes---I am ready. To the best of my knowledge.I am looking for His return. I hope He finds me doing something good and wonderful for the poor and needy. Kingdom work. Something like feeding the homeless/hungry, visiting the nursing home or in church dancing and singing. Anything like that. I feel He would be pleased with that. At the very least, on my knees in deep sweaty prayer.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I need to start living more holy, being about the Lords business. Praying more, reaching out more, sharing the gospel with others and living according to the life of Jesus!

• 8 months later...

I am convinced that at any time now the Father could say to our Bridegroom -

Question 5 -- If you were convinced that Jesus Christ would return in your lifetime, how would it affect your life? Would you do anything differently?

Through the ages, people have thought Christ might return in their lifetime. World conditions have been Really Bad at times and Christians have thought 'it Must be close now' and Scripture says that only the Father knows exactly When He will return for the Church. But it really seems that we are in the End Times at This time. As the world and United States situations get worse, we need to be careful to not be Mad about the craziness we see. We need to be positive witnesses to others because we know Christ's return will be sooner rather than later. We need to be in the Word so we can give other's a reason for our positive attitude -- and we Should have a positive attitude. The present Health Care Reform is sparking Lots of outbursts and negativity. And we should be concerned and speak out as needed but in a Godly way.

Since I'm 60 Now -- what am I doing day by day -- reading both Old and New Testaments again -- sharing this with others. Being a positive person can be challenging but it's important. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

This is one of those great questions!!!

I'm evolving to have just that attitude; but if I was sure, I'd pray a lot more for my children to know him like I do; and I'd try to be perfect in speaking to my children and to anyone in witnessing. Perhaps I'd abandon my full time work and go into full time ministry, or make a plan to do so.

This give light to interesting reflections!

• 3 months later...

I would like to believe that Jesus Christ would return in my lifetime, and I would like to think that I a living in a "ready now" mentality. However, I pray for God's grace to be ready when He returns. I pray that I am effective in carrying out the commission that Jesus left for me, to go out and share the gospel.

• 2 months later...

if i was convinced that Jesus Christ would return in my lifetime, i would be excited but also very conscious of how i live my day to day life. i would try harder to be different in how i react to situations that normally would make me angry and try to always see situations from god's perspective. try to be a better person and always try to live as if Jesus really were coming back during our time here as this is what god meant for us to do.

Q5. (Revelation 22:20)

If you were convinced that Jesus Christ would return in your lifetime, how would it affect your life?

What would you do differently than you do now?

Nothing. I know I have been saved by the grace and mercy of our Lord. I also know I

• 4 months later...

Knowing that Jesus would return in my lifetime would be very exciting! I believe I would evangalize more than I currently do. I am not the most outgoing person; but the urgency would probably bring out needed bolness.

• 2 weeks later...

It would help me to be more focused on Him as well as the things that please Him, it would also help me to be more determined to be found doing those things that please Him only.

Although I do have a very active prayer life