JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Die in Your Sin

• 1 month later...

To die in your sins is the complete opposite of dying in Christ.  It means that you will stand alone before God to bear the responsibility, accountability, and eternal consequences of your sins.  And that is a fearsome place to stand because there can be no forgiveness, no redemption, no pardon from transgression at that point – no Savior to step in, stand before your Judge, and take on your sentence in your place.   The opportunity to repent, receive acquittal in Christ, be cleansed from sin, and have your record expunged will have passed.  It will be too late.  Because of His great love and compassion, God has forewarned us of His wrath against all sin that will be brought on all who face Him naked in their own guilt, not robed in the holiness and righteousness of Christ.  The penalty is eternal separation from Him because the unrepentant, unsaved, unforgiven person cannot go where Jesus has gone – to the Father in the glory of heaven (vs.21).

The religious leaders who set their hearts as enemies of Jesus could not receive forgiveness from Him because they refused to see the Truth right in front of them and turn to Him in repentance.  They were blinded by worldly philosophies and personal interpretation.  That rejection cost them permanent loss in eternity.  Yes, I know someone like this.  Please pray for my brother, Doug.

Q2. (John 8:21-24) What does it mean to “die in your sins”?

To die in your sins, means that you have denied that Jesus is your Savior, you have died, and are unforgiven. Instead of your sins being judged on Jesus as He hung on the cross, and wiped clean from your "slate of life"...you will be judged for them  and die under the curse of them.

What is the consequence of this?

The consequence of this choice is to spend eternity in hell...knowing that you could have received forgiveness and been in Heaven.

How is it possible for Jesus’ enemies to be speaking with the Savior from sin without receiving forgiveness from him? They are so close, but so far!

They were lost in their own self righteousness...religious but blind to Truth standing in their midst.

Do you know anyone like this?

I know many who are religious and blind...but hopefully still seeking. I don't know anyone who is quite like the arrogant religious leaders.

Q2. (John 8:21-24) What does it mean to "die in your sins"? What is the consequence of this? How is it possible for Jesus' enemies to be speaking with the Savior from sin without receiving forgiveness from him? They are so close, but so far! Do you know anyone like this?

To die in one's sin is to die without accepting and trusting in the Lord Jesus as saviour and the only source for the forgiveness of one's sin.

The consequences of this is the judgement and condemnation to be faced after death and to account for every sin committed here on earth.

Jesus'enemies trusted in their keeping the laws and their works for salvation with believing in and accepting the Lord Jesus Christ as their source of life.

I believe there are many who go to church but are just trusting in their works and church activities for salvation without accepting putting their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation. He is the only way unto salvation.

Q2. (John 8:21-24) What does it mean to “die in your sins”? What is the consequence of this? How is it possible for Jesus’ enemies to be speaking with the Savior from sin without receiving forgiveness from him? They are so close, but so far! Do you know anyone like this?

The saviour of the world was in front of their faces and yet they were too spiritually blind to see it (8:19). They did not believe Jesus and who he claimed to be. As the notes put it the Jews present in front of Jesus were looking for their salvation else where. To die in your sins means to reject Jesus and all that he claims to be and offers to mankind (8:24). The consequence of this is spiritual death. I know a lot of people like this.

(John 8:21-24) What does it mean to “die in your sins”? What is the consequence of this?

1. Unless one believe in Jesus and trust him as their savior they will die in their sins.  On judgment day you will have to answer for every sin unless your name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life.

How is it possible for Jesus’ enemies to be speaking with the Savior from sin without receiving forgiveness from him? They are so close, but so far! Do you know anyone like this? 

2.  Jesus' enemies were too busy trying to challenge his claim as being the Savior.  They were judging him by human standards.  They failed to see him as the Son of God.  Yes!         

(John 8:21-24) What does it mean to “die in your sins”? What is the consequence of this? How is it possible for Jesus’ enemies to be speaking with the Savior from sin without receiving forgiveness from him? They are so close, but so far! Do you know anyone like this? 

To die in our sins means:

(i) to die without trusting Christ as our Savior

(ii) to die without having the guilt of sins removed from us and been forgiven of our sins

The consequence is that on Judgment Day when we stand in front of the Lord Jesus we will have to answer for every one of our sins.

It is possible for Jesus' enemies not to receive forgiveness of their sins even while to speaking to Jesus because they did not believe in Him and received Him. They were still waiting for their Messiah.

Q2. (John 8:21-24) What does it mean to "die in your sins"? What is the consequence of this? How is it possible for Jesus' enemies to be speaking with the Savior from sin without receiving forgiveness from him? They are so close, but so far! Do you know anyone like this?

To die in your sins is to die without the blood of Christ to cover for you, to atone for your sins.  It means eternal separation from Christ who is our life.  It means eternity in darkness, surrounded by the pain so loved in life.

It is incomprehensible that those who waked the earth with Christ did not seek Him for He is light and love, except that we tend towards that which is familiar and are blind to the truth.

I know a couple people.

God bless

Jen

Numbers 6:24:26

Q2. (John 8:21-24) What does it mean to “die in your sins”? What is the consequence of this? How is it possible for Jesus’ enemies to be speaking with the Savior from sin without receiving forgiveness from him? They are so close, but so far! Do you know anyone like this?

If we refuse to except what Christ has done for us on the cross and his work of salvation which God the Father has accepted as a perfect sacrifice for us, then we will die in our sins. The consequence for their unbelief in Christ is eternal damnation, separation from God forever.  

Jesus enemies, the Pharisees and scribes, argued with Jesus and refused to believe in him. So Christ told them they would die in their sins.

There are many people today that are like the rulers of Jesus time were, who know of Jesus, but because the world as a whole does not believe in Christ has caused them to disbelieve. They always want more proof or a miracle to confirm their wanting faith. Some just refuse to live the way of Christ, instead they love the world and what it has to offer. After all, what would their friends think of them if they were to change thier lives, surely they would be considered religious nuts.      

1.It means to die without knowing Jesus Christ as our Savior.

2.It means you will not have eternal life with our Savior.They will forever be seperated from Christ.

3.In our study of the bible it tells us to be beliver of Jesus if we don't accept his gift  we will die in our sins.Jesus knew they would never accept Him.

4.Most people won't talk about our Lord they are ashamed of him and we know what the word says about this. They are so hung up on other worldly things they don't give him a thought. Even living in sin Jesus is there waiting for them to give their lives to him. We have a Holy God to worship and I pray no person  will miss this.

5. I know people like this they do the Lord's work but is so far from Him. We have to be a beliver in order to be a solider for Jesus Christ works will not take you to heaven.

Q2. (John 8:21-24) 

What does it mean to "die in your sins"? 

How is it possible for Jesus' enemies to be speaking with the Saviour from sin without receiving forgiveness from Him? 

They are so close, but so far! 

Do you know anyone like this?

To “die in your sins” means eternal separation from our Lord. By refusing to accept the Lord Jesus you are prevented from entering heaven, and the terrible consequence will be to die without God, without Christ, and without hope forever! God’s righteousness demands punishment for sin. Jesus’ sacrifice bears the wrath of God against sin - Jesus paid the price for our sin. When sin is punished God is shown to be a just God. We can just imagine if Christ had not come to pay the penalty for our sins, we would all be dead in our transgressions, and face eternity in hell! So God in His love, grace, and mercy devised a plan to save us from our sins. Justice is done and our Heavenly Father is shown to be a righteous God. Unfortunately there are those whose hearts are hardened who refuse to listen, and they will die in their sins: “The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned” (1 Corinthians 2:14). 

Q2. (John 8:21-24) What does it mean to "die in your sins"?

God sent his Son to light the way for man to walk, and for those who place their trust in him, they will not “die in their sins”, but will have everlasting life.

Q3. What is the consequence of this?

The consequences of sin are “DEATH”. It is sad to see in the world “TODAY” mankind dying in their sins, as we witness them trampling on God’s commandments, because their deeds are evil, they hate God’s “Light”; John tells us in 3:20 it is because they prefer to walk in their own wisdom which is evil, is why they hate the “Light” - for their works will be reproved, admonished.

The Messiah did not come the first time to condemn the world; however, there is coming a day when He will bring judgment and mankind we will understand more clearly what it truly means to “die in your sins”.

To die in your sins means to die unrepentant.  The consequence of this is hell.  To be forgiven, it was necessary for them to reform, not to continue along the same path.  Jesus so often said to people that their sins were forgiven, ‘go and sin no more’.  To be forgiven and then to continue to sin in the same way shows ingratitude.  I think most people have been like this, including myself.  It is only in recent years that I have had the strength of will power to resist temptation more firmly and keep at the forefront of my mind the importance of a transformed life.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to avoid this kind of death. To repent and fall back is dangerous; Jesus said something like: stop sinning or you don't know what will happen to you!

Its like asking for trouble, you know something and arrogantly keep the old habit. Though some say it is not an old habit if you are still doing it today.

Surrender is a daily process, and not something to be luke warm about. Be on your knees my child and think deeply how marvelous is God's love patience and mercy. Remembering that others must receive the same patience and grace from us, no matter how we feel inside. This is the transformation we beg on our knees for, all of us. For we have all fallen short, no excuses. Repent or die in these sins, which we all have. Heaven help us and praise the name of Jesus! Amen.

To "die in your sins" is to die without a trusting relationship with Christ and therefore to be all alone before the Father as objects of wrath.

The horrible consequence of this state is that we would get our wish, that is to be separated from God.

To talk and argue with Jesus is not trusting, loving and obeying Him and is not receiving Him.

I do know people in this category. It's very sad. It gives me pause. I need to witness more faithfully.

Q2. (John 8:21-24)

What does it mean to “die in your sins”?

The sin is by not believing-trusting  in Jesus. Death is by not knowing Jesus. By the mercy and grace of God through Jesus only we can have faith in him.

To die in our sins means to die without trusting Christ as Savior

We will die without having the guilt of sins removed from us and the wrath of God is on us.

And on Judgment Day we will have to answer for every one of our sins -- unless our names are written in the Grace Book, the Lamb's Book of Life where those who trust in Jesus are recorded (Revelation 21:2; 20:12).

How is it possible for Jesus’ enemies to be speaking with the Savior from sin without receiving forgiveness from him?

God hardened the heart of his enemies and we precious chosen can see how peculiar we are.

"As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world.... All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath." (Ephesians 2:1-3)

They are so close, but so far! Do you know anyone like this?

Yes, they are in this temporary world that we are living. So sad that is why we have to pray for them and understand them and wait for the perfect time of the Lord to save them maybe in the near future.

• 3 weeks later...

What does it mean to follow Christ?

This is literally "In the sin of you, you will die referring primarily to their rejection of Jesus as the Christ. This is really the unpardonable sin. Their leaders are rejecting Jesus in the presence of the great light from His words and signs.

As a soldier follows his captain, so we should follow Christ, our commander. As a slave follows his master, so we should follow Christ, our Lord. As we follow the advice of a trusted counselor, so we should follow Jesus’ commands to us in Scripture. As we follow the laws of our nation, so we should follow the laws of the Kingdom of Heaven.

• 2 months later...

Not everyone that calls themselves Christian have been given the salvation of God from their sins. They do not have the faith in God and Jesus that is needed. They do not really believe in Jesus or what he has done for us. They have not tried to live in the ways of love and forgiveness. They are still of this world. Because of this, when they die, they are going to be denied eternal life.

As said before, people must believe that Jesus is the messiah to have received eternal life and forgiveness of their sins. Just because you come in contact with Jesus, it did not mean instant forgiveness or salvation. A person must get a blessing to be made new.

I fear that I know too many people like this. Some are church elders. One is actually studying to be a minister. It really bothers me to see them in the positions they are in and without true faith to actually guide their actions in trying to lead a church.

• 1 month later...

Q2. (John 8:21-24) What does it mean to "die in your sins"?  What is the consequence of this? How is it possible for Jesus' enemies to be speaking with the Savior from sin without receiving forgiveness from him? They are so close, but so far! Do you know anyone like this?

Refusing to accept Christ Jesus as your Lord and Savior is to die in your sin and to die in one’s sin is to die unforgiven, damned for eternity and deemed to be unfit for His kingdom.

These were self-righteous men who either didn’t recognize, or didn’t care about their own sin, they were too intent upon mocking Jesus.  If you don’t care, or can’t see your own sin, you can never repent and acknowledge your separation from God.  These were earthly men who put all their trust in themselves and steadfastly refused to acknowledge the truth that stood before them.  1 John 2:15 tells us exactly why they didn’t receive forgiveness; Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.”  If the love of the Father isn't in us, we can never, ever hope to be forgiven.

• 2 years later...

To die in our sins means that you don’t have anybody to stand up for you on the judgment day and that you will not be in the presence of God for eternity. The only way that I know for an enemy of Jesus to speak with the Savior from sin without receiving forgiveness is because he doesn’t believe is him.

• 7 months later...

It means to be walking in complete darkness and not knowing Christ at all and not knowing what sins you have committed. The consequences of this are eternal separation from God forever. They didn't want to recognize their sins; they thought the law justified them. When in truth if you broke one of them you broke them all. Yes, quite a few people. People who are Catholics who say they keep the commandments but don't realize that is not how they get to heaven. 

• 1 year later...

1.    Q2. (John 8:21-24) What does it mean to "die in your sins"? To “die in my sins” means dying before I accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior, believing in him, and repenting of my sins-God forbid!

2.    What is the consequence of this? The consequence of “dying in one’s sins” means that they have paved their way to spend eternity in hell with Satan.

3.    How is it possible for Jesus' enemies to be speaking with the Savior from sin without receiving forgiveness from him? It is possible because they judged Jesus by earthly standards of the flesh. “You are not even 50”. As a result, they hardened their hearts against receiving the truth that would set them free.

4.   They are so close, but so far! Do you know anyone like this? Yes. I know somebody who was fed the poison of Communism during the heyday of the Soviet Union.

• 1 year later...

The great sin is rejecting Jesus as the Messiah,  God incarnate.  This involves cutting oneself from the One who is light and life.  A very serious transgression inderd-rejecting the Son who has come from the Father.

The Prophet Ezekiel eloquently writes about the consequences of rebellion.   God will send delusions their way due to consistent and willfull rebellion.  In John's Gospel. the Jews have rejected the 'I am'; they have rejected the truth.  A very serious charge !  They die in their sin and cannot go where Jesus is going---back to heaven.

The profound doctrine of predestination comes to my mind. The unbelieving Jews could not enter eternal life.  Christ was from above while their physical father was Abraham; however, their spiritual father was the devil.

Very sad...I have witnessed to relatives and fellow students when I was in college----listening but not listening.   Here in NYC,  many churches-people are cynical.   Tragic indeed.  Quite common amongst nominal church people,   they cannot fathom that they need to be born again.   My former math teacher, a Roman Catholic nun, would tell my fellow students about the crucial need to receive Christ as personal Saviour.   She was a nun for many years.  She was made fun of--so tragic---if only they listened !

• 9 months later...

Q2. (John 8:21-24) What does it mean to "die in your sins"? It means to die without having come to Christ and accepted His pardon for my sins. Clinging to the sins instead of letting them go and clinging to our Saviour.

What is the consequence of this? The consequence of this is eternally separated from God.

How is it possible for Jesus' enemies to be speaking with the Savior from sin without receiving forgiveness from Him? They were blinded and refused to believe that He was indeed the long awaited Messiah. The GIFT He offers needs to be accepted. It is no use if we do not accept Christ's offer of forgiveness and redemption.

They are so close, but so far! Do you know anyone like this?  Much prayer is needed and wisdom as to how to approach them, to not turn them away but rather pray that their eyes be opened to the truth, so they too can be forgiven. Unfortunately there is much hypocrisy.