JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Protecting the Sheep

• 1 month later...

Q4. (John 10:27-30) In the world of shepherds, who would try to "snatch" a sheep?

Wolf, lions or other predators. Thieves.

Who would try to "snatch" a Christian if he could?

The "roaring lion who prowl", the father of lies, Satan.

What promise of absolute security are we given? We are protected and will receive eternal live

How does that assure you?

What a great prospect. Praising Christ eternity

(John 10:27-30) In the world of shepherds, who would try to “snatch” a sheep? Who would try to “snatch” a Christian if he could? What promise of absolute security are we given? How does that assure you?

In the world of shepherds and sheep, wolves would try to snatch the sheep. In this world, satan would try to snatch Christians. We are given the promise of absolute security in John 10: 28 - 29 - "I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand." It is extremely reassuring. Praise God!

Q4. (John 10:27-30) In the world of shepherds, who would try to “snatch” a sheep?

A thief or an animal seeking to devour the sheep.

Who would try to “snatch” a Christian if he could?

Our enemy...who came to kill, steal and destroy.

What promise of absolute security are we given?

"I give them eternal life and they shall never lose it or perish throughout the ages. To all eternity and they shall never by any means be destroyed. And no one is able to snatch them out of My hand." John 10:28

I have nothing to fear. I'm secure in my Savior-Shepherd's mighty Hand. I love Isa. 41:10: "Fear not, there is nothing to fear for I Am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed for I AM your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will retain you with My victorious right hand of rightness and justice."

(John 10:27-30) In the world of shepherds, who would try to “snatch” a sheep? Who would try to “snatch” a Christian if he could?

1.  Predator, wolf, thief , bandit, hireling, demon, or demon would try to "snatch" a sheep.  Our enemy, Satan,  would try to "snatch" a Christian if he could.

What promise of absolute security are we given? How does that assure you? 

2.  We are given the promise of eternal life.  We will suffer on earth but our souls cannot be harmed by Satan.  I am assured that following Jesus he will guide and protect me and I will have eternal life. 

Q4. (John 10:27-30) In the world of shepherds, who would try to “snatch” a sheep? Who would try to “snatch” a Christian if he could? What promise of absolute security are we given? How does that assure you?

In the worlds of shepherds the person who would try to snatch or steal a sheep would be a wolf, thief or a demon.

The only person who would try to snatch away a Christian would be a person teaching a false gospel and of course Satan if he could.

As a Christian the promise of absolute security is the fact that Jesus stated only those who are given to Him by the Father are His and no one can snatch them from His Fathers hands, because the Heavenly Father is absolute in His authority.

That assures me as a Christian that even though I'm not perfect and live in a sinful world, Jesus has shed His blood for me on the cross and has provided the perfect sacrifice that has satisfied the Fathers' acceptance for my redemption. I also know that the Heavenly Father has chosen me to be a co-heir with Christ and have life eternal with them in the Heavenly Kingdom.    

Q4. (John 10:27-30) In the world of shepherds, who would try to "snatch" a sheep?

A thieve or wild animal will try to snatch a sheep.

The devil will try to snatch a Christian through temptation and other subtle ways of enticement in oder to lead to sin.

Jesus has assured us that no one can steal us away from him because the Lord God that gave us to him is very strong to protect and deliver.

This assurance of protection should give and all Christians confidence o live trusting in the protection promised us.

Q4. (John 10:27-30) In the world of shepherds, who would try to “snatch” a sheep? Who would try to “snatch” a Christian if he could? What promise of absolute security are we given? How does that assure you?

A thief or predator would snatch a sheep away (v12). Jesus says that the sheep who belong to God will never be snatched away (v14, 29). He is the good shepherd and lays his life down for the sheep, but takes his life up again (v18).

The devil uses other people to influence christians. For example people who preach false doctrine and teaching. He (the devil)..."is a liar and the father of lies" (John 8:44). The devil also uses others to murder christians (many christian people are killed in muslim countries for example (www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/ChristianAttacks.htm).

However, Jesus said: "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell" (Matthew 10:28). Jesus also said "Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows" (Matthew 10:21)- not one sparrow falls apart from the fathers will.

​A predator of the animal kingdom  or thieves would try to steal the shepherds sheep.

A nonbeliever in Christ or Satan who is the devil, a roaring lion seeking all he can devour would like to snatch a Christian, all Christians.

Verse 28  of John says" And I give them eternal life,  and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My Hand."

We were not saved on our own and we are not kept on our own.  It is all by the work of the Holy Spirit by the grace of God that we have absolute security. Jonah 2:3 says "Those who cling to worthless idols forfeit the grace that could be theirs."  How foolish to cling to other than God's grace.

God Bless!

Jen

Romans 15:13

Q4. (John 10:27-30) 

In the world of shepherds, who would try to "snatch" a sheep? 

The thief would try to snatch a sheep for purely selfish reasons, to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. For the same evil reasons Satan would try to snatch a Christian. But our Lord and Saviour Jesus does not come to the human heart for any selfish reason. He comes to give, not to get – He gives life and even everlasting life at that! As believers we are such a privileged people, blessed beyond what we can imagine. We have this total assurance of our security in the Lord – “no-one can snatch them out of My Father’s hand.” What more can we ever ask or hope for? Thank you Lord! 

In the world of shepherds, attempts to snatch a sheep would come from thieves and robbers.  The ultimate thief that Jesus identified as the one who would try to snatch a believer from the Good Shepherd if he could is satan, who stalks us as prey like a roaring lion.  The wonderful assurance that this is literally IMPOSSIBLE is Jesus’ promise that no one and no thing can snatch us from the mighty unbreachable hand of God as we are jointly held by the Father and the Son.  Hallelujah!  He is the only One who could save me, and He has promised to keep me as His own for eternity.

In the world of shepherds either a carnivorous animal or a human thief would try to snatch a sheep.  Those who feel threatened by Christianity would try to snatch a Christian.  This can be members of family or society.  Elsewhere (in Matthew and Luke) Jesus says that he expects division even within families.  This strikes at the root of human security.  Our security can only come through faith in God.  We are told this repeatedly in the Gospels and Epistles.  Ultimately we are assured of eternal life if we remain faithful.

1.Robbers wolves in sheep clothing try to steer us clear of Jesus Christ. Just like shepherds protect his sheep Jesus protects his people from eternal harm.

2. Satan is always throwing things at us trying to lead us away from Jesus.

3. If we choose to follow Jesus He will give you everlasting safety. Choose Jesus Christ over everything in your life it will change for the better.

4. If Jesus is for us who can be against us. I turn all over to my Savior he will always be with us if we are with Him.

• 2 weeks later...

Q4. (John 10:27-30) In the world of shepherds, who would try to "snatch" a sheep? Who would try to "snatch" a Christian if he could? What promise of absolute security are we given? How does that assure you?

Only those led by the devil would try to lea us to follow the prince of the world, to follow to sin and worldly pleasures that we need to avoid. So many distractions, on television they are continual. Always seeking more, always seeking this that will spoil and rust. We can never overcome this on our own. To think so is foolish. Seek Him, hear his voice, ask other trusted Christians. Admit that it is along road to learn His voice, a long road that is to develop better trust. Se recall that even belief is a gift from the Father, likewise faith as it grows is another give. And recognizing we are weak and poor in spirit compared to HIM. We have the gift or repentance

Such wonderful things we are given, and don't deserve them. God's love is amazing, and so big and wide and deep. We can never fathom it all in this life. But we can seek HIM, and share with others who do the same, in this study, in church and in the streets. Only by obeying can we feel His love and peace. Being human, we will have moments of failure; but we have the blessing of repentance, offered many times to us by Jesus and in the old testament. By studying and digesting His Words and those of the Living Word, we know we have security and blessed assurance in a wonderful relationship that is everlasting if we seek it and believe.  

• 4 weeks later...

In the world of shepherds, who would try to “snatch” a sheep?

Predator and thief.

Who would try to “snatch” a Christian if he could?

The hireling, the demon, and the devil.

We were given eternal life, we will not taste death, no one can ever take us away from him.

Better than I deserved.

• 2 weeks later...

Q4. (John 10:27-30) In the world of shepherds, who would try to "snatch" a sheep? Who would try to "snatch" a Christian if he could? What promise of absolute security are we given? How does that assure you?

Just as a shepherd protects his sheep, Jesus protects his people from eternal harm.

The devil would like to snatch Christians, but Jesus will protect us. While believers can expect to suffer on earth, Satan cannot harm their souls or take away their eternal life with God. The true believer are safe and secure in Christ Forever. There are many reasons to be afraid here on earth because this is the Devil’s domain (1 Peter 5:8).

But if you choose to follow Jesus, he will give you everlasting safety. Personal assurance and the enjoyment of my so-great salvation depends on my knowledge of the absolute certainty of the promises of God.

Safe am I, Safe am I, in the hollow of His hands Jesus Christ

Every believer is safe and secure and protected in Christ, but not every believer realizes and understands his safety and security as well as he should. The more I realize how safe and secure I am in Christ, the more assurance I will have and the more I will be able to enjoy my relationship with Christ.

• 2 months later...

Other shepherds would try to steal the sheep of people to grow their own herds. There would also be people who wanted to slaughter the sheep for food or sacrifice in the temple.

Evil entities would try to "snatch" the Christian. The Pharisees would want to keep them under their Jewish rule. Today, people who worship material objects are the ones that we have to worry about.

Jesus told us that we belong to him. We were given to him by God the Father. There is no one above the Father. Jesus and the Father are one. So nobody can take us away from him. That is one strong statement. And I know that no matter what trials and tribulations I face, Jesus is there for me. He loves me. He actually gave up his life to get me.

• 1 month later...

A wolf.

Satan.

Jesus said, “I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.”  Jesus’ use of the double negative, ou mē emphasizes the impossibility of the devil being able to snatch us away from Him.

• 1 year later...

Just like wild animals, thieves and robbers snatch sheep in order to gain something for themselves, in the same way are people used by satan. Unbelievers would like to convince believers that their faith is wrong or over the top because their consciences are irritated and uncomfortable. 

Sects and false teachers will try to snatch Christians in order to boost their numbers or have financial gain.

We are so safe in the Father's hand.

• 1 year later...

In the world of shepherds, wolfs, thieves, and anything that wanted to devour them would try to “snatch” them. The devil would try to “snatch” a Christian if he could. Jesus has promised that nobody can snatch his sheep from his hand. I know that no one can snatch me from the Masters hand.

• 7 months later...

In the world of shepherds, wolves, lions, and thieves would snatch them. The devil would try and snatch a Christian if he could. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch out of My Father's hand. It shows me that God is able to protect me from the devil's constant attacks. 

• 2 years later...

Those of anti-christ spirit (Zechariah 11:15-17 ; John 5:43).   There will be a last-day imitator of the true Shepherd, the Antichrist. Today there are so called preachers of various Church backgrounds and somehighly educated that are in serious doctrinal errors.  The naive accept their falsehoods; seminaries that used to be Orthodox and evangelical are now training people to spread errors and deceive the elect of God.  God will allow this chief false Shepherd to deceive and rule so that the Jewish people will come to learn to appreciate the true Good Shepherd. 

Today the world the flesh and the devil try to deceive the Christain.  There are so called ministers that Jesus is the Christ.  They don't accept that Christ is the Son of God, Son of Man.  They are basically Unitarian Universalists though they claim to be members of a Catholic or a Protestant denomination.

I love Psalm 121.   God is my keeper and preserver.   We have a tenfold promise of help from Yahweh.  Those words..."the Lord is your shade upon thy right hand" speak eloquently of Christ our Shepherd.  What a deep assurance that I have today !  There are 24 qualifications for a true Shepherd according to Jeremiah 3:15; 23:4-28; 2:8; 10:21; 12:10).  No false teacher nor all the United forces of men, fallen angels, and all enemies can snatched me out of God's hand; I have no fear.

• 8 months later...

In the world of shepherds, who would try to "snatch" a sheep? Wild animals (predators), like wolves and lions, and thieves would try to snatch a sheep.

Who would try to "snatch" a Christian if he could?  The devil will try by deception to lure away a Christian, by using false teachings which seem so true and right.

What promise of absolute security are we given?   We are promised eternal life and that no one can snatch those who the Father has in His hand and given to the Son, out of the Son's hand. That sure is double absolute security if there ever was any.

How does that assure you?  There is nothing to fear. I am safe for all eternity. Praise be to God. Hallelujah!!!!  WHAT A SAVIOUR.