JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Holiness

Holiness is being perfect, without stain or wrinkle or blemish and for me i have not yet attained holiness but am trying with giving to the needy and loving the disabled. I need to be submissive to the voice of the spirit in all circumstances to attain holiness. My biggest struggle with holiness is lack of love for those who hurt me severely.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. (1:15-16) In your own words, how would you define "holiness"? In what sense are you (by definition) holy now? In what sense must you be obedient in order to become holy? What is your biggest struggle with holiness?

Holiness, come from our Holy Spirit as christian when we live with our God.

Holiness is no more sorrow, make us be free. 

Now we must  know someone  give us Holiness life, know only to Holy spirit communication our Problem.

We know our sin, believe our Holy Spirit around us, prepare and make our relationship with Him, sometimes is better or not. 

I think we need time to learn from galatien 5:22-26. Is my biggest struggle. 

Amin

Q2. (1:15-16) In your own words, how would you define "holiness"? In what sense are you (by definition) holy now? In what sense must you be obedient in order to become holy? What is your biggest struggle with holiness?

Holiness is the quality of being set apart for God.

I am Holy because I am set apart by God. I am one of the elect that is called by God to worship Him, to serve him, and to love him.

We can only become Holy by being set apart by God for his service. God has known us from the beginning of time and will hold us in his loving arms through eternity.

Holiness can only be accepted from God. Holiness is like a blanket spread out over Us by the righteousness of Jesus Christ. Our biggest problem is not a to kick off the robe of righteousness.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2004 at 1:29 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Holiness is living a life pleasing to God after he has redeemed me. 

I am holy now because of the blood of Jesus applied to my life.  I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. 

As the Holy Spirit leads and guides me in what is a no and what is a yes, what to watch, what to say, where to go, etc and I am obedient to His leading. 

In the beginning there were some shows I wanted to watch but as I asked the Lord to renew my mind, things changed and I did not desire to watch those shows anymore.  I do have struggles at times but believe it is an ongoing work in our lives by the Holy Spirit.

Holiness means to be holy and morally pure.

I am holy now only by His grace and mercy. 

I must be obedient to His word and then I am holy.

My biggest stuggle right now is wanting to drink a corona. I dont want to be a stumbling block to anyone. I am asking God to take this from me. And sometimes I lie about work. I have improved greatly on this as well. Thank you Lord!

• 3 weeks later...

Holiness -  we are made holy by the grace of God by accepting Jesus Christ as our personal savior, our sins are washed by the blood of Jesus and made Holy.

I am holy because I accepted Jesus and by baptism my sins are washed and I am born again new, this holiness I maintain by walking the way holy spirit leads me.

I am obedient by living according to the word of God, living according to His will and according to His laws.

My biggest struggle with holiness is to win the fight over the body with the help of holy spirit, temptations  because body always seeks pleasure, relaxation and makes me lazy not allowing to do spiritual works of God. 

• 2 weeks later...

To be holy is to be set apart from the unholy--dedicated to Jesus Christ.

I have been saved and my life is not my own.  Jesus' blood covers me.

Holiness comes as we obey what God set down for us through Jesus.

My struggle is with business--choosing hobbies that take away time to serve Him!

a.  Holiness is to beset aside for the service of God.  It means to accept long suffering-forgetting about those crocket deeds that you depend on for living and looking up to God alone.

b.  We must refrain from conforming to the pattern of this world.  Let us  live our lives in Christ.

c.  My biggest struggle sexual desire.

• 2 weeks later...

Holiness in one simple word is god-likeness.  By definition  I am holy because Christ lives in me and through the power of the Holy Spirit I am living and walking by faith.  I must be faithful in obedience to the Word of God to maintain holiness  Indeed, the biggest obstacle to being holy is the struggle to be accepted by everyone bordering on conforming)

• 6 months later...

Holiness to me mean pure,I am call out from amongst them the verse tell us that we shall be pure as he is pure.                                                                                                                                                                By definition I am holy now because all manner of my conversation are a thing of the past,I have taken on a different conversation.                                                                                                           I must  be obedient to the voice of the Lord and do what he want me to do in order to be holy.                                                                                                                                                                           My biggest struggles with holness come on the job, where I am in constant struggles with listening to the people on the job and doing what they want, and still listening to the                         voice of God and doing things which is pleasing to him. i always have to thank him for directing me in these trying times.

• 2 years later...
On 1/30/2004 at 12:29 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

In my own words, holiness is defined as set apart from the common.  Believers are holy now since we are indwelt with the Holy Spirit and also elect.  This holiness comes to life as we have good works.  

My biggest struggle with holiness is that sometimes being set apart means that my lack of faith can sometimes lead me to be set adrift.  

• 3 weeks later...

In your own words, how would you define "holiness"? In what sense are you (by definition) holy now? In what sense must you be obedient in order to become holy? What is your biggest struggle with holiness?

Holiness is set apart from the wordly desires. I am Holy by not persuing the world and what it offers. I become obedient by looking at my own self and not persue ****, greed, envy and all those sins.

My biggest struggle is when the demons attack me cuz of my current situation of being bipolar/schizophrenia which im guessing is demon possession or relative.... so i struggle when i sleep when they give me lustful dreams that have nothing to do with my intention or my own thoughts and works for God. 

• 3 years later...

I read through a few of these answers and was struck by how infrequently we mentioned the word, "sanctification." In my understanding, sanctification is the process of being made holy. It's initiated by God, actuated by the Spirit within us, and contingent on our own willingness to submit humbly to the pain and suffering that sanctification requires.

So, holiness would be the end product or goal of sanctification.

Am I holy now? No. I may be made holy at my death before God, forgiven of all sins on a continual basis, but my character ... my inner "man" is not holy. 

Sanctification won't happen unless we let it happen. We have to defer. Submit. Obey. Only then will we be changed into His likeness. 

My biggest struggle with holiness is less behavioral than mental. My mind is always in overdrive. I can't stop it. Sometimes it goes down paths of anxiety and depression and it's difficult to reverse direction.