JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Value

:rolleyes:

I can't say there has been a time when I felt completely worthless, but there certainly have been times in the past where I have felt inferior. But the word of God says that I have been redeemed, purchased by the precious blood of Jesus. He had to love me so much to pay the price and buy me back.

It show His great love for mankind (me). because it was the ultimate price He paid for me.

He paid a debt for me I could never pay. The balance sheet says "paid in full" My financial assets are too numerous to mention. Every promise in His word is mine.

My long term investments are that I am completely dedicated and consecrated to His service as long as I live.

I could never repay Him for what He has done for me, but I am so thankful and I love Him so much that I want to serve him always.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever felt you were of no worth or of no value? What does 1 Peter 1:18-19 say about your worth? What does it say about God's love for you? What does it indicate about the long-term value of your balance sheet and financial assets? What are your true long-term investments? Why?

4:1 ABSOLUTELY! This is a struggle for me when I take my eyes of Christ and focus on my circumstances and failures. Those times I begin to see the mess I woud be in were it not for Chirst's work in my life. When I get my eyes back on what is to be my focus, I see how precious I am to Christ.

4:2 Just that I am more precious than the most precious things here on earth...and so much more. Chirst gave His life for me LONG before I stepped foot on this planet so that when I did I cold know God personally. He cared enough to die for me when He could have walked away.

4:3 That is it PURE, that it is PERFECT, that it is LONGSUFFEREING, that it is UNCONDITIONAL, that it is EVERLASTING, that it is something I thank God for every day I live, and pray my life will reflect the great price that was paid for it.

4:4 A youth pastor friend once told me there are only two things that we can "take with us" when we pass from this life to glory: God's Words and men's souls. That is where my long term investments lie. To learn God's Word and place it in my heart. Why? Because "I have hidden God's Word in my heart that I might not sin against You." And work to share the truth of God's salvation and love with each person I meet. To make them hungery and thirsty for the change God has made in my life.

4:4 My earthly wealth is for work here. To invest in the kingdom, to be a good steward, and to be used to further God's work here on earth...but it is of no value beyond this life, and definately nothing in the scope of ehaven and eternity.

There are times in life when you are treated like something worthingless or at least circumstance forces you to thinks so. Peter states that we of great worth in God's sight and that it costed Him the blood of His only Son to purchase us from our empty way of life. This gives me the indication that I must be very valuable, of eternal value in God's sight because only precious and long-lasting things are bought at high price. But I am not a 'thing', so I have been bought with the precious blood of the Lamb which is more costly than silver or gold!

Q4. (1:18-19) Have you ever felt you were of no worth or of no value? What does 1 Peter 1:18-19 say about your worth? What does it say about God's love for you? What does it indicate about the long-term value of your balance sheet and financial assets? What are your true long-term investments? Why?

We were made of tremendous worth only by the sacrifice of our Lord and Savior for each of us who ask for forgiveness--and accept it! Not by something perishible, but with His precious love and blood He willing shed for us! How could anyone love us that much!? We sin, we forget Him, we do so much that gives Him pain--without the terrible pain of separation from His Father as well as the physical pain He suffered! It boggles the mind to think of the depth of such love!

Balance shee and assets? What do they count for? They are left behind when we walk out the door of this life into eternity! If they were not used for the needy in this life, they are worth nothing!

True long-term investments are what we do in the love of Christ for His needy children on this world, as long as we live. Why? Because that translates into the life eternal for us. The song, "Will there be any stars in my crown?" speaks of the eternal results of what we do--or don't do--in this life.

Q4. (1:18-19) Have you ever felt you were of no worth or of no value? What does 1 Peter 1:18-19 say about your worth? What does it say about God's love for you? What does it indicate about the long-term value of your balance sheet and financial assets? What are your true long-term investments? Why?

It is amazing to me that God loves us so much that He would give something beyond value for us. There's nothing greater that He could have done. There is nothing more perfect that He could have done. The only investments worth having are those that glorify God. That's our purpose both now and forever.

Have I ever? YES! But 1 Peter:18-19 has made me realize our real worth. Our worth is no match with silver or gold. God loves and treasures our soul so much that He redeemed us by the priceless blood of the lamb. Now that's a very strong indication of God's love for us. God has made an invaluable investment through His one and only begotten Son into our lives. For a greater return, on our part, we should tap into these resources (salvation) as for our eternal investment!! Forget about financial assets.

No, because I knew my body was full of minerals and that God made me in HIS image. I am precious in His sight.It doesn't matter how much money you have it will not get you into heaven . You have to have a relationship with Christ who sits at the right hand of the Father in intercession for us. No amount of money can buy you a ticket.You must be washed in the blood of the Lamb. Saved and sanctified. Spread the Word so others will want to be Heaven bound too.

Have you ever felt you were of no worth or of no value? I used to think that often.

What does 1 Peter 1:18-19 say about your worth?

Christ ransomed me, God had provided for my salvation before the world was even formed, for my sake.

What does it say about God's love for you?

God loves His child, me and wants my salvation and has always wanted it for me.

What does it indicate about the long-term value of your balance sheet and financial assets?

All good things come from God and no one has enough to money or possesions to pay for their own salvation, Only the precious blood of Christ could do that.

What are your true long-term investments? My investments are in my spiritual well being hoping and praying to continue to walk in the Light of God.

Why? Why, would one ever not want eternal life, and the love of Christ. To not do so is death!

Yes, I have felt worthless.

My worth is precious and valuable as the Lambs'.

Gods' love is so precious for us in order that we would never be separated from Him, He gave us Jesus to bare the separation and suffering for us.

They are worthless

Faith in Jesus, for He is our only hope. :lol:

I have of couse felt that I am nothing and without the Lord I am. What have I to offer anyone? Absolutely nothing. But God saw the potential in me and and also anyone who will come to Him. Thus Jesus gave His life a ransom for me. How much am I worth? The price tag has written on it"JESUS"! He shed his blood for me and paid the price of redemption. Thank you Jesus for the Cross and the sacrifice you gave.

My investment in in eternal things. Lay not up treasures on this earth, the Bible says, but in Heaven. Credit to my account what Jesus did. You can mark it PAID IN FULL! Hallelujah!

I ASKED MYSELF MANY TIMES, MY PURPOSE HERE IN THIS LIFE. ME A GREAT SINNER. GOD ANSWERED. I'M A BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN. I HAVE PURPOSE, AND HONORING GODS SON JESUS CHRIST EVERYDAY HAS LED ME OUT OF THE DARKNESS IN TO THE LIGHT OF SALVATION. "

PETER SAYS "GOD GAVE HIS ONLY SON FOR US" THAT MAKES US "PRICELESS"

GOD'S LOVE HAS NO BOUNDRAIES

SALVATION, AND ETERNAL LIFE WITH HIM...

THAT IS PURPOSE ENOUGH, DON'T YOU THINK?

BLESSINGS......

Q4. (1:18-19) Have you ever felt you were of no worth or of no value?

Yes, before I knew that God existed or Jesus entered my life. There is no meaning or purpose to existence without knowing God. I never encountered such pure love as from God. In my opinion it is love that gives a person their worth and value. God's presence in my life gives me purpose to my life and reason for my existence and for living thus giving me great worth and great value.

What does 1 Peter 1:18-19 say about your worth?

One Peter says our worth and value is greater than the most precious metals, gold and silver which man esteems and gives great monetary value to in this world and, by which countries barter and use these precious metals as measures of universal standards in the economic marketplace.

But God says our value and worth is much more precious than what is highly valued in this world. God puts mankind as highest value above all things he created.

God says that our value and worth is so great he sent his Son, Jesus, and had His Son sacrifice His life on a cross and shed His blood so Jesus' precious blood would cover us, cleanse us, purify us and purchase us, to unite us back to the Father, our Creator. That is how great is our value and worth is, done out of love for us, his creation - mankind.

What does it say about God's love for you?

God love is so great for me (us) that he sent His Son and sacrificed his Son who willingly died for me (us) as the Father asked Him to, on a cross so that we may live forever and have life and be united back to God. In his love for me, He gave me His Son's precious blood to cover me. He sent to me (us) what is most precious to Him, His Son and offered him as a sacrifice so my (our) sin would be forgiven so I (we) may be united to God who is holy and pure and like his Son spotless without blemish I will become.

His love as Father and Creator is so great that He gave His Son to me, so I (we) may experience His love for me. A gift of love is what God gave me, Jesus, so I (we) may have the Father's love with me (us) on earth until I (we) reach home and for all that are willing to accept His Son the gift is for all.

God's love and His Son's blood have the highest worth and value that outweighs anything this world has to offer. It is His Son's precious blood he gave for me to cover me, so that my sins are forgiven and I may be united back to Him, my Father as once man was, before the fall. That is the great love the Father and His Son has for me.

Jesus' love is so great for me (us) and which is like the Father's love for me (us), the same love, that he willingly sacrificed his life on earth being an innocent victim of man. He lay down his life for me at the Father's request, doing the Father's will. Both the Father and the Son have shown their great love for me willing to do what they both did to win me back from the enemy. Their love for me is geniune and protective and they are willing to go to battle for me, to daily fight for my soul. God's love is genuine and protecting till the end, until I am in His Kingdom eternally.

It says, God's love is genuine. He created me and will never abandon me and has not abandoned man throughout all the centuries but provided and protected throughout history. It says, God's love is, goodness and pureness. For it is not an empty life but abundant life he intends and intended and wants for all to have. What he intended in the beginning will be when his plan comes into fulfillment for me (us), paradise again and forever.

It says His love is unchanging and forever will be. God is faithful, true, unchanging and eternal so is His love then. If he is love and we are to be in his image, then we will become love. I was loved even in my sinfulness thus His love is unconditional and as was from the beginning for all, and is to the end for eternity and will be when He comes again.

I think of a mother bear and her cubs. If her cubs are endangered by an enemy that is lurking and prowling nearby, by instinct she will do what she can to eliminate what is endangering her little ones. I think of God, our Father, Abba, his love is so great for his children that in his plan of fulfillment of our salvation, he will eliminate all predators forever, that is the enemy in the final judgment. God's love for us is shown in his protective nature for us, for His children today, yesterday and for tomorrow. His love provides us with battle gear, armor and his shield of faith up until the last days and for eternity. It says that God's love is paternal, genuine, pure, protective and eternal.

What does it indicate about the long-term value of your balance sheet and financial assets?

I am precious and have rare value in this world. I am worth more than anything this world has to offer, I am priceless. I am purchased and owned by the Father, God. I have an inheritance that entitles me to riches beyond this world. These riches are not of what earth has but of greater and endless value. These riches are non-comparable to the most precious esteemed treasures man has placed in this world. I am rich beyond worldy measure. My Jesus, is King and I am an heir. Monetary value has no meaning in the Kingdom of God and not a measure of riches. So, I live to give all I have in monetary value and keep what I need to live upon while my time here for God's greater glory for others. Money has no value, it is people that has the greatest value in this world.

My long-term value is priceless. My financial assets are uncontainable and beyond worldy measure when we believe.

What are your true long-term investments? Why?

My true long-term investment is placing all have and all I own into the Kingdom of God. Like Paul my goal is to run the race to the finish for the prize. All, in hope and desire to be with my Father whom loves me and I, who loves him, and we shall be for eternity. It is what God, Jesus asks, sell all you have and come follow me.

I was brought up in a home where horrific violence was the norm. I had no worth, I was a thing to be used. I have learned that it is not what happens to me that is important - but what I do with it - how I live my life in spite of what happened.

God has shown me that I am priceless. I am chosen. I have been redeemed from the pit. I have been washed by the Blood of the Lamb.

God

Yes, I have always had a problem with feeling of little to no worth or value. That is until I heard the Good News and received Jesus as my Savior.

We are more valuable than any worldly riches, God's love is so great for us, that it can't even be put into justifiable words. God sent Jesus to die for our sins that we could have everlasting life. There is no greater gift than this.

We can't put it next to the accounting records of the world, because we are dealing with an everlasting assets that will never lesses or change, it stays and remains just as good as the day we received it..our gift, hope and glory that we are a full child of God.

So, to be seeking the Lord, service, being a spirit filled loving child of God by being yeilded and obeident, that I can enter in the kingdom on the final judgement day. Showing God how truely thankful I am, and to please Him out of love.

I have at times felt no worth and no value but I remember that if no one else loves me or believe that I am not of value or worth that God loves me and that as a child of God I am valuable and worthy.

We are not valued on riches (what possessions we have). God loves us unconditionally.

Whatever riches (possessions) we have whether inheritated or accumalated through life we can bot take it with us, you should help your fellow man. That's what's wrong with the world today. There's too much greed and not enough compassion.

True long-term investment is not with material things but my belief, faith, and love for the scriptures and for The Father, The Son, and Holy Spirit. Why? Because I want to go to heaven, have everlasting life, live without the illnesses and pains that I suffer from each and everyday of my life.

Yes I have felt worthless even to the point of wanting to end my life but thanks to God's grace and his love and guidance I have found hope and value in my life.

In 1 Peter 1:18-19, we see that God value our lives very highly because he gave us

his son Jesus. Jesus gave us eternal life through his precious blood being shed on the cross for our sins. Now that is real love!

As for my financial assests, these are worthless compare to Christ. All the money in the world doesn't give me joy unspeakable or a peace that doesn't disappear when

the storms of life come. My real investments are in what I do for Jesus. How I live my life for Christ. Am I growing and bearing spiritual fruit or am I living on what happen in the past. My goal is to stive to be like Christ but I know I have not attained these goal

completely yet.

1). I have never felt of no worth or value. Since I was born in a Christian family, they have showered me with love and imbibed in me an optimistic outlook and my value in the sight of Jesus.

2) We are redeemed out of this sinful worldly life, by the precious and invaluble, all powerful and able blood of Jesus Christ. Nothing in the world is more valuble than the blood of Jesus, which is life saving and preserving .

3) I are born again of imperishable seed, promised to be eternally in the kingdom of God, which is more value to me than anything.

4) Being faithful to the calling I have in Jesus.

Growing up, there were a lot of times that I felt of no worth. All the way through College. When the river came to my church, all of the unworthiness, and ugliness left and I started to become a flower that was about ready to bloom. When I started to understand that I was somebody in Christ. The crust started to come off my eyes and I could see that I was a beautiful woman of God. When it comes down to how much God loves me, there is no pluses or minues. God has given me unconditional love. No matter what my finances looks like. My long-term investments is to do all that God wants me to do.

(1:18-19) Have you ever felt you were of no worth or of no value? What does 1 Peter 1:18-19 say about your worth? What does it say about God's love for you? What does it indicate about the long-term value of your balance sheet and financial assets? What are your true long-term investments? Why?

Before I found Jesus, I felt I was worth nothing. I felt totally worthless. In fact it was that feeling or perception I had of myself that drew me to the Lord. When I discovered His Love for me, I realized that to Him I was worth something. In fact if you could put a pricetag on a Christian, it would say "Jesus". Why? Because He gave His life for me and shed His precious blood for me. When I came to that understanding I knew that life could be worth living.

How does that affect me in the long run? Well it means that when I stand before an Almighty God, Jesus has settled my account by clearing my debts by His own precious blood! Without Jesus I had a sin debt that all my self goodness could not pay. But Jesus took my sin, and cleared my account and I will enjoy the Glories of Heaven and His presence forever! I OWE IT ALL TO JESUS! PTL!

I think everyone at one time or another feel that they are worthless or of no value to anyone.

We can know that we are worth much to God. We were bought from Satan's kingdom not by perishable things like gold and silver, but with the precious blood of Christ.

:)

Satan sometimes decieves me into thinking that my life is of no value, but immediately the Holy Spirit reminds me that I am a child of the most high God and that makes me of immense value. My worth is immeasurable because I have been redeemed by the precious blood of Jesus and not by money or precious gems etc. As the price for my life has been paid by the Savior, my balance sheet tilts in His favor. My assets are of no value and my righteousness is of no consequence. As long as I am obedient unto Him, and serve Him diligently, I am secure in Him and my time, my talents, in fact my everything is used by Him for His glory. All of my being is being invested for His glory. I expect rewards in heaven for my labors, because He has promised it.

To be of value, one must experience to be of no value

and that is the truth of my life

From no value of any kind, from a worhless peace of human being

living in the flesh and in the world. One day God so fit to call on me

ME?, YES you! OK, but you are going to have to guide me. "HE SAID

COME, I WIL INTRODUCE YOU TO PEOPLE LIKE YOU.

And I said OK, do with me as YOU WILL.

He transformed me and showed me how valuable I am, worthy

enough for Jesus Christ to redemed me from my sins, in the cross

HE died for me and with HIS BLOOD, cleaned me and give me new

robes white as snow.

Today I am aware of the infinit of God's mercy and love for me

and his children, the true value of faith and harmony against

bank accounts and bonds.

My true long term values are fundamentaly based in knowing

and acting in Gods purpose for me in my life.

May God richly bless everyone

• 2 weeks later...

I have walked away from the Loed before and thought that I could do it all on my own,( was young then)soon my life had no value. I was being tossed all over. Mylife was coming apart.

God took me back when I got ready to come back to Him. He forgave me. He show me TRUE Love and where it will always be.

My long term goal is walking hand and hand with Him the rest of my Life.