JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Value

<_< Yes, sadly, I have experienced feelings of worthlessness, but this Scripture clearly shows I am of "great worth" because of what it cost to redeem me from sin. Thus, while my worth may not be considered to be much in this world's system, in God's economy I am a "valuable commodity" and have eternal value on His financial statement!

Therefore, my investment of personal time and enegy should be more heavily concentrated in the concerns of God's Kingdom. I should be "about my Father's business" and busy myself with serving the church, advancing the Gospel message and ministering to people's needs through the gifts with which I have been blessed.

The compelling reason for doing these things is to fulfill the purposes for which He made me and to bring glory to His name! :D

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4. (1:18-19) Have you ever felt you were of no worth or of no value? What does 1 Peter 1:18-19 say about your worth? What does it say about God's love for you? What does it indicate about the long-term value of your balance sheet and financial assets? What are your true long-term investments? Why?

Ironically, there was a time where I thought I had a lot of worth, but it was according to the world's standards. However, I felt empty inside. I had just finished achieving my life-long dream, but this did not fill the void in my heart. Then I felt no worth or value in life. I was very insecure in everything I did.

But Glory to God, that in God's eyes I am worth everything! He showed me how much I am worth to Him by sending His only Son to be my substitutionary sacrifice on the Cross. Now that is true love. There is NO greater love than this. Never again will I feel worthless. God saw me as so valuable that Jesus shed His blood in order to reconcile me to God and Now become part of His Family.

I am now a debtor of His love. I could NEVER repay the Redemption Price God payed for my deliverance. Now my Long-term investments are in His Kingdom, where I will reap the harvests of eternal life.

• 3 weeks later...

Q4. (1:18-19) Have you ever felt you were of no worth or of no value?

Yes.

What does 1 Peter 1:18-19 say about your worth?

That Abba loves me so much that He gave His only begotten Son, whom by which His Blood has redeemed me from a life of sin. His Blood is incorruptable, unlike silver and gold. My Worth is In Jesus blood! Praise God!!! And That Is Precious!!!! Amen

What does it say about God's love for you?

That He loves me intensly!!! So much that He was beaten, crushed, spit on, crucified, stabbed, and went through hell for me!!! He loves me so much He defended me and still does!!! Ohhhhhh!!!! Father, Thank You!!!! I Praise You!!!! Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!

What does it indicate about the long-term value of your balance sheet and financial assets?

All is mine already for the asking. In Jesus Name and by His Love for me I do not lack in anything!!!!!!! So instead of using what He has given me for short-term gratification of the flesh, wowa, use it for Eternal Glory in God, which does not perish or pass away!!!!!!! EmEmEm! Yes!!! Thank You Holy Spirit, umbeadocoshonahiya!!! I Love You Father! Thank You for what You did for me!!!!!!! :D

What are your true long-term investments?

In knowing Gods' Word & Will <<which is His Word, for me, for Him! Amen

Why? Because all else is vanity and will lead you to eternal seperation from God :( .

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have felt I was of no worth or value, but 1 Peter 1:18-19 says that I am of immeasurable worth given to me through the blood of Christ. It says that God loves me so much that He sent His son to die for my salvation. It indicates that the long-term value of your balance sheet and financial assets are insignificant to the eternal blessings I have waiting for me in Heaven. My true long-term investments are faith and obedience because that is just the tip of the gratitude and love I want to bestow on the Lord.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes at times I have felt as if i was of not much worth.

In 1 Peter 1: 18-19 tells me that I was bought with something more valuable than gold and silver thus making me a person of great value and worth. This makes me realise that God loves me that much that he would purchase me at such a high cost.

It means that I am forever precious in his sight. Wordly assessment of value is not lasting and that we are above that categorisation in God's eyes.

• 2 months later...

Q4. (1:18-19) Have you ever felt you were of no worth or of no value? What does 1 Peter 1:18-19 say about your worth? What does it say about God's love for you? What does it indicate about the long-term value of your balance sheet and financial assets? What are your true long-term investments? Why?

I have felt worthless before. That's what's so great about becomming a christian, which I did 12 yrs ago. God gives us a distinct sense of worth. It is all through the Bible. Jesus' sacrifice is proof that each one of us is valuable and of worth! Our God loves us so deeply and this love, this safety, this hope is forever and these are our long term investments.

• 2 months later...

Have you ever felt you were of no worth or of no value?

I feel that I make myself feel I have no worth or value, but God knows my real value and if I listen to Him, He will reveal my true worth to me.

That it was paid with Christ's blood.

That God loves us so much that He sacrificed His son for us.

What does it indicate about the long-term value of your balance sheet and financial assets?

They will be meaningless when we get to heaven - nobody wants their toombstone to read I wish my stocks held more value...

What are your true long-term investments?

To be more like Jesus and to follow His words to the end.

Why?

Beacause He can show us the way when we are willing to follow hHim no matter what we feel, think, or understand.

• 4 months later...

I've once been told that the only way satan can hurt God is by hurting His children. Jesus loves us so much that He would rather die than to leave us in the dark. God bought me back at a high price (the price of His Son.) God sent His very best. And His blood was shed to set us free from the bondage of sin to ensure that we would have eternal life with Christ.

I looked at this from a completely different perspective so this was my original answer... Jesus paid for all of my debts. He paid for every sin that He knew I would commit.

The treasures of this earth eventually loose its value and worth, overtime the things of this earth are fading away/wearing out. We will take no earthly possession with us when we die.

What are your true long-term investments?WHy?

Because I have accepted Jesus as my Lord and Saviour I AM HIS CHILD. I AM the daughter of a King. I have been adopted into His Family. And because of all of this God is preparing a place for me in heaven.

Because I know I am a sinner, and that I can never lead a perfect life, and I understand that there is nothing I can do to remove my sin all I have to do is call on Jesus, repent and ask for forgiveness of my sins and they are removed as far as the EAST is from the WEST. They are remembered no more. And because of that I AM FREE from living under the law (the bondage of sin.) I AM FREE to love, free to worship, free to turst with no fear of rejection or being hurt... according to John 8:36, Romans 8:1)

Because of what Jesus did I AM NOW the righteousness of God in Christ. I can now have an AWESOME relationship with God.

• 1 year later...

Yes, I have and that my life was of no value as I was drifting through it. 1 Peter 1:18-19 says that my salvation was purchased at a very high price, higher than any material thing here on earth; it was purchased by the blood of Jesus. It is the greatest expression of God's love for me that Jesus made such a sacrifice. It tells me that treasure on earth is transient and ultimately valueless. It is treasure in heaven that counts because it endures for ever.

• 5 months later...

:) No. I have never felt that I was of no worth or value. I have always felt valuable to my family and friends.

1st Peter 1:18-19 says that I am precious, which means of exceptional value. I have not been redeemed with perishable things like sliver and gold, but with the precious Blood of Christ. (The Lord Himself.) This lets me know just how much God really loves me. He who did not spare His own Son, but deliver Him up for me, how much more will He not with Him freely give me all things. (Romans 8:32)

My long-term investment is the best investment that I could ever have. My hope is glory.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

At times in my life I have questioned my worth and value. However, God Almighty has deemed my worth valuable enough to redeem me through the precious blood of His only unique Son, Jesus Christ, on the cross of Golgotha. God Almighty loves me.

My temporal valuables and assets have no real meaning apart from short-term functioning on this planet. My long-term investments entail what I am doing for my Lord Jesus Christ. What lives I am impacting for Jesus Christ and my part in Kingdom-building on this planet. What matters are eternal manners. What I do for Jesus Christ on this planet are the only things that I am taking with me when God takes me home.

• 9 months later...

Yes, there have been times when I felt worthless. 1 Peter 1:18-19 states I am worthy of Christ's blood. God loved me enough to send his son to save my soul. My finances and assests mean nothing because they will perish. True long-term investments are those we put into serving God. Our purpose is to lead others to salvation. We are to lay treasures up in heaven. In the end, nothing else matters.

• 2 months later...

Perhaps because of life circumstances or habitual thinking, we come to believe we are worthless in the kingdom and of little value to the Lord. As feelings of doubt and depression increase, we may decide we don't like ourselves and thus lose confidence in our ability to obey the Lord or do anything spiritual. we have forgotten we are valuable.

This is not humility; it is self pity, It is the temptation to be swallowed up by too much sorrow. Proper humility leads to spiritual productiveness, but self-pity leads to spiritual stagnation. Consider these differences. Pride says, " I can and will by myself" Humility says, " I can and will by the Lord's will". (James 4: 13-16 ) but self pity- says, " I just can't.

Why did the Israelites panic at the doorsteps of Canaan and decide to retreat at the grim report of 10 spies? ( Numbers 13:30-14:4ff) Why did the Israelite army cower in fear at the challange of the Philistine gaint, Goliath? ( 1 Samuel 17:4-11, 12) Why did Elijah run away and hide in a cave? ( 1 Kings 19:1-18 ) These people became inactive because they lost confidence in themselves as servants of the Lord. They were thinking, " I can't and thus they didn't. For us, the scriptures frequently prod us to obedience by reminding us our worth and place in the kingdom of Christ.

Our value comes from the fact we are wonderfully made in the image of God. and possess a soul which has a greater value than all the riches. God further demonstrated our value by sending His Son Jesus to die on the cross for us. Our price tag is the blood od Jesus Christ. ( 1 Peter 1:18-21 ) Though in humility we know that we do not deserve the love, and attention, and sacrifice of Deity, nevertheless , we must by faith believe what the Bible says about our value in the eye of God.

So, how valuable are we? The way we perceive our own value has a direct effect on our conduct. Knowing all these wonderful things keep us humble and motivates us to serve Jesus with confidence and hope. ( Philippians 4: 13 ) In confidence we can say " I can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens me."

There is joy in knowing who made me, who sacrificed Himself for me, and in giving Him all the Glory.

• 1 month later...

Luckily, thanks to a good upbringing with praise and positive reinforcement, there have been few times when I felt of little worth. One time would definitely be during some awkward adolescent years, but that was beneficial in the end because I think it made me a more empathetic person. Another time that comes to mind is when I allowed continued contact with someone who treated me as though I didn't have much worth. Ending that was the beginning of recovering from those feelings, praise the Lord. This scripture says my/our worth is valuable enough to merit the ultimate sacrifice from Christ...more precious than any earthly commodity. I'm not sure I can comprehend that much love from God. It's overwhelming. As far as the long term value of financial assets, like it was said in the study, you can't take it with you. I think we all have to be alert not to attach the worth of a person (including ourselves) to those worldly assets. I didn't think I did that at all until my car was in the shop and I had to drive a REAL junker around our little town. I felt different in it and that worried me! How much value was I putting in driving a car that wasn't all banged up??? I hope that my true long term investments are the seeds I sow into others and the encouragement I give them. I need to do better at serving more in the little ways that can help the kingdom of God and building a stronger personal relationship with the Lord. The reasons these are my long term investments are that my family is so precious to me and therefore I sow a lot into them. And my work allows me to encourage others on a daily basis in a Christian environment.

When I was a young adult I thought badly of myself because of the way I was living my life, but now I know what my worth is to Jesus Christ. My Lord died so that I would be free. I am worth every moment He spent on this earth all the way to His last breath on the cross until He asended to heaven. All the money in the world could cover with the Lord did for me. My true longterm investment is faith and love. God's word says to me that my faith in Him is the key to my existance on this earth and making it to heaven and that it is because of love, (His love for me) I have a chance to live forever.

• 1 month later...

He says were worth more to God than gold or silver is on earth. Theres nothing worth more to God than we are.

We or so loved by God that he sent his son to die to save us thats being valued very highly by God.

Our balance sheet has been wiped claen so were good to forever our slate was wiped clean.

Our long term investments are eternal life,Heaven and spending eternity with Jesus.

No I have never felt I was of no worth or value. We must always feel that we are of value, precious in God's sight, because we have been brought with a price - the blood of the Lamb. God loved us so much that he sent his son, Jesus Christ himself to redeemed us. My balance sheet is in the black, it is showing a profit that life in Christ Jesus has redeemed us so that our true long-term investment is secured.

I often feel I have no worth or value, unfortunately it's the world's view of me. I am slowly learning how immeasurable my worth is to God. HE DIED FOR ME! I find the concept of that sort of love scary and mindblowing. How can someone as BIG as God love me.

It means I would do anything, be anything, go anywhere for Him and I need to share that love with a broken world who does not feel loved, worthy or valuable.

I can never love that way, never measure up to it and my balance sheet will always be in debt. But I am accepted JUST AS I AM

• 1 month later...

IT SEEMED MY WHOLE LIFE I FELT AS IF I WAS UNWORTHY OF ANYTHING AND WHEN I CAME BACK TO CHRIST I FELT THE SAME WAY ONLY WORSE. HOW COULD THIS MAN LOVE A PERSON LIKE ME? I HAD BEEN LOST FOR OVER 30 YEARS, DID THINGS THAT ONLY ME AND GOD KNOW ABOUT. AND MY SELF WORTH WAS NIL IF THAT. YES, I HAVE FELT VERY UNWORTHY ESPECIALLY WHEN IT CAME TO GOD. BUT AFTER ASKING JESUS TO TELL ME WHAT ROADS I NEEDED TO TRAVEL BACK HOME TO HIM I BEGAN TO READ MY THEN BIBLE. THE NEW LIVING TRANSLATION BIBLE. I READ IT DAY AND IF I HAD LIGHT AT NIGHT I WOULD READ. ONE DAY I OPENED TO ISAIAH 43:4,5 WHICH SAYS, I QUOTE; " SINCE YOU ARE PRECIOUS AND HONORED IN MY SIGHT, AND BECAUSE I LOVE YOU. I WILL GIVE MEN IN EXCHANGE FOR YOU AND PEOPLE IN EXCHANGE FOR YOUR LIFE. DO NOT BE AFRAID." THIS BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES FOR A GOOD LONG TIME. I FINALLY FELT THAT GOD WAS SPEAKING TO ME DIRECTLY AND SAYING HE THOUGHT I WAS WORTHY ENOUGH TO LOVE AND THAT HE WAS WILLING TO LOSE SOME SOULS JUST TO HAVE ME IN HIS FAMILY. MY LONG TERM INVESTMENT IS KNOWING THAT WHEN I LEAVE THIS WORLD THAT I WILL SPEND ETERNITY WITH HIM. WHAT AN AWESOME THOUGHT.

I can remember a few times throughout my lifetime feeling as though no one loved me or needed me. I had a mostly good childhood with some trauma mixed in. The same with my adulthood. I truly empathize with people who have gone all or most of their lives feeling worthless.

1 Peter 1:18-19 tells me that God counts me so loved and worth-ee (worthy) to Him that He willingly sacrificed His only begotten son to death on that cross so that I would live eternally with Him.

My "heavenly" balance sheet and financial assets are imperishable. They will last an eternity where nothing can kill, steal or destroy.

My long term investments is the work I do for the Lord, every time I bless someone, help someone in need, put myself last for the sake of another, or give to others out of my need, whether it be money, material things, or even time of myself, these are all treasures stored for me in Heaven.

Q4. (1:18-19) Have you ever felt you were of no worth or of no value? What does 1 Peter 1:18-19 say about your worth? What does it say about God's love for you? What does it say about God's love for you? What are your true long-term investments? Why?

Have you ever felt you were of no worth or of no value?

Yes. This was the time when I was broke I did not know that I am the son of God and it took His son's life to rescue me from eternal death.

I was redeemed with the precious blood of the son of God. I was redeemed with the most precious life of Jesus. I am the son of the living God. I will not waste my life on worthless works instead follow the teachings of my redeemer- my new master.

God's love for me is unfathomable. How can He send His only son to save a sinner from eternal death. That's the love of God for me.

What are your true long-term investments? Why?

My long term investments is doing the great commission. God loved me by redeeming me. I will show my love for Him by following his commands.

• 2 months later...

Yes I have felt of no value and could believe that again if I believed the evil one but i believe God when he says I am worth more than gold for he took the time to create me and know me in my mothers womb. God says he loves me and i am worth more than silver and gold. I've been purchased with the blood of jesus Christ which is of great worth