JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Value

Q4. (1:18-19) Have you ever felt you were of no worth or of no value? What does 1 Peter 1:18-19 say about your worth? What does it say about God's love for you? What does it indicate about the long-term value of your balance sheet and financial assets? What are your true long-term investments? Why?

Yes, I have. I cannot count the times that I let the devil defeat me over that. I am redeemed by the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or spot. God loved me enough that He sent his Son to redeem me, his Son became the sacrfice for me. Balance sheet, financial assets, God is the answer. He is the provider for everything in our lives. My true long term investment is to love God, obey Him, obey his word, live a holy life before my Lord, and be the servant for his kingdom that he wants me to be. To stay in his will. Why? Because God is my life, my eternal life. I know I have a better, bigger, and more glorious place waiting on me in heaven. That is why I will continue to run the race until Christ comes again. To be with my Savior and King, my Almighty God.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4. (1:18-19) Have you ever felt you were of no worth or of no value? What does 1 Peter 1:18-19 say about your worth? What does it say about God's love for you? What does it indicate about the long-term value of your balance sheet and financial assets? What are your true long-term investments? Why?

I don't think that i ever felt of no value,somewhere in the back of my mind from as far back as my memory allows I felt that i belonged.I think that Gods presence was always there just waiting to be let in.

God showed us what we are worth to him by sending His Son our Lord Jesus Christ to die on our behalf,the purchase price being His blood.I dont think you could find anything on this Earth worth this sacrifice so let us praise and worship our living king for placing such a high value on us (Amen)

Just as the Lord placed this high value on us we should respond by placing an equally high value on our salvation and stard building up treasures in our real home (heaven) and not in this temporary dwelling place.By praising and worshiping God and doing all we do in accordance with his will gains blessings and makes us more holy in Gods eyes.

• 3 months later...

1Pe 1:18 For you know what was paid to set you free from the worthless manner of life handed down by your ancestors. It was not something that can be destroyed, such as silver or gold;

1Pe 1:19 it was the costly sacrifice of Christ, who was like a lamb without defect or flaw.

I'm sure everyone feels despondent and of little worth at times. As fallen humans we do sin and then because of the Holy Spirit in us, regret it and feel remorse.

Our worth is so precious in the sight of God that it cannot perish or be destroyed, even more precious than silver or gold which can be destroyed. The ultimate payment, the ' costly sacrifice of Christ' was paid for us. This is the ultimate price of love paid for us, to redeem us and wash us clean of our sins, if we understand and accept what Jesus paid for us on the Cross.

Long term, we will receive Salvation, which is a life in the Kingdom free of all toil and strife. An eternity of living in the presence of God. Our balance sheet will reflect our having achieved this distinction and our financial assets will reflect our having earned the distinction of being his worthy child. fit to be in his presence and with Him.

We spend our time honouring His commands as Christians and in faith believing with our hearts, minds, souls and all our beings in Him. We strive to be like Jesus as we know that He is ' the way the light and the truth'. We strive for sanctification and do it because we know it leads to God's Salvation for us through Christ's redemption.

• 3 months later...

I used to feel not worthy or with no value because my life was completed in chaos also to the point of emotional depression I did not understand why people and life can be so cruel . But now that I have Jesus in my life everything change I know i m worthy to God and I star to understand by learning in the word of God for example Peter that I was worthy and I was call to be save I was call to live a different life so If I want this different life offer to me I have to put some value on it by learning how God want me to live believing in everything he say I star to abandon all my bad habits and star using the sanctification God have to offer with his holy spirit to give me strength in difficulties in my life . I still struggle but I know I m worthy to God in every special way sometimes I do things are contrary to God and I ask for wisdom I ask to give me the strength I need to do so . Why ? simple because I want to value what God have give me to me -Salvation-.

• 2 weeks later...

There has been times in my life when I felt that my life had no value or worth, times when I was younger and somewhat a loner and it seemed like no one wanted me around them, I just felt shut out and alone like my life wasn't worth anything.

When I found Jesus and according to 1Peter 1:18,19, I can now see and understand and know that there is great value in my life with God and that means everything to me. For the Bible tells me that I am more value than silver and gold or any thing in this world and that's just wonderful.

For God loved me enough that He gave His only begotten Son to die for me that I could have eternal Life. So God gave the very greatest for me and that lets me know that my life does have value in it through Jesus Christ.

This word assures me that if I will trust in God then all my needs rather financial or any other need He would provide for me. For if He would give His Son for me then I feel like He will take care of everything else.

My investments is a life long commitment to trust, serve, and follow Christ with all my belief, all my heart and all my strength. To submit myself to God and His service.

I will do this for the hope of having ever lasting life, being with Jesus in the Kingdom of Heaven for ever.

Have you ever felt you were of no worth or of no value? What does 1 Peter 1:18-19 say about your worth? What does it say about God's love for you? What does it indicate about the long-term value of your balance sheet and financial assets? What are your true long-term investments? Why?

There have been times when I have felt worthless or feeling unvalued. However, Peter 1:18-19 says that I am worth more than any money on Earth. For Christ paid for my sins with HIS LIFE!!! He was blameless, but took my sins to the cross!!! Praise God!!! This says that God's love is completly unconditional, endless, and does not depend on me!! The long term value of my financial assets are worthless. They can't go with me and they can't buy my way into heaven. My true long term investments are the people that I show love, mercy, and grace to. The way that I show Christ to others is an investment. The only thing that can go with me are others who are also in Christ.

• 3 weeks later...

Before salvation I felt like I was alone but after salvation a big weight had lifted off of me and I can feel the Lords presence in me daily and I can feel his love for me and I know I am not alone anymore and I depend on hime 100% but feel ashamed for all I have done in my life but he died for me on the cross so now my goal is to please him in all things daily

• 4 weeks later...

Yes. That I was worth dying for. Ultimate love. Nothing of this earth has long term value. True long term investments are treasures laid up in heaven because they cannot be stolen, lost, or decayed.

• 1 month later...

Q4. (1:18-19)

Have you ever felt you were of no worth or of no value?

What does 1 Peter 1:18-19 say about your worth?

What does it say about God's love for you?

What does it indicate about the long-term value of your balance sheet and financial assets?

What are your true long-term investments? Why?

Yes, I think that perhaps we all feel this at some stage or other. For me it usually is only a fleeting thought; I realize the high cost of our salvation - the precious blood of Jesus. For God to have done this shows His love for us. We know from 1 John 4:8 that

• 1 month later...

I have felt like my family would be better off without me. That I was not what they needed.

But I have learned that I am worth more then silver or gold simply because God says so.

God loves me beyond what I can ever comprehend enough to redeem me with the blood of His Son.

My physical assets are worthless they will fade away, their value has limits. But my value in the eyes of my Lord is imperishable and it will never fade.

• 5 months later...

There are times when I'm tired, or angry, or lonely, though they are few. When it happens, I don't focus on how God's love has made me whole, to serve him. instead I focus on being sorry for myself, e.g. my wounded pride in not getting what I want in an earthly situation. This self-centered-ness respells us from God's love, though He tries with all he can to hold us and heal us.

I need to see everything God's has given to me as being His to use as He intends it to be used. To dispense money in a frugal way, yet to offer little things to orphans and poor people, except in a moment where God says to give them more, per his plan.

My hope is build on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness. I dare not trust the sweetest frame but only lean on Jesus name. On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand. He is my long term goal, my purpose, my love for eternity, my healer, redeemer, Jesus is my firm foundation. I put ALL my hope in His Holy Word.

• 4 weeks later...

I have struggled with feelings of no worth and no value almost all of my life. I am so thankful that God doesn't see me that way but rather I am so valuable to Him that He was willing to die and shed His precious blood to redeem me from hell and destruction.God loves me unconditionally.My financial assets are all temporary, but my true long term investments are the things I do for the kingdom of God, like sharing Jesus with others, leading others to Christ, helping the poor, the widows, the orphans, etc.

• 2 months later...

Yes I have felt worthless before. This veres tells me that I am valuable to God; that I'm worth the death of His Son.

Q4. (1:18-19) Have you ever felt you were of no worth or of no value?

No, I have never felt that I was of no worth or value.

1 Peter 1:18-19 says that I was redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to from forefathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.

It says that God's love for me is unmatchable and eternal.

What does it indicate about the long-term value of your balance sheet and financial assets?

It indicate that the long-term value of my balance shet and financial assets are always and forever will be "positive" and "profitable"; never in the "red" or "unprofitable".

What are your true long-term investments?

My true long-term investments are those things which builds a strong spiritual life in Christ.

Why?

Because these are of eternal value.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Q4. (1:18-19) Have you ever felt you were of no worth or of no value? What does 1 Peter 1:18-19 say about your worth? What does it say about God's love for you?

Yes, but my feelings are unfounded in truth. Truth is, Jesus payed the highest randsom (his life) for my salvation. I am of value and worth. (John 3vs16)

What does it indicate about the long-term value of your balance sheet and financial assets? What are your true long-term investments? Why?

My hardearned investments are worthless outside of this world's system. My financial investments are perishable and my be destroyed at anytime. They do not last for eternity. Rather I should not be investing in things that rot away but rather in my eternal relationships with God and the people that I come into contact with throughout my lifetime.

• 3 weeks later...

Q4. (1:18-19) Have you ever felt you were of no worth or of no value? For most of my life the answer to this question would be no. When I finally saw things as they really were though, I could see that the things which I had placed value on and by which I had used to value my own worth were actually not very valuable at all and were apt to crumble to dust.

What does 1 Peter 1:18-19 say about your worth? God gave his Son to redeem me. On that basis, in God

• 7 months later...

Have you ever felt you were of no worth or of no value?

There have been times based on things that I have done when I feel completely worthless. They have been days when I think that no one could possible love me or want me.

It tells me that I have value and that I am precious to God. I say this because Jesus bought me back with His precious blood. His blood is priceless, yet He allowed it to be spilled to redeem me.

It says that God's love for me is real and it is the most powerful love I will ever know or experience.

It indicates the fact that my debt has been paid. I have no outstanding balance, I owe nothing.

What are your true long-term investments? Why?

My true long-term investments are the things that I do for the kingdom of God. Those are the things which will last and matter in the end.

• 2 weeks later...

4a)The evil one tries to make us feel we are of no real worth.

b)Peter stresses we are owned by God who valued us so much he bought/redeemed/paid for us by blood of Jesus,who set us free from sin.

c)God sacrificed his son for our freedom,he loved us that much.

d)I could never repay God enough for the immense cost of Jesus sacrifice to redeem me,other tha serving Him. Worldly goods are perishable

e)Accepting Jesus’ blood shed for me, is an eternal precious investment

• 4 months later...

yes I have felt worthless to people I have loved at times in my life and the one person I feel loves me no matter what is Jesus and what he did for me on the cross and my salvation allowed me to know true unconditional love in a way I had never known before. He is the greatest and most loving and most forgiving Father a person could know and I must think of that always and allow the Holy Spirit to live within me to show that love to others.

• 4 months later...

I likely should have felt that I was of no worth, but, being puffed up, I never did. As one who belongs to Jesus, I know that God made me worth so much that he included me in his family through Jesus. The adoption fees were paid by the blood of his precious Son. That is the only foundation of my worth. Although I must consider financial matters in this life, I hope to hold finances lightly b/c they have no eternal significance short of being used in some way for God’s kingdom, or to sustain me as I try to serve in God’s kingdom. My long term investment should be a giving of my whole self to God, for his use. Holy Spirit, please help me to do that (I feel frightened even as I pray that. I am too dependent on the things of this world that carry the illusion of security.) I trust you to correct me Lord. Will you soften me such that I will be sensitive to your urgings?

• 7 months later...

I personally don't recall ever feeling that I was worth nothing or had no value.  For anyone who has those feelings as well as for those who don't think about this.  God created humanity in His image and breathed into Adam His breath. God placed humanity in a dominate role in His creation. After creating humanity He said is "was very good."  God has bend over backward looking for wayward humanity and implemented many different means throughout the ages to have a relationship with us.  The last and ultimate convenant with humanity was stated in John 3:16:  "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."  God sent his only begotten Son to die on the cross for the atonement and salvation of a world of people/individuals that He placed value on.  All throughout the Word of God, God states His love for His creation.  As believers in Christ we are made the children of God.  This is the ultimate value each believer has and we should have great joy and delight in knowing Jesus has given us access to the throne of His Father.

Money pays the bills and buys some things we might enjoy, but it doesn't buy eternality with God; it doesn't buy meaning or meaningful relationships, it doesn't buy blessings and peace and hope and joy and love, etc.  Money is only a short-term commodity man made, and only has the value humans place on it.  Money has no value either way, only the value we place on it.  It is a another false god.

Our true long-term investments are how we honor, serve, and glorify God and how we effect for the good other people.  So, our long-term investments are based upon how we love and serve God and other human beings.

• 6 months later...