JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Christ Died for Your Sins

On 3/20/2004 at 1:08 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q3. (3:18a) Meditate for a few minutes on this verse: "For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God." Now personalize it to imagine (1) your sins, (2) your unrighteousness, and (3) your reconciliation with God. Each of these ideas is awesome! Which of these three aspects of the verse has God impressed most strongly on you today? Select one of the three and share it.

After reading the word of God I came to the realization that he loved me enough to send his only Son to shed his blood and die for me on the cross before I even knew him. This was a love that was totally unfathomable to comprehend. I asked Christ to forgive me of my trespasses and to come and dwell within me by his Holy Spirit. He is my comforter and establisher of my faith, now without a doubt I know I have an eternal fellowship with God and will be with him forever in the Kingdom of God.

Knowing that God has provided a way for me to be with him in all eternity and the love he has for me is comforting, to say the least. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was baptized as a child but when I begun to study the bible, I understood that it is through faith in Jesus Christ that we are saved. I therefore stated my belief in Jesus as the son of God, his death and resurrection for my salvation and made the confession that Jesus is Lord of my life. I was then immersed in water participating in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus, dying to my old self and beginning a new life in Jesus. I have pledged to live for him who died for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Q3. (3:18a) Meditate for a few minutes on this verse: "For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God." Now personalize it to imagine (1) your sins, (2) your unrighteousness, and (3) your reconciliation with God. Each of these ideas is awesome! Which of these three aspects of the verse has God impressed most strongly on you today? Select one of the three and share it.

A. My reconciliation is most impressive that despite me, Christ love made Him to die for me, a miserable sinner and as such I am reconciled to the Holy Lord God Almighty. Hallelujah.

Praise the Lord for my life in His Hand.

1. I believe Yesus as son of my Father in heaven, He came in the world as human being, died for our sins, He shows us His love and miracles because of that no other God know me and also He forgave my heavy sins, He carries me in His Hand, so I only imagine.

He make my life everyday new to walk with Him.

• 3 weeks later...

God has impressed most strongly upon me as I read this verse, the phrase "once for all."  So often we come to Christ in repentance again and again recalling all past sins, instead of coming to Christ with a repentant heart, believing that Jesus is the Son of God died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. As we come to Christ we should come thanking Him for dying in our stead for the forgiveness of sins ONCE.  PRAISE GOD!

• 6 years later...

What was impressed on me was my own unrighteousness. There is nothing I can do that's "good enough" for God. Without Him, my little acts of worship and obedience are meaningless trifles. Increasingly, I'm seeing God as the source of all goodness -- good deeds, good ideas, good thoughts. Without God, we only mime or approximate goodness, as through a glass darkly, without ever actually being good or understanding good.