JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Christ Died for Your Sins

Q3. (3:18a) Meditate for a few minutes on this verse: "For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God." Now personalize it to imagine (1) your sins, (2) your unrighteousness, and (3) your reconciliation with God. Each of these ideas is awesome! Which of these three aspects of the verse has God impressed most strongly on you today? Select one of the three and share it.

My reconciliation with God has impressed me so much. I was not aware, while I was still a catholic, that I was away from t he love of God. I was following a wrong master- Satan. I did not know God then; how He love me and how He longed for me to come back to Him. Thanks for sister Ruth for bringing and sharing the gospel to me and my wife while we were lost. Although sin sometimes defeat me, I continue to ask God to fill me with the Holy Spirit to give me the power to crush my enemy who is Satan. I am blessed to be a member of God's family. It is my burden to bring my relatives to God because I know how pleasant it is to live in the protection and love of the almighty.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. (3:18a) Meditate for a few minutes on this verse: "For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God." Now personalize it to imagine (1) your sins, (2) your unrighteousness, and (3) your reconciliation with God. Each of these ideas is awesome! Which of these three aspects of the verse has God impressed most strongly on you today? Select one of the three and share it.

I am so grateful to God for all of these things that He did for me, but my heart becomes full with the awesome knowledge that Jesus died so that my sins could be forgiven. That He took my sins and cast them into the sea to be remembered by Him no more. When I think of that I feel so unworthy of this most precious gift and I know that I will never receive another gift as precious as this.

• 5 months later...

I think for me it would be the reconcilliation with God. I know Christ died for my sins, I know I was not worthy, but made worthy by his righteousness, and the reconcilliation with God is special to me today. When I talk about reconcilliation, I am talking about the close walk with the Lord that the devil said I would not have. Satan once had me bound with self guilt, made me believe that God loved me but not enough that he would use me for his kingdom because of the failures in my Christian walk. The Lord broke that bondage, he set me free and I have that clowe walk with GBod and getting closer every day. When I do these Bible Studies, I am amazed how God reveals his word to me, puts them in my mind and my heart. And how he is using me for his kingdom.

Just the thought that the God who made everything I can see and touch as well as all that cannot be seen,sent his only Son Jesus our Lord to die and suffer for me and to afford me the opportunity to come into the fathers presence blows my mind.Through the blood of Him who is righteous He who conquered death for all mankind and opened the gates of heaven that we might enter and become co-heirs to the kingdom and become sons and daughters of a living God.It is this amazing feeling that I can have today, that of being reconciled to God my Father, being able to approach His throne through the sacrifice of my savior and King, "Jesus"Amen.

Father thank you that when all else in life falls apart and fails,when everything seems to be upside down and the very thought of life seems to be unbearable,we can come to you as our Father for comfort and consolation.Praise You Lord in Jesus name Amen.

• 7 months later...

Reconciliation with God is the most impressed om me at this time for this really touches me to think of coming before the presence of God, to come before His grace and receive His peace in my heart. Everyday I pray to draw closer and closer to the Lord and to come before His presence and to know Him more intimately.To know that Christ died for my sins and my unrighteousness is awesome but to actually come before His presence is just breathtaking. Oh how I long to stand before the presence of the Father and His Glory. There has been so many times that I have seen the Glory of the Lord work in my life and my family and every time it just amazes me more and each time I believe that I just get a little closer to His presence.

• 2 months later...

Q3. (3:18a)

Meditate for a few minutes on this verse: "For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God."

Now personalize it to imagine (1) your sins, (2) your unrighteousness, and (3) your reconciliation with God. Each of these ideas is awesome!

Which of these three aspects of the verse has God impressed most strongly on you today? Select one of the three and share it.

When I ponder on all the evil actions, the improper thoughts, the wrong motives I

• 1 year later...

At the moment with lots going on in my personal life, the fact that Jesus' sacrifice reconciled me with God seems to be the most relevant and comforting to me. If I wasn't able to open up to God now and pray knowing my prayers are reaching Him, I'd feel a lot worse about everything than I already do.

• 6 months later...

Meditate for a few minutes on this verse: "For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God." Now personalize it to imagine (1) your sins, (2) your unrighteousness, and (3) your reconciliation with God. Each of these ideas is awesome! Which of these three aspects of the verse has God impressed most strongly on you today? Select one of the three and share it.

The aspect which I feel God impressing on me is my sins. When I think about my life and all the sin I have committed, all the wrong I have done that I have forgotten about I am just overwhelmed at the knowledge that Jesus died for all of that. I am overwhelmed and so very grateful. Thank you Jesus.

• 8 months later...

3a)The awesome fact that Jesus has died for my sins totally,whatever I have done or will do, he has accomplished the victory over sin on the cross, and has washed me clean,reconciling me to God as I trust in His amazing sacrificial love. I seek to be more like Him, but fail, he rescues me constantly. I am a new creation saved by grace alone. He is amazing..

• 8 months later...

All three of these ideas are overwhelming and wonderful.  All three have made a tremendous impact on my life.  Right at this moment I want to comment on my being made right in God's sight by Jesus' actions.  It is wonderful and comforting to know that I don't have to sink or die or suffer in my unrighteousness.  That Jesus has set me free from my sin and unrighteousness and that the Holy Spirit is working to remake me into a Christ-like human-being.

• 2 years later...

Of the verse in 1 Peter 3;18a "that Christ died for sins once for all", the verse that impresses most strongly is the fact that Christ, the Holy One of God, had died for my sins. Doing this for me ha an overwhelming, unimaginable amount of love that God had for me. knowing there was no way I could reconcile myself to a Holy God, no matter what or how much I did, God in his love for me sent his only Son to die for me, thus satisfying God's judgement and condemnation on me. He has excepted the sacrifice his Son has done for me. Jesus reconciled me back to the Father, showing his love for the father and me. Through his obedience I am able to go boldly before the throne of God with Jesus as my mediator. Bless his Holy Name.        

• 6 months later...

Personalize it to imagine (1) your sins, (2) your unrighteousness, and (3) your reconciliation with God. 

1. My sins:  I know that God can’t turn a blind eye to my sins and I know in my heart of hearts that He has to deal me and my sin just as He must deal with the sins of all mankind.  Jesus took upon Himself the sins of mankind and rather than inflicting eternal death on me (the sinner) He died for me!  That’s something that I reflect upon every day so His dying for me definitely personalizes His eternal love for me.  (1) My unrighteousness:  I understand that I have no righteousness other than that which has been given through my faith in Christ Jesus.  “This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe… all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” (Romans 3:22-23)  I know that I’m a sinner and totally undeserving but Jesus’ ultimate sacrifice gives me peace with God and a hope for eternal life.  I’m a mere mortal and I know that I probably will never fully understand His righteousness but I do understand the peace, love, and tranquility that I have in my life because of it.  (1) My reconciliation with God:  Jesus’ death doesn’t reconcile God’s relationship with me, it reconciles my relationship with Him.  “The judgment followed one sin and brought condemnation, but the gift followed many trespasses and brought justification.” (Romans 5:16)

Which of these three aspects of the verse has God impressed most strongly on you today?  All of the above. 

• 5 months later...

Q3. (3:18a) Meditate for a few minutes on this verse: “For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God.”

My Meditation – “to bring you to God”. 

1. Jesus is my access to God. He is the Door, the Way.

2. I may now call God my Father! (My Heavenly Father.) I have been brought to Him and introduced to Him by Jesus Himself!

3.  Jesus has made the impossible, possible! Sinners can enter the presence of God.  I am unrighteous and unclean but now I am covered over by Jesus’ righteousness, His robe of righteousness. I am cleansed by His blood which avails for me.

4. Christ died for sins once for all.  It is finished! His death on the cross was an historic moment. He entered our world and redeemed all sinners who would come to Him. This act of mercy was planned from the beginning (in eternity) and will be celebrated forever, and ever, in eternity!  Eph 2.7  so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus

• 5 months later...

3. (3:18a) Meditate for a few minutes on this verse: "For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God." Now personalize it to imagine (1) your sins, (2) your unrighteousness, and (3) your reconciliation with God. Each of these ideas is awesome! Which of these three aspects of the verse has God impressed most strongly on you today? Select one of the three and share it.

--- That Jesus died for my sins so that i may have eternal life.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/20/2004 at 6:08 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

God impressed most strongly on reconciliation with God on our today than the two others verses because in the totally of all, it is about reconciliation. Christ died for our sins in order to reconcile us back to God, it took our unrighteousness position so that we can be righteous in the sight of God through His righteousness.

On 3/20/2004 at 6:08 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

God impressed most strongly on reconciliation with God on our today than the two others verses because in the totally of all, it is about reconciliation. Christ died for our sins in order to reconcile us back to God, it took our unrighteousness position so that we can be righteous in the sight of God through His righteousness.

Q3. (3:18a) 
Meditate for a few minutes on this verse: "For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God." 
Now personalize it to imagine (1) your sins, (2) your unrighteousness, and (3) your reconciliation with God. 
Each of these ideas is awesome! 
Which of these three aspects of the verse has God impressed most strongly on you today? 
Select one of the three and share it.

When I think back on all the evil actions I’ve done as well as all the improper thoughts I’ve had, I feel totally ashamed. Ashamed that I could ever have done such things and grateful to our Heavenly Father for His mercy and grace shown to me. To add to my sins are all the things I should have done and didn’t do. 

While Jesus Christ was on the cross, the wrath of God was poured out on Him. In the midst of this condemnation, He cried out, "My God, my God, why have You forsaken Me?" When Jesus breathed His last, the veil in the Temple that stood for the separation of God and man was torn. The work was done; Christ died for all sins once for all. The righteous for the unrighteous!

It hurts me to realize that He suffered so severely because of my sins - Jesus who was innocent died in my place for my sins! But even this was not all. Just as my sins were put to His account while He was on the cross, so in the same way, the righteousness of Christ was put to my account when I repented and put my trust in Him. I was credited with the righteousness of Christ. Here I am, justified - declared to be righteous - for all eternity. I stand in awe – what a sacrifice! - what a gracious God we serve!!!

On 3/29/2004 at 0:58 PM, kas said:

#3. That God loves me despite my filthiness. That He wants me to know His love even though I don't deserve it. That He has made it possible for me to enjoy an intimate and loving relationship with Him. To experience His love, to know Him is to desire to do His will thus fulfilling His two greatest commandments. I am beginning to know Him and just the bit that I do is overwhelming, I can't imagine what it's like being mature in Christ. I look forward to it!

Amen! What is impressed upon my heart the most is that He has made a way for me to be with Him in eternity. He STILL loves me despite all of the junk I've done, people I offended, times that I've rejected Him and He continues to chase after me. It is a love that I don't know. I love my children and would go to the ends of the earth for them, but I doubt if it's anything like Christ's love for us. He died a horrible and demeaning death not for one person, but for us ALL and our past, present and future sins. He paid debts for years to come and yet He still pursues me. I will never be righteous. I will never be perfect. But in my weakness He is strong!

What impresses me most: to bring me to Godt  Our Creator, Our Father, had us in his mind since the beginning of creation; Providing the perfect sacrifice to bring us back to Him after we were separated by the original sin. Knowing very well that many would reject Him, yet he considered us of much worth. If only one, would repent and receive His perfect sacrifice, God would do it all over again. For God so Loved.....this impresses me most. He so loved us that he came down to earth in the person of Jesus to be sacrificed in our place that we may be reconciled to Him! There is no greater love than for a man to give his own life for his brother. God did this once for All humanity. Suffered a painful, horrifying, death, branded as a sinner(the worst), having committed no sin, and then being nailed on the cross. All for me.  Truly amazing grace!

(3:18a) Meditate for a few minutes on this verse: "For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God." Now personalize it to imagine (1) your sins, (2) your unrighteousness, and (3) your reconciliation with God. Each of these ideas is awesome! Which of these three aspects of the verse has God impressed most strongly on you today? Select one of the three and share it.

I was impressed most strongly with reconciliation with God.  I love the fact that I can go directly to God for myself.  

I live in a world of evil.   There is temptation everywhere.  I am not strong enough as yet to block out all the distractions around me.  I thank God that He is there as my savior to listen when I pray to Him about my sinfulness.  I am not a bad person but I need to commune more with God and become a righteous Christian.  I know that He is always there waiting for me to call on Him

Q3. (3:18a) Meditate for a few minutes on this verse: "For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God." Now personalize it to imagine (1) your sins, (2) your unrighteousness, and (3) your reconciliation with God. Each of these ideas is awesome! Which of these three aspects of the verse has God impressed most strongly on you today? Select one of the three and share it.

1. My sins are forgiven through Jesus Christ dying on the cross and me being baptized.

2. I was born in sin and Jesus made it possible for me to be sin free through his death and resurrection.

3. When Jesus died that caused me to have reconciliation with God because he paid the price.

4. I must say number one my sins because they had to be removed in order for me to serve God with joy and be reconciled to him through Jesus Christ. 

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2004 at 10:08 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

1.  #3 Reconciliation with God: This  one has been on my mind all day! I was reading Lamentations this morning and how godless savages ransacked the Holy of Holies which was to be entered only by the appointed and anointed priest once a year,  stripping the holy things and taking them to Babylon! Holy Spirit brought to my mind that even Jesus was forbidden to enter the Holy of Holies while on earth. Now He is our High Priest...He IS the Holy of Holies and because of His sacrifice on the cross and redeeming me from sin, I LIVE in the Holy of Holies, so to speak. Since He will never leave me for one second, because He lives in me and I in Him (John 14:5). What a miraculous and amazing miracle that one day I was an outcast far from Him, and in one moment of reconciliation at the foot of the cross, I have freedom to boldly enter with my petitions or praise or tears at any moment I desire! How I praise and honor Him...what a wonderful Savior and Mighty God!