JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Christ Died for Your Sins

Peter 3:18,

First I must use this scripture(John 3:16) I know my sins are forgiven.Jesus died for my sins and the sins of the world to give us life.My reconciliation with God is a Faith Journey every day of my life.I go from one level to another level,like climbing stairs steps.I was saved by believing on Jesus Christ,being a baby in the word.Stay in the word ,read the word,eat the word.I then seek God for more.(New Level)I then Im baptized by the Holy Spirit,speak in tongues,the Fire Of God is an awesome presence(New Level)I seek God for more.I want more of God in my life.Each step we take in faith we reach a (New Level)God loves us and he wants us to grow in the gifts of his love ,so we can be strong in being witnesses in leading others to Jesus.Flow with God taking one step at a time in faith and He will show you great and mighty things. :) Amen

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Christ died for my sins and paid the price is awesome! Nothing more can be done as this is the final and supreme sacrifice and threr can be no more added to it. Not our works or anything we do can be added to His price for out salvation. No matter how many times I sin and fail I can come to the Cross and receive His forgiveness. What He did for me can be applied again and again for it is enough to deal with the sins of the whole world. Halellujah!

The part of I Peter 3:18a that impresses me most strongly is "For Christ died for sins once for all..." I was saved at a young age. The pastor of the church I attended at the time was more concerned with increasing his church's membership than with discipling new believers. I attended the sunday school class for my age group and during the week would read my bible and prayer. However, I would find myself getting into arguements with my siblings, disobeying my parents, all with other sins. This would confuse me. I would often think "I'm supposed to be saved,why I'm I acting like this?

Perhaps I wasn't really saved." Needless to say I often said the sinner's prayer more times than I could count.

It wasn't until I went away to college and joined Campus Crusade for Christ that things changed. I learned I didn't need to accept Jesus as my Savior over and over again,that the very first time I did it was enough. I also learned that eventho I am a Christian, I still have a sin nature. I now know that when I sin all I need to do is confess it before God and thank him for His forgiveness.

So now I am grateful that we only need to accept Jesus'

sacriface for our sins one time.

The fact that Jesus was willing to take my place and receive the punishment for my sins that I deserved is just too awesome for me to comprehend. I can't help thinking of the movie "The Passion of the Christ." During the crucifixion scene I was thinking,"He did it for me. He went thru all that torture and agony and suffering for me."

It made me think of the parable of the lost sheep. Even if I had been the only person in the world who had sinned, Jesus still would of been willing to die in my place.

Jesus' death upon the cross was a one time sacriface-never to be repeated again.

Reconcilliation is the exciting one to me. I'm so glad my sins and unrighteousness have been removed far from me, though I hate the thought of Jesus' suffering, but that is past and accomplished now.

Reconciliation is between God and me, but He also wants reconciliation in families, parents and children, brothers and sisters, husbands and wives, friends and friends. Imagine Heaven with no reconciliation problems? Also, isn't it wonderful that God places us in church communities so that those who have lost out on any part of family life can have it all within the church? Whatever you feel is lacking, provide it for others (do unto others as you would have them do unto you). It will return to you x 100 !

Q3. (3:18a) Meditate for a few minutes on this verse: "For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God." Now personalize it to imagine (1) your sins, (2) your unrighteousness, and (3) your reconciliation with God. Each of these ideas is awesome! Which of these three aspects of the verse has God impressed most strongly on you today? Select one of the three and share it.

My reconciliation with God. This is truly awesome. Who am I and what am I in the presence of the Lord to be reconciled to Him, personally? Maybe, I am God's creation, but so are millions. Maybe, I have a name, but so are millions. When God can name trillions of stars and call them by name, what is so special about my name?

Not only does He know me personally, and my name, He planned everything in advance for me. He charted my whole course of life even before my mother conceived me. This is beyond my comprehension. That is why it is mind boggling to imagine that I was reconciled to Him thro' Jesus Christ's death on the cross. It expalins to what extent He was prepared to sacrifice His only Son Jesus, that someone like me should be on personal terms with Him. Its truly awesome.

I find it fasinating. That God would want me in his family. A sinner. Not only a sinner coming into the family of God, but that He wants to raise me up. To minister to others. God loves me so much that He sent His one son. It fasinates me that we have a God, a daddy who would sacrifice His son just for me. Not only sacrifice His son, but He turned His back on His son. Then God wants me to grow up, to sit by His side and learn right next to Him. To meditate on His word, and to minister to others.

The scariest thing in the world to me today is knowing someone who refuses to believe that they are a sinner. Knowing and accepting that I am a sinner and that Jesus died for me, to make me righteous in the eyes of God so that I can be reconciled to God gives me great comfort. I believe that God impresses on me daily that I am reconciled to Him through Christ. I am but a wretched sinner and on earth I will be a sinner all my life. I have accepted the fact that no matter how I try I will never be without sin. But Christ has washed me clean in the eyes of God. God doesn't see my sin because Jesus has written his name across my name and become my advocate. This gift of reconciliation give me hope today and for the future. I pray that everyone will realize that they have all strayed and that they need Christ today and everyday.

• 1 month later...

3a. Re: 3:13a personalized to imagine--

(1) My sin is the willful disregard for God's law and the rebellion I hold in my heart against Him. I cannot dodge the truth of the fact that it is MY sin and I cannot blame it on my upbringing or a dysfunctional family or economic deprevation. I CHOOSE to sin because the heart is deceitful above all things...who can understand it?

(2 My sin is encapsulated in Peter's use of the word "unrighteous", and I am among those for whom Christ died and shed his blood for the remission of my sin. If I had been the only one who sinned and was unrighteous, he still would have gone to the Christ to redeem me from unrighteousness and exchange his righteousness for my sinful condition. This does not make me innocent, but is a judicial sense in which I am "declared not guilty" on the basis of Christ's substitutionary atonement.

(3) Therefore, on the basis of what has been done on my behalf by Christ as declared above, I am "reconciled" to God. That is, there is not just a cessation of hostilities between me and God, but there is a peace that "passeth all understanding" and I have joy in my heart. I have been adopted into the family of God. Further, because of this new status, I am empowered by the Holy Spirit to break the power of sin in my life (the habitual inclination to yield to fleshly temptation) and can walk in a new way!

3b. I suppose I remain overwhelmed by the aspect of this verse which states Christ's death for sins. Primarily because it is most humbling to imagine that he would do this for me because there is absolutely no merit on my part to support such a gracious act. (This opens up a whole discussion on grace which I still cannot completely understand, but accept it anyway.)

• 3 weeks later...
Q3. (3:18a) Meditate for a few minutes on this verse: "For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God." Now personalize it to imagine (1) your sins, (2) your unrighteousness, and (3) your reconciliation with God. Each of these ideas is awesome! Which of these three aspects of the verse has God impressed most strongly on you today? Select one of the three and share it.

Reconciliation with God! Being with Him in Spirit: that is actualize Him from my inward senses of Taste, Touch, Smell, Sight, and Hearing. To draw even nearer in an intimate relationship with God I must use all of my senses, and walk in obedience to my Father on Earth as it is in Heaven!

• 4 weeks later...

Jesus died for my sins. I now that I am not deserving of this. However by Jesus coming to us and suffering for me I need to worship God and share the news with others so that I can indeed have eternal life with the father in heaven.

• 3 weeks later...

Of these three aspects of the verse, God has impressed most strongly on me is my reconciliation with God. I can call on God every minute of every day and know that He loves me and will bless me is more than I can imagine anyone doing for me. He gives me the peace and love I need. All I have to do is ask for it and it shall be done.

• 2 months later...

What impressed me most is the reconciliation with God "to bring you to God". How wonderful that God gave his son to suffer and God himself suffered as well in spirit just so you and I can come to Him. He loves us so amazingly! It will be so wonderful when we are in heaven and can just sit at his feet. But also wonderful is the fact that we can already enjoy this communing with Him now in prayer!

• 7 months later...

:rolleyes: My unrighteousness. I did nothing to deserve redemption from any of my sins. There is nothing that I can do personally to atone for any one of my sins. And yet God now sees me as the righteousmess of God in Christ, because of Jesus' sacrifice. God now sees me the same way as He sees His own Son Jesus. I (we) are so blessed to serve such an Awesome God who cares and loves us this much. I can now have an Awesome relationship with God. I can now live out the Holy and Pure life that God calls us to through the blood that Jesus shed for me.

How lovely and Beautiful and Awesome our God truly is.

• 1 year later...

Obviously each of the three elements relate to each other but I would like to think of my unrighteousness. Sometimes I think, Why did He bother? What do I add up to and what real worth did I display? Fairly pitiful. But God's love transcends this. Unworthy as I am and deserving condemnation for how I lived my life in the world without Jesus, He still cared. He still loved me deeply and His Spirit worked to bring me to see Him and accept Him. He looked beyond my unrighteousness, my present condition. He showed me a way out of the kingdom of the world. He is absolutely righteous and holy. He is the perfect role model and teacher. In Him I have become a new creation. Unrighteousness does not have to be a permanent, ultimately deadly, condition. His conquest of sin means that I can be released from the shackles of unrighteousness.

• 5 months later...

:) The aspect of this verse that most touched me was the truth that I am reconciled to God. Understanding the sacrifice that Jesus made has really affected me deeply, to know that He loves me so much that He gave up all to reconcile me to Himself.

I kow that I can pray and God will hear and answer me; because of His sacrifice.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Jesus Christ died once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring me to God. Jesus died once for all for my sin, for my unrighteousness and to reconcile me with God.

God impressed upon me today the fact that my reconciliation with God through Jesus Christ has provided me a way and a connection with God the Father to fulfill my purpose on this planet. I am the Pastor of Grace Community Church in Live Oak, Florida. We are a Southern Baptist Church without Walls. God has used me in leading our church to be a bridge interdemonationally as well as interracially for Christian unification, service, evangelism, fellowship and such more. It is having a positive impact in the community. This is happening only because Jesus Christ reconciled me and my Father in Heaven.

I am fully delighting in serving my God and reaching the community for Jesus Christ in both word and deed on a daily basis.

• 7 months later...
Reconciliation because I think how wonderful God is to even allow us to reconcile with Him, considering we were born sinners. And I thank Him for His mercy and His saving grace.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I thought on these questions for quite sometime and I would have to choose all three, as my life for so long was in deep sin. The alchol, drugs, sex, living a life of total rebellion towards God. Marrying and being abused as well as abusive to my children. I finally came to a place in my life of wanting to committ sucide after my second husband died. The Pastor from the church who did the funeral had given me his card if I needed anything. As was I sitting in the chair I had given my husband for his birthday I begin to remember the relationship I had with Jesus as a child and how happy I felt in the church I grew up in. I knew I wanted that back, So I cried out to God and told Him if there was something better then the life I had been living I wanted it, if there wasn't then I was going to end it all at them time.

I went to the phone and called the Pastor of the church, he came to my house and we talked, He then invited me to church with my two children. We went and I found a peace there I had not had in many years. Going home I begin to think of the things the Pastor had preached. and how I felt such a warmth in my heart.

It was summer time and we had a patio in the back yard. I took a sleeping bag out there and looked up at the beatufil stars, all of a sudden I felt a strange unusual calmness come over me that I had only felt when I was under the influence of drugs and yet it was different. I begin repeating the Lords prayer with the understanding of what it meant. A weeping came over me I could not control. It was like I was being emptyed when the weeping was over I remembered what I had been taught about Jesus and his death how he had suffered on the cross for all the sins I had committed in my life from the time I was 15. The weeping started again, only this time it was different. I heard my self saying over and over " I am sorry, please forgive me. Again I felt cleansed and at peace. This time a joy rose up in me and with my eyes closed I felt I was being lifed up and I began to feel light as a feather. Shortly after, I was filled with the Holy Spirit and had God put a call on my life. I was 36 at that time. At the age of 48 I went to bible college, After that God spoke to me to give all and follow Him. I did, went into Peru for 3 years. After that I then traveled all over the Northwest preaching and ministering to the hurting and wounded. Oh, there has been so much to be grateful for in my life, Not turning back. That is my story of what Christ suffered for me, I love Him so much sometimes it hurts my heart for the life I had lived before. It is a good hurt of gratitude.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems to me that God's devised plan of Salvation for mankind was for Christ, the re-incarnated One, to come to earth, live and teach and perform miracles amongst us, and to then die the way He did, for us. If He had not died and been resurrected, there would be no redemption of our sins. So, because of this, I know my sins were washed away and I was forgiven my sins by Jesus' blood on the cross. My total 'unrighteousness' was made 'righteous' through Jesus' obedience to His Father's plan. By accepting this sacrifice and Jesus' obedience, and believing it, and living it out in my life now, I am reconciled and have a relationship of 'Abba, Father' with God.

Being 'reconciled' to God is the most amazing aspect for me. This is despite my 'unrighteousness' and sin, which I still have, yet God is the God of '2nd chances'. I strive to be acceptable in God's sight, and I do receive His blessings daily. These blessings and revelations are 'wondrous' to behold, and I humbly thank God daily for them.

• 2 months later...

The thing that I think about the most in my reconciliation to God is He love me so much that He had patience enough to wait for me to turn to Him. God sent His only begotten Son to die for me. I sinned against God big time. I would even pray to Him when I would be in the middle of a sinful act. He never left me. Even now when I sin, He gives me another chance and He even gives me scriptures to help me to change. He speaks to me when I am wrong and He stops me from going in the wrong places and doing the wrong things and that is through to Holy Spirit. My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ has a very deep love for me. I have given Him much grief and He still loves me and intercede for me. I feel so ashamed of the things I have done to disrespect my Father. I want to live holy and righteous and I can only do it with the love of God and the sacrifice of my Lord Jesus. I am nothing without Him. One thing I know is I have peace and that came from Jesus Christ. Thank you Lord Jesus for saving me!

• 2 weeks later...

Reconciliation with God is mine. The fact that he chose me and that i can have that personal relationship with him. Also that he wiped my slate clean. That I can know he is in control and i don't have to worry i can put things in his hands.

• 3 weeks later...

I can understand Jesus dying for my sins, I can understand my unrighteousness, but what I struggle to understand is God's love for me, dirty, ugly and unworthy as I am.

I struggle to grasp that He sees me as precious, worthy, loveable and righteous because of what Jesus did.

Basically I caused Jesus death on the Cross so His Father could have a relationship with me.

I don't know as a mum, if I would want a relationship of love, grace and mercy with my daughter's killer if she was to be killed.