JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Welcome

Pastor Ralph

Hi, I'm Ralph Wilson, director of Joyful Heart Renewal Ministries and the JesusWalk Bible Study Series. I live in Central California where the Sierra Nevada foothills begin to rise. I'm glad you've signed up for this study. It's exciting to meet other people who are involved in this Bible study.

Why don't you share a bit about yourself, and what state and country you are from. Please do NOT include your e-mail address. Be discrete about sharing private things about yourself.

• 1 month later...

I'm Bette Cox from Florence, SC, a long-time Bible student / teacher, as well as intercessor and writer. I look forward to reading your insights. I was part of the outpouring of the Holy Spirit that happened in South Carolina in the 1970's and one of many believers in my area who are praying for another one in these days.

Hello my name is Mary Wyrick. I love bible studies.I think the studies give you better insight of God's word. I am from Knoxville Tn and enjoy quilting in the cold winter days.   In the warm months I love working in my flower gardens.I am so glad to be a part of this bible study.

Hi! I'm gwen living in King George, VA. I'm just a regular average sheep in the pasture of God seeking to know Him better. i look forward to studying w/ ya'll & enjoying fellowship together as we feast on His good word. i''m hopeful that "whatever happens, we will conduct ourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. And we will know that we stand firm in the one Spirit, striving together as one for the faith of the gospel!" Philippians 1:27 (paraphrased) in His love!

Hi! I'm Sherri from McClure, OH (800 people) and I attend Church in Grand Rapids, OH (Apple Butter Fest fame) at the Wesleyan Church.  I have some cognitive issues with my Multiple Sclerosis so please be patient with me. I teach our Kids at Church on Wednesday night. "Who's Who In The Bible Crew".  I love it. I love to crochet and bake bread in my spare time.  Looking forward to learning how to listen for God's voice.

Hi! I’m Vanessa and I live in Phoenix, AZ. I am 28 years old and have been married to my sweet husband for almost 6 years now! I love singing, painting and people! I also teach students with behavioral difficulties English & Social Studies. I am so excited for this study! Thank you so much for providing this as a free resource—it is so appreciated! 

On November 28, 2017 at 12:52 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Hi, I'm Ralph Wilson, director of Joyful Heart Renewal Ministries and the JesusWalk Bible Study Series. I live in Central California where the Sierra Nevada foothills begin to rise. I'm glad you've signed up for this study. It's exciting to meet other people who are involved in this Bible study.

Why don't you share a bit about yourself, and what state and country you are from. Please do NOT include your e-mail address. Be discrete about sharing private things about yourself.

6 hours ago, VanessaKristen said:

Hi! I’m Vanessa and I live in Phoenix, AZ. I am 28 years old and have been married to my sweet husband for almost 6 years now! I love singing, painting and people! I also teach students with behavioral difficulties English & Social Studies. I am so excited for this study! Thank you so much for providing this as a free resource—it is so appreciated! 

Good Morning, I'm Catherine from Pittsburgh, PA.  I am a full time teacher at a middle school--my second career.  My husband and I are also pastors of a small church.  I'm feeling pulled to move in another direction of Spiritual Formation at the Pittsburgh Seminary.  "Listening for God's Voice" seems to be a good place to start in this area of study. I love to read God's Word, research, read commentaries, take notes and journal my prayers for insight and direction.  I love Jesus immensely!

Hi everyone my name is Jennifer Strnad and I live with my mom and my pets in Peshtigo,WI USA. I am having trouble hearing from God myself and I do all the praying but don't let Him speak through His word or some other way. I am hoping after the study I will wait more for His voice. 

Hi! I'm Kerryn & I live in Adelaide, South Australia where we overlook beautiful sea views. My wonderful hubby of 33 years is also doing this Bible Study with me. We have decided to take this series very slowly as I've been ill for a number of years now & struggle with the energy to concentrate for long. I hope you'll all be patient with me/us as we travel with the Lord together on this very special journey. I may be slow, but my heart (& my hubby's heart) for the Lord is full! God has always guided us in surprising ways, so I trust that He will continue to lead us in even more surprising ways! God bless. :)

Hi all. I go by sheetmetalmike I am new to this. This study caught my eye. I have a hard time hearing God's voice. I want to strengthen my ability to discerne the voice of God. My wife and I became Christians late in life. I have been a sheet metal worker since 1976. I enjoy outside activities. Just took up the hobby of metal detecting. The small group we meet with will be going thru this study with us. Looking forward to what God is going to reveal during the time of study. In Jesus name.

Hello!  I have been a Christian since 1979, and have had many ups and downs since then, including a three-year Bible school, and a predisposition to depression, and caring for my grandmother in our home for her last several years. I enjoy nature, photography, and arts & crafts.

God chose a wonderful Christian husband for me (I did not make good choices before that!) and he is "perfect" for me. We have many International student friends in the local university. Together we hold Bible studies in our home for International university students who want to understand American culture better. Since it was based upon the Bible, becoming somewhat familiar with the Bible helps them both with the culture and with many of our idioms.

I am new to the forums, but not to Dr. Wilson's Bible studies (I have done a few). My mother has joined me on this one, and I'm looking forward to what we will learn together. By the way, thank you, again, Dr. Wilson, for the audio versions of your Bible studies. They are so helpful for those of us who have difficulty focusing and concentrating when we read!

Hello I am Maggie B and I am from a little town in Northern Ontario Canada...I love cooking...and helping at my church. I have been married for almost 20 years to a wonderful Man that is truly a gift from God...I am doing this Bible study with a group of wonderful ladies from my church...I am hoping to understand about listening for Gods voice...

Hello,  my name is Carrie C. I live near Kansas City in MO and am struggling through the early part of a new season in my life.  My husband and I have 5 children between us, all of which are now out of the house, and have since become the very proud grandparents of what I do believe may be the 2 sweetest babies ever.  I have also had some health issues over the last year or so that have kept me from working for the first time in my life.  It has been an extremely bittersweet time of change for me and I am sincerely hoping to learn how to listen in this unfamiliar silence to find what the Lord has up his sleeve for all of us now.  This will be my first online  Bible study and I am excited to get started. Thanks 

• 2 months later...
On 1/30/2018 at 9:21 PM, C.C. said:

Hello,  my name is Carrie C. I live near Kansas City in MO and am struggling through the early part of a new season in my life.  My husband and I have 5 children between us, all of which are now out of the house, and have since become the very proud grandparents of what I do believe may be the 2 sweetest babies ever.  I have also had some health issues over the last year or so that have kept me from working for the first time in my life.  It has been an extremely bittersweet time of change for me and I am sincerely hoping to learn how to listen in this unfamiliar silence to find what the Lord has up his sleeve for all of us now.  This will be my first online  Bible study and I am excited to get started. Thanks 

Hi Carrie C. I pray that you are hearing God's voice. God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good!

Hi, my name is Jennifer. I live in Barbados. I have been struggling in my christian walk.  There are times I believe that I am a christian and then at other times I ask myself if I am truly a christian or just pretending.  I have started several bible study courses but never finished them. I am praying that as I go through this one, I will endure to the end and be the better for it.  io believe that God was instrumental in me being here and I am joyously looking forward to find out what He has in store for me.  God bless all of you.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, My name is Darlene and I am from a small town in Ohio. I am 59 years old and came to the Lord about 8 years ago. I am a daughter, mother, grandmother and lover Of Jesus.  I too was not hearing from God. I stumbled across this study about 3 months after the Lord had shown me how to study His word as I was also struggling with that. Shortly after I had made a commitment to wake up at 5 am to study God's word as I had been neglecting prayer and study and knowing that was the source of not being in tune with God. This study was another way God led me, not a coincidence at all!  Blessings to all

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2017 at 11:52 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Hi fellow Christians,

My name is Paul and I live in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois.  I’ve believed in God my whole life but wasn’t Baptized until I was 33years old in Elmhurst Presbyterian Church.  I’ve been walking in the light for more than 30 years, I’m 47 years old.  I like to work out at my gym and go there everyday, I love to lift weights.  

• 7 months later...

Hello everyone, my name is Ricky Walker.  I live in Baltimore, Maryland.  I am excited about learning to hear God's voice.  When I was younger, God began to speak to me, but I became afraid, because I did not think I could or would want to do what he said.  I am now 56 years old, and I yearn to hear His voice.  I realize now that He wanted a more intimate loving relationship that would bless my life more, and get more glory out of my life.  i am ready for the adventure that lies ahead, for His love is an everlasting love, and His thoughts concerning us are of good and not of evil.  I thank God for you all, and for Dr Ralph Wilson.  God bless, and may you continue to grow in grace!

My name is Vickie... I liVe in Missouri... just South of Kansas City about an hour.
I am a few days late getting here & getting started so pardon my tardiness please. 
Nearly 3 yrs ago, God reached out to me as I sat in a hotel room... my life has neVer
been the same. Praise & glory to God!!  ... a complete metamorphosis/transformation!! 
He changed how I eat... how I talk... how I laugh... how I sing... how I express myself...
losing 60 pounds at the onset of my Walk with Him!!  I owe Him my ALL!!  He IS my 
everything & my ALL things!!  Hallelujah!! ☺️

• 7 months later...

Hi I’m Charlie and, ‘I live in a “Land Down Under” ‘ in Australia, (although I’m actually a Kiwi, [New Zealander]), and I do eat VEGEMITE like it says in the song.

I am retired now, but lived in a Ecumenical Christian Community for about 26 years, snd have had many wonderful experiences of God’s love. 

That doesn’t mean that I haven’t made many mistakes, or even haven’t been downright stupid at times! 

So why am I doing a course on Learning to Hear God‘s Voice?  Because old people can become hard of hearing, and even forget what they have learnt in the past about hearing God! 

So I look forward to accompanying you as we go on this journey together!  ??

On 1/16/2018 at 3:18 AM, Kerryn said:

Hi! I'm Kerryn & I live in Adelaide, South Australia where we overlook beautiful sea views. My wonderful hubby of 33 years is also doing this Bible Study with me. We have decided to take this series very slowly as I've been ill for a number of years now & struggle with the energy to concentrate for long. I hope you'll all be patient with me/us as we travel with the Lord together on this very special journey. I may be slow, but my heart (& my hubby's heart) for the Lord is full! God has always guided us in surprising ways, so I trust that He will continue to lead us in even more surprising ways! God bless. :)

God bless you in your struggles, and thanks for sharing. I’m Sure He will continue to lead & guide you both! ??

• 2 months later...

Hello Everyone,  I'm Pam and I live in Talking Rock, Georgia. For many years I tried life my way, through 4 failed marriages. BUT GOD - never gave up on me and in 2002, after my 4th divorce, I was attending a very intense three days with Jesus and I realized that it was time for me to surrender my life to the one who created me in my mothers womb. The one who never gave up on me and never stopped loving me.  He transformed me and when I share my testimony I have people say they cannot imagine the "old". As we all know and as God told us, it hasl not be an easy road and I have messed up but this I know, Jesus is my hope and He has placed me here on earth for a purpose. I strive to know and love His word. Look forward to sharing with others. 

Blessings!

• 1 year later...