JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Mind of Christ

Because The Holy Spirit has access to Jesus. They are connected and The Holy Spirit Always knows Jesus thoughts. They are One God in three people but still one God.

It makes me dependent on The Holy Spirit because he is God just like The Father and Jesus is God. The Holy Spirit knows Jesus thoughts.

I listen for The Holy Spirit's leading when I need advice or confirmation if what I am thinking is coming from God or myself or some deceit from the devil. The Holy Spirit is always faithful in leading us into truth.

Edited by Bianca
Pasted wrong

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 Corinthians 2:9-16) How does the Holy Spirit make “the mind of Christ” available to us?

When we become believers in God we become new creatures in Him. Our oldest man (spirit) is dead and our new man is filled with the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is in us which means we also have the mind of Christ in us, since he dwells in us.

How does this make you dependent upon the Holy Spirit?

The Holy Spirit, is our intercessor, our helper. We need to be filled with the Holy Spirit in order to hear from God and have a relationship with Him. 

How does this relate to listening for God’s voice?

Being filled with the Holy Spirit gives you the wisdom to speak the truth.

• 5 months later...

Q.4 The Holy Spirit make available  the mind of Christ to us , by revealing to us God's deepest desires to us things that a natural mind cannot fathom , because they are revealed  by the Spirit

It relates to listening to the voice of God , because without the mind of Christ in us we cannot be able to hear God because  we able to  hear God as we spend our time with Him, and that is when we get His revelations to us

• 5 weeks later...

Ambiguous, dubious, faint, fuzzy, nebulous, obscure …

Nuanced nudges … vague visions … obscured utterances …

It is all so frustrating; like trying to hear someone with cotton in, and a stereo on. Even when I turn down the stereo, to discern is … not impossible but improbable? 

Father, in the name of Your son, and my savior, please teach me where I need to learn. Help me to discern between intrusive thoughts, Satan's distraction, and Your holy, sweet voice! Please teach me clarity of understanding and to discern Your voice and Your thoughts. 

It's happened before and You are my sole hope; I need You to help me again! In my desire, but also in my lack of desire! Show me … so I can see and hear You. Show Your glory so that I can know You as Paul did. Start again with me and show Your boundless mercy in me. Speak to my soul; say, "come away with Me and let us talk as men do." Then grant me Your unlimited grace to withdraw from this place and feel the love a Father shows His adopted son.
#tozerNme

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/28/2017 at 1:04 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q4. (1 Corinthians 2:9-16) How does the Holy Spirit make “the mind of Christ” available to us? How does this make you dependent upon the Holy Spirit? How does this relate to listening for God’s voice?

The Holy Spirit ready's us, through prayer, in mediation and speaking in tongues.

We need the Holy Spirit to hear, to learn.

God speaks to us through the Holy Spirit.