JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Mind of Christ

On 11/28/2017 at 10:04 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q4. (1 Corinthians 2:9-16) How does the Holy Spirit make “the mind of Christ” available to us? How does this make you dependent upon the Holy Spirit? How does this relate to listening for God’s voice?

How does the Holy Spirit make “the mind of Christ” available to us?

The mind of Christ has been revealed to the Holy Spirit.  This He makes known to us.

How does this make you dependent upon the Holy Spirit? How does this relate to listening for God’s voice?

Only through what has been revealed to The Holy Spirit can we know what God has revealed for us to know.  To               know what God is saying we must have a relationship with the Holy Spirit.  If we're listening for God's voice, we'll             hear Him by The Holy Spirit.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4. (1 Corinthians 2:9-16)

Q. How does the Holy Spirit make "the mind of Christ" available to us?

A. The Holy Spirit being one with the Trinity knows exactly what the Lord Jesus Christ thinks and is able to communicate same to us. 

Q. How does this make you dependent upon the Holy Spirit?

A. This makes me to recognize His role, invite Him to stay in me and to be sure I do not drive Him away with impure acts; and to incline my ears to hear Him

Q. How does this relate to listening for God's voice?

A. It means we have the Holy Spirit that is available to help us in our quest to hear God speak to us thus we need only to make ourselves available to His small voice as he reads that of the father/ Son and speaks into our own minds.

On 11/29/2017 at 2:04 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q4. (1 Corinthians 2:9-16) How does the Holy Spirit make “the mind of Christ” available to us? How does this make you dependent upon the Holy Spirit? How does this relate to listening for God’s voice?

How does the Holy Spirit make “the mind of Christ” available to us?

Today as we read the Bible, after prayers, requesting the Lord to reveal His Direction and Plans in every question we have, we receive the answers from the Lord, as the Holy Spirit enables us to grasp the meaning of the Bible verse we are reading or the Lord places the thoughts and opinions into our minds right when we are meditating on His Word.
This requires us to strip our flesh from ourself, and use that spirit within us, to enable the spirit to move our mind to what the Lord wants to say.

How does this make you dependent upon the Holy Spirit?

This enables me to discern his warnings and signs of what may come, in my life, and in the lives of my friends and family whom I pray for, and this helps me make each day, or rather live it according to what the Lord wants it to be. His will be done in my life.

How does this relate to listening for God’s voice?

Everything is about God's Voice. Today we seek His total direction because the world is chaos without Him directly telling our Ministers and Leaders of the World what to do. If that is impossible because they are not christians, then it is the duty of every christian to pray for the leaders of the world to be moved by God or show us what is to come, to allow us to prepare, whatever may come, only to fulfill all the Lord desires in our lives, in our nation and on earth of course.

On 28/11/2017 at 8:04 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

God's Spirit and not the world's is in us once we accept Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. We have the mind of Christ once we have the Holy Spirit in us. It is then incumbent on us to obey the promptings of His Spirit and live as He wishes us to live. Only by discerning God speaking to us are we able to know that it is in fact the Holy Spirit, through Him who is leading and directing our thoughts and actions.

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 1:04 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

a.) The mind of Christ is available to us by the Spirit of God.   b.)We have to be dependent upon the Holy Spirit because we need the mind of Christ to make right decisions and to get direction for our lives.   c.) Because we can listen to God's voice in our quiet time because God's Spirit is in us and speaks to our spirit, guides us and shows us things to come.

How does the Holy Spirit make "the mind of Christ" available to us?

Through our spirit and thoughts in honouring God and listening to the Holy Spirit’s response within us - in spending time alone in prayer, bible study and holy reflection to God. Jesus used to often go away alone to pray and spend time with His Father and the Holy Spirit. His Father answered His deepest prayers and guided His every step.

O how important is this word to me this day!

Jesus life here was guided by the Holy Spirit and so can our lives. Jesus listened and obeyed. We can too!

How does this relate to listening for God's voice?

The Holy Spirit within us can reveal God’s thoughts to us, for everything we prayerfully bring before Him. We have to ask from our deepest being, handing our request over to God.

• 2 weeks later...

Q4. (1 Corinthians 2:9-16) How does the Holy Spirit make "the mind of Christ" available to us? By revealing God’s thought to us. “We have the Holy Spirit who can communicate and mediate our thoughts at their most basic level and communicate to our spirits God’s guidance and truth.

-      The ability to cast out “difficult” demons comes from a life of prayer, which the disciples lacked early in their ministry.

-      In the Paraclete passages of John 14 – 16, Jesus promises that the Holy Spirit will: (a) guide disciples into way of truth (John 16:13); (b) teach the disciples (John 14:26); (c) speak to the disciples what the Spirit hears from their Father (John 16:13a; and (d) declare to the disciples what is to come (John 16:13b).

-      The Holy Spirit mediates to us the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:9-11, 16).

There is a clear Bible pattern of God speaking to people in both the Old and New Testaments.

• 2 weeks later...

Q4. (1 Corinthians 2:9-16) How does the Holy Spirit make “the mind of Christ” available to us? Because the Holy Spirit knows the mind of God and knows everyone in-depth. So the Spirit provides us guidance through the mind of Christ. "What would Jesus do"

Vs12 Now we have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who comes from God, so that we may understand what has been freely given to us by God.

How does this relate to listening for God’s voice? It relates tremendously because the Holy Spirit is the key to hear God. If not  ones own thoughts would be heard and put into action would may not be Christ like. 

• 3 months later...
On 11/28/2017 at 12:04 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

We speak not in words of a man’s wisdom, but by which the Holy Ghost teaches us.  We have the mind of Jesus Christ through the teaching of the Holy Ghost.  We are dependent on the Holy Ghost to discern between the natural man and the spiritual man.  God pours out His Spirit freely through the Holy Ghost.  We must worship God in the Spirit and in the Truth, then we will hear God speak through ways we never thought possible, we have to be listening because when God speaks he has a lot to say.  We won’t actually hear him speak as He did to the Prophets because he has set up our salvation through Jesus Christ.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Q4. (1 Corinthians 2:9-16) How does the Holy Spirit make "the mind of Christ" available to us? How does this make you dependent upon the Holy Spirit? How does this relate to listening for God's voice?

He can give us the mind of Christ by helping us to hear and feel and imagine how Christ would experience any event or person we are likely to meet be involved in. This might come even from entering into a Biblical story. It's an angle on listening and experiencing that we often don't think about.

• 1 month later...

Q4. (1 Corinthians 2:9-16) How does the Holy Spirit make “the mind of Christ” available to us? How does this make you dependent upon the Holy Spirit? How does this relate to listening for God’s voice?

God’s thoughts are higher than our thoughts and If we try to perceive His thoughts through our own efforts, we will miserably fail. But we have been given the Holy Spirit, who is God Himself, to live in us and He knows God's thoughts for us and can communicate them to us ina way we can understand. Thus He communicates His guidance and truth for our lives. Thank God for the Holy Spirit, for If we did not have the Holy Spirit, we would have never heard Him in our lives. 

• 2 weeks later...

Q4. (1 Corinthians 2:9-16) How does the Holy Spirit make "the mind of Christ" available to us? How does this make you dependent upon the Holy Spirit? How does this relate to listening for God's voice?

No eye has seen, no ear has heard, nor has it entered the heart of man, what God has in store for those who love Him. But God has revealed to us (only) by His Spirit. for the Spirit searches deep things of God. We can know things of God only by the help of the Holy Spirit. Even the things we speak must not be in words that man’s wisdom teaches, but which the Holy Spirit teaches. Spiritual things can only be know by His Spirit. We develop mind of Christ in this process. By depending on the Holy Spirit, we know the deep things of God, gives us discernment in all that we do, we speak as we are taught by His Spirit, and causes close fellowship with Holy Spirit. This increases our relationship with God to hear, understand and obey Him to walk the Christian walk that glorifies Son of God.

• 1 month later...
On 11/28/2017 at 6:04 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

The Holy Spirit makes the mind of Christ available to us because the Personhood of the Spirit is one with the Father and hence knows the mind of God.  We who are believers receive the Sprit of Christ as a gift from God.  The indwelling (interior) guide is a part of the father personhood and therefore we have access to the Father and his thoughts and will for us through the Holy Spirit.  This priviledged realtionship enables us to become dependent on the Holy Spirit if our hope is to be more like Christ.

This relates to listening to God's voice because the Spirit knows the deep things of God which we have been given access to understand the things God has freely given us.

Edited by JAT
changing a few words

• 3 months later...

Q4. (1 Corinthians 2:9-16) How does the Holy Spirit make “the mind of Christ” available to us? How does this make you dependent upon the Holy Spirit? How does this relate to listening for God’s voice?

The Spirit searches up all things. If we are tuned to Him, we can hear His words. The Holy Spirit can reveal to us many things and secrets, for that we need the Holy Spirit. In the same way we have to be tuned to the Holy Spirit, we must be equally tuned to God the Father

• 10 months later...
On 11/28/2017 at 1:04 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q4. (1 Corinthians 2:9-16) How does the Holy Spirit make “the mind of Christ” available to us?

Like the scripture says, no one knows God's thoughts and plans, unless he shares them with you. He made his mind known to His Son, and Jesus in turn used this to teach is disciples. God can share his mind with us through his Spirit-- if he chooses to. You will only understand what God wants for you, if God shared the spirit of his mind with you.  "Those who are spiritual can evaluate all things, but they themselves cannot be evaluated by others. 16 For, 'Who can know the LORD ’s thoughts? Who knows enough to teach him?' But we understand these things, for we have the mind of Christ.'  So basically, God only shares his mind with those that are able to receive the gift of knowledge. "But people who aren’t spiritual can’t receive these truths from God’s Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can’t understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means." 

How does this make you dependent upon the Holy Spirit? I guess it makes us more aware of clues He is sending, so that we can act accordingly. So listen intently.

Well listening for God's voice is basically the same thing as understating the Christ's mind. If the Spirit of God has chosen to share his plans with you, you will know it and live accordingly. You will look for signs and clues, and hope that your choices align with those that were destined for you by Lord Jesus and the Holy Father. As long as you believe that, you're on your way.   

• 5 months later...

"If you keep your mind and your heart is full of the things of this world, it will be difficult for you to differentiate between the Spirit of God and your own thoughts. in Mark 4:24-28 “and He said to them, be careful what you are hearing.”

John 4:24 tells us: “God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit.”

"The Spirit reveals the Mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:9-11, 16). The Holy Spirit can reveal God's thoughts and Christ's mind to believers. Any and every believer has access to the mind of Christ through faith. Those who have the mind of Christ are able to discern spiritual thing. God has made us "partakers of the divine nature.” Because we have the old mind (set), our minds need to be consistently renewed (1 Romans 12:1-2); moving away from the mind of the flesh and into the mind of Christ.

"God is spirit, and His worshippers must worship in spirit and in truth. To have the mind of Christ, a person must first have the Holy Spirit. (1 Corinthians 6:17) But the one who joins himself to the Lord is one spirit with Him. Romans 8:14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.  Romans 8:16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. 1 Cor 12:7-10 (NKJ) But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, ...to another discerning of spirits...'

The above mentioned are insights from various sources. Studying and researching about hearing the voice-of-God. Still feel like i am missing some essential passages.

On 11/28/2017 at 2:04 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

The Holy Spirit makes "the mind of Christ" available to through words, through promptings or nudges, and through glimpses, which help to guide us in the way we should go.  It is like walking in the dark with just a candle for light.  You can only see far enough ahead just to take one step at a time.

This makes me totally dependent upon the Holy Spirit, for it is only He who can intercede on my behalf and in turn relate to me what the Father wants of me.

I think how this relates to listening for God's voice, is that if I am dependent on the Holy Spirit then I will wait on Him for guidance and instructions which come from the Father, for He, the Holy Spirit, will only say what He hears the Father say.

• 1 month later...

The Holy Spirit knows the mind of Christ, and the deep secrets of Our Father. When we receive the Holy Spirit, the Spirit reveals to us all things. We have been given Christ way of thinking.

That same Spirit that fell on Christ, that rose Him from the dead is the same Spirit that brings us back to life at our spiritial rebirth. The Spirit knows the mind of Christ, therefore when we are reborn of the Spirit, and the Spirit resides within us, it enables us to also know the mind of Christ.

To help us make proper judgments in life.

We are called to become Christlike, so we depend on the Holy Spirit for peace, comfort, and strength. To teach us how to become like Him, to love and forgive our enemies, to turn the other cheek, to pray for those who persecute us. To become servants in a dying world. To become a living sacrifice, to boldly preach Fathers coming Kingdom, repentance, and the salvation which is in Jesus Christ.

We rely on the Holy Spirit to guide and protect us down the path that leads to maturity in Christ Jesus, a path that increases our love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

(Galatians 5:22-23 - The Fruits of The Holy Spirit)

Father speaks to us through the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit intercedes for us, it tells Father what is really going on, even when words fail to leave our mouths, so that Father can work in our lives according to our needs. The Spirit tells us what is and is not Fathers will.

Love and Blessings to you all. Xx

• 7 months later...

One reason I signed up to take this online tutorial is that I need to know God’s specific will for my life. I recently had a unusual and audacious idea, one unlike me,  on which I’m moving forward. Tentatively. I am not certain this is God’s voice and need to know.

The Isaiah passages with which you opened this section were wonderful because in them it is said that GOD HAS PREPARED (something) for those who love Him as well as revealed (this something) by or with His spirit.

Yes!  There is something “out there” that God has prepared for me, and, more importantly, He will reveal it via the Holy Spirit. You wrote, “We have the Holy Spirit who can communicate and mediate our thoughts at their most basic level and communicate to our spirits God's guidance and truth.

So, why is this revelation so murky? Why doesn’t God communicate more clearly??? Humility?

To answer your specific questions: The Holy Spirit links me and God like old-timey telephone wires used to link callers. This  communication is two-way. Thus, the ideas or mind of Christ come through the wire of the Holy Spirit into my mind, just as my thoughts go to God through the same wire. Without the Holy Spirit, I’d be unable to communicate directly as I’d be in the Old Testament era of law.  So, I listen to God’s voice by listening to the still, small voice of the Holy Spirit.

• 3 months later...

How does the Holy Spirit make “the mind of Christ” available to us? 

He reminds us of all we need to know—He prompts and teaches us. He is one with the Father and Son (though separate and distinct) so He gives us the mind of Christ. 

Because I am a sinner, there is no good in me except what Christ gives. This understanding, though at a basic level because I see in a mirror dimly, throws me at the Holy Spirit hungering for wisdom from above instead of earthly ‘intelligence’, which is worthless. 

The Holy Spirit teaches us what is from the Lord and His Word. I must test whatever I hear against the Word and depend on the Holy Spirit for truth. 

• 5 months later...

I Corinthians 2:9-16 We have received the Holy Spirit when we receive Jesus so that we may understand what God has given us.

The Holy Spirit gives us understanding of what God is saying.

We have the mind of Christ because of the Holy Spirit inside of us. The more we spend time getting to know Him the more we will be connected. Then we will hear the Holy Spirit more clearly. Have to spend quality time with Him  pray and take time to just listen.

• 6 months later...

Q4. (1 Corinthians 2:9-16)

God has unveiled all that He has prepared for us, to us, through the Holy Spirit.   The Holy Spirit is within us, so we may know and understand the wonderful things freely given to us, by God.  We also speak of these things in words taught by the Spirit.  The spiritual man questions, examines and applies what the Holy Spirit reveals.  So we have the mind of Christ, i.e, we are guided by His thoughts and purposes, because we listen to and follow the Holy Spirit's leading and guiding. 

• 4 months later...

Through His guidance and teachings, the Spirit makes know to us the mind of Christ. We cannot know Christ unless we are deep-rooted in His Word. When we sincerely ask God To show Himself mighty and power in our lives, He truly does and we always believe what the Holy Spirit tells us because we live in Him and Him in us.

I become dependent on the Holy Spirit because He is the Spirit of truth send to us from the Father by Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ says if He does not go, the Holy Spirit will not come. Therefore, the Trinity in me becomes complete as God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit always complement one another. 

Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit always listened to what the Father says and do what He does. Therefore, it is always important to follow in the footsteps of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit and do what God tells me to do because without Him, I can do nothing.