JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Done with Sinning

A person who suffers physically no longer sins. This was evidenced by Jesus's death on the cross. Jesus suffered death for our sins.  Jesus is sinless. The attitude helps us to renounce evil, our fleshly desires and to live as God desires.  We should remember that just as Jesus’ death was to get rid of our sins, so the redemption of sins can only occur through bodily death as Jesus did for us.  As a result, we must not live by earthly ****, but doing God’s will. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. (4:1-2) When the scripture says "arm yourselves with the same attitude" as Christ had, how should this attitude help keep you from sin? What attitude are we talking about

Christ defeated sin on the cross. Christ triumphed over sin. We, also, who profess to be followers of Christ, redeemed by the power of the blood of Jesus, have been empowered by Christ through the HOLY SPIRIT, to overcome all evil thoughts, temptations, etc. We are to arm ourselves, program our minds(prayer, bible reading) to believe that we are more than conquerors in Christ. Sin no longer has a hold on us, unless we allow it to. Like Christ hates sin, we, too, should hate sin. When we think of what Jesus went through for us, it should embolden us to fight all kinds of sin, not by our own efforts, but through the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God that we may be able to stand against the wiles of the enemy!

Q1. (4:1-2) When the scripture says "arm yourselves with the same attitude" as Christ had, how should this attitude help keep you from sin? What attitude are we talking about?

As  Dr Ralph writes  "The insight that Jesus died a horrible death because of our sin ought to be a sword in our hand to defend us from sin returning to harass and defeat us. Just as Jesus died for sins "once for all," so we are to be "done" with sin ourselves. "

Jesus understood at God's desire for people to be free from sin and death was so strong that Jesus intentionally took upon himself the sins of the world so that the beating and that he received the nails drove into his hands and the six hours of pain and Agony on the cross were endured so that all humankind would be able to come righteously before God covered with a blanket of righteousness so that our sins could not be seen by God the Creator.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2004 at 9:41 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q1. (4:1-2) When the scripture says "arm yourselves with the same attitude" as Christ had, how should this attitude help keep you from sin? What attitude are we talking about?

When we arm ourselves as Christ did against sin we should remember that he had to resist temptation just as we do. He obeyed God the Father's will. So, also we should obey the will of the Lord so that we can resist temptation.

Following the will of the Lord is what we need to do in order to resist evil.  

Q1. (4:1-2)

Q. When the scripture says "arm yourselves with the same attitude" as Christ had, how should this attitude help keep you from sin?

A. Christ suffered for us once and for all, we too should do away with willful sin in our lives once and for all.

Q. What attitude are we talking about?

A. Our attitude to indulge in sin with impunity.

Thank you Lord! 

I proud myself to study this lesson  1 Petrus 4 very important for my life in my Situation.

Jesus died for me so I live and safe in  Jesus Christs Hand

I deside to throw away the old sins to follow Jesus as  my weapon in my hand to defend me from sin returning to harass and defeat me.

Because of that we spend our time and must suffer like Jesus did for u. 

• 3 weeks later...

When the scripture says "arm yourselves with the same attitude" as Christ had it tells us that we are to live this life with the desires of the flesh but rather we should live fr the will of God.  The attitude will keep us from sin when we are buried in Christ through  His Holy Word. Our attitude should be holiness.

"Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because he who has suffered in his body is done with sin. As a result, he does not live the rest of his earthly life for evil human desires, but rather for the will of God." (4:1-2)