JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Done with Sinning

undefined Q1. (4:1-2) When the scripture says "arm yourselves with the same attitude" as Christ had, how should this attitude help keep you from sin? What attitude are we talking about?

:( The attitude of Christ was of sacrifice and love. When Christ died for sin on the cross, He finished a job for us so that we can be far from sin, armed with that same attitude. This attitude of love and sacrifice for others can bring us closer to God and take us far away from sin. It brings about a change in our outlook and character. Put on the whole armor of God says Paul. Armed with the whole armor and with the Christlike attitude of love and sacrifice, there is no doubt about our relationship to other believers and unto Christ Himself

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The attitude we should have is,we are finished with sin..Christ Jesus gave his life for us so we can have life.We should rise above the sins of the world.Jesus lives in us.Share the word of God with others who dont know Jesus.Help them turn their life around just as someone helped you.Satan is already defeated.When Jesus took the keys from satan and stripped him of every thing.Satan has no power,nothing to fight back with.So it is finished.Praises to your Holy Name Jesus our Savior.Amen

Q1. (4:1-2) When the scripture says "arm yourselves with the same attitude" as Christ had, how should this attitude help keep you from sin? What attitude are we talking about?

Christ had nothing more to do with those sins he took to the cross, for our salvation. We should have the same attitude, not living after the flesh and our worldly ****, but to cease any further conection with our past sins that we are dead to. To live for the things of God, not the things of our old nature of the world.

When the scripture says "arm yourselves with the same attitude" as Christ had, how should this attitude help keep you from sin? What attitude are we talking about?

The attitude that Jesus had was one of obedience to the Father. His obedience was born out of Love. So we must keep an attitude of Love and obedience to God and it will keep us desiring to serve God and please Him. If we have this attitude we will greive over any sin that comes into our lives for we are living not unto ourselves but living our lives unto Him

I immediately thought of the spiritual warfare studies and II Corinthians 10:2-6. Truth, Love, Righteousness, Faith-Prayer are the weapons we must be armed with. We have to face it, there are strongholds of evil that we must have broken down by God. Only God can capture the man. But then there comes the time when we as Christians must take responsibility for capturing our thoughts for Christ. If we do not examine our thinking and bring it under control our Christian relationship will be weak. If you want permanent victory, it is absolutely necessary for you to do this. This is the attitude Christ had. He knew the mighty power of these weapons. Once we know freedom in Christ, we must set out to obey or we will end up right back where we were. I'm glad we had this question. I really need to study this again. And I think that is what it takes, to read and re-read the Scripture and meditate on these life giving principals which we have to learn from and remind ourselves. Our responsibility for keeping the fortress that God has broken down the walls of.

• 1 month later...
Q1. (4:1-2) When the scripture says "arm yourselves with the same attitude" as Christ had, how should this attitude help keep you from sin? What attitude are we talking about?

The attitudes we are here exhorted to be like are in by dieing to sin, living to God, sobriety, prayer, charity, hospitality, and the best improvement of our talents.

• 3 weeks later...

It should help keep from sinning knowing that Jesus willingly took upon him the suffering for all our sins to save us from a life in eternal hell. He wants us to be with him and the father in eternal joy and life.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This attitude of Christs' was self-sacrificing. He did not give in to selfish desires. 1 Peter 4:3 lists some of what these are. We humans are so prone to them in one form or another. Overeating is one of them.(I struggle with this one) and many others. I found it very interesting in verse 1 "because he who has suffered in his body is done with sin. v.3. As a RESULT he does not live the rest of his earthly life for evil human desires, but rather for the will of God." So by not giving in to sin, we are made stronger to resist sin. The attitude is self sacrifice. Give in to God's will and live your life with freedom!!!

• 6 months later...

To me this verse means that no matter what Jesus was going to press on, He refused to give up because he knew what needed to be done to fulfill God's will, plan and purpose for all of our lives. Jesus looked to God to arm HIM with STRENGTH and to keep HIS focus. Jesus put HIS trust and HIS life in God's hands and believed that everything was going to work out for good.

I think this passage is talking about having a "determined" attitude. To obey God no matter what the cost. To have an attitude that fully trusts in God and that He alone knows what needs to take place in our lives, our circumstances exc. to work out for His and our own good.

• 1 year later...

CHRIST Suffered unjustly and physsically for us. He naecer opened His mouth. All sin from the beginning of time were on Him.but was willing to suffer for us and doing good, There will be times as Christiand to suffer unjustly and scorned and we should expect that knowing what Christ wwwent through, our attitude should be one od to ive in accordance to His will. W e should live as unto the Lord and daily in the forgiveness of sins.

Christ Christ suffered willingly for dying for our sins. As a followwer of Christ we should expect us to be unjustly suffer as well. We are to have the mind of Christ. We are to Prioitize all things, to leave the old lilie and willingly to follow Christ at al costs.

• 3 weeks later...

Jesus suffered great pain to conquer sin for all mankind through His death on the cross. Having overcome sin, He would have nothing to do with it. Having accepted Jesus and made Him the centre of our life we too should have nothing to do with sin. As He suffered for us, we should do as He has done and suffer to avoid sinning. By sinning we are making light of His atoning sacrifice.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Jesus went to the cross to die as a sacrifice for our sins and to set us free from sin -- to do away with sin in our lives. Jesus has nothing to do with sin after His cruxification and our attitude should be same. Have nothing to do with sin.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Everything that jesus did was to love and please the Father, bur His love for you and me cannot be ignored. We hear this verse all the time.( John 3:16 ) " For God so loved the world that He gave His only Brgotten Son that whoever believes in Hidm shall not perish but have etertnal life>"

Christ's death was personal for Him, because you and I were the ones He came to die for. And so what Peter wants us to see is that God' s will may involve suffering even in our lives. And when we should have the same attitude, the same mind, the same purpose, as Jesus. Our attitude should be first and formost to want to love our God and Savior, and to please our Lord with our entire lives by doing His will according to His word.

Ezekial spoke of this relationship of th heart when God spoke these words through Him in ( EZE .11:19 ) " I will give them an undivided heart and a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh.

( 20 ) Then they will follow my decrees and be careful to keep my lawa. They will be my peopel, and I will be their God

This is the attitude we need to have. It's an understanding that we belong to God, we don't belong to oursleves anymore. Jesus purchased us with His Blood and we have been redeemed for a purpose and the purpose is to do God's will so as to glorify Him and bring others into the kingdom.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.joyfulheart.com/forums/index.ph...;f=40&t=177

We are born sin-free into a 'sinfilled' world as a result of our original forefathers, Adam & Eve. Sin is thus all around us and we cannot but be influenced by this sin. So we become sinners, and the pull of fleshly desires, that lead us into sin, is very strong. Christ's main purpose in coming to this earth was to save us from our sinful ways and give us a chance to come to Salvation. But this atoning for our sins depends on our attitude, which has to be the same as Christ's. Christ's attitude, to show us what our's should be, was one of complete obedience to His Father, God. In this, he was prepared to pay the ultimate price for a sinless life in a debauched world full of sin. He was ridiculed, maligned, criticised, forsaken by friends, spat upon and finally murdered unjustly. But through it all, He was obedient. Are we prepared to accept the same?

We should be prepared to endure the same as Christ did. We should be prepared to pay the ultimate price as He did, for His Father. So we should be prepared to pay the same price for Him. And forsake the comfort and pleasures of this world, to glorify and be obedient to His commands. Our 'gate is narrow and few enter it'. In today's world we justify and compromise our sinful ways. To live as Christ lived, in this world today, is a huge challenge with many temptations, but in His strength, we can overcome. Thanks be to God.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are to know that sin died with christ and we are to live like sin is dead. We are to live a righteous life like Jesus.

The attitude is that sin is dead therefore we no longer have to live in sin.

He died to rid us of sin once and for all. Therefore we can live the life God wants for us.

• 2 weeks later...

If I am armed, then I am prepared for battle, offense and defense. If I arm myself with Christ's attitude then I am ready for spiritual battle, offense and defense.

If I am armed spiritually, then I am ready and able to do battle with sin. I am in control through Jesus, rather than sin is in charge of me.

I am a soldier under orders.

Sin is the enemy and to have anything to do with it is betrayal and treason