JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Ananias

The lord sends Ananias to Saul rather than revealing because the lord prepares the missions we are to fulfill in our lives before we are born,so no matter how lawly Ananias was the lord had prepared him for this and it had to be fulfilled.

Ananias urgues with God for he was filled with fear considering the ruthless acts he  heard Saul had done to believers of Christ in Jerusalem.

Obeying takes courage because it involves acting blindly without knowing the outcomes and also with no questions at all.

Ananias goes to Saul salutes him ,introduces himself and what he has come to do ,he places his hands on him and he gets healed then baptises him and he gets filled with the holy spirit.

I have never had God guide me to talk with someone and minister to him or her.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Acts 9:10-18) Why do you think God sends Ananias to Paul rather than revealing directly? Why does Ananias argue with God? Why does it take courage to obey? What does Ananias do and say? Have you ever had God guide you to talk with someone and minister to him or her? Have you followed through?

As a witness. Not only for just then, but also for the other brethren who would find it hard to believe Saul. 

Ananias has obviously heard about Saul's infamous deeds of persecuting the brethren. 

Before this experience Saul would have imprisoned Ananias. Ananias had to convince himself that he was not walking into a trap. It took faith to believe this absolutely amazing turn of events. 

Ananias obeys and shows clearly he believes the change is real, by addressing him as "Brother Saul."

Yes, I serve an amazing God who used even me. 

• 1 year later...

I think God sends Ananias to Paul as a friend and guide. As Christians, we need to pull together/come together to do the work of our Father. In the way that Ananias was sent to Paul, I feel that Jennifer was sent to me. She is not only my friend, but she’s my sister in Christ. She helps keep me on a better path. She teaches me things that help guide me closer to God, which I think is what Ananias was for Paul. 

I think Ananias argues with God because he’s not sure why he must go to Paul. He feels that the job God is asking him to do doesn’t make sense. He may not want to do it for fear because of what Paul is known for. He could be scared he will be imprisoned/put to death. It takes courage to obey because fear or death/persecution is intense. Knowing what Paul is known for, makes sense to why Ananias would be worried. Being worried/scared despite not knowing the outcome, but continuing forward means you have faith in God and you are courageous. You are choosing to put aside your fear to do the work of the Father. Ananias says “Her I am Lord”, which means he’s ready to do whatever God wants him to do. He goes forward to do what is asked of him. 

I have had God guide me to talk with & minister to someone. It’s happened with my friend who lost her son at 5 months old. I know she struggles daily. One day we were talking about her, her son, and the peace I want for her family. I started messaging her and it was like I couldn’t stop once I started. I talked with her about a lot of stuff, including God. I did follow through because I felt the urge to get my thoughts to her in writing to hopefully help. 

• 1 month later...

Why do you think God sends Ananias to Paul rather than revealing directly?

I don't know.

Saul had been blinded for only three days and certainly didn't have the time to deeply ponder what had happened to him and why so I don't think it had to do with Saul but Ananias. Surely, Ananias was changed by the experience of ministering to Paul, by being the instrument God used to perform the miracle of restoring Paul's sight, leading Him to the Lord and baptising him in the Spirit. 

God could have appeared to Paul as he did to so many Old Testament figures, even obliquely as in a burning bush. But He didn't do this. I don't think we'll ever know His reasons for doing what He did.

Why does Ananias argue with God?

Ananias was rightly frightened. Stephen had just been stoned and Ananias was afraid of meeting a similar fate.

Why does it take courage to obey? What does Ananias do and say?

Facing persecution or death for the sake of my faith is always courageous because the option lingers in my mind of denying Christ to save my life.

Have you ever had God guide you to talk with someone and minister to him or her? Have you followed through?

Yes and Yes.  But it's never enough! 

I pray to be used by Him in the near future. I'm praying to powerfully evangelize, with the power of Him/Spirit, not with the power of my own cleverness, charisma or ability to articulate.