JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Ananias

Q2. (Acts 9:10-18) Why do you think God sends Ananias to Paul rather than revealing directly? Why does Ananias argue with God? Why does it take courage to obey? What does Ananias do and say? Have you ever had God guide you to talk with someone and minister to him or her? Have you followed through?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, God already told Paul that he would be  instructed of what to dominate Damascus. And in true Godly style, he keeps the Prophecy/ promise/ revelation event active, confirming to Paul, that he is truly God by allowing to have visions of Ananias coming to Him.

Ananias,  probably having  the first encounter with the Lord, himself, understanding the zealousness of Paul, probably remembers the proverbs of the dog and his vomit and the pig and his mud, not quite acquesing The power of God ,maybe just spoke a little too quickly.

It takes courage to obey because what we are asked to do may sound difficult, impossible, unachievable; but nothing is impossible with God.

Ananias  puts away his doubts and his questioning nature , and I guess, hope that his approach to Paul is just as he (Paul) visions it.

Probably ! Probably!

On 8/28/2019 at 10:08 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q2. (Acts 9:10-18) Why do you think God sends Ananias to Paul rather than revealing directly? Why does Ananias argue with God? Why does it take courage to obey? What does Ananias do and say? Have you ever had God guide you to talk with someone and minister to him or her? Have you followed through?

A. I think it was to demonstrate to Saul/Paul that even though the vision/blindness was right from God's own hand, he was going to need brothers in Christ in order to accomplish what was to be his life work.  (Humility, training, submission to one another, total dependence upon the Lord) His mission was no longer to kill and imprison Christians, but to serve and teach them about being set free from the law, by walking and living in GRACE! 

B. Ananias had heard about Saul's vendetta toward Christians and the suffering he had caused for saints in Jerusalem. It didn't make sense to him to confront an enemy of God, so he argued/questioned God's wisdom.

C. When we are asked/directed to do what the Lord shows us/asks us to do and is out of our comfort zone, difficult and perhaps involving risk, obedience takes courage. Courage isn't fearlessness,  it's obeying and doing what we're asked to do, even while afraid.

D. He reminded God that Saul had authority from the high priests to put Christians in chains. After He heard again from the Lord that the man was a chosen instrument to bear before Kings, and Gentiles and descendants of Israel,  the Name of the Lord, and would suffer much for the Name of the Lord, Ananias went immediately into the house and laid hands on Saul, and prayed for his sight to re restored.

E. Yes, a number of times!  Yes, I have obeyed, by His Grace,  and I've been afraid while obeying. On one occasion it was to speak to a homeless man and to pray for him. (I wondered if he might be angry and attack me, as I'm a woman and was alone) I could see he was ill and asked If I could pray for him. He showed me his badly infected hand oozing green pus and I was even more afraid. But I laid hands on him feeling the Lord's love and compassion for him. I told him how much the Lord loves him and cares about his well being, then left. I came home crying and called the police to see if they could do something about getting him to some medical care and they said they could not..."those people want to be where they are." I continued to pray for him.

When I saw him again a week later, he held up his hand and smiled...completely healed! Thank you, Jesus!!!!

Another time I that I was very afraid, the Lord spoke a word to me that I was to share with the pastor of the church we had just started to attend, and I was more afraid to do this than talking to the homeless man. I argued with the Lord and said "I can't...I don't know him...I've never done this before"etc. Then I said "If he's standing all alone after the service I will do this, thinking that would never happen, as he was always surrounded by people. After the service there he was...all by himself! I was clumsy and didn't ask permission to give him a word, as I would do now, I just told him what the Lord had given me to say, and left, feeling like a total idiot and embarrassed! Several weeks later, when what I spoke came to pass, and continues even now,  he looked at me out in the congregation, our eyes met, and I saw gratitude and a nod.  He had obeyed what was spoken to him and he and the church were blessed and continues to be even now. Again, Thank you, Jesus!

On 8/28/2019 at 7:08 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Paul on his way to Damascus to arrest some of the believers and take them to Jerusalem has become blind through Jesus, so he has to receive his sight and be baptised before he can associate with the believers, that's why God sent Ananias ( this Ananias was a disciple at Damascus where Paul was going, not Ananias the high priest or Ananias Sapphire's husband ) to go and lay hands on him to regain his sight. But Ananias being afraid asked, Lord I have heard this man is being taken some of the believers into Jerusalem and imprisoned them for your name sake, Jesus told him in a dream to go because paul will be one of his disciples who would take his message to the gentiles and kings, as well as the people of Israel. So Ananias went and found him and laid his hands on him and said, brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road, has sent me so that you might regain your sight and be filled with the " Holy Spirit ".

God sends Ananias to Paul rather than revealing directly because God uses people it accomplish His great purposes in the the lives of others. God often uses the weak or the nobodies to carry on his tasks.Ananias was not a leader but is seen as a regular disciple who was a part of the newly formed Christian community in Damascus. God receives the glory and displays His strength and power through those who are considered to be weak by the world.

Ananias argues with God probably because he thinks he is not strong enough to speak to Paul. Ananias was aware that Paul was a violent man intensely persecuting the Church and was  on a mission to kill and persecute the Christians. Ananias also would have feared his life and therefore argued with God.

It takes courage to obey God amidst all situations. Sometimes when God asks us to do something difficult we immediately give excuses out of fear. We may reason it out thinking we are not good enough or brave enough for that task. But it needs deep faith and trust to do those things which God asks of us. That is radical obedience to God entrusting ourselves to God despite the consequences. Therefore it takes lot of courage to obey God.

Ananias meets  Paul and tells him that the Lord has sent him to restore him of his blindness. Ananias lays hands over Paul and he receives his  sight ,is baptized and filled with God's Holy Spirit.

Yes ,God has sent His people my way to guide  me ,to minister to me and show me the right way and my errors too. I have strived to follow God's guidance .

Jesus sent Paul whom he has already told He would have someone come to him and in doing so he was preparing Paul to be ministered by one of His believers even though Paul was going there to arrest them.  Ananias on the other hand argued with God because he was afraid that  Saul aka now Paul would put him in jail or have him killed.  Ananias reminded God of the main intentions of Paul coming to Damascus. Ananias listened to God and put his trust and faith in what he was told and followed God's instructions.  It took a lot of courage to go and do something that could have cost him his life. And so, it take us a lot of courage to do many things that God through the Holy Spirit prompts us to do.  But in the long run God will make a way where there is no way.  He does not give us instructions that He does not give us the way and means to accomplish what He has charged us with, even though it might seem hard or even impossible.  With trusting in God, no matter what happens, shows deep rooted faith.  Yes, it does take more courage sometimes then other times to obey God.

Yes, on many occasions the Holy Spirit has prompted me to talk or minister to another person.  I, for the most part, listen and do what He is directing me to do.  There are those time when I will hesitate and that little bit of hesitation has made me miss out on seeing God's glory manifested. 

Why did God send Ananias?

God sends Ananias to show Paul he is part of a family now with brothers and sisters in Christ and at the same time strengthen the faith and witness of Ananias. Ananias states his inadequacies as did Abraham, Moses, and David; however, God proved his faithfulness to his chosen servants.  

"Q2. (Acts 9:10-18) Why do you think God sends Ananias to Paul rather than revealing directly? Why does Ananias argue with God? Why does it take courage to obey? What does Ananias do and say? Have you ever had God guide you to talk with someone and minister to him or her? Have you followed through?"

I'm with Wynnie - God needed to show Paul that ours is a collaborative effort.

I think Ananias argues with God as a double-check.

The reason it takes courage for me to obey is that I don't know how others may receive me - and what if I didn't hear correctly - won't that disqualify me in the future? (Part of Ananias's double-checking.) (BUT - Perfect Love casts out fear - Amen!)

Ananias does as the Lord tells him to do.

Yes, God has led me to speak to another. 

Yes, I have followed through. It would be more uncommon for me not to speak now...

I think he sent Ananias too minister to Paul in healing him so Ananias could see the change in Paul ,from the man Paul was. He argued with God because he new Paul was a corrupt man, and did horrible things to Christians. Ananias was obedient to God. Yes I have ministered to people. I cant say one way or another if God lead me to certain ones.

Edited by Linda Stanley
miss spelled word

By sending Ananias He connects Saul directly (fellowship) with the Damascus church. God will spend much time refining Paul when he goes to Egypt and over the next 30 years. This is also a faith builder for both Ananias and Judas as they witness firsthand how God can bring a man from dark to light as well as a man from persecutor to church leader.

Saul's reputation has preceded him. He knows about Saul the persecutor of The Way. (Imprisonment, arrest, death) He is probably afraid that Saul might still turn on him and the local church. Possibly mot even wanting to be associated with anyone of Saul's character and reputation.

Because of Ananias's fear.

He greets Saul as brother, (in the Lord) tells him about his vision, lays hands on him and baptizes him.

Yes, with prayer.

Yes, but not always. I can sometimes be fooled into thinking that it wasn't from God and not act.

Q2. (Acts 9:10-18) Why do you think God sends Ananias to Paul rather than revealing directly? Jesus works through His Body, the church. 

Why does Ananias argue with God?  Because Paul was persecuting Christians.  

Why does it take courage to obey? Because sometimes God tells us to do things that look totally wrong to us.   

What does Ananias do and say?  Ananias went to Saul. He placed his hands on Saul and said, 'Brother Saul, the Lord—Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you were coming here—has sent me so that you may see again and be filled with the Holy Spirit.'  Immediately, something like scales fell from Saul’s eyes, and he could see again. After that, Ananias baptized Saul. 

Have you ever had God guide you to talk with someone and minister to him or her?  Yes.

Have you followed through? Yes.  But one time after God had me give a message, I thought about what I had done and apologized for saying what God had said thorough me.  It totally quenched the Holy Spirit.  It was the biggest mistake I have ever made.  When you think about what God has told you do, you may not do it or worse you may apologize for doing it because it looks wrong to you.  The carnal mind is enmity towards God.  We are not to lean on our own understanding but be led by the Holy Spirit even when we don't understand.  

(Acts 9:10-18) Why do you think God sends Ananias to Paul rather than revealing directly? Why does Ananias argue with God? Why does it take courage to obey? What does Ananias do and say? Have you ever had God guide you to talk with someone and minister to him or her? Have you followed through?

1. God wants to show that he wants his church to grow, to show the 'need' of more than one person. This will prove to others that God uses all people. After all, God could have done all this himself.

2. I agree with many of the above statements as to why Ananias argued with God. I had one other thought also. I wonder if Ananias was astounded that God would use someone like Saul to carry out his work. Someone who had worked against Jesus. Jesus shows that he can use all people, as he has shown throughout the Bible.

3. It takes courage because of the fear of being rejected, humiliated, made fun of, etc. It is not easy to put yourself in a position to be criticized.

4. Ananias goes to Saul and calls him "Brother". He recognizes the change in him already. He heals his blindness.

5. Yes, I have had God guide me to minister to others through prayer and service to them. I have felt his nudges more often than I have followed through with them though.

Q2.Why do you think God sends Ananias to Paul rather than revealing directly?God sends Ananias to Paul rather than revealing directly probably so that Ananias could lay hands on Saul and pray for his healing and then baptize him later. It could also be possible that God wanted to accomplish the work he has for Ananias, the word of God says: Job21:22 Can anyone teach God knowledge, in that he judges those on high? We know that the knowledge of our god is perfect and He knows everything.

Why does Ananias argue with God? Ananias argues with God for the very reason the word of God says Isaiah 55:8-9 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord.“As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. We want to tell God, as if he does not know because we fail to trust him completely and when God calls us to do something for someone we dislike or not our cup of tea we tend to use our human thinking and worst still our own self righteousness to make god see things our way.  

Why does it take courage to obey?It is not sacrifice that God is seeking from us. Obedience is the most important thing God is looking from us. The enemy puts doubt in us and discourages us but with the help of the Holy Spirit we can still take courage to obey Him. One of my favorite scriptures is 2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. As much as it’s my favorite scripture, I forget to practice and walk in it at times. I also forget how to walk in it but I know the love and mercy of my heavenly father keeps me and teaches me to do so.

What does Ananias do and say?Even though he protested at first Ananias obeyed God and went to the house of Judas in a street called Straight, looked for Saul and said to him that Jesus has sent him to pray for the healing of his eyes.

Have you ever had God guide you to talk with someone and minister to him or her? Have you followed through?Yes, I believe He has called me numerous times. In my human mind, they were tiny assignments, and I cannot remember all the people He has guided me towards. What I do remember is asking the Lord “Really, Lord is that what You want me to do, talk to this person, pray for them but….”Reflecting back, I am thankful I followed through, allowed my Father in heaven to guide me and obeyed Him. Right now, if I may humbly boast we (my husband and I) have people we walk with, pray with and minister to in our own unique and simple way each time God puts them in our way.

Jesus knew that Saul was alone at that time in prayer what he was praying we do not know, but Jesus said to him there would be one coming.  He did not Saul that he was going to be part of "the way",    Ananias comes as Saul was told one would come,   he laid his hands on him, and scriptures states he receives his sight and then  the Baptism with the Holy Spirit and then was water Baptized.  Ananias was just as we would be getting a direct order from Our Lord, and question Him, like don't you know who this guy is and what he has been doing to your people?  Jesus tell him bluntly that he will be used mightily, the one who persecuted will now come and be a mouth for me.

Yes there has been times I knew the Lord told me to do something...I heard and did not want to do it, procrastinated, but amazingly enough when I was determined not to do this particular thing, HE said to me loud and clear  "get in there!"   I did listen then when I heard the loud stern voice, and it was a wonder, and so happy that I did finally listen and He showed me much...and I praise Him and Exalt Him daily.    there has been times I did not listen and suffered the consequences, but I know it hurt God more than me...He is so lovingly filled with Mercy and Compassion for His people....amen....

Edited by frances.fink
left out that Saul received his sight ...

Q2. (Acts 9:10-18) Why do you think God sends Ananias to Paul rather than revealing directly?

Not really understanding the question; even so what I can say with confidence it was God’s will.

Scripture shares: Acts 9:17 - And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

Acts 9:9 And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink.

One could speculate via numerology and/or the meaning of numbers in the Bible.

However truthfully since the Bible doesn’t share the purpose of the three day we do not know. I speculate it could have been: to repent for the hurt/harm and destruction he caused or was a part of; the reflect on the encounter with the Lord/the revelation of the Lord; to rededicate his life and bring froth fruits of repentance. Paul was spiritually BLIND prior to his encounter with Jesus; in darkness Paul saw the Light. When the like scales fell from his physical eyes (hence physical blindness) he gains spiritual sight (spiritual insight). Saul (Paul) sees Jesus for who and what He really is, Lord of Lords.

I can speculate:

God spoke to Ananias in a vision, I really cannot compartmentalize a single the reason God speaks at times in visions other than He does it time for purpose, His purpose:

The following is a list of Biblical references about the purposes of visions:

To Abram - Encouragement, hope, and promise - Genesis 15:1-6

To Samuel concerning the house of Eli - Announcement of judgment - 1st Samuel  3:1-18

To Daniel - Reveals secrets and an interpretation of a dream - Daniel  2:19 

To Zacharias in regards to John The Baptizer - Announcement of the Forerunners’ calling - Luke 1:22    

To Ananias for Saul - Guidance and explicit instructions - Acts 9:10  

To Saul regarding Ananias purpose – The purpose of Ananias - Acts 9:12  

To Peter regarding what God deems unclean – Guidance towards ungodly / biases -   Acts 11:5-10

To Paul in regards to doors open/closed - Guidance to go as the Spirit Leads -change locations - Acts 16:9  

I speculate God sent Ananias to Paul – to demonstrate PASSION, LOVE, obedience, to that Paul, Ananias and others would obtain Spiritual eyesight and insight to the Call.

Two men are converted: Saul and Ananias spiritual blindness lifted. (both had unhealthy/spiritual views steaming from different reasons; yet both reasons were not as Jesus would hold.)

Why does Ananias argue with God?

Acts 9:13 - Ananias replied/ Ananias answered.

I do not mean to be argumentative nor disrespectful, I see Ananias more so expressing a concern. Similarly, when we pray God already knows not only what’s going on but the end of the thing from the beginning.  I realize our praying and Ananias’ reply are polar opposites, even so the point is he is conversing with God. True God knows everything about Saul, his former behavior and the havoc he facilitated and/or cause.

More than like Ananias is fearful, confused astounded, perhaps mixed with doubt, bewilderment and/or misgiving, at this charge, even so he is faithful (this is an “if I parish I parish moment”).

It’s unfortunate even today 2019, people acknowledge you and/or limit you where they meet you or learn of you.  Meaning if I were imprisoned and it is known that I was imprisoned; whether to person know the cause of my incarceration. They will address me and/or label me as an ex-con more so than they will as returning citizen. I become identified by my past even if I no longer associate with my past in action or deed. There is an adage “once a lair always a lair”  that’s VERY-VERY much held by many today 2019.   

Why does it take courage to obey?

Perhaps because there could be risk involved

What does Ananias do and say?

He obeys the call, he says "Here I am, Lord”

Have you ever had God guide you to talk with someone and minister to him or her? Yes

Have you followed through? Sometimes yes, sometimes no

On 8/29/2019 at 5:08 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

I think to allow a witness to the salvation of Paul who once was a persecutor but now is in Christ. Ananias was the witness an contact into the local body of Christ in Damascus. Ananias argued because this man was the fiercest persecutor of the Church at the time and his life he thought would be in danger. It does take courage and boldness to trust in the Lord in the midst of seemingly dangerous circumstances.

Ananias is faithful to the message he received and was a witness of the indwelling of Paul by the Holy Spirit.

Yes God has guided me to speak for Him on many occasions, just happenstances that occur in the normal circumstances of life.

On 8/29/2019 at 1:08 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

1) God sent Ananias to run an errand on His behalf.

2) Ananias argue with God because Paul (Saul) persecute Jesus in Jerusalem and he also destroy church as well.

3) Ananias knew he may lost his  life but he hear from God to “Go, for he is a chosen vessel of mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings and the children of Israel. He is obedient to God.

4) Ananias lay his hand on Paul in the name of the Holy Spirit.

Our faith and trust in Christ and surrender to the control of the Holy Spirit usually do not happen unless we are tested and challenged in a difficult situation so that the results are attributed to God and not anyone else.  This way our faith and trust grow together.

Arguing with God is not new.  Job did it, but Job is O.T.  The disciples AFTER Pentecost didn't seem to argue with the Holy Spirit.  Sometimes, in arrogance, we think we know better than God but that is never the case and it wasn't with Ananias.  God is the God over our fears, Psa. 23.

Regardless of temporal fear, obeying God relieves the fear.

God opens opportunities so He ministers through me regularly.  It is a way of life, but ALWAYS is dependent upon Him for the results.

Q2. (Acts 9:10-18) Why do you think God sends Ananias to Paul rather than revealing directly? Why does Ananias argue with God? Why does it take courage to obey? What does Ananias do and say? Have you ever had God guide you to talk

with someone and minister to him or her? Have you followed through? http://www.joyfulheart.com/forums/topic/1831-q2-ananias/

I find this first question most interesting, possibly because it is about something I never gave second thought to and just figured that’s the way it happened. There are various possibilities for answers here such as God testing Ananias’ faith, maybe because he had the gift of healing, or both, and even other reasons I’m unable to think of at this time. He argued with God over the issue because he was afraid of Saul knowing the depths to which he was persecuting the church, jailing followers of Christ, having them beat and even put to death. For this reason, it would take courage to obey. Perhaps during this conversation with God, he was reassured of his safety other than God just telling him “go thy way” and explaining to him how much Saul must suffer for Christ's name sake. Ananias obeyed and met with Saul and healed him of his blindness by a laying on of hands.

There have been times God has led me to talk to someone, in fact it seems like the situations are looked upon by others as sticky at best. One example was at my youngest brother’s funeral service and the pastor who was present only talked about things my brother did and accomplished in the community and I was kind of upset that he didn’t take advantage of that time to remind all there that they too would end up in a coffin one day and that a judgement awaited most, to say the least. In one sense I had that feeling like ‘just me, can’t keep my mouth shut when I should’ but I believe to this day that was Satan trying to talk me out of it. Afterwards, I was amazed at the fact that I was approached by some people who already knew I was there but seemed to keep some kind of a certain distance, perhaps from remembering what I was like before I met Jesus. I was given an opportunity to talk to some people about Jesus and though it seemed nobody was responsive (at least not at that time), I could see a difference of a sort in people’s attitudes. I only pray I made a difference. I’ve also been in some situations which were “stickier” than I could imagine but God has always protected me. If something did happen to me during one of these events I only pray now I would have the strength to thank God for the opportunity to suffer a little for Him.

all has a purpose, God will be reunited two different people. Ananias as a disciple of God a men of God, and Saulo the persecuted . the humble man full of grace of God and Saul the terror of the crime, no mercy with christian followers .God used him to show to saul that he can have a miracle from the most honest person.

He just was wonder about the powerful of God and for him was normal to obey.

1. God sends Ananias to Paul to do something God wanted him to do in Paul's life as a Christian brother.
  2. Ananias argues with God because he knew the reputation of Paul as a persecutor of Christians and maybe he was afraid.
  3. It takes courage to obey because many times what God wants us to do is completely out of our agenda and our plans for our lives.  We fear to do something which we are not prepared for and this requires courage and strength which comes only when we depend on God.
  4. Ananias obeyed God and went to the house where Saul Stayed and did exactly what God asks him to do in obedience.
  5. Yes God has guided me to talk and minister to many people.  Sometimes I have followed boldly, sometimes with doubts and fear.

God sent Ananias to Paul rather than revealing directly so that it was a lesson for Ananias to except the people that Jesus had ordained. Besides it was God telling Ananias the mission that Paul was going to have. Ananias argued with God because he knew that Paul had been persecuting the Christians and couldn’t believe that Paul had been converted. In case it took courage to obey because it could had been Ananias life if Paul hadn’t been converted. Ananias does what Jesus told him to do. God has guided be on mission trips and I followed through.

Saul (Paul) was struck blind when he encountered Jesus on the road to Damascus .He then holed up, waiting for deliverance .This also give  him time to reflect while being dependent on people..Previously Saul was an arrogant ,self righteous Pharisee ,going around persecuting Christ followers. 

Ananias(believer) was tasked by God ,to connect with Saul, to heal and baptise him,welcoming Paul into the community of Christ followers .Also through this way ,Ananias would become Paul 's first witness of his conversion and could vouch for Paul as a true convert when they returned to the Christian community in Damascus and began preaching to the Jews that Jesus is the Son of God.

Ananias argued with God when given the task to visit Saul ,due to Saul 's notorious reputation as a persecutor of Christ followers with authority from the chief priests to arrest them .He was afraid for his safety  and was unsure if Saul had truly accepted Christ as his Lord .It took him courage to obey God in this case.

Ananias obeyed God in the end and went to the house ; he laid hands on Saul saying ,"Brother Saul,the Lord- Jesus ,who appeared to you on the road as you were coming here -has sent me so that you may see again and be filled with the Holy Spirit .Saul regained his sight ,got up and was baptized .

It would be very hard to go up to strangers and give a prophetic word of wisdom or to share the gospel with strangers  .I haven't done this successfully yet .

It would be easier to do that with people I know eg ,to encourage or give advice as in fellowship group .

And it would become easier when one has a closer walk with Christ .

Q2. (Acts 9:10-18)

Q. Why do you think God sends Ananias to Paul rather than revealing directly?

A. May be to make Paul believe it must be God Who could have done this to him and has the power to reveal and involve a third party to demonstrate His power

Q. Why does Ananias argue with God?

A. He might have been afraid to meet the man who had terrorised the church

Q. Why does it take courage to obey?

A. He probably encouraged himself that God is able to deliver him from a killer man

Q. What does Ananias do and say?

A. Ananias obeyed and called Saul "brother"

Q. Have you ever had God guide you to talk with someone and minister to him or her? Have you followed through?

A. I cannot recall. 

I think the reason is two fold. The Lord wants Saul to reflect about what has happened to him on the road to Demascus. His transformation took place in the matter of a few minutes. His whole life took an "about turn". So, Saul needs time on reflecting and only for reflecting. I think that is why he is blinded for three days. So he can take in what has happened to him.  Without having any distractions. The second reason is Ananasis is both a Jew and a Christian. Therefore they are not only brother Jews they are also brothers in Christ now. 

Ananasis doesn't exactly ague with God. He simply resist a little probably because he has heard of Saul reputation. But he is willing and ready and trusting of His Lord. And does as the Lord directs him to do.

Anytime God's plan is not the same as our own it takes courage because we must submit to a plan that we do not know. We must rely on deep faith in order to carry out God's plan for us. To surrender ones will takes emmence trust. 

Yes, And I am still following God's prompt.