JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Resurrection

Pastor Ralph

• 1 month later...

Q4. (1 Corinthians 15; 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17) How important was belief in a bodily resurrection to the gospel that Paul taught?  

Very Important – there is so much that could be said here. In short Paul teaches/stresses the foundation of the bodily resurrection is that of Christ Jesus, just as He bodily rose, likewise will the Believers.   Although Believers are to live a resurrected life in Christ in Spirit and in Truth there will be a bodily resurrection. 1 Corinthians 15:12-19 is not an exhaustive view of 1 Corinthians 15; however in my opinion it surmise the importance Paul taught concerning bodily resurrection of the Believers.  

Verse 17 “And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins.”  

“and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless and powerless [mere delusion]; you are still in your sins [and under the control and penalty of sin].

“And if Christ has not been raised, then your faith has nothing to it [is futile/useless/empty]; you are still guilty of [or a slave to;  in] your sins.”

Verse 19 “If we who are [abiding] in Christ have hoped only in this life [and this is all there is], then we are of all people most miserable and to be pitied.”

“If our hope in Christ is for this life only, we should be pitied more than anyone else in the world [ all people].”

“If corpses can’t be raised, then Christ wasn’t, because he was indeed dead. And if Christ weren’t raised, then all you’re doing is wandering about in the dark, as lost as ever. It’s even worse for those who died hoping in Christ and resurrection, because they’re already in their graves. If all we get out of Christ is a little inspiration for a few short years, we’re a pretty sorry lot. But the truth is that Christ has been raised up, the first in a long legacy of those who are going to leave the cemeteries.”

Why is Christ's resurrection foundational to our faith?

The alternative, in my opinion, is to have the belief as held by Sadducees and/or to disbelieve the Scriptures, The Word of God), as a whole.  

To believe in/of/on Christ’s resurrection is to believe in God what He said, what He say, what He says!

Christ’s resurrection validates who whom He claimed to be!

What will happen when we die?

There are so many, many beliefs, as not to offend anyone, I use a verse of Scripture for my answer:

1 Thessalonians 4:14-15 (NIV) - For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep.

When Christ comes?

So Many-many thoughts in this regards as well, to simplify my answer without editorial - When Christ returns in short He will move according to His Just character, as Paul concludes the conversation regarding the bodily resurrection of the Believers in 1 Corinthians 15:

What I am saying, brothers and sisters, is this: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 51 Listen, I will tell you a mystery! We will not all die,[m] but we will all be changed, 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For this perishable body must put on imperishability, and this mortal body must put on immortality. 54 When this perishable body puts on imperishability, and this mortal body puts on immortality, then the saying that is written will be fulfilled:

“Death has been swallowed up in victory.”
55 “Where, O death, is your victory?
    Where, O death, is your sting?”

56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

58 Therefore, my beloved, be steadfast, immovable, always excelling in the work of the Lord, because you know that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.

On 8/28/2019 at 10:43 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q4. (1 Corinthians 15; 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17) How important was belief in a bodily resurrection to the gospel that Paul taught? Why is Christ's resurrection foundational to our faith? What will happen when we die? When Christ comes?

Some may disagree on several points or more, and we can agree to disagree on issues not crucial to our Salvation. My answers are based on my study of the Bible, so bear with me as I share my understanding of these issues, and I will respect your answers as well without comment.

1. Without the resurrection of Christ there is no Gospel. He is the Firstfruits  of those who have fallen asleep in the faith. Though one might believe in Jesus as a  prophet or a good man, without the Resurrection, He would have died in vain, alone, and all who believe in him would die the second death, in their sins, and be sentenced to hell for eternity, having no Savior to deliver us.  (I Cor 15:14-20)

2. Our faith hinges on eternal life after death in Heaven with our Triune God based on Jesus' virgin birth, sinless life, and death for our sins on the Cross and His Resurrection from the dead.  If Jesus had not risen from the dead, he would have been just a good man who went to the cross without purpose, and he would be condemned as a hoax and a liar, as would all who preached that He is the Son of God, born of a virgin, sinless Savior and the propitiation for the sins of all who believe in Him. Christianity would be just another cult, teaching that we try to live a good life of works of the flesh here on earth, (as most cults believe) trying to emulate in our own strength how He lived, and hope to end up in a better place after living a life of fear and futility here on earth, then a dark and hopeless death.  Thank you Jesus, that You did Rise from the dead and the Word of God is True "and all men are liars." (Rom 3:4)

3. When we die (as believers) we are absent from our body but instantly present with Christ (though our body is in the grave 2 Cor 5:8)  If we are alive when the Rapture occurs for the believers prior to the seven years of tribulation on earth (we were not appointed unto wrath. (1 Cor 5:9) God's wrath for sin was poured out upon Jesus on the Cross, and the Tribulation is for those who have rejected and refused His free gift of Eternal life in Him) the dead ln Christ will rise then the raptured believers with them, will meet Him in the air to be with Him forever.  (I Cor 4:16,17)  (In the Rapture, we come UP TO HIM and go to Heaven where we will celebrate the Marriage Supper of the Lamb while the 7 year Tribulation is on earth. Rev. 19:6) 

Jesus second coming is different from the Rapture, where the Bride of Christs ascends into the air to meet with Him. At the second coming, Jesus comes  BACK TO EARTH, and we will return with Him in our new bodies on white horses to reign with Him for 1000 years during His Millennial Kingdom on earth. (Rev 21:4)  God will wipe away every tear and there will be no more death! Glorious eternity with our precious Lord!

Rev 22:7: Behold, I Am coming speedily!   Maranatha!!! Come Lord Jesus!!!

(1 Corinthians15:1, 1 Thessalonians4:4-17)

It is very important to believe in the bodily resurrection to the Gospel that Paul taught because it is the Good news and the key truth of the Gospel.This belief makes the rest of the Gospel actually true. That Jesus died for our sins, that He sends his Holy Spirit, that He is coming to bring glory and to bring final justice to our corrupt world. If there is no resurrection says Paul, then all they have suffered for Christ is a waste of time.

The resurrection of Christ is foundational to our faith because it gives us hope that we are forgiven from our sins and if Christ was not raised our faith is futile and we are still in sin. ( 1 Corinthians 15:12,16-17) .Our faith is in Jesus and we should believe the entire truth that Jesus died was buried and rose on the  third day .We believe in faith what Christ has done for us . The resurrection of Jesus makes helps us believe that  as Christ was raised we too will be raised on the last day and spend eternity with Jesus. 

When we die our physical bodies will be buried and we will be with Jesus in spirit.

At the time of Christ's coming the dead will first rise ,and after that, we who are still alive and left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air .And so we will be with the Lord forever.(1Thessalonians 4:17) Our bodies will be changed form mortal human bodies to immortal resurrected bodies.

Paraphrase: If Christ is not risen from the grave then our preaching is in vain and we are of all men most miserable.  If Jesus, God in the flesh, did not come to this earth and die and rise again according to the Scriptures, then our faith is based on a lie.  REGARDLESS, there is no better way to live than faith in Christ and His bodily death and resurrection.  The good news is that it's all TRUE!! 

To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.

We will receive glorified bodies, even as Jesus' resurrected body...visible, yet able to walk through a wall.  What a glorious forever lies ahead!!

Q4. (1 Corinthians 15; 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17) How important was belief in a bodily resurrection to the gospel that Paul taught? Why is Christ's resurrection foundational to our faith? 
Our bodily resurrection is an integral part of the gospel. God is eternal. Christianity is eternal. Our relationship with God would be greatly devalued if it only lasted for the few decades we spend on Earth. God's love for us wouldn't be remarkable if it were to last only for the time we spent on our planet. One of the wonders of Christianity, to me, is knowing that God actually wants me around for eternity. There are very few people I would want to see day after day, year after year. Those exceptions are all people I like immensely and love intensely. To know that God likes me and loves me enough to want me with him for all of eternity is part of Christianity's breath-taking beauty. If our relationship with God ended with the grave there would be nothing extraordinary or sacred about it.

Jesus' death was the price that bought us freedom. But Jesus' resurrection is proof that we are free. His resurrection was proof that God endorsed him, proof that life after death is possible, and proof that all Jesus claimed was true. Without the resurrection Christianity becomes a collection of rules to live a moral life by—beautiful rules, but only rules.

What will happen when we die? When Christ comes? 
According to the Bible when believers die our physical bodies are discarded and we go to Jesus in spirit. At the time of the second coming the dead—who are with him in spirit—are given transformed bodies and the living believers are caught up from the Earth and are united with him (and the transformed dead) in the air. And then we join the Heavenly family and live in God's love for all of eternity.

Q4. (1 Corinthians 15; 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17) How important was belief in a bodily resurrection to the gospel that Paul taught?

It’s very important because a bodily resurrection is the core teaching in the New Testament—both Christ’s resurrection and our own on the Last Day 1 Corinthian 15; 1 Thessalonian 4:4-17)

Why is Christ's resurrection foundation to our faith?

The foundation  of Christ’s resurrection is foundation to our faith “either there is resurrection or there isn’t. if there isn’t, then the Christ hasn’t been raised. But since Christ has been raised, then there is resurrection for all.” “but Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the first fruit of those who have fallen asleep.” (1 Corinthians 15:20)

When we die, we will be absent from our physical body and be presence with the Lord.2 Corinthians 5:8

When Christ comes?

“ But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope.
  For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus”. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-14; 17  “Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.” 17 (NKJV)  "God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him...."                   (1 Thessalonians 4: 14b-16)

Q4. (1 Corinthians 15; 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17) 
How important was belief in a bodily resurrection to the gospel that Paul taught? 
When Christ comes? 

There were so many different views, at the time, on life after death, with some believing in the resurrection but most not in a bodily resurrection. Paul taught that Jesus is the Christ, the Messiah, and  that He died for our sins, in fulfilment of Scripture. Also that He was buried, meaning that He actually died - not just appear to die, and that He was raised from the dead on the third day, in fulfilment of Scripture. Then Paul goes on to list the witnesses who had seen our Lord after the resurrection – including himself as a witness. So we notice that the foundation of the gospel is the resurrection of Christ – without this fact our religion is meaningless. The fact that Jesus was buried verified His death, and the fact that He appeared to others verified His resurrection. In 1 Cor 15:3, Paul states “according to the Scriptures” meaning that the fundamental facts of the gospel, the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, were predicted in the OT. This is a fact as there are so many, well known, prophesies predicting His trial, His death, and His resurrection. Without our faith and belief in the resurrection of our Lord Jesus, salvation cannot be received. We read in Romans 10:9, “That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” You will be saved! Therefore, it is not possible to be a Christian and not believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Today we can know beyond any reasonable doubt – He Has Risen! Hallelujah!
When we die, death will not be the end. Jesus had taught that He must die, be buried, and rise from the dead in order that God might righteously save sinners. All believers will go immediately to be with our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ!, and we will be like Him, and will enjoy eternal life. Unbelievers are said to go to Hades (Luke 16:22-23), and suffer eternal punishment. When Christ comes all our bodies will be instantly changed into our resurrection bodies. Those still alive will not experience death, since their bodies will changed instantly. Those who have died will have their bodies reintegrated and then also changed instantly. 

1.     How important was belief in a bodily resurrection to the gospel that Paul taught?

Perhaps the most important aspect of the gospel is the promise of eternal life in the Kingdom of God, because without it, what would be the purpose of anyone following it? I mean, think about it, if I’m only going to be here for an undetermined amount of time, especially not knowing what that amount of time was, would I not live only for pleasures and comforts? If I didn’t have these things, wouldn’t it be my pursuit, to have, at any cost? Who would even be worried about who gets stepped on in the process? Does it ring any bells with what you see taking place in this unbelieving, lost world? Before I knew Christ, that was my ambition in life, not understanding why I couldn’t have what other people have. Now, although I still don’t have all the things I once desired, my thoughts go to the less fortunate and wonder why people have so much less than myself, even though I have less than many. These thoughts especially go out to those in countries where lack is experienced by most, yet they hold on to that faith that things will at-least be better after the resurrection.

Perhaps another answer to the question might go something like, why, if we were not going to be physically resurrected, do we have to live this way now? I mean, if we go from being a physical being to a spirit being, why the metamorphosis? Of course, this would only apply to believers who already knew that in one way or another we would be resurrected.

2.     Why is Christ's resurrection foundational to our faith?

Christ’s resurrection is proof that we have the hope of living again. I sometimes wonder what the percentage of the people who believed this in the time of Paul was. I know that Paul wrote the people in Athens sneering at the idea, much like we see today. I have talked to many people who think that when the dirt is being shoveled over us, that’s it. People who are into science & physics, etc. might believe that with modern medicine and other discoveries that life eternal is a possibility, but, to us believers, it is faith in the fact that Jesus not only died for our sins, but also that God raised Him 3 days later. Without this talking point it would be hard to convince most that they should give up a life of sin.

3.     What will happen when we die?

According to the book of Revelation the souls of the dead are under the altar. In Ecclesiastes it states that the dead know nothing. Though something I’ve wondered about at times, I would really have to do a search to make it all come together. When God made man, he blew the breath of life in him and he became a living soul. Jesus said, “let the dead bury their dead”. Is the altar actually in Heaven, or in a temple in the city that comes down out of Heaven? Things to explore in the very near future because of the importance surrounding the subject because you never know what kind of question you might be asked. Some think Heaven is a walled city with 12 pearl gates when in truth it is a city which came down out of Heaven. The Bible also states that Heaven is where God’s throne is and that the earth is for man. Psalm 115:16 (KJV) The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD'S: but the earth hath he given to the children of men. Regardless of how it all pans out, I am just happy to know that Christ offered me the chance to share in eternal life with Him.

4.     When Christ comes?

When Christ comes the resurrection of the body will take place, at the sound of the trumpet and all the dead in Christ will meet Christ in the air followed by those who are still alive. I notice that this takes place when the last trumpet is sounded.  

The importance of the belief in the bodily resurrection to the gospel that Paul taught was one of the main themes that he believed in. The other was the resurrection of Jesus Christ. We know that Jesus is not dead and we have to have faith in that. When we die I think that our spirit is going to be with God in heaven and when Christ comes again we will be raised up with him.

Q. How important was belief in a bodily resurrection to the gospel that Paul taught?

A. It was important because if Christ did not rise after His death and burial, it means that the faith of the first church and indeed the church now would  be useless.

Q. Why is Christ's resurrection foundational to our faith?

A. See the last part of my answer above.

Q. What will happen when we die?

A. We (our souls) will be with the Lord Jesus Christ in heaven.

Q. When Christ comes?

A. We  will rise with a resurrection body to meet Him in the sky

Q4. (1 Corinthians 15; 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17) How important was belief in a bodily resurrection to the gospel that Paul taught? Why is Christ's resurrection foundational to our faith? What will happen when we die? When Christ comes?

The resurrection was critical to the gospel message since it was part of the gospel to start with. For without it we would not be saved from the powers of the darkness and brought into the kingdom of light. It is foundational to our faith because without it we would be pitied because we would have no hope of eternity.  When we die we will get to see the Lord in all His glory because we will have new bodies. We will be raised from the dead. 

Bodily resurrection was very important to Paul and what he preached. That if Christ was not raised from the dead then their faith is in vain or useless. And that the ones who died before them have no hope either. It means that there is no life after death and no heaven and their lives have been wasted.

Christ's resurrection is foundational to our faith because He was the one who came to die for us and give us life eternal. He came so that we could be forgiven of sins and have a home in heaven. If there is no resurrection then our faith is only good while we are living. It all centers on Christ's death and resurrection  and the fact that one day we will be raised from the dead too and be with Him. If it false then we have no hope beyond the grave.

When we die our bodies will decay but our souls will spirit will be with Jesus  in heaven. When Christ comes all who are dead will be raised first and then those who are still alive will be changed and be transported to meet Him in the air.

a. It is of utmost importance! If Christ wasn't resurrected, then there isn't any gospel. As Paul said, "my preaching is in vain and worthless".  

b. Jesus said in: John 14:2-3 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Adam's sin brought death into the world but Jesus triumphed over death in His resurrection and brought eternal life to all who trust, rely upon and cling to Him for their salvation.

c. 2 Corinthians 5:8   Yes, we are fully confident, and we would rather be away from these earthly bodies, for then we will be at home with the Lord.

d. 1 Corinthians 15:52  It will happen in a moment, in the blink of an eye, when the last trumpet is blown. For when the trumpet sounds, those who have died will be raised to live forever. And we who are living will also be transformed.

a. & b.    Very important  - Jesus' resurrection is the foundational elements of the gospel, for If Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins."1 Cor.16-17  Christ is the first fruits of those who have fallen asleep. 

c. Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope.   We will be asleep in Christ, our bodies decayed, our spirits with the Lord awaiting our immortal resurrected bodies.

d. We will all be changed  in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed." (1 Corinthians 15:51b-52

On 8/28/2019 at 12:43 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Paul declares first that Jesus resurrection to be one of the foundational elements of the gospel.

Christ 's resurrection is foundational to our faith because with out it we are still lost in our sins and our faith is futile.

As  believers when we die we go directly into the the presence of the Lord.

When Christ comes those believers in the graves will rise first, then we who are alive will be changed in the twinkling of an eye from a mortal body to an immortal body and meet the Lord in the air.

Q4. (1 Corinthians 15; 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17) How important was belief in a bodily resurrection to the gospel that Paul taught? At that time of confusion the Sadducees, the Pharisees and the Greeks who had various views of the resurrection.  The resurrection of Jesus Christ was very real and became an impact, the r was an actual event that actually took that Peter and others as many as 500 saw Jesus alive. It became the gospel of Jesus Christ preached by Paul. Jesus has triumphantly said I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying. Everyone who lives in me and believes in me will never die (John 11:25-26) According to Paul and the scripture death entered the human race through one man Adam and it was defeated by virtues act of another man who was Jesus.

Why is Christ's resurrection foundational to our faith? The historical evidence of the resurrection of Christ is the very foundation of the Christian faith, not an optional part of the faith. The Ressurection of Jesus Christ and Christianity as a whole stands or fall together. One cannot be true without the other. Christian faith will just be another religion without the historical resurrection of Jesus C. Worship bible study preaching and teaching will all become worthless if Jesus did not rise from the dead. If God did not raise Jesus from the dead then our faith is useless and we would still be guilty of our sins.

What will happen when we die? When we die we would be in the presence of Christ. Jesus promised the dying robber on the cross that he would be with Him immediately after death. It will also be our birthday of our eternal life with the Lord.  Corinthians 5: 1,2,8 for we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands.  Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, we are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord.

When Christ comes? Just as Jesus was raised up from the dead, so will we too be. I believe just as Paul says in this beautiful mystery, we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed..." (1 Corinthians 15:51)Our mortal bodies are changed to immortal resurrected bodies, in a flash of a twinkling of an eye as the trumpet sounds. All our bodies will be resurrected; the ones who are dead first, the ones who are alive will also be resurrected. And the Lord will give His judgment upon His people and the nation and divide the righteous from the wicked. He will cleanse the earth. He will come in power and glory.

Most churches contain people who do not yet believe. Some are moving in the direction of belief, and others are simply pretending. Imposters, however, are not to be removed, for that is the Lord’s work alone. The Good News about Jesus Christ will save us if we firmly believe it and faithfully follow it.

There will always be people who say that Jesus didn’t rise from the dead. Paul assures us that many people saw Jesus after his resurrection: Peter; the disciples (the Twelve); more than 500 Christian believers (most of whom were still alive when Paul wrote this, although some had died); James (Jesus’ half brother); all the apostles; and finally Paul himself. The Resurrection is a historical fact. Don’t be discouraged by doubters who deny the Resurrection. Be filled with hope because of the knowledge that one day you, and they, will see the living proof when Christ returns.

• 4 weeks later...

Belief in bodily resurrection was foundational to the Gospel that Paul taught.

Christ's resurrection is essential to our faith, because, if we do not believe in Christ's resurrection, it threatens our belief in His divinity, since He becomes a mere mortal like us.   Without Christ's resurrection, we can have no hope in our own resurrection, and the basis of our faith is destroyed.

No-one can know the specifics of what will happen to us when we die, for only Christ has died and returned to tell us about it.  But I believe that dying is falling asleep to wake up with God and with those who have gone before.

When Jesus Christ comes in glory for the second time, it will herald the end of the world as we know it, and the last judgement.   We are given glimpses of the end times in Revelation

• 2 years later...

1 Corinthians 15; 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17) How important was belief in a bodily resurrection to the gospel that Paul taught?

When Christ comes?

It was very important. If this was not so that Jesus rose from the dead then our teaching and believing is all in vain. 

Christ is the firstfruits of those who  have fallen asleep in death. 1 Cor 15v20

He is the firstfruits then of those who are His own, who will be resurrected at His coming. 1 Cor 15v23

In this  the rest of the harvest that follow after Him that believe in Him are also blessed and will likewise have a body that is incorruptible. Our bodies we have now are fit for this lifetime but another body is needed for the life to come (eternal life). 

When we die we will be with Him (some believe we will be in a state of sleep) and when He returns at the end of the ages, we will return with Him and our bodies will be joined to us as incorruptible and those who are still alive will rise to meet Him in the air, their bodies having changed from corruptible to incorruptible. 

• 1 year later...

For Paul, as a PHarisee, the truth of the resurrection was a central and defining tenet. I assume this meant a bodily resurrection. After Paul became a believer and apostle, he taught the gospel from his perspective as a Pharisee. For Paul, Christ's bodily resurrection is the crux of the gospel -- He was man and God; He died and was resurrected. 

Christ's resurrection is the foundation of Christian faith because on it hinges the conquering and/or abrogation of this world's fallenness including human sin. Without the resurrection, Christ would be Jesus-the-man, a good prophet and teacher, but not God. The resurrection somehow made Christ's divinity "real." 

I do not know the sequence of events that happen after and around the time I die. Frankly, it's not a big concern to me as long as I get to be with God forever after death. I don't care about my body as long as my soul is near God -- whether I look like myself, (hopefully better), or like someone else, or am spiritualized in some manner ... this matters not to me. I just want to make it over the threshold to eternal life with Him.

Like all of us, I don't know when Christ is coming. I know I'm to live expectantly, but interpret this more as living with intentionality and carefulness, not breathless expectation. Somewhere between 60 and 75 generations have been born and subsequently died between Jesus time on earth and today. Some believers in each generation probably thought that theirs would be the last before Christ's return -- I know many people who are convinced that the end times are coming very soon. I guess I'm trying to say, quite poorly, that when Jesus comes, how He comes, what happens to me if I'm alive when He comes, or dead -- none of this` matters much.

I'm saved. That's what matters. The circumstances and timing of death's events are mere details to be worked out and understood later.