JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 2 months later...

Q3. (2 Corinthians 5:10; Romans 14:10) Why should appearing before Christ as Judge make us fearful? Will we be condemned at that judgment? What saves us (Romans 8:1; Revelation 21:12)? How will our works be judged on that day (1 Corinthians 3:12-15)?

The main reason it should make us fearful is because He will judge our deeds and words and weigh them. We need to make sure that everything we say and do is for the Lord. No because the Lord loves His own. Jesus saves us from condemnation through His blood. It shall be judged by fire. 

Q3. (2 Corinthians 5:10; Romans 14:10) Why should appearing before Christ as Judge make us fearful?

It should NOT make the Believer fearful however because of our human understanding because of the affects/effects of sin the knowledge of judgment some remain fearful.

I’m so glad doesn’t see me with human/carnal and/or worldly eyes but more so when He sees me He sees His Ultimate Sacrifice – He sees His Righteous through Christ as  I place the faith He’s given me in Him, in His Sacrifice, in His Righteousness.

Will we be condemned at that judgment?

As I believe the Scriptures, those in Christ will be judge however his/her judgment isn’t in regards to eternal salvation nor condemnation.

The Believer will not be judged unto condemnation:

Matthew 25 - Sheep’s & goats

John 5:24 - Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 6:40 - And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Revelations 22:14 - Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Etc…

What saves us (Romans 8:1; Revelation 21:12)?

Ephesians 2:8 - For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

John 3:15-21 that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him. For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

Romans 3:24; Mark 16:16, etc... ...

How will our works be judged on that day (1 Corinthians 3:12-15)?

They will be judge by The Righteous/Just Discerner according to His purifying measures.  

On 8/28/2019 at 11:13 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q3. (2 Corinthians 5:10; Romans 14:10) Why should appearing before Christ as Judge make us fearful? Will we be condemned at that judgment? What saves us (Romans 8:1; Revelation 21:12)? How will our works be judged on that day (1 Corinthians 3:12-15)?

1. We need not be afraid! I expect we will be in AWE and total joy!....appearing before Christ is only for His Bride, the Church, where we will be rewarded for our work on earth.( Ps 62:12) Also to You, O Lord, belong mercy and loving kindness, for You render to every man/woman according to his/her work.

2. No we will not be judged.  No double jeopardy in Heaven! Jesus was judged once for ALL. This is the Bema seat judgment where our work on earth will be rewarded. (The Great White Throne judgment is for unbelievers, for rejecting God's gift of Salvation in His Son, Jesus, and their punishment.)

3.  Our names are written in the Lambs Book of Life (Rev 20:12) We are IN Christ,  engraved on the palm of His hands! (Isaiah 49:16)

4. Our lives in Christ will be evaluated for merit, and everything we have allowed Holy Spirit to work through our lives will be rewarded. All of our works done for personal gain, self promotion, recognition, or any unholy or selfish motivation, will be judged by "fire" and burned up as worthless wood, hay and stubble and the reward will be lost.

( 2 Corinthians 5:10; Romans 12:10) Appearing before Jesus Christ our Judge should make us fearful because will receive what is due to us according to the things we did while in the body whether good or bad.

If we have truly stayed obedient to Jesus Christ our names will be found in the Lamb's Book of life and we will not be condemned on the Day of Judgement as we have passed from death to life.Our judgement will not be for our salvation as the issue has been settled when we put our faith in our Christ ,received the Holy Spirit, and our position became "In Christ". Our judgment there will be for rewards we will receive for our faithful service. It is therefore necessary we remain faithful to the end,fighting the good fight of faith , run the race with perseverance and receive our reward. 

Our faith in Jesus will save us.

Our works will be judged by fire, and the fire will test our works. If our work is built o the foundation that is Jesus , it will survive and we receive our reward. If  our work was not built on Jesus ,but for personal gain and glory it  will be burnt up ,it will be a loss,  though we will will be saved ,but only through as fire.( 1 Corinthians 3:12-15)

The reverential, respectful, biblical fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.  God's Word is filled with the call to fear God in the right way, never wanting to disobey Him or dishonor Him.

The judgment seat of Christ is NOT regarding our getting into heaven but to determine reward for what HE has done through our lives and empowered us to do.  It is all of grace, nothing we have "earned" or "deserve", but because of Who He is and what He has done IN us and THROUGH us.  

Luke 17:10 and John 3:30 are key....

Q3. (2 Corinthians 5:10; Romans 14:10) Why should appearing before Christ as Judge make us fearful?

We should not be fearful. The saints of God are the only one that will appear before Christ to be judge. Every knee will bow to Christ. Every tongue will confess to God. We not God; therefore, we should not be judging and criticizing each other. God alone is the judge of men.

No.

The blood of Jesus. Our faith in His finish work on the cross, resurrection and ascension. There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit Romans 8:1; Our name have been written in the Lamb’s Book of Life. Revelation 13:8.

Each one's work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. 14  If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. 15  If anyone's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire." (1 Corinthians 3:13-15)

Q3. (2 Corinthians 5:10; Romans 14:10)

1.     Why should appearing before Christ as Judge make us fearful?

Seeing Jesus is what I want more than anything, yet it could be like traveling to a different country to meet someone you met say, on the internet and you find out the barriers you thought you had broke still kept you nervous. If one has came up in the first resurrection, there should be no fear. I don’t expect to be rewarded much because even if I did everything book perfect that I should have done while in this shell, I shall be content just to be there.

2.     Will we be condemned at that judgment?

If we died in Christ or were caught up with Him at the last trumpet we won’t be condemned.

3.     What saves us (Romans 8:1; Revelation 21:12)?

It is faith in Christ, that He died for all the wrongs we have done, and also that He rose again, on the third day just as He said He would, and that He would one day return to gather us up to Him.

4.     How will our works be judged on that day (1 Corinthians 3:12-15)?

Our works shall be tried by fire. It will be the “un-burnable” that passes through. Love is something not made of human hands and I believe it is love on which the judgement shall be based. Love includes many things—charity being the action part. If you give something to someone in protest, it shall not be counted as worthy. It shall be that which is freely given, without a second thought or worry about the cost, be it goods or your time. Jesus gave the best example with the story about the good Samaritan who, at the risk of being beaten and robbed himself, took it upon himself to help a wounded Jew—a person who normally was at odds with the Jewish people, by treating him and putting him up in a place till he was healed of his wounds, at his own expense. Instead of worrying about the cost he told the inn keeper that if the cost ran higher, he would compensate.

Why should appearing before Christ as Judge make us fearful? 

Appearing before the Judgment Seat of Christ will be a personal evaluation by Jesus revealing all what has been hidden in the silent, inner reaches of our own hearts. Exposed will be the real nature of what we did and what we said and even the motives that prompted our actions will be exposed for all to see. This may well be a very daunting experience.
We will not be condemned since the Judgment Seat of Christ has to do with our service for the Lord and not our sins (1 Cor 3:11-15). It’s not about whether we are saved or not, since as Christians that is already an assured fact. It is a time of review and reward, and is not to be confused with the Judgment of the Great White Throne (Rev 20:11-15); which is the final judgment of all the wicked dead. 
Jesus saves us! There is no condemnation to those who are in Christ (Rom 8:1); we are justified, declared righteous, and possess eternal life.
This whole process can be seen as the action of fire on our deeds. Those that brought glory to God and blessings to others will not be affected by the fire, but that which caused trouble among the people of God will be consumed. Preachers and teachers will be judged more severely. 

It makes us fearful because we know in our hearts that sometimes we did things to look or make ourselves feel good instead of doing it out of love for Him. Because we know that He can see into our hearts and he knows all things. He knows our true motives and intentions. He knows what we are capable of and we cannot hide from Him. 

We will not be condemned because we are saved because of His blood. We have passed from death unto life. Our names are written in the Lamb's Book of Life.

It will be tested with fire and the fire will reveal what sort of work it is. The foundation we build on is our faith in Jesus Christ and the good works are things done for others in love, sacrifice and humility  and the works done out of selfishness and hatred and from the old nature. God as a consuming fire will see through us and discern what things we did for Him and which we did for other reasons. The ones that will last will be the ones that were done for Him and nothing else. 

On 8/28/2019 at 1:13 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q3. (2 Corinthians 5:10; Romans 14:10) Why should appearing before Christ as Judge make us fearful? Will we be condemned at that judgment? What saves us (Romans 8:1; Revelation 20:12)? How will our works be judged on that day (1 Corinthians 3:12-15)?

Appearing before Christ as judgement would make me fearful because God the Father has granted Him all authority in heaven and earth. God can not tolerate sin in any form or fashion. Only being washed in the blood of Christ will we be saved and spared eternal punishment.

However, though we are saved through faith in Christ, our works will be tested as through fire, we will be rewarded for those works which endure.    

Q3. (2 Corinthians 5:10; Romans 14:10) Why should appearing before Christ as Judge make us fearful? He is the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. It should make us fearful as the word of God says the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom, what is more as this time meeting Jesus as our Judge in the end of it, but at the same time I believe a heart that is not prideful or ashamed to tell the Lord on the day of judgment that all our righteousness is but a piece of dirty rag and that we are using His righteousness even to stand in front of Him. To trust and tell that we have done a lot of bad things that we are ashamed of while in this body but here we am appearing in front of our Judge and trust in His judgment for us. Even His judgment for us would be the perfect will of the Father.

Will we be condemned at that judgment? As much as we come before Him with all our imperfections, we are ever so thankful for the grace of Jesus that allows us to have salvation and that if we are in Him, there is no condemnation for us but the fruits of our labor and the faithfulness of our service will be judged by Jesus.   

What saves us (Romans 8:1; Revelation 20:12)? His undeserving grace for us saves us.  It makes us put our faith in Jesus, makes us receive the Holy Spirit and start being in Christ. This saves us and puts our names in the Lamb’s Book of Life.

How will our works be judged on that day (1 Corinthians 3:12-15)? Our works will be judged on how genuine our hearts in Christ are as we serve Him here on earth. Whatever works we do, to do it on the foundation of Christ alone, only then the works that we do tested by the fire of God can stand.

Q. Why should appearing before Christ as Judge make us fearful?

A. If our names are not in the book of life - those who have not believed and accepted Christ as their Saviour.

Q. Will we be condemned at that judgment?

A. We that have accepted Christ as our Saviour will not be condemned

Q. What saves us (Romans 8:1; Revelation 21:12)?

A. Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Q. How will our works be judged on that day (1 Corinthians 3:12-15)?

A. Whether they are good or bad.

Paul contrasts our earthly body and our future resurrection body. Paul clearly states that our present body makes us groan, but when we die we will not be spirits without bodies. We will have new bodies that will be perfect for our everlasting life. 

The Holy Spirit within us is our guarantee that God will give us an everlasting body at the resurrection (1:22). We have eternity in us now! This truth should give us great courage and patience to endure anything we might have to experience.

Paul was not afraid to die because he was confident of spending eternity with Christ. Of course, facing the unknown may cause us anxiety, and leaving loved ones hurts deeply, but if we believe in Jesus Christ, we can share Paul’s hope and confidence of eternal life with Christ.The  whole human race is on death row, justly condemned for repeatedly breaking God’s holy law. Without Jesus we would have no hope at all. But thank God! He has declared us not guilty and has offered us freedom from sin and power to do his will.

The book of Revelation gives us a vision symbolic and shows us that our new home with God will defy description. We will not be disappointed by it in any way.

On 8/28/2019 at 2:13 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q3. (2 Corinthians 5:10; Romans 14:10) Why should appearing before Christ as Judge make us fearful? Will we be condemned at that judgment? What saves us (Romans 8:1; Revelation 20:12)? How will our works be judged on that day (1 Corinthians 3:12-15)?

a. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad." (2 Corinthians 5:10) Never lose sight of the fact that we are accountable to God. 

b.  No,  Because we are born again by the Spirit of God and our names have been written in the Lamb's Book of Life (Revelation 13:8). We are saved from condemnation (Romans 8:1). We have already "passed from death to life" (John 5:24; 1 John 3:14).

c.  Faith in what Christ has done for us by shedding His blood  and sending His Holy Spirit to live inside of us.

d. Our works will be revealed as by fire and the fire will test what sort of work each has done. 

Why should appearing before Christ as Judge make us fearful? Will we be condemned at that judgment?

Appearing before Christ is the time that we may receive what is due for the things that we have done while in the body whether good or bad.  No we will not be condemned.

What saves us?

We are saved by Christ.

How will our works be judged on that day?

Our works will be judged for rewards that we will receive for faithful service.

• 4 weeks later...

The idea that one's performance is being assessed is always a frightening one, whether it is a music exam at one end of the scale, or the final judgement at the other.  Although we know that  accepting Christ has washed away our sins, we still wonder whether we have been "good enough."   But, because we are Christ's and he has died for us, we are already justified.   However, we are still accountable to God, and must face the final judgement.   But we face it secure in the knowledge that we have put our faith in Christ and received the Holy Spirit.

• 2 years later...

2 Corinthians 5:10; Romans 14:10) Why should appearing before Christ as Judge make us fearful?

I think the word fearful has many meanings. 

I remember when making something, (or getting something for someone) that feeling of anticipation if it was acceptable by the recipient (parent/teacher/friend), that was akin to fear and still is. 

I do try to do whatever I do, as unto the Lord. 

Fearing Him because of respect and reverence. That is the right kind of 'fear' to have. 

No. Our works will be judged. Our motives. Our inside which is hidden to humans but open to our Lord. 

What saves us (Romans 8:1; Revelation 20:12)?

The fact that we are in Christ Jesus. It is no longer I that liveth but Christ that liveth in me. 

It will be tested by fire to see if it was built on Christ as the Foundation. 

• 1 year later...

We will not be judged.

When I got my doctorate, I had to appear before a panel of five scholars. Many of my peers had told me how horrible it would be, how these scholars would belittle and demean me, make me defend myself, etc., so admittedly, I was frightened. When I got there, I was ready to battle -- I had my arguments and self-defense queued up and ready to dispense. But then the strangest thing happened: we chit-chatted for about a half-hour after which, in unison, they got up, shook my hand and congratulated me. It was over. No one grilled me. Amazing!!

I have a feeling that our "judgment" in heaven will be like this -- I'm stupidly afraid of something that won't happen. I know in my heart I should be judged, but won't be. Nothing will happen. Why? Because Jesus has covered me on that day of judgment. He's argued for me. It's already over.