JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Day 20. 12 Apostles

Pastor Ralph

Day 20 Meditation (Revelation 21:14). The 12 Apostles of the Lamb became the foundation of the New Jerusalem. How has your life, your example, and your testimony been built into the foundations of the lives of your family and community? In what sense do you see yourself as an Ambassador of the Lamb?

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, this is the most important mission of us as Christians-disciples of Jesus. We are told that we are the salt and light-which we cannot cover but let to lit up the darkness, who can be our family members, neighbors and communities, co-workers...my main cry is heard that God has given me my three children that they are now saved and the old ones are baptized at the age of 12 and since then serving wit their peers in our church. The last one will be 12 next year and is learning the gospel and I see that she cannot wait that day of baptism. Now we are church on our own worshiping God at hope and with our brothers ans sisters, we are praying to get our siblings and neighbors. As much as Jesus give me the opportunity I try to show people to show Jesus in testimony and in example of my behaviors-where I lead organizations, teams and groups in the office and out during field works. Not easy, but I see people touched who were our neighbors and workmates. Recently, a work mate whom I used to works years back called me and told me that he is in Christ now with his wife amid prosecution and opposition from their families. He called me because he knew that I was the only christian in that office and we traveled a lot in the deep forests. I see that he was observing the light and grace around me. Let's take care as Christians that we are examples because people can also call us after a long time and tell us how bad we were to them. We have family prayer day, every Friday night, and we cry out for salvation of people, those at war and destruction, running away from homes, hungry and dismayed by their own governments including my country. I always pray for God to increase the fire in us and burn this fire around us.

I always see myself as ambassador of Jesus at any work and organization I lead, people I meet and chat, my relatives and neighbors and I want them to see Jesus as I speak, walk in and walk out, socialize and participate...God power his spirit day by day on us and help us to be seen in light and grace-for people to envy our peace, stability, what we hope..in the name of Jesus, I pray.

Day 20 Meditation (Revelation 21:14). 
The 12 Apostles of the Lamb became the foundation of the New Jerusalem. 
How has your life, your example, and your testimony been built into the foundations of the lives of your family and community? 
In what sense do you see yourself as an Ambassador of the Lamb? 

What can I say? By His grace and the continued sanctifying work and perseverance of the Holy Spirit I have served the Lord during my life. Not to the best of my abilities I’m sorry to say. My three sons are all born again Christians and I am proud of them. But it’s not about me, it’s all about glorifying our Heavenly Father. My service and obedience to His Word. On my own there is nothing of any worth that I can ever do.  

I think my example and testimony has been built into the foundations of the lives in my family and community by me going out on mission trips, helping people around me, delivering meals, and doing what I can in the church. I see myself as an Ambassador of the Lamb in the things that I do.

The 12 Apostles of the Lamb became the foundation of the New Jerusalem. How has your life, your example, and your testimony been built into the foundations of the lives of your family and community? In what sense do you see yourself as an Ambassador of the Lamb?

It is in God's mercy, he open my heart to Jesus and by His grace I grow in my walk with Him and in love He transforms me from one degree to another. I can never thank Holy Spirit enough for revealing Jesus to me and changing me that my husband and children are now also in Christ. In His time, most of my siblings, nieces, nephews and including my parents has now received Jesus as their Lord and Savior. 

Thank you Pastor Ralph for the wonderful prayer. Yes, may God the Father give me eye to see I am a chosen ambassador of the Lamb, ear to hear the voice of the Spirit directing me to take the Good News to the hurting world.

Father, thank you that your ambassadors carried the gospel to each of us. I pray that we might come to see ourselves not as ordinary Christians, but as chosen ambassadors of the Lamb wherever you place us. Give us a heightened awareness of your Spirit's whispers, I pray, so that we might do and say as you are directing us -- words direct from your capital in the heavenly Jerusalem to men and women, boys and girls whom you love where we are. Grant it, Lord, and then help us to rise in faith to the occasion. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

I became a Royal Ambassador at the age of twelve....I learned this song then and still sing it today...

Royal Ambassador song

All that we do is either an investment in the flesh or an investment in the Spirit. We shall reap whatever we have sown, and we shall reap in proportion to how we have sown. “Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously” (2 Corinthians 9:6). The believer who walks in the Spirit and “sows” in the Spirit is going to reap a spiritual harvest. If his sowing has been generous, the harvest will be bountiful, if not in this life, certainly in the life to come. Conversely, those who “sow” to the flesh are going to reap a life without the full blessings of God, both in this life and the life to come (Jeremiah 18:10; 2 Peter 2:10–12).

Edited by Wayne Hall
Addition

Q. The 12 Apostles of the Lamb became the foundation of the New Jerusalem. How has your life, your example, and your testimony been built into the foundations of the lives of your family and community?

A. I try as best I can, to think and act by the leadership of the Holy Spirit in terms of integrity, sincerity, helping the needy. I also make the Word of God available to many by circulating a daily devotional to over 100 readers through their Whatsapp every morning.

Q. In what sense do you see yourself as an Ambassador of the Lamb?

A. Now that I have been reminded that I am an ambassador for Christ, I will make effort to remind myself to see my self always as such and thus make efforts to be Christ's messenger that spread His word and do the acts of service a messenger to the society.

On 5/15/2020 at 9:54 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Day 20 Meditation (Revelation 21:14). The 12 Apostles of the Lamb became the foundation of the New Jerusalem. How has your life, your example, and your testimony been built into the foundations of the lives of your family and community? In what sense do you see yourself as an Ambassador of the Lamb?

1. The 12 Apostles of the Lamb became the foundation of the New Jerusalem. How has your life, your example, and your testimony been built into the foundations of the lives of your family and community?

I can only pray that my life, example and testimony ARE in the foundation of family and community. One of the gifts I've been entrusted with is evangelism,  and with that gift comes a God given ability to share the Lord easily, and I do  that at His leading where ever I am, and had the privilege of leading our children to Him and His love when they were 2 and 6.  At the perfect time the  gift of a Bible study became available which also had a children's program. Several years later, a gift from my Dad's small estate when he died,  paid for the first year of Christian school for them, which we were blessed to be able to continue through their entire education. So they both have a solid foundation upon which to build their lives. It goes without saying there have been mistakes along the way as well.

I've had the privilege of sharing with my brothers and their families, and one by one by His grace they have come to know the Lord!  He built the firm foundation of our Christian faith, and  my prayer is that the small stones He's given me will add to that foundation for His honor and glory. 

A comment that many have made is that the way I have persevered through the years of loss, trials, false accusations, catastrophes, has been an inspiration to them to keep on going in their own struggles. But again all glory goes to our Lord who has been laying my own foundation. They mention my faith, and I  see a "picture" of a mother cat carrying her kitten to a new location, by the scruff of it's neck....that kitten would be me being carried by Holy Spirit, over and over again, through the years when I might have given up otherwise....so all glory to Him for any faith that I demonstrate.

2. In what sense do you see yourself as an Ambassador of the Lamb?

I think of the scripture which says: "We show and make obvious that we are a letter from Christ delivered by us, not written with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts." (2 Cor. 3:3) and remember the impact which it has had on my life in terms of how I try to comport myself around others, and especially nonbelievers. It's been my hearts desire to deliver only love letters from His heart when I speak to strangers, friends, or family.  In many cases, we have only one opportunity to "deliver His message of Love" so that is always on my mind...where ever I go. I want to represent Him accurately to others, and have made that a goal to pursue.

I led my daughter to the Lord when she was younger and now she is in her own ministry helping others to be free. I am a poet and have written poems and read them in church to encourage others. I am trying to help others in need as much as I can and I try to witness to others; but not as much as I should. I mentioned about my faith to someone on the senior bus last year and I even mentioned to my new counselor that I read the Bible and pray and try to witness. I know I still can do better with God's help.

I am an Ambassador of the Lamb wherever I go or whoever I meet. I have a responsibility to tell others about Him and to conduct myself so that I bring no shame on His name. That whatever I say will be something that is good and lifts others up and makes them ask questions about what I believe.

The 12 Apostles of the Lamb became the foundation of the New Jerusalem. How has your life, your example, and your testimony been built into the foundations of the lives of your family and community? Jesus commissioned the Apostles to go into the entire world and preach the gospel.  By my testimony and sharing the Word of God, I too am building a foundation for my family and the community.

In what sense do you see yourself as an Ambassador of the Lamb? I see myself as an ambassador of the Lamb sent with a mission to spread the good news of the gospel to a world that is in need of a Savior.

The 12 Apostles of the Lamb became the foundation of the New Jerusalem. How has your life, your example, and your testimony been built into the foundations of the lives of your family and community?   Since the strongholds within me were torn down, my life, example and testimony has been built on the foundation of seeking the Lord, being transparent about my own struggles and learning to just be in Christ and bear the fruit of his spirit awaiting any opportunity to not just live out my testimony but to speak it in words to another. 

In what sense do you see yourself as an Ambassador of the Lamb?  It comes in every way, with every role I have as a wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, co-worker, neighbor, etc. It is about allowing the light of Jesus within me to shine outward in every area of my life and again waiting patiently for the opportunity that God presents to me to put my testimony in words to another. 

Day 20 Meditation (Revelation 21:14). The 12 Apostles of the Lamb became the foundation of the New Jerusalem. How has your life, your example, and your testimony been built into the foundations of the lives of your family and community?

I am a wife of an emeritus pastor of 40 years, where I served; teaching God’s word through precept and example. I have three children; All Christian, accepted Christ in their childhood. one is a pastor of faith base outreach ministry (Life Recovery) for Drug, health, habits, hang-ups and an author of several books on subject matters. Daughter, mother of two, retired still serving within the body of Christ; tutors and sing in the choir. First born, very compassionate, writes poetry, dialysis technician, father of three, one is no more. He is a photographer and have train his children in the field. Children are also Christian. They are family oriented.      

In what sense do you see yourself as an Ambassador of the Lamb?

I am a disciple of Christ, both teaching, preaching and evangelizing at home and also in Africa

On 5/15/2020 at 12:54 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Day 20 Meditation (Revelation 21:14). The 12 Apostles of the Lamb became the foundation of the New Jerusalem. How has your life, your example, and your testimony been built into the foundations of the lives of your family and community? I used to be a quiet, unassuming person with only myself to account for. In recent years, I became the go to source for the FBI and members of law enforcement in tracking down a massive crime ring of murderers, kidnappers, robbers, crimes which span several decades. I began to figure out that the ringleader of the attacks were putting dismembered bodies of killed persons into garbage bags and laying them out on the city streets for sanitation trucks to pick up.  This was on a chilly Oct night and I thought if I'm cold, how cold would those people be, laying in garbage bags on a city side walk?  A switch went off and ever since then, I became dedicated to the recovery and rescue of people and bodies. 

The killer even devised a scheme in which he paid someone to publish a story in a major news outlet about the business of selling human body parts for profit. This story went viral and it normalized the sale of human arms, legs etc. The story was also used to lure unsuspecting migrant workers into a job of trafficking human body parts all over the world. 

Nobody in my family knows that I've been doing this for the last 3 years but I've built a loyal following and support from LE and the victims' families. I'm proud to say that my tips have led to the rescue of dozens of children and adults. I was surprised to find that I was so dedicated to the recovery and rescue of people I've never met but I think this speaks to the idea that if you see wrong, you have to do what you can to right it. In this case, the wrong was so egregiously wrong, that it just could not be left alone. 

In what sense do you see yourself as an Ambassador of the Lamb? I don't know that I'm an Ambassador since Jesus is known mostly for teaching God's Word. I hope at the very least, he's pleased with what I've been doing for my fellow neighbors. It takes a lot of dedication to smell decomposing bodies and report it to the authorities with a straight face.

a. My life was marred by a bad marriage.  After being married 22 yrs  and in a sad state, someone told me about Jesus and that he actually came to save me.  I started attending church where they preached the Word.  I started with the Living Bible and the words leaped off the pages and I just wanted to read more and more of the Word.  It became life to me.  Took my children to church and they gave their hearts to the Lord.  My husband did but somehow turned around and began seeing another woman from work.     We got a divorce, he remarried and children scattered and confused.  At the time, our church was not heavy in witnessing.  It was by being an example.  I became an example by how the Holy Spirit was working in me, working in the Church, being kind, never saying anything bad about my husband to my children, giving my testimony and witnessing to all that would listen, reading the Word, finding more about Jesus, faith, grace, memorizing the Word, giving to others, getting real truth by listening to the Holy Spirit, loving my neighbors, being content in the Lord.

b.  I see myself as being an Ambassador of the Lamb by getting to know Jesus, knowing who I am in Him and all he has supplied me with, knowing how much he loves me and how much He loves others and wants them to come into a relationship with Him, and being so filled with Him that it just bubbles out of me to others.

• 3 weeks later...

For me they see me cling to the cross daily as I go about my duties as a Christian and as I struggle with my addictions and as I am persecuted for my faith because of my ministry as well. They see how I continually persevere even when trials come and choose to serve the Lord and devote my life to the Lord no matter what. I see myself as an Ambassador for Him in the sense that I am continually spreading the good news of Christ to anyone who will listen.