JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Scripture is God-Breathed

Q4. (2 Timothy 3:16) If Scripture is "breathed" by God, how can it help us draw close to God? Why do you think God's Spirit (pneuma, "breath, wind") so important in helping us understand Scripture?

The truth was written on our hearts by God before we were conceived, and thereby we recognize the truth and draw nigh unto it. We need Gods Spirit to teach and carry us along through the darkness, so that we be not deceived and sidetracked; by stumbling blocks devised by the wiles satan, as we grow in experience and maturity in the Lord, as we are being prepared to inherit the nations :) to be a Royal Priesthood unto God!!! The Holy Ghost gives us what to say at all times.

Q4. (2 Timothy 3:16) If Scripture is "breathed" by God, how can it help us draw close to God? Why do you think God's Spirit (pneuma, "breath, wind") so important in helping us understand Scripture?

THE BIBLE IS NOT A HUMAN BOOK.THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT GOD REVEALED HIS PERSON AND PLAN TO CERTAIN BELIEVERS WHO WROTE DOWN HIS MESSAGE FOR HIS PEOPLE.THEY WROTE WHAT GOD WANTED THEM TO WRITE.SCRIPTURE IS COMPLETELY TRUSTWORTHY BECAUSE GOD WAS IN CONTROL OF ITS WRITING.HIS WORDS ARE ENTIRELY AUTHORITATIVE FOR OUR FAITH AND LIVES.NIV

THE MORE WE READ AND STUDY GODS WORD ,THE MORE WE LEARN ABOUT GOD AND HOW MUCH HE LOVES US.GODS WORD WILL DRAW YOU CLOSER TO GOD,BECAUSE IT IS TRUTH,SHOWS US HOW TO LIVE A HOLY LIFE.WE READ THE WORD AND USE ITS TEACHINGS TO GUIDE OUR LIVES.THE BIBLE IS''GOD BREATHED''.

GODS WORD IS HOLY.I BELIEVE WHEN WE GET DEEP INTO GODS WORD HE IS BREATHING ON US HIS HOLY WIND OF LIFE.

• 4 weeks later...

Q4. (2 Timothy 3:16) If Scripture is "breathed" by God, how can it help us draw close to God?

God breathes the breath of life into the Scripture so we can understand it and apply it to our daily lives.

Why do you think God's Spirit (pneuma, "breath, wind") is so important in helping us understand Scripture?

His breath of life, makes the Scriptures come alive for us, and helps us to understand it. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Q4. (2 Timothy 3:16) If Scripture is "breathed" by God, how can it help us draw close to God? Why do you think God's Spirit (pneuma, "breath, wind") is so important in helping us understand Scripture?

The scripture is breathed by God, it was inspired by Him. Teh scripture is God speaking to us, just as the holy sipirit was left as a comfoter for us, so was the scripture left to guide, instruct, correct, teach, rebuke, and train us. It allows to understand the reqirements God has for us, it tells us about him, it reveals and represents truth, it gives us an insight into what happened in the early days and tells us of God's promises, miracles and power. Knowledge is power, so when we read the scripture and become more knowledgeable about what God requires of us, then we are drawn closer to him, and something else about he scripure, i am sue it has happened to many of us, once you start, you want to learn more, you want to understand, you just want to communicate with our Father more .

Why do you think God's Spirit (pneuma, "breath, wind") is so important in helping us understand Scripture?

God's spirit is extremely important in understanding the scripture, I can attest to this, Sometimes I find myself reading the word, but just understanding, and i've grown to realise that before reading the word i should invite the Holy Spirit to help me to understand and interpret what it is that God wants me to know from what i'm reading, and that's when i can really understand the scripture. Sometimes too, the Holy Siprit dirits you to certain scriptures, and when you realise, God directed there in order to give you the answers you have been looking for, or words of encouragement for someone in dire need of them. Of 'self', we would have our own interpretations of scripture, but of course, we are mortals and we can be wronb, but when we ask God to help us understand, then we can be fulfillied through his word and his love for us.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The Bible is a "living" book. God speaks to us through it as often as we seek it out. He guides us with his word, he comforts us, he provides hope and salvation. All of these draw us closer to God.

The Spirit helps us by being a translater....both in carrying our prayers to God and in helping us understand God's word.

• 5 weeks later...

Scripture is a word form God to be used for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness so that Christians my be thoroughly equipped for every good work. Through prayering over God's word we develop a relationship with Him to whatever level we seek our God involvement in our lives. The Holy Spirit helps us to understand God's word and integrate it into our lives.

"And the Lord God,...breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul" (Gen 2:7). To me this illustrates the Spirit of God and how he operates. He comes into us and brings life to our souls. The Word is life and just as a vital organ, it is necessary for existence. So, how much closer can God be to us than living inside of us, by His Word and His Holy Spirit?

In John 14:26 Jesus tells us that the Holy Spirit will teach us and remind us of His Word. Without the Holy Spirit we are doomed to ignorance in understanding God by the Word. Think of trying to read a book in Japanese and not speaking a word of the language.

• 2 months later...

Q4. (2 Timothy 3:16) If Scripture is "breathed" by God, how can it help us draw close to God? Why do you think God's Spirit (pneuma, "breath, wind") is so important in helping us understand Scripture?

Scripture is completely trustworty because God was in control of its writing. Its words are entirely authoritative for our faith and life. When we read the Bible and use its teachings to guide our conduct we will never be the same we will be close to God.

God's Spririt is the one that moves us to Love His Word and reveals God's nature in us.

• 8 months later...

Since scripture is breathed by God, it comes from God and is pure truth and authoritative concerning God. The scripture itself says that if we humbly accept its word planted in our hearts, it can save us from sin. (James 1) This is interesting because the scripture teaches that Jesus was sent to save us from our sin and that Jesus is the word made flesh. This same verse teaches that scripture is effective for rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness so that its reader may be fully equipped to perform every good work.

God's spirit is important in helping us understand scripture because His ways are not our ways and are far above are ways, such that we could not naturally understand the truth of His message without His Spirit teaching and leading us through and to the truth.

• 5 months later...

Just knowing God breath touch the Word it is so precious and dear to me. It is His way of expressing His love for me by telling His truths and sharing His thoughts with me and showing me His Son Jesus Christ. Also giving me something to hold on to all the days of my life. It is God who allows us to understand his Word because He loves us so deeply and He does not want us to miss out on anything that is good and true.

• 1 year later...

Q4. (2 Timothy 3:16)

If Scripture is "breathed" by God, how can it help us draw close to God?

It is through the Word that a person can become aware of our salvation and the restoring of us to righteousness. Since the Word is God talking to us, the very Word of God, inspired and infallible, we should take special note of what He is saying. It can only benefit us and help us draw closer to Him. In it we learn not only about salvation, but also about sin, sanctification, the church, future events, and various other doctrines, which are important for us to know to be able to stay close to God. It is the Holy Spirit which helps us to understand the Scriptures and at the same time change our hearts and minds, so that there is spiritual growth, with us becoming more amore like our Saviour Jesus.

• 1 year later...

Preachers led by the Spirit have a greater impact upon us, for sure they do with me. I learn more and evolve more; we must remember to listen to such preachers, for it is God speaking. They use the scripture for teaching how to be in the world today, but they are most strong and powerful when it is the Spirit that is teaching us, that is lighting the fire of the preacher.

When we read and focus on the scupture as deeply as we can, the Spirit will help us be impacted in the mind and heart. We need the Spiriti to teach us something deeper, and to draw us closer to our maker. It all works together. Praise God fro the Triune God.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

4a)The scriptured is brought alive by God, he is our breath of life.We are drawn closer to God through His word by His Spirit we are intimately connected, connecting with ours, moulding us reshaping us, correcting rebuking etc

B)through Godā€™s Spirit His Word comes alive for us if we allow him in,& repent he helps us, ministers to us and guides us into all truth and understanding embracing his thoughts, refining us,for our living in holy ways.

• 6 months later...

Ā 

It underlines the point that God interacts with human-beings in an intimate way to carry out His will on this planet.Ā  The Holy Spirit enlightens the dark/worldly mind to understand spiritual things.Ā  The things of God.Ā  Without the presence of the Holy Spirit within a person there is no enlightenment or understanding.Ā  The satanic world system overwhelms people and boxes them into a dark paradigm.Ā  As Paul taught, where the Spirit of God is there is freedom.

Ā 

Ā 

It underlines the point that God interacts with human-beings in an intimate way to carry out His will on this planet.Ā  The Holy Spirit enlightens the dark/worldly mind to understand spiritual things.Ā  The things of God.Ā  Without the presence of the Holy Spirit within a person there is no enlightenment or understanding.Ā  The satanic world system overwhelms people and boxes them into a dark paradigm.Ā  As Paul taught, where the Spirit of God is there is freedom.

Ā 

• 2 weeks later...

Scripture being inspired by God helps me draw closer to God because I can trust it as the truth of God.Ā  Therefore, I can trust that the revelations of God's character in the Scriptures are true.Ā  And therefore, I can trust the God revealed therein and put my hope in Jesus.Ā 

Ā Ā  By studying the whole Bible, memorizing passages, and meditating on what I learn from my studying,Ā  I can know God better and more intimately.Ā  Our relationship will grow even closer and deeper as I obey His commands that I learn as I study.

Ā 

I think the Holy Spirit is so important, so necessary in helping me understand the Bible because I am finite, limited, and ignorant, and so, many passages are incomprehensible to me, while the Holy Spirit is infinite and knows the mind of God.

Ā Ā  Also, the Holy Spirit lives in me and knows what I understand, what I don't understand correctly, and exactly what is blocking my understanding, and so, He is able and powerful to overcome that barrier for me.Ā  In addition, He knows what I need to learn first before I will understand this passage, and how slowly my learning must proceed in order for me to clearly and correctly grasp God's teaching in this passage.

• 4 months later...

. (2 Timothy 3:16) If Scripture is "breathed" by God, how can it help us draw close to God?Ā  The more we read and internalize, the more breath we get to inhale and to exhale.

Why do you think God's Spirit (pneuma, "breath, wind") is so important in helping us understand Scripture?Ā  When the student is ready the teacher will appear.Ā  God is the author of Scripture; when we demonstrate that we are ready to receive, He deposits.

Ā 

• 1 year later...

Q4. (2 Timothy 3:16) If Scripture is "breathed" by God, how can it help us draw close to God? Why do you think God's Spirit (pneuma, "breath, wind") so important in helping us understand Scripture?Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā 

Ā 

Scripture has life as it is breathed by God, when we spend time reading and meditating the word of God, with the help, power and anointing of the HolyĀ Spirit, God will reveal to us the deep meaning of his Word,Ā andĀ he makes us know his will for our life.Ā  ThisĀ understanding will draw us more close to God.

Ā 

Things of God cannot be graspedĀ by natural man without Gods Spirit.Ā  The HolyĀ Spirit enables us to understandĀ the scriptures.Ā  The Holy Spirit sheds light toĀ human minds and transforms us teaching us what GodĀ intends to teachĀ us through his word.Ā Ā Ā Ā ā€‹

• 1 year later...
On 7/9/2004 at 10:04 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

The Scriptures, "breathed" by God draws us to God because we too are of the breath of God. Ā God "breath" is so important in helping us to understand Scripture because the Scripture is of God. Ā Our understanding of the Scripture is an understanding of God. Ā The Spirit of God gives us understanding of the Scripture.

• 11 months later...

When we spend time is God's word we learn more about God and His will for us and what He wants us to do. Without the Spirit we are unable to understand the Scriptures because they are from God and only God's Spirit canĀ  interpret what is of God.