JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Building Up Your Faith

Q2. (Jude 20a) Why does God make you responsible to "build up" your own Christian faith? What are you doing on a regular basis to obey this command? What should you begin to do that will help you be built up better?

BUILDING MYSELF UP IN MY CHRISTIAN FAITH,I WOULD SAY''STAY IN GOD'S WORD,PRAY AT ALL TIMES,PRAY IN TONGUES ,WHICH IS YOUR PRAYER LANGUAGE.WORSHIP GOD EVERYDAY AND GIVE HIM THANKS AND PRAISE.MEDITATE,SPENDING TIME IN SILIENCE IN GOD'S AWESOME HOLY PRESENCE FEELING HIS LOVE,KNOWING GOD IS THERE WHEN YOU ARE TALKING WITH HIM.LISTEN TO GOD WHEN HE SPEAKS TO YOU.ALL OF THESE I HAVE MENTIONED WE CAN HAVE IF WE ONLY ASK GOD TO BE WITH US AND HELP US LEARN TO FIND HIM.GOD IS THERE FOR US.GOD WANTS TO SPEND TIME WITH US.TAKE THAT QUAILITY TIME TO BE WITH HIM AND YOUR FAITH WILL GROW STRONG.

REACHING OUT TO THE LOST AND HURTING,HELPING THEM FIND JESUS AND PEACE IN THEIR LIFE,WILL MAKE YOU FEEL GOOD TO KNOW YOU HAVE TAKEN A PART IN A MINISTRY FOR GOD TO THE LOST.

• 1 year later...

If I love something/one than I would invest a great deal of time in it and want to be good at it or with that person all the time. It would be my main interest. My time spent on or with it would prove that I love it. Reading my bible, listening to sermons, praying, reading books about the bible, worshipping at church & having fellowship with other believers. I want to be able to talk to people about Jesus effectively.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are responsible for building up our own Christian faith as a response to the faith that He has given us. Peter encourages Christians to make every effort to add to their faith goodness, knowledge, self-control, perseverance, godliness, brotherly kindness and love. 2 Pet. 1:5-7. God has given us free-will, we are not robots or puppets. God wants us to take an active role in our own spiritual development and relationship to Him.

I systematically read and pray over scripture every day seeking to integrate God's Word into my life. I'm making an active effort to add to my faith the above virtues mentioned by Peter. I try to maintain a constant prayer attitude throughout the day. I am always seeking opportunities to serve God as well as opportunities for God to develop me. I actively seek God's will and direction in my life.

The above is what I am doing to built up myself in my most Holy faith.

• 2 weeks later...

God wants us to come to Him of our own free will. To demonstrate this to Him we need to hunger for Him and this can only be done when we are self motivated.

I try my best to show my Heavenly Father of my zeal for Him by studying daily, praying quite often, attending bible stuies with the body of Christ and visitors, going to church often and working in ministry.

It never seems to be enough and I always find myself desiring to do better. I owe Him my life.

• 2 months later...

Q2. (Jude 20a) Why does God make you responsible to "build up" your own Christian faith? What are you doing on a regular basis to obey this command? What should you begin to do that will help you be built up better?

God Has revealed Himself to us through nature ever from the creation of earth. Nature shows us a God of might, Intelligence, and Intricate detail; a God of order and beauty; a God who controls powerful forces. Through special revelation (The Bible and coming of Jesus), we learn about God

• 8 months later...

1) Because we are in a relationship with Him. We dont claim salvation from the cross one day and bury it in the ground by forgetting it for the rest of our lives. Our Father is a shrewd investor when it comes to saving the souls of many.

2) I do four things most every day: a) I humble myself before his word; B) submit to every authority; c) watch Him orchestrate the events of my life and others; and d) pray and listen.

3) Observe and listen to the humblest children of God.

• 6 months later...

God want us to do some of the work for ourselves. If He does everything for us we won't appreciate the things that He does do for us. We have to read the Word of God. God already knows what He has said. Things worth keeping is worth working for. Our faith is well worth every effort to learn of God. The thing that I am doing to obey this command is to pray, fellowship at church with other believers, read the Word of God and try to keep God in my thoughts. Meditate on the word and fasting along with prayer.

• 1 year later...

Q2. (Jude 20a)

Why does God make you responsible to "build up" your own Christian faith?

What are you doing on a regular basis to obey this command?

What should you begin to do that will help you be built up better?

We are to build up our own Christian faith by studying and obeying the Bible. We have to do it, the Holy Spirit can help us understand Scripture by opening our hearts and minds to it; but it is ultimately our responsibility. Constant reading and meditating guides us positively in the way of righteousness, and warns us about the dangers along the way.

On a regular basis I attend church, Bible Study groups, my personal quiet time and then my personal Bible Studies like this one.

I can start by being more active in spreading the Word in my community.

• 1 year later...

God makes it our responsibility to “build up” our own Christian faith because we are the only ones that can do that. We are the ones that have to take the time of the day to engage ourselves in the Word.

The things that I do on a regular basis to obey this command is to do a bible study, read the bible and to pray daily.

• 1 year later...

God makes us responsible to "build up" our own Christian faith because He created us with the ability to do it.  We were created in the image of God and given free will.  In order for a relationship  to be truly a relationship requires independent action between all parties.  God did not create us as puppets but as thinking creatures.  I must act and respond to God as an individual.  I must exercise my will to response to Him.  I must act as God intended for us to act.   

I engage in daily Bible study, prayer, praise and worship, and service to others beginning in my home.

I must continue to let Jesus increase in my life and my self will decrease to be the person God purposed me to be. 

• 2 years later...

God has given us free will and this makes us responsible to build up our faith.

Our faith is built up when we listen to, meditate on, and put into practice in our lives the teachings of Christ. We can do that for ourselves, through reading the Bible on a regular basis -- and not just reading, but thinking about, dwelling on, absorbing. It builds up, edifies, strengthens us in our most holy faith.​

• 1 year later...
On 8/1/2004 at 2:55 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

God make us responsible to "build up" your own Christian faith because it is built and strengthened as we read the word of God.  As we read the word of God we come to know God, who He is, and our relationship with Him grows  To maintain this, on a regular basis communion and dwelling in the Word of God is the answer.  To build up the relationship, more dedication to the presence of God must be foremost.

• 11 months later...

Q2. (Jude 20a) Why does God make you responsible to "build up" your own Christian faith? What are you doing on a regular basis to obey this command? What should you begin to do that will help you be built up better? He makes me to responsible by learning to trust Him more each day with my life through reading His word, prayer and Bible study. Also being taught it through preaching as well. Regular basis - prayer, Bible study, devotions, and obedience. as well learning through preaching of the Word. Better - More obedience to God.