JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q5. Your Feedback on this Bible Study

Q5. What has this study on 2 Peter and Jude meant to you? How has it enriched your life? How could it be improved?

This was the first Bible study I did on-line and it helped me develop the habit of daily study and prayer. It gave me an insight into the meaning of discipleship and helped me see my rough edges. For me, the comtemplative questions really made this a worthwhile study.

One suggestion I have is to not post responses that don't answer the question that was asked.

The study of 2Peter and Jude has been a welcome addition to my daily growth. I look forward to it every day. It calls for a greater understanding of just what the passage of scripture is saying to me. We need the warning to be aware of false doctrine and teachers who twist the truth of God. I can't wait to receive the lessons on Abraham.

It has enriched my life by keeping me in the Word of God and making me very much aware of the evil of our day, and to be on guard for myself and others in the body of Christ.

It might be improved by bringing about correction to individuals who miss

the point in scripture in giving their answers to the questions.

Q5. What has this study on 2 Peter and Jude meant to you? How has it enriched your life? How could it be improved?

It's been great to have a reminder every day to do some in-depth study especially on a text that I haven't spent time on before. Staying in the Word is what it's all about, so anything that helps me do that is great. I'm not sure how it can be significantly improved other than for you to respond occasionally to comments on the board. What I miss in this format is the back and forth that one normally gets with group study.

It reminds me of what a wonderful awesome and loving Father we have who gave us His heart - His Son. This study helps me to meditate further on His word and enriches their meanings. I need to devote more time to meditation. I recently purchased some CD's on the NT in NIV complete with sound effects of that time to help emphasize/dramatize the dialogue. I'm sure this will help me meditate more.

This study grounded me again in the very basics of my faith and confronted me with the high expectations God has of me. I am called to live a supernatural life, although clothed in flesh. The second study "Add to your faith goodness" was a very practical, timely reminder to me of what is possible fo me, relying on God's Holy Spirit to guide my every action and, especially, words.

The audio recaps are much appreciated and go to reinforcing the message.

Many, many thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

THROUGH THE TEACHING OF BOTH THESE TWO FOLLOWERS OF JESUS,PETER AND JUDE HAS SHOWN ME HOW MUCH WE SHOULD STAY IN THE WORD OF GOD AND BE CAREFUL OF WHOM YOU MAY LISTEN TO WHEN THEY ARE SPEAKING,AND WHERE THEY ARE GETTING THEIR INFORMATION ON WHAT THEY ARE TEACHING.THIS LESSON HAS SHOWN ME HOW LOVING OUR GOD IS AND THAT GOD WANTS US TO HEAR THE TRUTH AND ONLY THE TRUTH.WE MUST BE CAREFUL OF FALSE TEACHERS.THROUGH THE TRUTH AND GODS WORD WE MUST HELP LEAD BACKTHE PEOPLE THAT HAS BEEN LEAD A STRAY,SO THEY WILL REALIZE OUR SALVATION COMES FROM JESUS CHRIST AND ONLY OUR HEAVENLY FATHER SENT JESUS HIS ONLY SON TO GIVE US LIFE.ONLY THROUGH JESUS CHRIST WILL WE STAND BLAMELESS BEFORE OUR HEAVENLY FATHER.AS BELIEVERS WE ALL ARE ''CALLED BY GOD'',''LOVED BY GOD''AND ''KEPT BY JESUS CHRIST''.TO ME THIS IS THE WHOLE MEANING OF THIS LESSON.HOW WONDERFUL TO KNOW THAT WE ARE IN GOD'S CARE HERE ON THIS EARTH AND WE CAN BE IN HIS PRESENCE AS BELIEVERS KNOWING GOD LOVES US,EVEN THOUGH WE ARE NOT WORTHY.THROUGH HIS GRACE,MERCY,AND LOVE,WE CAN GO TO HIM AND BE WITH HIM.AMEN.IT HAS BEEN A GREAT PLEASURE TO HAVE DONE THIS LESSON THROUGH PASTOR RALPH.GOD BLESS YOU AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK IN PRESENTING THIS LESSON TO ME.

BLESSINGS, LINDA STANLEY

The study of 2 Pt & Jude, like all of my Bible Studies draws me closer to God. There was one week through this study that I lost my focus. I know why, and so does God. I was being lazy and repent of that. I only stagnate my own growth when I get slack on my answeres.

I can't see any improvements on your work Dr Wilson. You have done an excellent job presenting the Truth in many fine studies. Although the question's are confussing at times, that is good, because I found if I didn't settle for a fague answer, then God brought profound understanding as I strived to understand the wholeness of the questions. Wow, the questions! :D Really deep if "one" allows them to be! I appreciate deep. Thank You.

I also apologize that I can not at this time give you a summary of this study in what it has meant for me. I had 2 studies going on this time. And although all the thoughts are on and for God ultimately, I see why you suggest only one study at a time. It gives "one" a chanse to Focus, when plenty of time for inner silence. I'm glad I did the two together though because 2 Pt & Jude just goes right along with Revelation, providing for more insight into one and the other. Gods Word is Awesome. Thank You again, and I look forward to the next "Life of Abraham"! :)Have a nice weekend :D

• 3 weeks later...

Although I delayed the study due to time constraints, I found when I did finally begin that it was most timely. I've noticed this before when studying the scriptures - that they very often address a current situation in my life. It's reassuring to see God's hand in our daily lives. Wayne Shirey

• 1 year later...

This is the second Joyful Heart Bible Study Forum that I have participated in. It has been a great blessing to me as it has challenged me greatly as to how to try and live for Jesus. to be both salt and light in a dark and decaying world.

• 2 months later...

I love the fact that we are kept by the Spirit of God and that we are not trying to work out our salvation all alone with fear and trembling. This knowledge that God does not abandon us and or have us live out our lives without Him involved in every detail, directing us as we go alone, calling on Him for our inadequacies, praying to Him and knowing that He hears at all times. In Jude I am reminded that I am snatched out of the fire by a loving God and that I am secure with Him forever. He is an awesome God and all my being should praise Him with all my heart and give thanks for what He has done for me.

• 1 year later...

This study was about Christian growth. The most important issue I took away from this was it has confirmed my believe that I must live out my faith and not just believe. That if my belief exists only in my mind it is fantasty and that I must partner with God in my spirtual growth as Peter wrote in Chapter 1 of 2 Peter.

This course took me through a careful study of both letters and you did very well. Thank you.

• 2 months later...

It has made me to be aware about false teachers and am able to grow in my Christian faith and knowledge of Jesus Christ.

I must staunchly defend Christian truth. I make sure that I avoid leaders and teachers who distort the Bible to suit their own purposes. Genuine servants of God will faithfully portray Christ in their words and conduct.

• 1 year later...

I have a new insight on what it means to study the word of God for yourself because you could be lead straight to hell by someone who is under the enfluence of Satan. I am thankful for this study and I believe God lead me to this website for the truth. God is great and He loves me. Keep doing the work of God. Thank you Pastor Ralph!

• 2 years later...

This study in 2 Peter and Jude has been able to show me God’s love in all cases. It has informed me that there are still false teaches here and that I should always be looking into the bible for my daily life. I think that this study has been presented in the great way and I don’t think that there is any need for improvement.

• 1 year later...

This study has reminded me that "By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life.  We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence." 2 Peter 1:3

What this study has made to me is that God has given me everything I need to have a relationship with Him and to be like His son Jesus Christ.  I have the ability to seize the moment, seize the day and live a life that is Godly, holy, and pious and that most importantly brings honor and glory to God the Father Almighty maker/creator of heaven and earth.  With my actions and decisions I can glorify God and bear witness to Him in a satanic world order.  I don't have to be just another lost soul in slavery to satan and this world.

This course was excellent. 

• 4 years later...
On 8/1/2004 at 2:57 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Peter and Jude has brought a who new and different revelation on the love of the Father for His children and the love He requires of us.  Jude has shown us that God has made it possible for us to be protected in our spiritual journey so that we can truly love, worship and praise Him.  

• 11 months later...

It has helped me grow in the Lord and helped me better understand the books of 2 Peter and Jude. I can't really think of anything to improve it.