Q5. Lappers and Kneelers

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

5a)I would have thought that kneelers, were submitting to a leader.But lappers were selected maybe because they were able to see with their eyes alert,whilst receiving water,&able to stand quicker. God used it mainly as a means of sifting the army numbers &reducing in size.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I don't find much significance in the passage between a kneeler and a lapper!  However, my opinion is that the kneelers would be more aware of their surroundings as they would see an approaching enemy.  The lappers, on the other hand, maybe drank the water more quickly.  In any case, Gideon was able to easily identify the 300 warriors that God wanted to use.  Gideon did not question God's method; he just obeyed God.

• 4 years later...

Q5. (Judges 7:5-6)

Q. What significance, if any, do you see in selecting the "lappers" from the "kneelers"?

A. Selecting lappers from kneelers might have not made sense to the human mind yet, it was the directive given by God and it served to achieve the purpose of trimming down the number of the soldiers to a smaller number.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

It was clearly God's doing in this situation. Gideon didn't have access to the urim and thummin.   The lappers chosen by divine providence.   It looked like they were more astute, more aware of their surroundings as they drank water.  The kneeled couldn't get  a more circumspect view kneeling down.

• 1 year later...

Q5. (Judges 7:5-6) What significance, if any, do you see in selecting the "lappers" from the "kneelers"? 

I understand that one is more alert of the surroundings and immediately at the ready to move when needing to.  

I do feel that God allows us free choice.  This was His way of selecting the fewer men with which He would continue His operation against the enemy.