JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. (1:5-8) What is the promise to claim in verse 5? What is the condition attached to this promise in verse 6? How do trials help us receive this wisdom?

Focus on God is the only answer, turn it over to Him and trust, joyfully. sometimes this is a tall order. What I neeed to feel is the joy of accepting the trial, and trusting God to be with me no matter the outcome. Being in the present with God is one way to "not have a trial" then He simply leads us and the trial becomes small, and unimportant. With wisdom we can see how the trial came about, and ask God's help to deliver us. He loves us and will do for us what is best, in this we must fully believe and trust in Him. There is no other serious option, it is only Him, He Jesus is the solution.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James encourages us to pray for wisdom by assuring us not only that God will answer our prayer for wisdom, but that He will do so without shaming or humiliating us. This is because He is glorified when we confess our dependency and His sufficiency. God delights in the fact that we express our dependence on Him.

James sets down only one condition and that is that we pray in faith, without wavering. It is never wrong to pray for wisdom, and there is never a time when God will not grant us that wisdom

• 3 months later...

In trails, easy matters we do but hard things we need God. we need wisdom to solve problems. when we are out of wit, it is good to seek The Provider Of Wisdom. in verse 5 God promises us wisdom. yet He is generous to give wisdom to us graciously that meet the standard of approval in solving our problems. the condition for us is not to doubt Him. trails humble us to make our faith strong.

• 1 month later...

Q4. (1:5-8) What is the promise to claim in verse 5? What is the condition attached to this promise in verse 6? How do trials help us receive this wisdom?

Ask and believe . In our discomfort we ask....we must seek out the answer. When God gave the manna, we had to go out and look for it and pick it up. We knew it would be there. Same with wisdom. If we ask for it - our faith reveals it to us.

The wonderful promise of verse 5 is that God's wisdom will be provided freely to those who ask. The condition is we must ask in faith, that is we must beleive that God will do as He promises if we want to recieve "anything", this attitude of trust is key. How do trials help us recieve this wisdom? well I think that they help us to see our need of God's guidance...difficulty reminds us to turn to Him

PS happy new year to all

love David

That we dont need to stumble alone in the dark, we can ask God for wisdom. However our trust needs to be in God alone. It is not just asking for wisdom to add to the pile of other ideas... ie well I will check out what family says, the media says, popular literature says and what I think... it is about seeking out God alone and not wavering in this! Trials can help us to press into God and seek his Wisdom. So we can be single minded and not double minded!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The promise claim is you will b granted wisdom if you will ask. The condition is that we must ask in faith without doubting. Trials strengthen our faith so that we do not doubt God and therefore have the stability to stand. Our faith through trials does not remain stunted and we are able to mature as Christians.

• 3 weeks later...

The promise to claim is that if we ask God for wisdom, He will generously give it to us without casting judgement or finding fault. In order to receive it, though, we must full believe that He will follow through with his promise, and never doubt Him. Our trials give us this wisdom by allowing Him to prove his graciousness and the value of his promises.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The promise found in James 1:5 is if any of us lack wisdom, we're to ask God who will give it to us. However, the condition upon which we must claim this verse is to ask Him in faith believing He will give us the knowledge we seek. If we do not ask Him in faith, we will not receive anything from Him.

Trials I believe help us to receive this wisdom by teaching us to rely SOLELY on God out of pure faith to see us through. As we endure trials, our faith will grow. Trials are not fun, but it is a process by which we must go through to a)develop reliance upon Him, b)strengthen and grow our faith, and c)mature us so that we learn to come to Him first NO MATTER WHAT!!

Edited by CathyLovesJesus

• 4 weeks later...

It is wisdom which gives God but we must ask in faith as Jesus said i Matthew . ask u will recived and seek u will find and knock the door will be open for u. we should ask ,seek , and knock u will receive.

Wisdom is promised to those who ask with clear commitment and faith. Working through trials help solidify our commitment and faith. When we overcome, we become stronger and less uncertain of God's power and desire to guide and direct our steps.

God has promised us wisdom if we ask and not doubt. During a period of trials patience, taking a step back before going forward, taking a time of pause and thinking what God would desire has helped me approach and deal with these trials. I have learned a great deal about God, myself and more compassion for others. I still have trials, I still wrestle but right now I'm waiting for the next step to be shown to me.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

a. the promise is that if we ask for wisdom it will be given to us generously

b. the condition attached to that is that we must not doubt that we will receive

c. trials help us receive wisdom because when we are pressed hard, we will seek God and His wisdom. It's like olives being pressed - the oil comes out - when we're pressed what's in us will come out. Either we will call on God or we will not.

• 1 month later...

Wisdom is the promise that we can claim in V5 and the condition is to ask God.

By asking it may sound very simple but in V6 the attitude towards asking is what we must practise, when we ask God we should not hold back our believe, we must not doubt Him even though the route ahead of us may seem bleak and though.

By believing in His strong loving care. We can learn to rely on God and expecting that He will hear and dependance on Him when He answer our prayer align with His purpose and plan. This is how when we are undergoing trials help us receive this wisdom.

• 2 months later...

[/

If anyone lacks wisdom and ask God 'It will be given to him'

'believe and not doubt'

In trials, when we are really pushed hard we are left with one option of seeking God's face during which time only His wisdom can sort us out. If we ask Him for help and have no doubt in our mind then we will receive wisdom to operate.

• 1 month later...

The promise that God gives to us in this verse is if we need wisdom to ask Him for it. And He will not find fault or criticize us for asking for it. But we must ask in faith, believing wholeheartedly in God and not have divided loyaties; not having hope one minute and wavering in our faith the next. Trials help us receive this wisdom by one thing showing us that we have to depend on God for our deliverance. Trials help up realize that we have to make the right decision that God is showing us and not lean on our own understanding.

• 4 weeks later...

God's Blessings,

If we ask God with all our heart to give us widsom He will. He gives it freely, and He will not condemn us when we ask. We can come to Him broken, and crying, and sinstained and He will not turn us away.

He delights when we ask for His wisdom and not for things like more money, a better wife/husband.

Trials are there to bring us closer and closer to God and to teach us to rely on Him every time, all the time. Praying without ceasing to our wonderful Lord and Saviour.

Margaret

• 6 months later...

If you ask God for wisdom. He will give it to you.

You need to ask in faith and not waver.

We gain faith through our trials.And faith comes from hearing and hearing comes from his word. And his word is wisdom.You will discover that by reading the bible.

• 3 weeks later...

The promise to claim in verse 5 is that if we lack wisdom we are to ask God for it and it will be granted. But when we ask we are not to doubt that we are going to receive it. If we doubt we are then double minded.

Trials help us receive this wisdom because we will see the mistake that got us into that situation and we will have the wisdom not to do it again.

• 6 months later...

The promise is that God will give generously of wisdom if we ask Him to. The condition is that we must believe and not doubt that God will give us wisdom. I can see that trials would help us in a couple of ways. First, trials strengthen our faith so that we are able to believe that God will give us wisdom and see us through the situation. Second, trials help us to know God and obey God's Word at a deeper level, which makes us wiser the next time around (ideally anyway).

• 9 months later...

If we lack wisdom ask for it and God will generously give it to us.  The condition attached to this promise is having no doubt that God can provide that wisdom or anything else for that matter.

I know I don't have all the answers or wisdom there is to be had.  Trials help me to focus on what I need and to go to God for the wisdom I haven't developed yet.

If we lack wisdom ask for it and God will generously give it to us.  The condition attached to this promise is having no doubt that God can provide that wisdom or anything else for that matter.

I know I don't have all the answers or wisdom there is to be had.  Trials help me to focus on what I need and to go to God for the wisdom I haven't developed yet.