JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q29. Healing Prayer

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

IT SEEMS THAT THE SICK IS INITIATING PRAYER BY REACHING OUT IN FAITH TO CALL ON THE ELDERS OF THE CHURCH TO PRAY FOR HIM.FAITH IS AN ACTION BECAUSE ALL THROUGT THE NEW TESTAMENT , THOSE WHO GOT HEALED TOOK SOME FORM OF ACTION BY COMING TO THE LORD BECAUSE THEY HAD HEARD ABOUT HIS MARVELOUS HEALING POWER.

THIS IS IMPORTANT BECAUSE ALTHOUGH EVERY MAN HAS BEEN GIVEN A MEASURE OF FAITH, SOMETIMES WHEN WE'RE SICK IT'S DIFFICULT TO EXERCISE FAITH FOR OUR OWN SELVES AND THAT'S WHEN GOD USES THE FAITH OF OTHERS TO BRING HEALING TO US.EPHESIANS 2:8 TELLS ME THAT FAITH IS A GIFT FROM GOD AND NOT WE OURSELVES.SO THOSE WHO DO HAVE THE GOD KIND OF FAITH FOR HEALING IS SUPPOSED TO PRAY IN FAITH , BELIEVING FOR THE SICK TO BE HEALED.........GOD BLESS

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

When a person is sick it is that person who should call upon the elders of the church to anoint with oil and pray over them. This is significant because it represents that individual exercising his or her faith, the necessary step toward receiving a healing.

• 2 months later...
Q1. (5:13-14) According to verse 14, who is to initiate prayer for healing? Why might this be important?

The sick person is to call for the elders of the church. The sick person initiates prayer by asking for prayer.

People don't know the need if you don't express it to them. They may not be aware of any sickness. If I call for someone to pray for me then that means that I have voiced the need for prayer plus it says that I have confidence in that person whom I am asking to pray for me that they will indeed pray and pray fervently with faith believing God will heal me.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Q1. (5:13-14) According to verse 14, who is to initiate prayer for healing? Why might this be important?

According to verse 14, the person who is in need of healing is to initiate prayer for healing by calling upon the elders of the church to pray for their healing. The elders will pray the prayer of faith for the person to be healed. According to James this is important because it is very likely that the elders have more experience with healing and faith and prayer than the sick person.

• 2 months later...

The sick person is to initiate prayer by asking the elders of the church to pray over him/her. This is important believe the elders of the church should be spiritually mature and know how to prayer for the sick.

• 4 months later...

The sick person should initiate things by calling the elders to pray.

It is important because it is a step of faith. But the person who is sick does not have to only rely on her/his faith, as the elders will pray with faith as well.

• 3 weeks later...

The sick should ask the elders to pray for them. This is important because it encourages them in their faith and the onus of belief is on the elders. Fait is tested and encouraged therefore, on the sick person as well as the elders of the church.

• 1 month later...

The sick person is to initiate the prayer and call the elder also to pray with him..

This is important to determine the faith of the person owing to which he will be healed.James here emphasises the importance of a faith community when it comes to healing of a sick..God wants us to take the initiative as well as wants the whole community to take part in the whole process..this puts into action the faith of all..

• 11 months later...

Q1. (5:13-14)

According to verse 14, who is to initiate prayer for healing?

Why might this be important?

I feel that in all circumstance of life, we should go to the Lord in prayer. When we are in trouble, we should pray earnestly; and in times of rejoicing, we should lift our hearts to Him in praise. We should not allow ourselves to become victims of circumstances, or to wait for our circumstances to change. We should acknowledge that God is in control of our lives. When we come to sicknesses, we know that God does heal. We are to initiate the prayer for healing and then ask the elders to pray for us. The elders could intercede for us, while we are ill, but their presence at our bedside, and their audible prayers, as well as the anointing with oil, are all bound to have a healing effect, even if it is only psychological. This will show that we belong to a happy church served by leaders that are loving and selfless.

• 2 months later...

The person who is sick needs to intiate prayer. It shows that person has the faith to believe he or she will be healed. We must believe that God is always there working in us. He loves us with an unconditional love.

The person ill is to call for the elders of the church so that they may pray over them anointing them with oil in the name of the Lord. This is important because the more that pray for you I believe the better it is. It will not be just your own faith at work but the faith of others also. Jesus said that if two or three were gathered together and pray, that their prayers would be heard. Have you ever been to a christian reunion or convention where there are thousands gathered and they start to pray and worship? You can feel the Holy Spirit it moves you in ways I cannot explain but the Holy Spirit is powerful and that is why I believe it is important. Let us praise the Lord, Amen! :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

According to verse 14, the person who is sick should call the elders of the church to have them prayer. This is very significant in that the person does not need to rely on their faith alone to prayer. It ensures that the person who is sick will not be alone. If the person is in a state of unbelief, the elders can help the person. If they have been called to prayer over and over, they will have experienced the healing power of God and be able to help the unbelief (see Mark 9:23).

• 2 weeks later...

I know that seeking prayer via an elder exposes the passion for others in my heart. Seeking for their healing is important. Asking brothers to pray is alos important when we feel added prayer is necessary

• 3 months later...

Who is to initiate prayer for healing?

The sick person

Why is this person important?

This is important because it is with the faith of the sick person as well as the faith of the elder, that can heal the sick person. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

James 5:14- Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

Answer:

1.According to verse 14, who is to initiate prayer for healing?

Elders of the Church-

2. Why might this be important?

Elders of the Church areconsidered Mature and knowledgeable Christians:They are no longer Babe or Children in Faith:

Hebrews 5:13-14 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

However it is not their position in Church as Elders that will heal the sick,IT IS THEIR POSITION AS BEING RIGHTEOUS..RIGHT WITH GOD THAT MATTERS..RIGHT WITH GOD IN THE SENSE THAT JESUS CHRIST RIGHTEOUSNESS COVERS THEM,THROUGH THE ACCEPTANCE OF JESUS AS THEIR LORD AND PERSONAL SAVIOUR..

And when this Righteous Elders of the Church Pray IN FAITH,..the Scripture says Healing will follow:

James 5:15- And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up..

In fact James emphasis here is not the elders of Church BUT ON THE PRAYER OF FAITH..It is not necessarily,only the Elder of the Church,nor the rubbing of oil that can heal the sick.All believers who believe and does not doubt,can have prayer of Faith and healing,be it physical,financial will be given

• 7 months later...