JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Forgiving

Q4. Why should we continually ask forgiveness? How can unforgiveness on our part block God's blessing? How can unforgiveness block God's forgiveness?

Seeking forgiveness to me is not only a cleansing of my soul and being in right standing with God but it is necessary for God to bless me as well. Unforgiveness clogs the flow of God's favor. It can block my blessings because in Malachi God tells Israel they need to repent and then He will open up the windows of Heaven and pour out a blessing that we cannot contain. I believe that if I go throught he motions or do it for the wrong reasonss the channel of blessing will remain clogged.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should ask for forgivness because it makes us free. When I learned how to forgive it was like a releasing power came over me. The releasing power that over came me quickly started turning my life around. Things I had been praying and asking God for began to unravel. I soon realized my unforgivingness was hendering my progress and blessings.

we need to pray and ask His forgiveness daily because we are born into sin and for this reason, we sin daily. There is not one of us that is without sin. He died for our sins and we are to forgive others just as He did when He died on the cross for us

IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b204/RosemaryEllis/bly-btn.gif[/img]

• 4 weeks later...

We should always be willing to ask God for forgiveness. We sin often, and without realizinfg it sometimes we sin. I sometimes think I am justified in what I am thinking or doing because I am reacting to what has just happened to me. Not so--this means I have given a person to much authority over me. I have replaced God with them or with the circumstances that are the reason why I am acting the way I am acting and that gives them the austhority over a loving and forgiving God.

• 5 weeks later...

We should continuously pray for God's forgiveness because we always sin. Onlu by God's grace can we be forgiven of all our sins. If we ask God for forgiveness of our sins we should also be ready to forgive those who have hurt us in the past. Otherwise by what measure we forgive the faults of others , God will use it to measure our faults.

• 1 month later...

Q4. Why should we continually ask forgiveness? How can unforgiveness on our part block God's blessing? How can unforgiveness block God's forgiveness?

We continually ask for forgiveness because of our sinful actions that come from a sinful life.

Unforgiveness on our part leads us to believe that we are equal to God and can practice perfect justice but we can't. Unforgiveness is like having a fist closed and not open to receive what God desires to give us.

Q4. Why should we continually ask forgiveness?

We need to continually ask forgiveness because we continue to sin.

How can unforgiveness on our part block God's blessing?

God will bless us according to what we deserve. If we refuse to forgive, he will withhold his blessings to us.

How can unforgiveness block God's forgiveness?

In Matthew 6: 15 Jesus says,

:( We should continually ask for forgiveness because we continue to sin. We are not always aware of it, sometimes it is a sin of omission.

Unforgiveness can block God's blessing because unforgiveness is sin and God cannot bless sin in our life.

It also can block God's forgiveness because when we hold on to unforgiveness, we are saying we do not want God's forgiveness. Our heart is not in the right place to receive forgiveness.

• 4 weeks later...

We are not perfect. We mess things up and sin all the time. We have to ask God to examine us and show us our sin. Sometimes we have sins that have become part of our personality and therefore we nurse them or are not even aware of them. God in His grace will point sin out to us and then we must confess and turn. Sometimes it is painful mostly it is humbling. Unforgiveness blocks our relationship with God because is breaks fellowship with Him through disobedience. I well remember once thinking and saying to God "but God it was my child" only to quickly hear "He is My Son, I forgave and forgive." There is no choice in the matter, we must forgive.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Because of our sinful nature bornt in flesh, we continue to sin. Therefore we need to die to our flesh daily, repent and acknowledge our sin to God to make us live in total dependence on Him.

2. If we don`t forgive others, God will not forgive us too. God hates sin and being unforgiving, we harbor that sin in ourselves and we can`t receive God`s grace and mercy. We must learn to humble ourselves down to our flesh with pure heart and clean hands so that the Spirit can shine on us . :rolleyes:

3). By forgiving our brothers, we open ourselves up to forgiveness from our Father. True repentance of forgiveness will cover us to walk towards the light. :lol:

Q4. Why should we continually ask forgiveness?

We should continually as forgiveness so that we may be forgiven of the sins that we commit.

How can unforgiveness on our part block God's blessing?

Unforgiveness on our part block God's blessing because if we don't forgive then we are in disobedience and in sin. The blessings of God will not flow in our lives when we are hanging on to sin.

How can unforgiveness block God's forgiveness?

Jesus told us that if we do not forgive others who sin against us, neither will God forgive us.

"For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins." (6:14-15)

• 2 weeks later...

This reminds me of when the disciples were arguing about who is the greatest. We all have times when we see ourselves as better than someone else. That is our sinful nature. Keeping our daily prayer life focused on forgiveness, asking God to search us, asking forgiveness for the things that we have thought and done and left undone keeps us focused on God rather than ourselves. It allows us to serve others with His love, rather than with our own earthly love.

• 2 months later...

We are always human and sin in thought or word if not deed. We need God's mercy to continue to receive the Holy Spirit to help us with this. If we can't forgive others, we are retaining a sin of judgement and not acting toward others as we would like to receive from others. Love your neighbor as yourself.

• 1 month later...

We should ask for forgiveness continually be cause we constantly do or say or think things that are not pleasing to God. we need to ask forgiveness every day for the things that we should have done that we did not do. No one is perfect and non is righteous. We fail and mess up all the time. God is a loving Father who wants to bless us and help us if we only ask.

If we have unforgiveness in our hearts then we block the blessing of God. we become bitter and rebellious, and God cannot bless us if we refuse to forgive others. That is a major part of the Christian walk - to forgive those who have wronged us. Christ's prayer on the cross was "Forgive Them". The Word of God plainly says that if we do not forgive others He cannot forgive us.

When we forgive those who have hurt us and wronged us then WE are actually the ones being set free. Pride and bitterness no longer have a hold on us once we CHOOSE to forgive.

• 2 months later...

We have to ask forgiveness continually because we are not perfect and will not be perfect until Jesus comes again. We will always have trials. No one can say they don't get mad at any situation. Even Jesus had righteous anger. Unforgiveness will block God's blessing of joy and health. If we do not forgive someone for something then everytime anyone mentions their name we will cringe inside ourselves and we lose some of the joy we have in that moment. In addition our health will suffer. Maybe we overeat to compensate for the hurt we are feeling, or maybe our blood pressure soars because of the anger. Either of these hurts our health. Overeating will cause us to gain weight. Weight gain will put an extra load on our back and cause backaches, it will put an extra load on our hearts. God wants to forgive us and love us and bless us, but he also wants us to do the same for others. When we are not forgiving others we have impure thoughts. God is pure and cannot dwell within impurity, so he cannot forgive us because he is unable to dwell within us.

• 1 month later...

We ask continually for the forgiveness of sin in order to maintain fellowship with God.

If God will forgive us of our sins then we are commanded to forgive others of their sins against us. Are we greater than the Master? Being ungiving harbors bitterness and anger in our lives which is not the will of God for us.

James said for one to know to good and not do it is sin. Therefore, forgiving others is good and the Godly thing to do. If we don't forgive others, it is sin and therefore blocks God's forgiveness of our sins.

TO ERR IS HUMAN AND TO FORGIVE IS DIVINE. UNLESS THE ADAMIC NATURE IS REMOVE HUMAN WILL CONTINUE TO SIN. CHRIST HAS SAID IF WE DO NOT FORGIVE OUR HEAVENLY FATHER WILL NOT FORGIVE. TO FORGIVE IS THE NATURE OF GOD . IF WE DO NOT FORGIVE WE DO NOT HAVE HIS NATURE

• 3 weeks later...

Why should we continually ask forgiveness? How can unforgiveness on our part block God's blessing? How can unforgiveness block God's forgiveness?

Repentence is always a good place to be which in turn gives you the liberty to forgive yourself and others. When you hold offense in your heart your block your chance of truly repenting and being set free to move, live and have your being in Christ Jesus. True repentence is key to continually be forgiven; it keep your blessings from being block and also it allows God blessings to be manifested in your life.

OLIVIA IT IS WRITEING THAT WE SHOULD FORGIVE OTHER SO WE CAN BE FORGIVING. AND PLUS YOU CAN FEEL GREAT AND THE BURDEN IS LEFTED AND DONT HAVE WALK AROUND WITH RESENTMENT AND BEING EVIL WITH OTHER HAD TO FORGIVE TWO PEOPLE ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO. AND I DID AND FELT SO MUCH BETTER AND STARTED TO CRY BECAUSE I NO IT WAS THE BEST THING TO DO. AND WHAT GOD HAD DONE FOR ME SO MANY TIMES THE LORD HAD FORGAVE ME TO ME WHEN YOU FORGIVE SOME ONE FROM HEART IT IS A BLESSING FOR YOU. MOST OF ALL ITS THE RIGHT THING TO

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[

We should continually ask for forgiveness because we sin all the time, we need God to forgive our sins so that we are close to him in prayer without any hindreances.

It blocks Gogs blessings because in our heart we have sin of not forgiving so God will not give us what we need until we clear or sin of not forgiving.

As it is said in his Word we to forgive so that He will forgive us.

• 4 weeks later...

We continually fall short of the Glory of the Lord, we should ask forgiveness daily for sins we commit through out actions, or those we commit through our inactions.

God will not truly bless us when we are out of His will though He wants to. We must be repentant in order for the atonement of Christ to wash us clean, and that is not just a once only step, it is recurring as long as we are sinful by nature, which will endure until we are reunited with Christ in His kingdom. We strive to be Christ like, God blesses those efforts, but wants us to acknowledge that without Christ we are lost in sin, and continual renewal allows us to grow in faith and serve God better as Brothers with Christ.

Unforgiveness on our part implies a kernel of hate lives in us, the kernel no matter how small is a foothold for Satan to use against us. Through deceitful actions Satan can convince us that we are somehow unforgiveable. God will triumph, but He asks that we do are part, forgiving others is a first step in that direction and it removes a foothold that Satan can use to bind us. Hate is a strong emotion that blocks love, forgiveness removes hate from our lives.

• 3 weeks later...

Q3. Why do we seek to be independent of asking anyone for help? Why do we seek to be independent of God? Why should we ask God to "give" us daily bread so long as we can earn a living for ourselves?

Q.3a) Why do we seek to be independent of asking anyone for help? For me I think by asking for help I am admitting that I can't do it alone. And if I can't do it alone then I am not independent. Growing up I use to always hear you need to be independent and do things for your self because no one will do them for you. So by asking someone for help that is a "dependency on others" goes against things we (I) grew up learning.

Q.3b) Why do we seek to be independent of God? God's will is so simple to follow and so humbling, that we(I) think we seek to be independent is because God's promises could take a life time for us(me) to happen. And society strives on the NOW syndrome. Because you are worth it you deserve it. Its all about YOU (me). When in reality if we give to God what is God's he will Bless us (me) in many ways. But we fight siding with God, because Satan offers instant gratification. Satan offers it NOW with the promise of no ramifications. Then when you go for what Satan offers there is always a PRICE To PAY and it is never what we want to pay. Self respect, our family, our friends, our life.

Q.3c) Why should we ask God to "give" us daily bread so long as we can earn a living for ourselves? I have just realized that having a job and supporting myself is a very lonely thing if you can't share what you do in life. If we(I) pray for guidance of my income and how and where I should spend it. The Lord directs me. I don't know what verse it was in the Bible because I am new to the Bible but it mentions giving with a happy heart. God has freely given to us (I) and we should freely give to others. So by asking God to "give" us our daily bread I think he is Referring to if you seek the answers in the Bible and follow God's plan then he will give us the bread of life. Because Jesus said as he broke "BREAD" Take this bread and eat it in remembrance of me. So Jesus is the bread of life and if we ask God for the Bread of Life then we are constantly asking that LORD AND SAVIOUR to be us.

Q.4a) Why should we continually ask forgiveness? We should continually ask forgiveness of our sins because if we(I) don't then to me that would mean that I am okay with sinning and I am not ready to take responsibility for my actions. But if I continually ask forgiveness then I am acknowledging that I need to take responsibility for what I do or how I act. I need to ask God for for forgiveness in order to grow in Christ Jesus.

Q.4b) How can unforgiveness on our part block God's blessing? I have to be willing to forgive myself and someone else if I want to grow with Christ. But if I continuously refuse to forgive then I am not allowing God to run my life I am saying that I don't need God to direct my life and I am just fine on my own.(but I am not). So by not forgiving I am not allowing God's Will to flow through me.

Q.4c) How can unforgiveness block God's forgiveness? If I don't forgive my self or others then God won't forgive me. Just like 1John 1:9 If we confess with our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. Only when we (I) forgive we (I am) are forgiven.