JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Exalting God through Praise

Q2 In what way does praise exalt God. When we praise and exault God. We are humbling our selves before God. We are to praise and exalt Him forever. His name is to be high and lifted up. It takes our eys off ourselves and onto HIM. When we are exaulting our Lord and Saviour we are letting ourselves get lost in his love for us, and we exault him and praise him it directs our hearts and love towards HIM. His niame is to be High and Lifted up, Glory to HIS name.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. In what way does praise exalt God? Why should we exalt God? What does this exaltation do in us? What does it say about us?

Praise places God where He belongs. High in a place we look up to!! Exalted means lifted up. We lift up our hands in a symbol of worship. That's placing God on a high pedestal and bowing down before Him. :rolleyes:

We should always exalt God because He deserves it. He is the source of everthing we have. Our life, possessions, talents, accomplishments, everything we have is because of Him as He gave them to us. So its natural and proper that we place everything before Him and accept His authority over us in our lives.

This exaltation places us in the proper perspective. "God above, man below", as one songwriter puts is. Accept Him as our whole and sole provider and take our position at His feet. This position brings an attitude of humility in us. It makes us humble and reminds us of who we are in His sight. Though we are dust and of no consequence, yet God, in His grace, has given us the blessed privilege of being called His children. This brings about a feeling of togetherness. We belong to each other. One family. What a great feeling to know that I belong to the family of God. :)

It just says that we are a blessed people. Though made out of dust, we are more precious than the most precious stones. Gives us more reason to praise, adore, glorify and exalt God in our lives. :D

Q2. In what way does praise exalt God?

When I

It shows our respect and honor for our God. It shows that we believe that He is above all and greatly to be praised. He is Supreme. When we exalt God, it strengthens our faith. That we acknowledge that God is almighty, all knowing and He is everywhere and in everything in all the Earth. It all belongs to Him. We can do nothing without Him. We should praise and exalt Him daily. ( That we have the faith to believe that He will do what He said in scripture.)

TO EXALT GOD IS TO RAISE GOD HIGH ABOVE EVERYTHING.TO SHOW GOD WE KNOW HE IS ALL POWERFUL. WE MAGNIFY GOD TO HIS GLORY.WE SHOULD EXALT GOD BECAUSE HE IS OUR GOD, OVER ALL.WHEN WE EXALT GOD WE CAN FEEL HIS PRESENCE.WE KNOW GOD IS THERE,RIGHT IN THE ROOM WITH US.KNOWING GOD IS THERE IS JUST KNOW WORDS FOR ME TO EXPLAIN.WE EXALT GOD AND IN RETURN HE EXALTS US WITH HIS ELECTRIC PRESENCE.AS I EXALT GOD,I CAN FEEL GOD WITH ME. WHAT DOES EXALTATION DO IN US.IT STRENGTHENS ME,KNOWING GOD IS THERE AND HE LOVES ME SO MUCH TO MAKE HIMSELF PRESENT.I EXALT GOD BECAUSE I LOVE HIM AND I KNOW WITHOUT HIM I AM NOTHING.AMEN.

In what way does praise exalt God?

Praise is to lift up our hands to the creator of our life,it is a way of showing that God is worthy of our love and respect as His children. We show that we recognize God and Jesus for what they mean in our lives and souls. When King David had asked for the officals to give they gave it cause they wanted to praise God for all the things that htye had done for God.

Why should we exalt god?> Cause He is the father of our livs and we show that we love Him by praising and standing in awe of what he could bless us with when we followHis will. Exalting God is showing that we acknowledge of what he is doing in our lives and will hopefully keep on doing.

What does this exaltation do for us?> It gives us a sense of hope and deep love and appreciation for the One who created each of us. When we exalt we show that God has given us the victory and that each day we should love God and each other. Together with our other brothers and sisters inChrist we can exalt and lift up our hands to Him and praise Him in all the ways, God bless :D

Q2. In what way does praise exalt God?

Praise exalts God by showing Him honor and respect. It, also, encourages others to praise Him and acknowledges His position as head over all.

Why should we exalt God?

"Have ye not known? have ye not heard? hath it not been told you from the beginning? have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth? It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in: that bringeth the princes to nothing; he maketh the judges of the earth as vanity....To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One." Isaiah 40:21-25

What does this exaltation do in us?

Exaltation of God strengthens our faith. We may experience the thrilling sensation of the Holy Spirit.

What does it say about us?

It reveals that we are part of the family of God. PTL! From Proverbs 14:34, Righteousness could exalt our nation. I hope and pray this will be the future of the United States of America. Glory to God in the highest!

Q2. In what way does praise exalt God? Why should we exalt God? What does this exaltation do in us? What does it say about us?

Praising God to me is like bragging about Him. When we praise God, particularly around other people, we're "building God up", so to speak, to show people just how big God is. We should exalt God because that is what we were created to do. When we exalt God, we strengthen our own faith.

Our praise exalts God because it let's him know that he is great, powerful, glory, majesty, and splendor. Praise is also the language of faith. Because God almighty deserves that we exalt he. It strengthens the faith in us. That God exalts us which is by his grace, but he is always exalted above all.

In what way does praise exalt God?Why should we exalt God?What does this exaltation do in us? What does it say about us?

1. Praise exalts God because it reveals His Majesty; He is the self-existant

One. God is known in Judah(in the praises of His people). Let everything

that hath breath praise the Lord.

2. We should exalt God, because Revelation 4:11 states, " Thou art worthy

O Lord, the receive honour and glory and power , for thou hast created all

things and for thy pleasure, they are and were created". Also, we are a peculiar people that we should shew forth the praises of Him, who hath

called us out of darkness into His marvelous light.

3. This exaltation of God produces in us a desire to be like Him with a desire

to walk in holiness and righteousness before Him.

4. It reveals in us God's nature and likeness.

1. How do we praise God? Do we carry that praise with us as we go about the day? Or do we leave it inside or in this bible study as I have done this last week or 10 days. Do we praise and exalt God through the day by what do think and say.

2. By not doing so we are saying we don't buy into all this God stuff. That is a reflection of our heart. Our goose is cooked.

3-4. My thought train is what happens if we don't exalt God. A messed up heart is no place to be. To make a long story short my actions this last week or so did not praise or exalt God. The peace of heart that comes from that was missed.

:rolleyes:

God is exalted above any ruler or celebrity. Praising God shows Him that he is #1 in our lives. We acknowledge His greatness, thus exalting Him.

He is the one true God. He created us to worship and have fellowship with Him. Our praise and blessing encourages and witnesses to others so that they may see God.

Not only does it raise God up in our hearts but it also lifts us up in our spirit and strengthens our own faith. You can feel God's presence in the room and in your heart.

God exalts us in return. He lifts us up. We cannot be His equal but he can give us the energy to carry on.

TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL OF YOUR HEART!

God is not exalted because of our praise rather because He is the only exalted one that iswhy we need to praise Him.

We should exalt God because He is worthy of our praise. All creation praises Godand so as a covenant people we need to exalt Him for the Bible says that God inhabits the praises of His people.

It humbles us ,our sinfulness is apparent in His holiness.our fickleness in His faithfulness and our guilt in His grace.

When we exalt God we are the sheep of His pasture and that gives me great peace.

By extolling His Person, voicing His Goodness, declaring His Might and focusing only on HIM. True praise will LIFT HIM up, as we settle down in Him. He is exalted by our desire and thurst to experience His Presence in our midst. Thereby forgetting about ourselves and concentrating on HIM.

It causes us to Grow in grace and in the knowledge of Him. And to cast all our care upon Him, focusing on the HELP and not the NEED, meaning that we will praise Him anyway, regardless of life's outcomes. Job, shaved his head, tore his clothes and then "worshiped" GOD.

We need to increase our "worship and praise" to GOD who is worthy of it all. If we will learn early in Christian life what David has recorded by experience we'd be better Christians. "I will praise the LORD at ALL times His paise shall continually be in MY mouth".

In what way does praise exalt God?Why should we exalt God?What does this exaltation do in us?What does it say about us?

1. I believe that the view expressed by Pickledilly expresses it correctly,

in that giving praise to God , builds up the throne that God has established in our hearts. God is great and greatly to be praised and His greatness is

unsearchable. The truth is we are unable to give the kind of praise to God

that He deserves. The last verse of Psalms says, "Let everything that hath

breath praise the Lord". Praising God is an act of worship that declares His

majesty. The heavens declare the glory of God and the firmanent sheweth

His handiwork. ALL THINGS WERE MADE BY HIM AND WITHOUT HIM NOTHING

WAS MADE THAT IS MADE.

2. We should exalt God because He is worthy of all praise; it is He that hath

made us, and not we ourselves; we are the people of His pasture and the sheep of His hand. His word tells us that we are made for His glory and honour.

3. This exaltation for God encourages and strenghtens us in our day to day

walk of faith . It brings peace to our lives knowing that we have a real purpose in our lives.

4. It reveals to us that we truly are the sons and daughters of the most high

God, for we are a peculiar people that we should shew forth the praises of Him who hath called us out of darkness into His marvelous light.

In what way does praise exalt God?

Praise exalts God because thru it, we are recognizing The Diety that He is. And when we do it openly, others see His Majesty.

Why should we exalt God?

We should exalt God because He is the Great I Am! He is our creator. Without Him, we are nothing. Amen!

What does this exaltation do in us?

This exaltation helps us to remain humble and thru this we can bless God.

What does it say about us?

We need our beautiful God!!

A. When we acknowledge God as King of Kings, and Lord of Lords; Above all rulers, kings, and authority, we exalt God over all in our praises.

B. God is creator of all and therefore overall.

C. Exaltation of God builds our faith and the faith of others in God.

D. This says that we have a clear and correct view of who God is.

Praise exalts God by lifting Him up with our words and in our heart.

We should exalt God because He is our creator and because He is worthy of our praise.

When we exalt God, it strengthens our own faith.

• 2 weeks later...

:P We are confessing with all our soul, mind and body for what HE is, by declaring again and again

His Glory, Majesty, His righteousness and His truthfulness. When we glorify God as above all, as omnipotent,omniscient, everlasting, we do not add anything to God's glory but remind ourselves what a glories God we serve. We confess among all the multitude of people the greatness of our God, the only God. We glorify God with humility, love and adoration, gratitude and thankfullness!