JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Exalting God through Praise

Praise exalts God 1. because we are saying that He is the only Lord and King. 2. It brings us closer to Him. 3. It gives the people around us a a picture of how great He is.

WE should exalt God I because of Him we all exist. 2. because He sent Jesus here knowing what was going to happen we all can have salvation through Him. 3. Because He is more than worthy of it.

Praise says that we love God and are greatful that He is watching us and guiding us, and providing for spiritually.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. In what way does praise exalt God? Why should we exalt God? What does this exaltation do in us? What does it say about us?

Our praise lifts God up and gives Him glory that He deserves. We should exalt God because He is glorious and mighty and it is right that He should be exalted because of His perfection.

When we exalt God it makes us realize how amazing God is and how wonderful it is that He loves us and wants to be in relationship with us so much that Jesus died to enable us to draw close to God. It is very humbling and also invigorating. It makes me realize once again that anything I can do is not because of myself but because of God's abilities and giftings and I am nothing without Him.

• 2 months later...

We exalt God when we praise him because we are lifting him up firstmost in our thoughts, our hearts, our minds, our very being is focused on him. We are putting him in first place where he belongs.

We praise him for the same reason.

When we do this, we show our faith and love for him. It shows we are totally dependant on him for our needs.

• 2 months later...

Praise is commendation -To praise one , is to commend him .When we think of what our Lord is doing in our we need to lift Him more higher than anything else in this world .

It is impossible to be in a spiritual state without praising God.Praise cultivates spiritually .While we praise , we are insensibly transformed into the image .

Praises greatly opens the way for God to manifest to his people.

• 4 weeks later...

God inhabits the praises of His people. By praising Him we are fulfilling our creation purpose thereby exalting Yahweh.

How can we NOT exalt our Creator? He is the giver of everything that is good. He is our Savior. He is the Holy One. He is love. This could go on and on. Shame to those who do not exalt I AM!

When we lift Him up He lifts us up. In Him our joy is restored. He puts us on a higher plain.

Our relationship with Him is made full when our praises are given to our Lord and King. It shows our love and humility toward Him, our complete submission to His will.

• 4 weeks later...

Q2. In what way does praise exalt God? Why should we exalt God? What does this exaltation do in us? What does it say about us?

Because praise has to go to someone so when we prasie God then we are acknowledging His greatest and power above anyone or anything in this world Praise to God is outward sign that we Love and care about God our father. God is the only thing in our lives that we shoud exalt. Because He first Loved us, and gave us salvation eternal life in his Son Jesus Christ.

• 1 month later...

Exalting God through Praise,is when we read His Word,worship Him, fellowship with Him. When we are down,He lifts us up.,He comes to our aid,He heals us. Praising God for what he does for us gives him great joy to know we Exalt Him. God's glory in us is the greatest of all.He came down on earth to save us from our sins. Praising Him is what we owe to Him,and acknowledge that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Q2. In what way does praise exalt God?

In praising God, we are acknowledging that He is our God and is Holy and Righteous.

Why should we exalt God?

Because He IS God and He is Worthy.

What does this exaltation do in us?

It strengthens our Faith and we become stronger in our walk with Him.

What does it say about us?

It shows that we love Him and have our focus on Him. :rolleyes:

• 5 weeks later...

:P Praise exalts God because it puts Him on the throne of our heart.

We should exalt God for who He is and what He has done. The biggest thing being dying on the cross to pay our sin debt so we could be saved.

Exalting God strenghtens our faith in the Lord. It says that He is the one we worship and He is the one we adore. It says we look to Him for guidance in all matters, He is the one who rules our hearts and lives.

• 1 month later...

Praise exalts God because it lifts Him up as King and head over all.

Why should we exalt God?

We should exalt God because of Him being our God. He is worthy of exaltation and we recognize and give honor to His Sovereignty.

Our exaltation of our God humbles us and at the same time it strengthens us in our faith and our devotion to God.

It says that we are His and that we submit to His Lordship and Sovereignty.

• 4 weeks later...

1). Praise exalt God when we put Him on the throne with our songs, words, voices and heart feeling lifted up to Him to express how deep and wide is our love for Him. When we exalt Him high above all the earth and far above all gods.

2). We exalt God because He is our Savior, our Creator, Our Provider, Our Rock & Our Fortress in whom we trust. He is worthy of our praise for He is our Yahweh.

3). It humble ourselves to bring closer in our relationship with Him. It strengthen our faith and help us to grow spiritually. It makes us aligned with God.

4). It says that He is the light of our life, our being and eternal glory. He has wonderfully and fearfully made us for His purpose, for His glory and to be a witness to all the earth.

• 4 months later...

Praise lifts up and edifies. Our praise to God lifts HIM up and lets HIM know that we know He is Lord of Lords and King of kings of whom none other is to be compared - high above all others

We should exalt God because HE is GOD!

In our praising HIM it builds up our faith. It reminds US of how great and powerful and loving GOD is.

It should say that we know our place. That we know that God is God and we are HIS servants, and we owe all that we are, all that we have, and all that we ever will be to HIM

• 3 months later...

By praising God we are enthroning Him in our lives and acknowleding His majesty. We should exalt God because He is our Father and Creator. This exaltation places God above all else in our lives and removes all other gods from our life. Our exaltation of God moves us closer to Him. It creates within us a humble spirit. In praising and exalting God, it says that we are placing God above ourselves, in His rightful place.

• 6 months later...

It allows us to acknowledge that He is higher than us, He alone is our God,creator,Lord,Saviour,and provider. We should exault God because we need to bereminded of who we are in relation to our God. It say that we have a desire to know and understand our God that we give Him first place in our lives and place Him on the thrown of our hearts. We acknowledge His power and head over our lives and that He is our only provider and with out Him we are and can only be nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

Praise is expressing out loud the respect and honor we have for our God and shows that we are willing to openly declare God's greatness.

Our praise to God encourages others to see God in this light and to honor him as well.

Praise to God builds our faith and it shows others we are seeking to be closer to God. Praise shows we are exalting God and putting Him in the place above ourselves where he belongs.

• 4 weeks later...

We should exalt God because it lifts Him up and honors Him, not that He needs to be lifted up. It respects the position He already has. Exaltation makes us aware of who God really is. It says that we have a personal relationship with Him

We exalt God because He deserves to be exalted! He is worthy of all honor, praise, glory, and blessing! And, when we give God His due, we are building up our faith. We are strengthening our belief and our faith in what God has already done for us, and what He is going to do for us.

• 1 month later...

It lifts Him up and acknowledges Him as Supreme above all else.

Why should we exalt God?

We are being obedient when we praise and exalt Him. We are acknowledging that we are His creatures and He is our Abba Father, Creator and that we love and adore Him.

When I exalt God, I place myself in humility and subjection to His Divine Authority and Power. I'm reminded that He's God and I'm not! It brings intimacy and fellowship with Him...the connection with His Presence that "dwells in the praises of His people".

It says that I know Him, I love Him, and I enthrone Him in my heart and publicly in worship.

Praise lifts up God higher than ourselves. We should (need to) exalt God because He is the Creator. He is God...we are not! This exaltation puts us in our "proper place."

I says that we are the children and He's our Dad.

Praise exalts, or 'lifts up' God in our hearts and spirit by putting us in a right frame of reference with Him. By praising Him, we focus ourselves on His greatness, power, mercy and lovingkindness. By doing this, we recognize and admit that we are helpless with out our Father. The ways in which we praise Him show our spirit and maturity (or lack thereof) as Christians.

When I praise Him it reflect Him as the most High, He is the head the chief, He is above very high. He is the saviour, the Rock, above the heaven, He is Glorified, above all gods.

Who else do I lift high if not my God, He is to be exalted. When i exalt Him, His glory comes down and mountains are moved, victory is asured, success is allowed, strenght is supplied all work together for good on my behalf.

It shows i am obedient and that I am still part of the family of God I recognise Him as my loving father.

In prising God it exhalts him to a level above myself thanking and praising his hallowed name and reminding me how insignificant I am and how much more important he is. God deserves exaultation in all of our lives just because he is God and if we truly are his our pride has been removed to the point where only he is exalted. He accomplished something so signicantly bigger than any of us could ever do and that was to endure what he did for us and choose to die to be raised back to life to prove to all he was God with a big G. A feat no one before or since has ever accomplished or ever will. This exaltation does to me says I am not the one who anyone should look up to the only person for that job is God.

• 1 month later...

When we praise God, we give Him the respect and honour that is naturally His.

We should exalt God because it should be a natural part of our lives as we have seen all the great works He has done. It also shows others as they become aware of His greatness when they see how we exalt Him.

When we exalt God, our faith is strengthened because He inhabits our praises.

When we exalt God, it shows that we are bonded with Him and His presence in Heaven comes down to meet our praises on earth.

• 5 months later...

Praise lifts Him up. Acknowledges Him as the only true living God.

We exalt God because He is worthy of our praise. He is the God and Creator of heaven and earth and without Him we are nothing and can do nothing.

Exaltation connects our spirit with His spirit; creates a longing in our heart to love and know Him more; brings th epresence of the Lord.

It is a witness to all who hear and see that we honour a real, living God.