JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. (22:43) Did Jesus get "special treatment" because he was the Son of God to have angels help and strengthen him in his spiritual struggle? Do we get that help, too?

Jesus came into the world as a lowly servant. He came not to be serve but to serve others. He was born in one of the most filthiest and smelliest place a stable; his bed was an animal feeding trough. He didnt have special treatment then and He didnt have special treatment; when the Angels gave him strength to endure the pain facing him. If we pray with a sincere heart through our spiritual stuggles; God will send us Angels or a physical being to encourage us to believe and hold on to our faith.

Patricia

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4. (22:43) Did Jesus get "special treatment" because he was the Son of God to have angels help and strengthen him in his spiritual struggle? Do we get that help, too?

No, no special treatment.

I think we can get that help too, even though we don't see the angels with our eyes.

I feel sure that Jesus did receive special treatment, in that he was about to perform a life changing sacrifice on behalf of people all over the world. Past present and future sins were to be paid for, once , for all.

I think that we are all surrounded by angels, seen and unseen. Jesus was so in tune with his father that he would derive maximum benefit from the help that was offered from God's angels.

Dear Lord, I thank you that I dont have to stand in Jesus' shoes and face what he was facing, in order to benefit from the presence of angels. Thankyou for your great mercy to me, a sinner.

• 4 months later...

Jesus being the son of God was sent to this earth for a special reason (to die on the cross for our sins). God loves Jesus, just as He loves us. Jesus knew the price was dead and therefore did not asked the angles of God for help. He chose to obey His father voice and take on the cross without help. We have the same special treatment that Jesus has and will always have. If God did not loved us He would not of send His one and only Son (Jesus)to die for our sins,so we can have that special connetion(relationship) with God through the Holy Spirit.

• 4 weeks later...

Q4. (22:43)

Did Jesus get "special treatment" because he was the Son of God to have angels help and strengthen him in his spiritual struggle? Do we get that help, too?

In His humanity Jesus suffered terribly and God the Father sent an angel from heaven to strengthen His Son, and comfort Him. Also to let Him know that His Father had not completely forsaken Him. I don

• 1 month later...

No Jesus did not get special treatment as the Son of God. Jesus released his own desire and embraced the will of the Father. God's will still had to be carried out but God knew Jesus was agonizing so he sent an angel to strengthen him. It is the same with us. When we need help, all we have to do is to cry out to God who will certainly help us in his own creative ways.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Q4. (22:43) Did Jesus get "special treatment" because he was the Son of God to have angels help and strengthen him in his spiritual struggle?

I would say that Jesus got help "special help" because it was a special situation. His agony was a tremendous weight on his very physical being as it caused him to sweat drops of blood. Jesus was very aware of the spiritual world and could discern the presence of the heavenly beings.

Do we get that help, too?

We get help if we ask for help in prayer and according to our situation. God does not always answer with heavenly angels. He may send a person to help us or diffuse the situation in some other way. He may even send an angel and we aren't aware of it.

• 8 months later...

Q4. (22:43) Did Jesus get "special treatment" because he was the Son of God to have angels help and strengthen him in his spiritual struggle?

No, Jesus did not get “special treatment” because He was the Son of God. BUT, He was given strength by the angels to help and strengthen him in His spiritual struggle.

"An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him." (Luke 22:43)

A few minutes after Jesus' prayer in the Garden, he is strongly aware of angels, for he admonishes his disciples not to resist his captors: "Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels? But how then would the Scriptures be fulfilled that say it must happen in this way?" (Matthew 26:53-54) God's answer to Jesus' prayer was not to remove the cup but to provide strength for the ordeal.16

Do we get that help, too?

YES!!! God sends us angels to strengthen us. All this is part of God's promise for us, "I will never leave you or forsake you" (Hebrews 13:5).

• 1 year later...

Angels are assigned to each one of us. I believe the treatment of the angels was their assignment to Jesus from the Father. Not special treatment but rather as directed from the Father to assist Jesus in the fulfillment of scripture and to bring about the Father's perfect will. All of us receive angelic assistance when we need it. It is a benefit of the children of God.

• 2 years later...

I believe that Jesus got the same help that we would get from God. However, I feel that the help we get depends on the trials and tribulations that we are facing. I feel that God does not give an angel when a tiny bit of help is needed. I feel that God would be able to put that on our hearts very easily Himself. However, if we were facing a life and death situation, I truly feel that God would send us all the angels that we would need right then and there.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Angels were sent by God from heaven,just as angels came and strengthened Jesus during the temptations in the wilderness at the beginning of his ministry. Here the angel comes during the conflict to strengthen him,carry him through what was before him.

Jesus did not recieve any special treatment. We read in scriptures God sent angels to God's people, prophets and apostles who were in need. Likewise I believe that when God's children are in need, desperate,helpless and suffering God provides by sending His angels in the form strangers,neighbours, church family and through many other ways.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

4a.  Affirmatively Jesus got help during his spiritual struggle but it wasn't special. If Jesus did then the whole salvation plan would have been null and void. Just as man can't add or subtract from Calvary's Cross as "It is finished."Now there is a special power in prayer. It is the vehicle which man uses to worship the Almighty.When it is activated its the  channel source by which divine spiritual power flows from the Almighty to man.As long as we open ourselves in prayer the Almighty Father answers and administers to our needs using seen and unseen earthly and Heavenly angels.No Jesus wasn't given special treatment. 

4b.  Yes anyone who bent  knees in praise and worship of Jesus Christ as the Son of God ...who lives in his Words ..who calls on his name gets help from angels too...

Blessed be the name of the Lord Almighty..Jesus Christ the Son and the Holy Spirit. 

• 2 years later...

I am grateful God sent Jesus an angel to strengthen Him that night in the Garden was horrible for Him.  Another specific story comes to mind when God sent Elijah an angel to strengthen him after the incredible 'battle of the false gods with the Living GOD' in 1Kings 19:5. We also are visited by angels.  I have been--a few times that I have noticed.  I wonder how many times I have not realized. God is faithful.  His word promised that angels are ministering spirits in Hebrews 1:14, "Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?"